It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cavalary: Brits sure are getting screwed on Darksiders...
Wow, I didn't even notice that one. That's just naughty...
Hey, us Germans only pay $1.20 more than the "standard" price?
Funny economics and stuff.
A cute example of how we have progressed, so that now new users don't seem to know that we even have regional pricing:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/its_official_gog_has_aaa_games_giveaway/post82
mrkgnao: A cute example of how we have progressed, so that now new users don't seem to know that we even have regional pricing:

Maybe ill_e_gal thinks that a gift code price is set by the recipient's location? Far fetched but since regional pricing is everywhere, who doesn't know that Americans pay more than Russians and Brits pay most of all?
Oh I can't wait until GST hits Australia (because it is soon) for online purchases....yay.
mrkgnao: A cute example of how we have progressed, so that now new users don't seem to know that we even have regional pricing:

JaqFrost: Maybe ill_e_gal thinks that a gift code price is set by the recipient's location? Far fetched but since regional pricing is everywhere, who doesn't know that Americans pay more than Russians and Brits pay most of all?
How would he know? He sees only Belarussian prices. And he joined only a month ago.
mrkgnao: How would he know? He sees only Belarussian prices. And he joined only a month ago.
But wouldn't a Belarusian (Why does spell check want me to write Belorussian? O.o) gamer be aware that their prices have a steep discount at all outlets? I assumed Steam did the whole region locking because people in that region sell keys for profit?

I'm probably just in denial... I don't want people to be that ignorant. =/
micktiegs_8: Oh I can't wait until GST hits Australia (because it is soon) for online purchases....yay.
If by soon you mean 1 July 2017... if it isn't repealed (though it won't be as all govts <3 taxes...)
mrkgnao: How would he know? He sees only Belarussian prices. And he joined only a month ago.
JaqFrost: But wouldn't a Belarusian (Why does spell check want me to write Belorussian? O.o) gamer be aware that their prices have a steep discount at all outlets? I assumed Steam did the whole region locking because people in that region sell keys for profit?

I'm probably just in denial... I don't want people to be that ignorant. =/
I was blinded by my love for GOG and thought all this regional pricing stuff applies only to Steam and the likes of it.

Btw, great job with MaGOG, mrkgnao.
ill_e_gal: I was blinded by my love for GOG and thought all this regional pricing stuff applies only to Steam and the likes of it.

Btw, great job with MaGOG, mrkgnao.
Yeah, I used to love GOG for their flat pricing, so I hear you on that one. It's sad with the way pricing is going around here.

Mrkgnao is great. I'm a big fan. =P
From MaGog's logs for 14 May:

* Regional price for Not A Hero: Global MegaLord Edition Upgrade in regBR: $3.99 instead of $6.99
* Regional price for Not A Hero: Global MegaLord Edition Upgrade in regCH: $7.39 instead of $6.99
* Regional price for Not A Hero: Global MegaLord Edition Upgrade in regCZ: $7.39 instead of $6.99
* Regional price for Not A Hero: Global MegaLord Edition Upgrade in regDE: $7.39 instead of $6.99
* Regional price for Not A Hero: Global MegaLord Edition Upgrade in regGB: $7.29 instead of $6.99
* Regional price for Not A Hero: Global MegaLord Edition Upgrade in regNO: $7.39 instead of $6.99
* Regional price for Not A Hero: Global MegaLord Edition Upgrade in regPL: $7.39 instead of $6.99
* Regional price for Not A Hero: Global MegaLord Edition Upgrade in regRU: $2.39 instead of $6.99
* Regional price for Not A Hero: Global MegaLord Edition Upgrade in regSE: $7.39 instead of $6.99
* Regional price for Not A Hero: Global MegaLord Edition Upgrade in regUA: $2.39 instead of $6.99
* Regional price for Not A Hero: Global MegaLord Edition Upgrade in regUZ: $2.39 instead of $6.99
From MaGog's logs for 15 May:

* Regional price for Cyberia 2: Resurrection in regRU: $3.79 instead of $5.99
* Regional price for Cyberia 2: Resurrection in regUA: $3.79 instead of $5.99
* Regional price for Cyberia 2: Resurrection in regUZ: $3.79 instead of $5.99

NOTE! CHANGED Shadowgate, reg_price_full, regRU: $8.19 ***TO*** $6.79
NOTE! CHANGED Shadowgate, reg_price_full, regUA: $8.19 ***TO*** $6.79
NOTE! CHANGED Shadowgate, reg_price_full, regUZ: $8.19 ***TO*** $6.79

NOTE! CHANGED Shadowgate: Special Edition [Premium], reg_price_full, regRU: $9.69 ***TO*** $8.79
NOTE! CHANGED Shadowgate: Special Edition [Premium], reg_price_full, regUA: $9.69 ***TO*** $8.79
NOTE! CHANGED Shadowgate: Special Edition [Premium], reg_price_full, regUZ: $9.69 ***TO*** $8.79

[A correction for this three-week-old oversight.]
From MaGog's logs for 15 May:

Another conversion rate change; another bagload of regional USD price adjustments. See attached file (change jpg to txt) for the gory details.

Highlights:
1) The three Darksiders games, Metro: Last Light Redux, Invisible Inc., three Not a Hero games are now regionally priced only in RU/UA/UZ

2) Dead Synchronicity Soundtrack [DLC], Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack are now regionally priced also in GB

3) Gods Will Be Watching and its DLC, Luftrausers are now regionally priced only in GB/RU/UA/UZ

4) Grim Fandango Remastered is now regionally priced also in AU/NZ

5) Kromaia, Marvellous Miss Take, The, Penumbra Collection, The, Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim are now regionally priced only in AU/NZ/BR/GB/RU/UA/UZ

6) Lichdom: Battlemage is now regionally priced also in UA (making UA and UZ identical)

7) Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty - Alf's Escape [DLC], Surgeon Simulator Anniversary Edition [DLC] are no longer regionally priced in GB

8) Retro City Rampage DX is now regionally priced only in AU/NZ/GB/RU/UA/UZ

9) Spacecom is no longer regionally priced in PL/CZ

10) Vanishing of Ethan Carter Collector's Edition upgrade, The [DLC] is now regionally priced only in AU/NZ/GB/PL/CZ/RU/UA/UZ

11) Overall, the USD prices of regionally priced games has slightly increased in AU/NZ/BR/RO/RS/RU/UA/UZ

12) Overall, the USD prices of regionally priced games has significantly increased in DE/CH/CZ/GB/NO/SE/PL

EDIT: My bottom line was incorrect. Deleted.
Attachments:
Post edited May 15, 2015 by mrkgnao
mrkgnao: snip
I wonder if at least some of them are mistakes that will be fixed (like the Darksiders games, which now became cheaper in Europe and significantly cheaper in UK).
Post edited May 15, 2015 by Grargar
Forgive me, everyone, I'm pretty tired - do these changes reflect the fact that the EUR got stronger against the USD?

mrkgnao: From MaGog's logs for 15 May:

Another conversion rate change; another bagload of regional USD price adjustments. See attached file (change jpg to txt) for the gory details.

[...]

13) Bottom line: The trend seems to be that if a game becomes cheaper in Europe compared to US due to regional pricing, the regional pricing is cancelled for it
You mean the FPP is cancelled, yes?
HypersomniacLive: You mean the FPP is cancelled, yes?
Actually, no. For the FPP to have been cancelled, the games would have to remain more expensive than the US prices. What has happened is that the fixed prices for some games are now gone (whether they gave a FPP or not in the first place).
Post edited May 15, 2015 by Grargar