It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

My last test (last night) was 6 hours and 20 minutes for ~1300 games. But it was over wireless and through a repeater. I'm suspecting it's rather dependent on the server too and maybe the Time of Day. I usually run my updates at about 2 AM Friday my time, which is just after close of business on European Thursday , since that's when GOG tends to do their weekly updates / adds new games. In any case it doesn't seem to be related to GOGRepo or any changes I've made since it's not consistent and doesn't seem to be tied to any changes that can be meaningfully tested.
Kalanyr: My last test (last night) was 6 hours and 20 minutes for ~1300 games. But it was over wireless and through a repeater.
Yeah this is odd, also because I didn't see this kind of variation before. Is GOG testing different kinds of throttling, or does it really just depend on how congested the GOG servers are at the moment? I would have thought Friday evening (EU time) when I ran gogrepo yesterday would be pretty busy time for them, but earlier when it was three times slower (3½ hours), there was a big GOG sale.

I was running it over my wireless cable modem that is not quite optimal, e.g. others in the household might be watching some Youtube video over it at the same time etc. So not sure how much this could also be affected by e.g. ping times?
So I want to download some Linux executable files via the terminal with gogrepo, but I get:

>
> Exception in thread Thread-4:
> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 801, in __bootstrap_inner
> self.run()
> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/threading.py", line 754, in run
> self.__target(*self.__args, **self.__kwargs)
> File "./gogrepo.py", line 915, in worker
> hdr = page.headers['Content-Range'].split()[-1]
> File "/usr/lib/python2.7/rfc822.py", line 393, in __getitem__
> return self.dict[name.lower()]
> KeyError: u'content-range'
>
> Exception in thread Thread-2:
> self.run()

When I put in ./gogrepo.py download in the terminal. What's the issue? Using Linux Mint 18.3 (Cinnamon)
you need to specify that you're downloading linux games. You may have specified it in the creation of your manifest, but all commands default to windows (and with no windows games in your manifest it will kick back the errors) so you need to add the OS argument to make it look at the linux files.
dbzlotrfan: So I want to download some Linux executable files via the terminal with gogrepo, but I get:

>
> self.run()
>
> self.run()

When I put in ./gogrepo.py download in the terminal. What's the issue? Using Linux Mint 18.3 (Cinnamon)
Post edited January 30, 2018 by paladin181
Hmm that shouldn't throw errors like that under that circumstance, I'll fix that up next time I tinker.
dbzlotrfan: So I want to download some Linux executable files via the terminal with gogrepo, but I get:

>
> self.run()
>
> self.run()

I just crosschecked this error message, and your GOGrepo build is way out of date (I think it's probobly wooly's original build or a very early version of my fork, the line number for worker is 700 lines of code off currently and that's to the start of the function, rather than the part of the function it's trying to indicate is the problem ), could I get you to grab the latest version of my fork from here:

https://github.com/Kalanyr/gogrepo

And try the same command set and let me know if the error occurs and what it is if it does please.
Post edited February 02, 2018 by Kalanyr
Got a few weird errors in my latest full update. Don't know if they're normal but I've never seen them before.
23:41:20 | ( 46 / 588) fetching game details for baldurs_gate_2_enhanced_edition...
23:41:52 | request failed: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='cdn-hw.gog.com', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=30) (3 retries left) -- will retry in 5s...
23:42:27 | request failed: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='cdn-hw.gog.com', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=30) (2 retries left) -- will retry in 5s...
23:43:02 | request failed: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='cdn-hw.gog.com', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=30) (1 retries left) -- will retry in 5s...
23:43:37 | error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\python36\lib\site-packages\urllib3\connectionpool.py", line 387, in _make_request
six.raise_from(e, None)
File "<string>", line 2, in raise_from
File "E:\python36\lib\site-packages\urllib3\connectionpool.py", line 383, in _make_request
httplib_response = conn.getresponse()
File "E:\python36\lib\http\client.py", line 1331, in getresponse
response.begin()
File "E:\python36\lib\http\client.py", line 297, in begin
version, status, reason = self._read_status()
File "E:\python36\lib\http\client.py", line 258, in _read_status
line = str(self.fp.readline(_MAXLINE + 1), "iso-8859-1")
File "E:\python36\lib\socket.py", line 586, in readinto
return self._sock.recv_into(b)
File "E:\python36\lib\site-packages\urllib3\contrib\pyopenssl.py", line 294, in recv_into
raise timeout('The read operation timed out')
socket.timeout: The read operation timed out

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "E:\python36\lib\site-packages\requests\adapters.py", line 440, in send
timeout=timeout
File "E:\python36\lib\site-packages\urllib3\connectionpool.py", line 639, in urlopen
_stacktrace=sys.exc_info()[2])
File "E:\python36\lib\site-packages\urllib3\util\retry.py", line 357, in increment
raise six.reraise(type(error), error, _stacktrace)
File "E:\python36\lib\site-packages\urllib3\packages\six.py", line 686, in reraise
raise value
File "E:\python36\lib\site-packages\urllib3\connectionpool.py", line 601, in urlopen
chunked=chunked)
File "E:\python36\lib\site-packages\urllib3\connectionpool.py", line 389, in _make_request
self._raise_timeout(err=e, url=url, timeout_value=read_timeout)
File "E:\python36\lib\site-packages\urllib3\connectionpool.py", line 309, in _raise_timeout
raise ReadTimeoutError(self, url, "Read timed out. (read timeout=%s)" % timeout_value)
urllib3.exceptions.ReadTimeoutError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='cdn-hw.gog.com', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=30)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "G:\Files\GoGRepo\gogrepo.py", line 1204, in cmd_update
filter_downloads(item.downloads, item_json_data['downloads'], lang_list, os_list,updateSession)
File "G:\Files\GoGRepo\gogrepo.py", line 637, in filter_downloads
fetch_file_info(d, True,updateSession)
File "G:\Files\GoGRepo\gogrepo.py", line 594, in fetch_file_info
md5_response = update_request(updateSession,tmp_md5_url)
File "G:\Files\GoGRepo\gogrepo.py", line 215, in update_request
return update_request(session=session,url=url, args=args, byte_range=byte_range, retries=retries-1, delay=HTTP_RETRY_DELAY)
return update_request(session=session,url=url, args=args, byte_range=byte_range, retries=retries-1, delay=HTTP_RETRY_DELAY)
File "G:\Files\GoGRepo\gogrepo.py", line 201, in update_request
response = session.get(url, params=args,stream=stream,timeout=HTTP_TIMEOUT)
File "E:\python36\lib\site-packages\requests\sessions.py", line 521, in get
return self.request('GET', url, **kwargs)
File "E:\python36\lib\site-packages\requests\sessions.py", line 508, in request
resp = self.send(prep, **send_kwargs)
File "E:\python36\lib\site-packages\requests\sessions.py", line 618, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File "E:\python36\lib\site-packages\requests\adapters.py", line 521, in send
raise ReadTimeout(e, request=request)
requests.exceptions.ReadTimeout: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='cdn-hw.gog.com', port=443): Read timed out. (read timeout=30)
So far the past couple of days i have not been able to use gogrepo. Keeps asking me to verify I am logged in, so i deleted everything but the gogrepo.py file and logged in fresh keeps saying 'login failed' It seems like it never passes the login information to gog because i never get the capcha warning or anything just login failed.

06:57:57 | attempting gog login as 'userid' ...
06:58:01 | login failed, verify your username/password and try again.
06:58:01 | exiting...

And yes I know the password is right, i reset it just to be sure

Edit: just to try i reinstalled python thinking maybe that was the problem, no change
Post edited February 04, 2018 by Revan67
Revan67: ...
I just tried moving my existing cookies to another folder and running "python gogrepo.py login". Worked fine for me, not even captcha needed, I got new login cookies.

So at least this doesn't seem to be some widespread issue, unless it is really about captcha in your case?

I'm going to try update next, to see if I see any errors others are reporting...
Revan67: ...
timppu: I just tried moving my existing cookies to another folder and running "python gogrepo.py login". Worked fine for me, not even captcha needed, I got new login cookies.

So at least this doesn't seem to be some widespread issue, unless it is really about captcha in your case?

I'm going to try update next, to see if I see any errors others are reporting...
Yea it is really odd, I didn't have the problem a few days ago and nothing has changed on my system or my account
Revan67: So far the past couple of days i have not been able to use gogrepo. Keeps asking me to verify I am logged in, so i deleted everything but the gogrepo.py file and logged in fresh keeps saying 'login failed' It seems like it never passes the login information to gog because i never get the capcha warning or anything just login failed.

06:57:57 | attempting gog login as 'userid' ...
06:58:01 | login failed, verify your username/password and try again.
06:58:01 | exiting...

And yes I know the password is right, i reset it just to be sure

Edit: just to try i reinstalled python thinking maybe that was the problem, no change
I got a "are you sure you're logged in?" message, but logging in fixed it. I'm guessing that message is for an expired cookie.
paladin181: I got a "are you sure you're logged in?" message, but logging in fixed it. I'm guessing that message is for an expired cookie.
Yea that was the original message I was getting, in my case it never let me log back in. I may just wait a day and that way if its a capcha issue it should go away.
Post edited February 04, 2018 by Revan67
The login window will tell you if it's a reCAPCHA issue. It will specifically state that reCAPCHA has been triggered and you should wait before logging in. It will also tell you if you need to enter a 2FA verification code.
Revan67: Yea that was the original message I was getting, in my case it never let me log back in. I may just wait a day and that way if its a capcha issue it should go away.
Post edited February 04, 2018 by paladin181
paladin181: The login window will tell you if it's a reCAPCHA issue. It will specifically state that reCAPCHA has been triggered and you should wait before logging in. It will also tell you if you need to enter a 2FA verification code.
Revan67: Yea that was the original message I was getting, in my case it never let me log back in. I may just wait a day and that way if its a capcha issue it should go away.
paladin181:
Yea I don't get either of those messages, just says login failed check user id and password
Make sure your login ID is your email address, not your user name.
Revan67: Yea I don't get either of those messages, just says login failed check user id and password
Post edited February 04, 2018 by paladin181