It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

BTW since I don't have those games, what are those alternative versions which have same filenames? I guess it can also be a nuisance to people who download manually with a web browser because if they download both files, they need to save it either to different places or by different filenames anyway.
If you're having this problem with file clashes you can find my solution here: https://github.com/Kalanyr/gogrepo/tree/working2

Unfortunately it's part of my personal fork of gogrepo. If GOG doesn't fix the issue I'll separate it out and put in a pull request to eddies.

My fork should work like the original except for the following:

If an item is removed from gog, like how Zubmariner was merged into Sunless Sea as DLC, this will automatically update the manifest to remove it when discovered (either through a full update or by specifying the bad entry by ID / name)

Download/Backup/Import support filtering by OS / Language. Note that this causes a change in default behaviour for these: Only the default OS / Language for your system will be effected by these commands if os / language isn't explicitly specified , whiereas before anything in the manifest was fair game. This is only relevant if you keep multiple languages or OS files on your computer. This behavior is the same as update though, so if you use scripts etc just copy the os / language settings over from Update.

You can choose to backup only games or only extras.

Verify has a -clean option. This will cause files that fail verification to be orphaned as if they were cleaned by clean.

Update / Download / Verify has support for -ids / -skipids followed by a space separate list of numeric ids or titles which will download only the specified ids/titles or skip the specified ids/titles respectively, You can mix ids / titles if you wish. For consistency this changes how multiple skipids on download where handled before so it's consistent across everything. You can also use -ids/ -skipids when checking only for updates / new games as well. As part of this I removed the update that caused New games to be recognized as updated because sometimes you want to check stuff you've already got for updates without grabbing new games (if you want to duplicate that behavior just check for updates then for new games separately). The -id option still functions as before for backward compatibility but -ids / skipids will accept single entries so you should use that instead.
Post edited July 03, 2017 by Kalanyr
timppu: BTW since I don't have those games, what are those alternative versions which have same filenames? I guess it can also be a nuisance to people who download manually with a web browser because if they download both files, they need to save it either to different places or by different filenames anyway.
As far as I can tell they are supposed to be identical, both versions are installers but as they have different sizes / md5s there must be something different about it. The size difference seems to small for it to be Galaxy bundling, it might be one is installing a slightly out dated version of the game ?
Kalanyr: As far as I can tell they are supposed to be identical, both versions are installers but as they have different sizes / md5s there must be something different about it. The size difference seems to small for it to be Galaxy bundling, it might be one is installing a slightly out dated version of the game ?
I might be daft but I still don't get it. Why are there two separate links in the game's download page for files which are supposed to be identical (but in reality are not)? Can you give a screenshot of such download page?
Hmmm. My fix for this issue reveals that this is also happening with a handful of games extras, where the same file is part of both goodies and special edition upgrades. The issue is less serious there however as extras generally don't have MD5s and the size for both is exactly the same. I should probably check for that to avoid downloading unnecessary duplicates.

Kalanyr: As far as I can tell they are supposed to be identical, both versions are installers but as they have different sizes / md5s there must be something different about it. The size difference seems to small for it to be Galaxy bundling, it might be one is installing a slightly out dated version of the game ?
timppu: I might be daft but I still don't get it. Why are there two separate links in the game's download page for files which are supposed to be identical (but in reality are not)? Can you give a screenshot of such download page?
Sure.

Hard West has been fixed at some stage, it no longer has duplicates.

Examples of the Bad Stuff:

Reigns
(fixed) GOGRepo Output
[setup_reigns_64_1.25_gog-3_(10889).exe] -- Reigns (Part 1 of 2)
version: 1.25 gog-3
[setup_reigns_32_1.25_gog-3_(10889).exe] -- Reigns (Part 2 of 2)
version: 1.25 gog-3
[setup_reigns_32_1.25_gog-3_(10889)(1).exe] -- Reigns 32-bit version
[gog_reigns_2.1.0.3.sh] -- Reigns
version: 1.25
(Which means that Part 2 of 2 and the 32 bit version in the Screenshot have the same filename, you can see in the screenshot they have different sizes, they also have different MD5S (which you'd hope is the case since a matching MD5 on different file sizes is always a false positive by collision in any case).

Walking Dead Michonne
(fixed) GOGRepo Output
game items.....:

[setup_the_walking_dead_-_michonne_episode_3_(2699).exe] -- The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Miniseries (Part 1 of 6)
version: Episode 3
[setup_the_walking_dead_-_michonne_episode_3_(2699)-1.bin] -- The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Miniseries (Part 2 of 6)
[setup_the_walking_dead_-_michonne_episode_3_(2699)-2.bin] -- The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Miniseries (Part 3 of 6)
[setup_the_walking_dead_-_michonne_episode_3_(2699)(1).exe] -- The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Miniseries (Part 4 of 6)
[setup_the_walking_dead_-_michonne_episode_3_(2699)-1(1).bin] -- The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Miniseries (Part 5 of 6)
[setup_the_walking_dead_-_michonne_episode_3_(2699)-2(1).bin] -- The Walking Dead: Michonne - A Telltale Miniseries (Part 6 of 6)
[patch_the_walking_dead_michonne_2.1.0.4.exe] -- Patch gog-4 (episode 2)
version: (gog-3) -> (gog-4)
[patch_the_walking_dead_michonne_2.2.0.5.exe] -- Patch gog-5 (episode 3)
version: (gog-4) -> (gog-5)

Parts 1-3 and 4-6 have the same file names. In the screenshot it looks like they have the same size , but that's due to rounding, they have different file sizes when expressed in bytes (or even Kilobytes in some cases) , and they of course have different MD5S.

The weird stuff

Shadowgate
This has the same files listed in extras and special edition, but they are zips and have precisely matching sizes and no MD5 and the internal CRC of both is valid so this never caused issues before, I won't bother with a screenshot the matches are exactly what you'd expect where the same name occurs in Goodies and Special Editiion.
(The same thing happens with Gods Will Be Watching, Lords of Xultima, Wasteland 2 (but not the Director's Cut edition where lower version goodies were properly accounted for),

I should probably tinker with my fix and let these through if they have exactly matching file sizes and MD5s , to cut down on wasted space / downloads.
Attachments:
Kalanyr: ...
So does the Michonne installer work at all? Shouldn't it be so that only the first part (1 of 6) should be an .exe file, and the rest five should be .bin files? Now it appears GOG has accidentally duplicated the first three files, meaning the game will not install properly because it is missing the last three (.bin) files, if I understood correctly.

Same with Reigns, part 2 of 2 is simply the wrong file altogether (a duplicate of the 32bit version installer, when it should be some .bin data file).

Have you been able to successfully install either game using those files (no matter how they were downloaded)? What .exe files did you need to run in either case to get a working game installation?

About the Game Goodies duplicate files, would it fix it if the script downloaded all Game Goodies to a separate subfolder within the game folder (e.g. "Goodies" or "Extras")? Or does your workaround do this already?
Post edited July 04, 2017 by timppu
Kalanyr: ...
timppu: So does the Michonne installer work at all? Shouldn't it be so that only the first part (1 of 6) should be an .exe file, and the rest five should be .bin files? Now it appears GOG has accidentally duplicated the first three files, meaning the game will not install properly because it is missing the last three (.bin) files, if I understood correctly.

Same with Reigns, part 2 of 2 is simply the wrong file altogether (a duplicate of the 32bit version installer, when it should be some .bin data file).

Have you been able to successfully install either game using those files (no matter how they were downloaded)? What .exe files did you need to run in either case to get a working game installation?
No, they should work. Parts 1-3 are one exe and bin -1 and -2 , while Part 4-6 are a different set of exe and bin -1 and bin -2 , so both are valid sets.

At least for Reigns both exes work independently.

I can't verify for Michonne right now because I'm still running verify after testing the update / download part of my change, and trying to read >4 GB of installer file while simultaneously having verify read from the same external drive is not something I wish to do. I'll check when Verify finishes but that will likely be about 30 hours from now (the little travel laptop I run these on only has 8GB of RAM , so it's not great at running Verify especially on the huge .sh for Linux ).

(The fixed version names probably won't work without renaming since GOG decided to use -1.bin and -2.bin rather than a sane extension scheme like .bin1 and .bin2 which means that the generic renaming pattern I'm following probably breaks the set, but my main goal was to break the endless cycle.

I might write up a custom parser later to keep the sets together, something like checking of the extension is bin , then finding the right most - and inserting the deduplicate number before that, at some point.
)

Edit - The Game Goodies stuff is currently harmless. All files in that category are identical, so the stomping doesn't do anything, the same file gets its size checked twice and since both sizes are the same it passes. So it doesn't do any harm, it's just weird. I only noticed when my fix spat out a couple of name(1).zips and wondered what was going on.
Post edited July 04, 2017 by Kalanyr
Kalanyr: No, they should work. Parts 1-3 are one exe and bin -1 and -2 , while Part 4-6 are a different set of exe and bin -1 and bin -2 , so both are valid sets.

Ok so for Michonne only the first three installer files are needed, and for Reigns only the first one? And we don't know why there are those duplicate files?

At least the download pages for both games are wrong then, as they suggest Michonne is in six parts (three parts in reality), and Reigns in two parts (when it is only in one). Yeah GOG needs to fix those download pages either way,
Post edited July 04, 2017 by timppu
Kalanyr: No, they should work. Parts 1-3 are one exe and bin -1 and -2 , while Part 4-6 are a different set of exe and bin -1 and bin -2 , so both are valid sets.

timppu: Ok so for Michonne only the first three installer files are needed, and for Reigns only the first one? And we don't know why there are these duplicate files?

At least the download pages for both games are wrong then, as they suggest Michonne is in six parts (three parts in reality), and Reigns in two parts (when it is only in one). Yeah GOG needs to fix those download pages either way,
Michonne and Reigns have different but similar problems.

Michonne is as you said.

Reigns has 64 and 32 bit versions , but the 32 bit version is present as both Part 2 and as a separate download (both with same name but different size / md5) , whereas Part 1 is the 64 bit version.

Unfortunately I have no idea which of the "duplicates" is the correct one. While GOG Galaxy exists it doesn't matter because it will repair the wrong one automatically by updating it. So yeah you only need 1 complete set of them but I have no idea which one that should be.
I've now made an update to the above solution I posted. It now correctly preserves exe+bin set integrity by inserting the copy number before the final "-" for .bin files instead of before the extension (with various sanity checks to make sure it is the set number after it, it reverts to standard windows duplicate numbers if the sanity check fails, in case a game has a bin as an extra (eg a mountable CD Rom image or such)).

It also recognizes if the duplicate is identical and listed twice due to stuff like goodies / special edition overlap and skips adding any duplicates to the manifest in that case.

It's also future proofed and can handle the case if gog sticks a file ending in one of the duplication numbers for some reason.

Edit: I've also made a branch that's exactly the same as the gogrepo master except with the duplicate fix included: it can be found here: https://github.com/Kalanyr/gogrepo/tree/duplicateFileNameFix . I've also made a pull request with this fix to the master so it can be fixed whenever.
Post edited July 04, 2017 by Kalanyr
HOLY HELL!!! I just did an update and download, and a bunch of games that didn't seem to have updates are downloading.... 221 GB of new downloads? WTF happened? Why am I downloading almost a 3rd of my library all of a sudden? It's only been a week since my last update. Did something break on GOG or is it gogrepo?
paladin181: HOLY HELL!!! I just did an update and download, and a bunch of games that didn't seem to have updates are downloading.... 221 GB of new downloads? WTF happened? Why am I downloading almost a 3rd of my library all of a sudden? It's only been a week since my last update. Did something break on GOG or is it gogrepo?
Perhaps it's the Galaxy infested installers?
paladin181: HOLY HELL!!! I just did an update and download, and a bunch of games that didn't seem to have updates are downloading.... 221 GB of new downloads? WTF happened? Why am I downloading almost a 3rd of my library all of a sudden? It's only been a week since my last update. Did something break on GOG or is it gogrepo?
GOG make A LOT OF same-name new installers recently.
They have the same filename but with different filesize and checksum.
That is why gogrepo re-download everything.

I have reported those bugs serveral times (in forum thread only), but GOG just ignore me.
I just do not trust GOG anymore.
GOG has changed a lot of installers in the last week. Many installers were updated to support Chinese as installing language and many installers got Galaxy added.

Since gogrepo is an automated tool that downloads everything that has changed what you are seeing is intended and correct behaviour.
Geralt_of_Rivia: GOG has changed a lot of installers in the last week. Many installers were updated to support Chinese as installing language and many installers got Galaxy added.

Since gogrepo is an automated tool that downloads everything that has changed what you are seeing is intended and correct behaviour.
I thought they weren't going to add Galaxy to the installers? They said that they were going to go a different route. I'm out of storage now...

EDIT: No changelogs represent Galaxy being added.. Where did this information come from? And why isn't there a list published by GOG with the games that are affected?! Jesus this is getting worse and worse.
Post edited July 08, 2017 by paladin181