It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

That's a damn mess. And will make for even crazier listings from now on with more additional regions that won't be used otherwise.

... and regional locking too. How "lovely".

And yeah, I follow, but largely just to confirm there's hardly any newer release I may purchase myself at any point, regardless of level of interest.
mrkgnao: Note that previously regMX stood for "Latin America"; now it stands only for Mexico, whereas regAR (which pays the US price for this game) stands for "Most of Latin America" (excluding Brazil (BR), Chile (CL), Colombia (CO), Mexico (MX), and Peru (PE)).

P.S. I expect only the most dedicated (e.g. Cavalary, HSL) still follow this insane thread.
I think you'd be surprised as I do have it favorited. Although I'm mostly looking for U.S. price changes, I do find the regional strangeness intriguing.
mrkgnao: Note that previously regMX stood for "Latin America"; now it stands only for Mexico, whereas regAR (which pays the US price for this game) stands for "Most of Latin America" (excluding Brazil (BR), Chile (CL), Colombia (CO), Mexico (MX), and Peru (PE)).

P.S. I expect only the most dedicated (e.g. Cavalary, HSL) still follow this insane thread.
RWarehall: I think you'd be surprised as I do have it favorited. Although I'm mostly looking for U.S. price changes, I do find the regional strangeness intriguing.
The more the merrier. You are definitely among the cadre of hardcore goglodytes, especially when it comes to list reading and list making.
mrkgnao: P.S. I expect only the most dedicated (e.g. Cavalary, HSL) still follow this insane thread.
Insane but useful ;-)
mrkgnao: P.S. I expect only the most dedicated (e.g. Cavalary, HSL) still follow this insane thread.
*waves* I'm still here. Still dismayed.

Although, I was reading that list thinking, "Colorado got their own price!?" so I was quite happy when my brain caught up and realized the other codes were South American.
OK. OK. I guess there are more madmen and madwomen around here than I had thought, after all.
Post edited February 28, 2016 by mrkgnao
high rated
mrkgnao: The regional pricing for Master of Orion: Collector's Edition [In Dev] I posted two days ago was incomplete. Here is the complete (mental) breakdown:

[...]
Pure madness...
From MaGog's logs for 29 February:

* Regional price for Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is $22.29 instead of $19.99 in regDE, regIT, regCH, regNO, regSE, regMC
* Regional price for Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is $21.59 instead of $19.99 in regGB
* Regional price for Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is $18.99 instead of $19.99 in regCZ, regPL
* Regional price for Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is $16.39 instead of $19.99 in regAU, regNZ
* Regional price for Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is $9.49 instead of $19.99 in regAR, regCL, regCO, regMX, regPE, regBR
* Regional price for Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is $5.29 instead of $19.99 in regRU, regUA, regUZ
Cavalary: That's a damn mess. And will make for even crazier listings from now on with more additional regions that won't be used otherwise.

And yeah, I follow, but largely just to confirm there's hardly any newer release I may purchase myself at any point, regardless of level of interest.
We already explained that the regional locking for MoO is temporary.
Cavalary: That's a damn mess. And will make for even crazier listings from now on with more additional regions that won't be used otherwise.

JudasIscariot: We already explained that the regional locking for MoO is temporary.
Wasn't there some game that was removed temporarily years ago? :P
JudasIscariot: We already explained that the regional locking for MoO is temporary.
omega64: Wasn't there some game that was removed temporarily years ago? :P
There were a few of them, your point being?
omega64: Wasn't there some game that was removed temporarily years ago? :P
JudasIscariot: There were a few of them, your point being?
Saying the region locking is temporary doesn't mean it's true.
Though I do believe you guys in this case.
JudasIscariot: There were a few of them, your point being?
omega64: Saying the region locking is temporary doesn't mean it's true.
We wouldn't have said it if it wasn't. Think what you like but we do take what we say seriously.
omega64: Saying the region locking is temporary doesn't mean it's true.
JudasIscariot: We wouldn't have said it if it wasn't. Think what you like but we do take what we say seriously.
I believe you have the best of intentions.
Would be weird if you made statements without being serious. You do represent GOG as a whole after all.
But the option exists and is made use of. First a few games in Germany, now one "temporarily" in South Korea, then...
I remember something else that started with supposedly just a few games and now covers just about the entire catalog...

mrkgnao:
Now with even more single country "regions" in that listing, may the terms be somewhat changed to reflect which cover only single countries? Not sure how, but may clarify some things for those who don't actively follow this, to know regXX means a group of countries out of which XX is the largest, and something else means it's literally just the country listed.