It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
I did get my spreadsheet up to date finally...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fW_hBX_4Ldej4YDIpaSu1357CH3-o0rLUwnXWKLm_bE/edit?usp=sharing

Now with color coding...
Bright yellow = beats or matches the best historical price
Tan = available for less before
Orange = pre-orders/releases extending beyond the summer sale
blotunga: [...] Don't Starve and the DLCs separately, but not don't starve together. [...]
HunchBluntley: Don't Starve Together isn't available here.

Tytus-: What do you mean he left us??
HunchBluntley: He's talking about the user-created GOG search engine, in case you were confused. :)
Sorry, I meant "Don't Starve Alone Pack"
RWarehall: I did get my spreadsheet up to date finally...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1fW_hBX_4Ldej4YDIpaSu1357CH3-o0rLUwnXWKLm_bE/edit?usp=sharing

Now with color coding...
Great work as always RWarehall, cheers (and +1)! :)

Now with color coding...
Massive kudos for this! Awesome and very useful list ;)

Now with color coding...
Thank you very much for this ! ;) (I'm using it regularly for months, and didn't remembered who was the creator, so it's nice to see your post, I finally can thank you !)
Maybe you should add your username and the color code in the notes ? That's only suggestions !
Post edited June 10, 2017 by Splatsch
FragilViper: I have Tharsis game at Steam, but I cannt connect it to GOG
The-Business: Similar issue here with Metrocide, let's just wait for it to get resolved.
Just for the record: I can't gogconnect Tharsis, too.
Really hope this will get fixed soon, as i prefer to play games via GOG.
high rated
blotunga: I really don't like this sales format. It's chaotic. Most picks have the same things. Then some have weird things like Don't Starve and the DLCs separately, but not don't starve together. One I saw with Men of War Assault Squad, a different one with the GoTY version... and most lists togheter cover about 10-20% of all discounted games. I don't even bother to check for games which aren't on the wishlist (but might buy them even so if the price is right), to much of a chore. I wish GOG would have a proper long list with all the games which could be then sorted by discount percentage and maybe some other additional filters like a price range which is more complex than under $5.
I like the website layout and most of the features of the newer promos, but I have to agree with you concerning having 75000 lists of games by various curators etc. which mostly overlap each other with the exact same games. It wastes time to go through so many lists to essentially see the exact same sale items over and over again. For me at least, the random curator's names mean almost nothing to me as I don't know any of them from a hole in the ground, so it is just random lists of some random person's favourite games no different to me than a random forum member.

As a result, I didn't want to wade through how many ever collections are shown just to see if there is anything good as the categorization by "recommender" is useless to me personally, and I have only bought one game in the sale (for someone else as a gift) and got the free Rebel Galaxy.

At the present time there is no easy way for me to navigate the 1500 games on sale in the GOG sale so I probably wont be buying any unless I randomly happen to see one pop up on the front page in eyeshot that I want and like the price of.

Everyone shops differently, but if GOG would like to encourage me personally to spend more money during big sales like I used to do in the past, they need to provide a way to find the games I want to own without having to inconveniently navigate 900 pages of uninteresting stuff. One feature that I've requested previously (along with many other people) that would go a great way to helping me find games on sale that I actually want, is to encourage me to spend whimsically by providing a "sort by price" feature on every page on the site where there is a sort function, and to have it have filters to remove DLC, movies to just see games.

Steam has features like this and it makes it a breeze to navigate one of their sales, go to browse, choose games-only on the right side, sort by price low to high, then skim through N pages that fall within that "MUST BUY AT THIS PRICE OMG!" price range. Then I take a hop over to my wishlist and sort it by price also to see if any wishlisted games are on sale price low to high. Then I buy what I want and the whole adventure takes only a few minutes.

The lack of sorting by price on GOG is a serious detriment to my time. The money is here, it wants to leave my wallet but time is money and while I don't mind parting with the money, I do mind parting with the time. :)

I'm sure they'll implement price sort some time in the future, like maybe in 2024 or something though and I'm a "patientgamer" so I'll sweat it out with my backlog for now. :)

As for the inevitable "You can do that with Magog though...", yeah... I just have no incentive to do so. That's a pull action, I want push - I want it built into the GOG website and easy to use by clicking a single button, not on a 3rd party site I have to go to and muck around to figure out the right syntax to make the right database query and hope I got it right. In other words, just to be clear - I'm not having a problem that I'm seeking helpful answers to find an alternative way to get what I want - I know already what is available. Rather, I am saying the above to inform GOG that they can make their website more user friendly to people like me who want to spend money but want to not have to seek out a needle in a haystack to find what I want - in hopes their developers are listening and taking notes. :)
Cool, thanks. +1
( except for the terrible non-standard date format :P )

EDIT: also, the impossibility to select the "deal quality", because it's only a color and not a column
Post edited June 11, 2017 by phaolo
Wahoo! Bought Renowned Explorers at 60% discount (more importantly, it being under $10) and got 3 free games! Thank God the front page is so unappealing to the eye! Otherwise, I would be browsing more titles and having the urge to whip out my credit card more often.

Edited to add that I opened GOG's front page with a different browser (I use Brave) and it loaded perfectly. Unfortunately this means I will be browsing and most likely spending more money....sigh....
Post edited June 11, 2017 by oninowon
My (probably OCD-natured) concern is that I spend my money on the Summer Sale, but then I may possibly miss out on special discounts for E3. Anyone's advice is much welcomed!
oninowon: Wahoo! Bought Renowned Explorers at 60% discount (more importantly, it being under $10) and got 3 free games! Thank God the front page is so unappealing to the eye! Otherwise, I would be browsing more titles and having the urge to whip out my credit card more often.

Edited to add that I opened GOG's front page with a different browser (I use Brave) and it loaded perfectly. Unfortunately this means I will be browsing and most likely spending more money....sigh....
Was getting the 3 free games a stroke of luck, or is there something about this sale that I'm not aware of?
Post edited June 11, 2017 by Abydosz
high rated
phaolo: Cool, thanks. +1
( except for the terrible non-standard date format :P )

EDIT: also, the impossibility to select the "deal quality", because it's only a color and not a column
Fixed that for you...
Also added a new category and re-arranged it a bit.
Orange = 1st time on sale and/or hasn't been on sale in over a year
Red = All-time new low price
Yellow = Matches best historical price
Tan = On-sale, but has been less in the past.

Post edited June 11, 2017 by RWarehall
phaolo: Btw, the packs are quite useless anyway, because:
- they don't offer any additional discount.
- each Youtuber\magazine had to pick N games among a small selection, so they don't exactly contain the best suggestions.
- some of those personalities are terrible at selecting good games lol.
Yeah, I'm mostly just using my wishlist to check for games I might be interested in, but checking out lists of what other people picked still holds some entertainment value for me :)
Also, not sure if a thousand users have pointed this out already, but while I think the wishlist-tab on the front page is a nice addition, it would be kinda nice if non-discounted games wouldn't show up there. As is, it's not really doing much for me. Bearing in mind my "wishlist" is more of a "oh, shiny!"-sort of list and hence is pretty huge, non-discounted games aren't a priority right now ;)

WildHobgoblin: is there a collection anywhere on the forum I could check out?
Lazarus_03: I don't know if there's any, but here's all that's visible to me:
A belated thank you from me! That's definitely better :)
Anyone know if the Summer Sale artwork from the main page is from a specific game (if this has already been asked before I apologize)? It looks like a Super Mario World-ish world map and neat one at that.
RWarehall: Fixed that for you...
Many thanks : )

(I guess the date will stay M\D\Y, however)
jackster79: Anyone know if the Summer Sale artwork from the main page is from a specific game (if this has already been asked before I apologize)? It looks like a Super Mario World-ish world map and neat one at that.
It’s the artwork for <span class="bold">Adventure on Mystery Island Chapter 3: The Bridge of DOOM</span>

It was in the GOG headlines yesterday.
Post edited June 11, 2017 by 4-vektor