It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hmm, GOGrepo can't find MD5 data for System Shock 2. I'm guessing this is a problem at GOG's end though.
SirPrimalform: Hmm, GOGrepo can't find MD5 data for System Shock 2. I'm guessing this is a problem at GOG's end though.
It doesn't find the md5 sum for the System Shock 2 patch I think, so it skips it. It still downloads the patch though, but I guess they are skipped if you run a full verification for your GOG games.

Another title where there is some issue with the md5 sums is The Walking Dead Season 1.

All others of my 1115 titles seem to have their md5 ok, I only get the errors on those two games. I guess it is up to GOG, for some reason they don't provide md5 for those files. I'll add the exact errors later here that gogrepo update gives.
Post edited November 07, 2015 by timppu
The dreaded return of the Earth 2140 manual.zip crash:

21:37:51 | verifying earth_2140_trilogy\setup_earth_2140_2.0.0.2.exe...
21:37:54 | verifying earth_2140_trilogy\earth_2140_manual.zip...
21:37:54 | fatal...
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "I:\Games\GOG\gogrepo.py", line 1021, in <module>
main(process_argv(sys.argv))
File "I:\Games\GOG\gogrepo.py", line 1008, in main
cmd_verify(args.gamedir, check_md5, check_filesize, check_zips, args.delete)
File "I:\Games\GOG\gogrepo.py", line 908, in cmd_verify
if not test_zipfile(itm_file):
File "I:\Games\GOG\gogrepo.py", line 240, in test_zipfile
with zipfile.ZipFile(filename, 'r') as f:
File "C:\Python27\lib\zipfile.py", line 770, in __init__
self._RealGetContents()
File "C:\Python27\lib\zipfile.py", line 829, in _RealGetContents
fp.seek(self.start_dir, 0)
IOError: [Errno 22] Invalid argument
The traceback seems to have more 'entries' this time, dunno if there's anything helpful in there. Interestingly, WinRAR says that zip file is absolutely fine. For some reason it frequently crashes the verification script, but it's not actually corrupted.
Post edited November 07, 2015 by SirPrimalform
So these are the only two md5 retrieval errors I get consistently every time with gogrepo update (os windows and lang en):

05:26:00 | ( 909 / 1115) fetching game details for system_shock_2...
05:26:11 | request failed: HTTP Error 404: Not Found. will not retry.
05:26:11 | no md5 data found for patch_system_shock2_2.1.1.20.exe
06:16:00 | (1060 / 1115) fetching game details for walking_dead_season_1_the...
06:16:07 | request failed: HTTP Error 404: Not Found. will not retry.
06:16:07 | no md5 data found for setup_walking_dead_season_1_2.1.0.5.exe
06:16:11 | request failed: HTTP Error 404: Not Found. will not retry.
06:16:11 | no md5 data found for setup_walking_dead_season_1_2.1.0.5-1.bin
06:16:16 | request failed: HTTP Error 404: Not Found. will not retry.
06:16:16 | no md5 data found for patch_walking_dead_season_1_2.1.0.5.exe

So those are the only four exe/bin files for me which seem to miss the md5 data on GOG. Not sure if there are any others (among those couple hundred GOG titles I don't have, or the Mac/Linux or non-English binaries that I don't download).

Those files are downloaded anyway, but I guess their integrity check is skipped when you run gogrepo verify because there is no md5 data to compare it to. Or was it so that the only "integrity" check is to check that the filesize is correct, I think the author has explained this already a few times before.

I'll run verification later to see if I can reproduce your Earth 2140 manual problem. I don't recall seeing it before, but then I haven't run the verification for quite some time.
Post edited November 08, 2015 by timppu
I tried to use gogrepo to verify my folder of downloads that had been downloaded with the GOG Downloader.

For the most part it went fine, but for DLC it's reporting the files as missing (because GOG Downloader puts them into a subfolder for the DLC and not the main game folder).

Is this a difference in behavior between gogrepo & GOG Downloader/Galaxy's downloads, or is this a bug in the verification?

Looking at the download code, I think this is a difference in behavior, but wanted to double-check.
ATimson: I tried to use gogrepo to verify my folder of downloads that had been downloaded with the GOG Downloader.

For the most part it went fine, but for DLC it's reporting the files as missing (because GOG Downloader puts them into a subfolder for the DLC and not the main game folder).

Is this a difference in behavior between gogrepo & GOG Downloader/Galaxy's downloads, or is this a bug in the verification?

Looking at the download code, I think this is a difference in behavior, but wanted to double-check.
gogrepo.py puts everything in the same folder. If you want it to try and recognize/validate them, just move them into the same folder. I may add an option to put into a subfolder in the future. Feel free to open a request on github if you'd like.
I don't think I saw that Earth 2140 manual error that SirPlatform has been reporting. However, I now had a problem with these two files:

setup_system_shock_enhanced_2.1.0.4.exe
patch_witcher3_1.01-1.10_2.0.0.40.exe

Verification would list them as corrupted, with both the md5 sum and the file size being wrong. I tried to check their digital signature but the whole tab was missing from their properties (in Windows), I guess that already indicates they were not downloaded properly.

Anyway, when I performed the download again, they would still be wrong. New download tries would always consider those two files faulty (wrong size, I guess), and try to download them again.

In the end, when I removed those two files manually from my GOG collection and then redownloaded them, after that they seemed to be ok and it wouldn't try to download them again. I didn't yet run another verification for them.

Any idea what went wrong there? If the script redownloads some files, doesn't it remove the original corrupted file first? Why did I need to remove the faulty files first, before trying a redownload?

I ran the script in Linux Mint, and downloading directly to a NTFS-formatted external hard drive.

(Sorry if this issue was clarified earlier already, it is a bit hard to follow some of the error reports in this discussion.)
Post edited November 12, 2015 by timppu
timppu: I don't think I saw that Earth 2140 manual error that SirPlatform has been reporting. However, I now had a problem with these two files:

setup_system_shock_enhanced_2.1.0.4.exe
patch_witcher3_1.01-1.10_2.0.0.40.exe

Verification would list them as corrupted, with both the md5 sum and the file size being wrong. I tried to check their digital signature but the whole tab was missing from their properties (in Windows), I guess that already indicates they were not downloaded properly.

Anyway, when I performed the download again, they would still be wrong. New download tries would always consider those two files faulty (wrong size, I guess), and try to download them again.

In the end, when I removed those two files manually from my GOG collection and then redownloaded them, after that they seemed to be ok and it wouldn't try to download them again. I didn't yet run another verification for them.

Any idea what went wrong there? If the script redownloads some files, doesn't it remove the original corrupted file first? Why did I need to remove the faulty files first, before trying a redownload?

I ran the script in Linux Mint, and downloading directly to a NTFS-formatted external hard drive.

(Sorry if this issue was clarified earlier already, it is a bit hard to follow some of the error reports in this discussion.)
Sounds very much like the problem I was having back here: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gogrepopy_python_script_for_regularly_backing_up_your_purchased_gog_collection_for_full_offline_e/post192

By the way, SirPlatform is my brother. I'm SirPrimalform, the one without the beard. It's ok, people often confuse us.
SirPrimalform: By the way, SirPlatform is my brother. I'm SirPrimalform, the one without the beard. It's ok, people often confuse us.
LOL, sometimes I read too fast.

Yeah i thought someone had had the same issue... not sure if it is about the script, or some kind of filesystem anomaly. Like that my Linux system can't for some reason replace the corrupted file with the new download (because it is on a NTFS partition?), thus only removing the corrupted file before a redownload works.

Anyway, at least I know there is a workaround, also I presume running clean with the delete option would have fixed it as well (deleting the incomplete files, after which a redownload would have worked fine). So not a biggie.
Post edited November 13, 2015 by timppu
woolymethodman: github project / download here:

https://github.com/eddie3/gogrepo
Last commit was from Aug 26th I've been following since then and noticed you've done a lot of work on it...
Will we see an update coming soon with a few of the tweaks you've talked about?

edit: ok its only been 3 months, I cant math. Sidenote i also never knew powershell had tee... That is going fundamentally change my life at work ^_^
Post edited November 21, 2015 by Starkrun
woolymethodman: github project / download here:

https://github.com/eddie3/gogrepo
Starkrun: Last commit was from Aug 26th I've been following since then and noticed you've done a lot of work on it...
Will we see an update coming soon with a few of the tweaks you've talked about?

edit: ok its only been 3 months, I cant math. Sidenote i also never knew powershell had tee... That is going fundamentally change my life at work ^_^
I hope by the end of the month I will finish up and push some changes out. I am totally swamped and don't even have time to game right now :(

Is there any specific feature you're interested in the most?
woolymethodman: Is there any specific feature you're interested in the most?
Come Xmas i'll be spinning up a new SAN and would love the import feature to work right... its supposed to scan then move all good files to a new location... it doesnt work for me, and it seems others aswell.

Thats pretty much it, I did a huge update using Klayners tee script in power shell and it worked like a charm ^_^
Ugh. My prompt just hangs indefinitely when installing the HTML5lib... Frustrating.
EDIT: Pip in general is freezing. Great.. Will TS.
Post edited November 27, 2015 by paladin181
paladin181: Ugh. My prompt just hangs indefinitely when installing the HTML5lib... Frustrating.
EDIT: Pip in general is freezing. Great.. Will TS.
Odd. Firewalled or something? Seems pip has a verbose option -v.. might help see where it's stuck.
woolymethodman: Odd. Firewalled or something? Seems pip has a verbose option -v.. might help see where it's stuck.
How long does it usually take? I've set it, and it just hangs indefinitely, but I've not waited more than 20 minutes.