It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lifthrasil: I don't think so. I'll reveal my name when I think it is time to do a full claim. Not now. Especially since I already revealed that my name/alignment/role are similar to one in the previous game, revealing my name now would basically be the same as doing a full claim. Nice attempt at fishing though.

I rather think it is time for you to give some answers. Apparently Quad isn't Masons with you either. First RW, then me, then Quad... who's next on your 'Oh, I definitely meant him' list? And more importantly: what is your point? You made it blatantly clear that you are lying. What you didn't make clear, however, is why you are doing it. And while you're at it, you might as well state your name. In your case that can't do any damage, since you already hard-claimed a role.
kinda feels like this is coming off as no my reveal would give to much information HOWEVER why not reveal yourself?

Hunter65536: Not really convinced but now there is a way to confirm what meda was saying. If we lynch Quadr and he flips Mason we have a confirmed town (meda) and a possible scum. (Lift as per meda's failure to masonize him) Still having multiple day actions just seems weird.
What do the others think? Is this course of action worth considering?
What gets me is the second chance to pick someone else on the same day the first one was chosen.

medamiedo: he's scum regardless
Which one is it. Above statement or the blow statement?

medamiedo: There's no guilty on Lift. I don't know why my shot failed which is why I need him to claim his character name. As far as I know right now there's no relevance to Lift's alignment in my shot having failed.
medamiedo: It does raise an eyebrow yes. I have a day action that makes me confirmed town to anyone I choose, hence masonize.
Does It make you confirmed town to someone or you are confirmed town to someone? Do you both share the same role name? Im wondering if its a mason thing or not something else with a QT.

medamiedo: I'm voting you because your stance is bad and you need to start contributing in a way that isn't just flavor. I like the flavor don't get me wrong but you're not making it easy to sort you here.

Again, I am confirmed town as Quadr can attest so unless you want to start imagining that we're scum together then you should probably start actually sorting the board rather than pushing superficial and nonsense stances like the above.
First, there is literally at least one reason to think about a way to confirm said three spots. That would be to see if someone is lying.

Then, your voting because he has a bad stance. To me he hasn't come out with any major stance. So its hard to see where the bad part is.

**Personal Note: Thank you. I am doing much better today and with some good sleep tonight ill be almost back to normal I hope. =) Having my molar extracted was a killer, nope, never again.***
Lifthrasil: I don't think so. I'll reveal my name when I think it is time to do a full claim. Not now. Especially since I already revealed that my name/alignment/role are similar to one in the previous game, revealing my name now would basically be the same as doing a full claim. Nice attempt at fishing though.

I rather think it is time for you to give some answers. Apparently Quad isn't Masons with you either. First RW, then me, then Quad... who's next on your 'Oh, I definitely meant him' list? And more importantly: what is your point? You made it blatantly clear that you are lying. What you didn't make clear, however, is why you are doing it. And while you're at it, you might as well state your name. In your case that can't do any damage, since you already hard-claimed a role.
Sage103082: kinda feels like this is coming off as no my reveal would give to much information HOWEVER why not reveal yourself?
Yes. It was meant that way. Meda already claimed a role. So adding the name can't hurt. I didn't claim yet, so revealing my name would hurt.

What are your thoughts on Gamma and oldwino?

Hope you recover fully soon!
Vote count please

I think everyone should vote right now on who they think is the scummiest with reasons why so we can see where we're at. We don't need to wait till the deadline to make a decision, all a rushed decision at the last minute does is help scum.
trentonlf: Vote count please

I think everyone should vote right now on who they think is the scummiest with reasons why so we can see where we're at. We don't need to wait till the deadline to make a decision, all a rushed decision at the last minute does is help scum.
I don't think I believe meda or her ability or the fact that she was able to use it mutiple times if it fails. Thought she might make me reconsider but nope that hasn't happened. So yeah this would most likely be my vote for day 1 unless something radical happens.
Vote medamiedo
vote count / votecount / vote-count / VC - 1.04
--------------------------------------------------------

medamiedo - 2 - Sage103082, Hunter65536,
oldwino - 1 - trentonlf,
Lifthrasil - 1 - GammaEmerald,
CSPVG - 1 - medamiedo,

not voting: QuadrAlien, RWarehall, CSPVG, oldwino, Lifthrasil

10 alive takes 6 to LYNCH

- if your vote is not on the player you want it to be, notify me
Post edited August 10, 2017 by drealmer7
I just did a full re-read and have five scum leans, two nulls and two town leans. Nothing is confirmed in my mind, but I have leanings and it's time to get on with soritng scum as best as we can, vote, and then use whatever results we get, right or wrong.

In my previous six games, I usually gave read lists, often to stir things up but I can now see how that might help scum more than town, so no lists from me, not yet. And this game doesn't need any more stirred up right now.

Of my five scum leans, Lift is the strongest, primarily because of Meda's failed masonizing attempt. I suspect Lift is scum with some protective trait which prevented him from being killed by the masonizing attempt, OR maybe is a SK so neither town nor scum conditions apply (can't be masonized because he's not town, not killed by the attempt since he is not scum). I haven';t played with masons or masonizers or SK's before, so I don't know the rules and the wiki wasn't any help with these strange conditions, so I would welcome anyone who is SURE if either or both of these traits would prevent the masonizing AND killing of scum who Meda tried to masonize to explain how this would work, or not work.

I think Lift is posturing about not revealing his name as I am convinced names and roles from the MS game aren't all matched up the same here (any matching is random) and anyone who claims to have the same character and role in this game is claiming a town role for themselves in this game and could easily be lying. His character and role could match, but we have no way of knowing so keeping his character name a secret isn't necessary, maybe is a ploy to distract us.

For now,
VOTE LIFT
drealmer7: vote count / votecount / vote-count / VC - 1.04

medamiedo - 3 - Lifthrasil, Sage103082, Hunter65536,
oldwino - 1 - trentonlf,
CSPVG - 1 - medamiedo,

not voting: QuadrAlien, RWarehall, CSPVG, oldwino,

medamiedo is closest to LYNCh at L-3

Probably got lost in the flow-text of post 110, but I actually unvoted meda.
drealmer7: vote count / votecount / vote-count / VC - 1.04

medamiedo - 3 - Lifthrasil, Sage103082, Hunter65536,
oldwino - 1 - trentonlf,
CSPVG - 1 - medamiedo,

not voting: QuadrAlien, RWarehall, CSPVG, oldwino,

medamiedo is closest to LYNCh at L-3

And I voted LIFT in the post right after your VC, so maybe worth posting a revised VC
Concerning votes / scumreads: since my last reads nothing has happened to change them. Gamma hasn't even appeared yet. I really want an explanation of that vote. At the time, meda's story wasn't supported by Quad yet (quite the contrary) so meda was quite suspicous looking herself. But gamma seemed very eager to take her 'read' at face value. So, until I get an explanation for that:

vote GammaEmerald

oldwino's vote on me makes much more sense, since I can see how from his point of view the failed mazonizing (if he chooses to believe meda) plus my refusal to claim makes me suspicious. Of course those are also very convenient points where scum could latch on to. So his read doesn't make him towny. But it doesn't make him scum either, since at least he is giving sensible sounding explanations for his vote.

one of meda/Quad (preferably meda, since she has already used up her PR shot, if her claim is true) would also still be an acceptable lynch for me. If they are telling the truth, we get one actually confirmed townie. If they are lying, we get two confirmed scum. So this would be a good deal, unless we decide that these two are absolutely trustworthy for some reason - and that decision is difficult without Quad actually contributing. So, again, Quad please stop fuming and resume playing!
Again, it's hard to make a decision based on incomplete facts. Meda and Quad, both of you need to respond. I don't want guesswork.
Quad - You presumably have been given a new chat. With the information you were sent, does anything 100% confirm that Meda must be Town?

Meda - Same question for you. Is there any wiggle-room in your role that Quad could be anything but Town. The exact ability title would be nice if you expect me to make an interpreted decision based on your information. It sounds as if you are claiming the ability is "Masonize" or "Mason recruiter". Is that specifically true?
RWarehall: Again, it's hard to make a decision based on incomplete facts. Meda and Quad, both of you need to respond. I don't want guesswork.
Quad - You presumably have been given a new chat. With the information you were sent, does anything 100% confirm that Meda must be Town?

Meda - Same question for you. Is there any wiggle-room in your role that Quad could be anything but Town. The exact ability title would be nice if you expect me to make an interpreted decision based on your information. It sounds as if you are claiming the ability is "Masonize" or "Mason recruiter". Is that specifically true?
I agree, we're voting without much info and with several players not contributing at all.
Meda and Quad need to explain the roles they were given re: the masonry, confirm if they can be 100% sure the other is town. And Gamma and Sage and maybe some others need to contribute more.

I 'feel bad' voting Lift since he is contributing and his reasoning is sound, but given the scant and strange info we have, and his somehow repelling the masonizing, if that really happened, and his lack of even a theory about why his repelled the masonizing, seems scummy.

Waiting for others to post!!
I'm not dead
Lifthrasil: What do you mean by 'masonize'? Usually Masons know each other at the start of the game. That's the point of that role. Do you mean to imply that you are
1. a Mason-Cult leader, who can invite other players into the Masonry?
2. you have Day-Actions?
3. and more than one attempt per Day at that?

I find that VERY hard to believe and it also raises an eyebrow, that Gamma took your quite unbelievable 'explanation' at face value.

Perhaps next time, before claiming a role, next time you should read up on what the role actually means and how it works: Mason

Of course it is possible that drealmer introduced some role that does not appear on MafiaWiki and called it Mason. But considering that drealmer explicitely stated that this would be a non-bastard game with no exaggerated shenaningans I find a Mason-Cult-Leader with multiple Day-Actions very very unlikely. It is much more likely that you are full of shit, tried some stupid gamble which failed and are scum or other anti-town.
Hunter65536: Well I'm expecting her to say that mod messed up this time and "masonized" Gamma instead of Quad. :P
Well the thing is I've seen similar.
GammaEmerald: Oh. That's actually really cool. Didn't think we'd have a guilty d1, and kinda upset that we're already out of natural voting phase and into lynch the guilty phase. Still pretty fantastic.
Vote: Lifthrasil
medamiedo: ???
There's no guilty on Lift. I don't know why my shot failed which is why I need him to claim his character name. As far as I know right now there's no relevance to Lift's alignment in my shot having failed.
Masons can't recruit mafia?
CSPVG: This young woman's action remind me of a gold miner as passed through these parts some years ago. Say, you know who your paw is, girl? Was his name something like Yog - What was the family surname again? Ah! - Sloth.

As for talkin' like this, why, I wish I could stop. No one likes being as simple as me, hun. When my ma and pa arrived from the old country, they brought a whole lot of things with them; song and stories, and furniture, and signs and items of protection as were supposed to prop them up in this new country and protect 'em from the things that lived in it. Protection musta only extended to them, as I weren't so lucky. You see, when I was nought but a babe, I was visited in my dreams by a great and shaggy purple green blur - somehow, it was supposed to represent some sorta duality, I think. Anyhow, he would loom over me, staring deeply into my eyes, sending all his energies my way. Long story short, he made me this way. I can't help it.

As for the current situation, as I see it, we're in a real pickle and there's nought we can do but follow one of two paths. Vote out meda/Quadr or Lifth. Now, I'm more prone to going for the former than the latter.
Why the former? Why would meda execute such a complicated plan as scum?
medamiedo: Lift, it's 1-shot and no it's not just neighborizer. Scum also may have strongarm; protection should absolutely be on Quadr and me tonight but there's no guarantee that it will actually do any good.

Arguing to lynch between two confirmed town slots is scummy as all get out because it's a self-resolving claim; scum will kill us or the PoE will be brutal for them - as it is there are only 8 slots now and 2, maybe 3 of them are scum.

I think you're probably town for the way you've responded here; I agree that Gamma feels like a lot like scum right now.

Basically disagree that CSPVG feels town at all; I think it's understandable that you might be sympathetic to his perspective but even if you argue that the stance itself isn't scummy, the way that he's gone about arguing it I think pretty clearly is; he's not contributed in any significant way, he hasn't argued why his stance is pro-town or explained his thoughts behind why he believes it to be optimal; feels a lot like opportunism. If you look at the actual substantive content from the slot there are about 6 lines and that's pretty much it; not interesting in letting him continue to fluff his way through the game unchecked.

What's your read on trent?
Not sure if targeting scum wouldn't have expended the shot. Can you ask what would have happened?
Lifthrasil: Concerning votes / scumreads: since my last reads nothing has happened to change them. Gamma hasn't even appeared yet. I really want an explanation of that vote. At the time, meda's story wasn't supported by Quad yet (quite the contrary) so meda was quite suspicous looking herself. But gamma seemed very eager to take her 'read' at face value. So, until I get an explanation for that:

vote GammaEmerald

oldwino's vote on me makes much more sense, since I can see how from his point of view the failed mazonizing (if he chooses to believe meda) plus my refusal to claim makes me suspicious. Of course those are also very convenient points where scum could latch on to. So his read doesn't make him towny. But it doesn't make him scum either, since at least he is giving sensible sounding explanations for his vote.

one of meda/Quad (preferably meda, since she has already used up her PR shot, if her claim is true) would also still be an acceptable lynch for me. If they are telling the truth, we get one actually confirmed townie. If they are lying, we get two confirmed scum. So this would be a good deal, unless we decide that these two are absolutely trustworthy for some reason - and that decision is difficult without Quad actually contributing. So, again, Quad please stop fuming and resume playing!
Masonizer fails on mafia. It failed on you. If you want me to unvote, give a reason why masonizing you would have failed.
Thought I'd already made it abundantly clear that my shot did NOT fail in the sense that it went off, hit a target, was met by some sort of protection/immunity/alignment/whatever; it failed in that I said "I wanna target Lift" and drealmer said "nah you can't sorry I can't explain why hadn't thought of this before but you can't". NOT a guilty. I don't know why I couldn't target him. Not sure how much more plain I can make this.

Yes Quadr and I are confirmed town to each other. No wiggle room. Again. How much more clearly do I have to spell this out. Not sure how people like Hunter are so completely unable to read my actual posts to understand this. It is a self-resolving claim. We are confirmed town; scum know we are confirmed town; they WILL kill us unless they are terrible. Basically done repeating myself here; there's zero town motivation in continuing to make this the discussion point and loads of scum motivation for it so for the love of god, start talking about reads and actually alignment indicative things, please people.

@oldwino it is most certainly pro-town to provide readslist. The notion that giving reads is anti-town because it allows scum to know what your reads are react accordingly is simply ridiculous. You give reads because you want to be transparent and there's basically few better ways to help other people see that you're town by showing them how you're thinking about the game and sorting people.

@trent rather than suggesting that people should vote and give reads... why don't you actually do either of those things?

Quadr

Lift

oldwino
CPSVG

Sage
Hunter
RWare

trent
Gamma

Basically where I'm at right now.

Vote: Gamma

And before you harp on the academic again yes I realize we're not confirmed town to anyone else until one of us flips.
Post edited August 11, 2017 by medamiedo
GammaEmerald: Masons can't recruit mafia?
Right. Masons can't recruit anyone. Only Masonizers or Mason Recruiters can recruit. And if they try to recruit Mafia, they die. So, if you decide to take the Mafiascum rules at face value, the fact that meda still lives "proves" that I'm not scum. But of course normal Masonizers can't recruit during the Day and don't have several shots during one Day. ... So assuming that you know the rules that drealmer applies is a bit unfounded.

But more importantly, you avoided to answer my actual question: why did you choose to believe meda at the point of your vote. By now she has been supported by Quad, yes, and she has delivered some explanations that make her claim look more reasonable. But she hadn't at that moment.

Let me recap: at the moment, when you chose to believe her, she had claimed to have mazonized two people. Both of which contradicted her and stated that they aren't Masons with her. So, we had one person making an outrageous claim (Day-Masonizer with multiple shots during one single Day) , that was contradicted by two other players (Quad and me). And initially meda hadn't even said that she mazonised. She just said 'I am Masons with...' - which was shown to be a false statement. ... And yet you chose to believe her over Quad and me. Without explaining why. That makes you look quite careless, over-eager and scummy.

As for explaining why meda wasn't allowed by drealmer to use her power on me, I can't. And I won't speculate because it would be a bit pointless without knowing the rules that drealmer applies to his version of masonizer and more importantly: I can't speculate about possible reasons connected to my role without actually claiming my role. I'm sure you would love me to give you and other scum more information about my role. But sorry, I won't.

@all:
actually I am less inclined to vote meda by now. Policy lynching one of meda/Quad to confirm the other is of course still on the table, but with meda's added explanations, her role looks a bit less ridiculous. If her first attempt didn't fail as such, but she wasn't allowed to take that attempt and drealmer said 'Oh, there was something I didn't think of. Target someone else please' ... then she actually doesn't have a mutli-shot-in-one-Day power, but her claim is reduced to a One-Shot-Day-Masonizer. Still not a normal role, but better than the 'I can use several shots in one Day' version, that it appeared to be beforehand. So for now I would prefer to lynch the one who looks scummiest by far: Gamma. But I still want Quad to pitch in, since a lot hinges on what his version of the 'masonization' actually is.

QuadrAlien: ...
Quad, you've been gone for 2 days now. Please return!