It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Getting sick of SJW's.....send them back to the dark ages....
Gonna repost something I said in another thread and leave it at that for right now. About to get some more sleep.. didn't sleep well last night but wanted to get this out and be done:

Since this is still going on ( I said all I could for a while and then left to try to do other stuff and go have our Friday horror movie night with some friends as usual ) I'd like to suggest action instead of just arguing with people on the forums that are more than likely just hanging around these threads just to argue and try to make those concerned to be completely out of it.

Actions are louder than the same words over and over on a topic and in some ways chasing some folks off from posting thoughts and concerns about when a new game is introduced to the site and needs something fixed... or just want to express their happiness for the game coming to the site.

The threads are just giving ammo. If you don't agree with something, send e-mails and comments when on social media. This isn't meant to drag people in to choose sides.

When we start seeing other signs like GOG blocking people and such, we'll know just what stage this is at and where to go from there. Right now there isn't anything quite illegal ( shitty, but not illegal ) happening.
tremere110: Well, the Gamergate news thread continued in the forums from 2014 until 2017. Had a mod not locked it - it would still be active today. Two days means very little.
True. I see that now, but it did not cross my mind to compare the two initially.

Yeshu: "The ability to ignore a forum thread is beyond me! I must keep writing!" ;P
Touche! :P.

For the record I just wanted to point out that sometimes it's worth agreeing to disagree than keeping a discussion going on for days and getting riled up about other people's opinions. Not that you don't have the right to be angry about this, and I've seen some constructive criticism here (among other things...), so I'm not saying there's no value in having this thread either.

Consider this though: you get angry/upset about how GOG handled things, spend x days posting here, debating how they should have done it, what they should do from now on, contradicting any people that say otherwise, downrepping and so on. X days later this thread has grown to 300 pages of posts, your foot is an inch deeper into the inevitable grave, and you've spent less time on this earth than you could have with friends and family, experiencing fewer things than you could have, playing fewer games than you could have.

Now I'll really leave you to it, and believe me I've learned my lesson and will ignore this thread and other similar threads in the future ;). It's well within my ability, I'm just an idiot sometimes.
Post edited July 21, 2018 by WinterSnowfall
MarkoH01: So if we agree on this and since I guess it's highly unlikely that GOG would get rid of Witcher 3 and Galaxy it should be clear that some moderation now and then is a good thing.
Arundir: Now and then swift action, yes. That was the case back then also. Not somebody running around using ducktape and threats. As somebody said earlier do not just delete the threads, often you have people in there who are actually having a discussion apart from the few who are going apeshit. A bartender does not throw out all his customers because two people were beating each other up.
Here we do agree (and I said this in another thread myself): It is one thing to edit posts or say something to the people who have posted those, Deleting a thread however should be the last option and only be done if the thread itself consists almost only out of insults and such. It's necessary to not delete threads if possible because there might be some useful arguments in it as well. Locking threads might often be the only way to stop a discussion that has gone completely out of control so I am fine with this. It's only the deleting I am sceptical about.
tremere110: Well, the Gamergate news thread continued in the forums from 2014 until 2017. Had a mod not locked it - it would still be active today. Two days means very little.
WinterSnowfall: True. I see that now, but it did not cross my mind to compare the two initially.

Yeshu: "The ability to ignore a forum thread is beyond me! I must keep writing!" ;P
WinterSnowfall: Touche! :P.

For the record I just wanted to point out that sometimes it's worth agreeing to disagree than keeping a discussion going on for days and getting riled up about other people's opinions. Not that you don't have the right to be angry about this, and I've seen some constructive criticism here (among other things...), so I'm not saying there's no value in having this thread either.

Consider this though: you get angry/upset about how GOG handled things, spend x days posting here, debating how they should have done it, what they should do from now on, contradicting any people that say otherwise, downrepping and so on. X days later this thread has grown to 300 pages of posts, your foot is an inch deeper into the inevitable grave, and you've spent less time on this earth than you could have with friends and family, experiencing fewer things than you could have, playing fewer games than you could have.

Now I'll really leave you to it, and believe me I've learned my lesson and will ignore this thread and other similar threads in the future ;). It's well within my ability, I'm just an idiot sometimes.
Do your best :)
high rated
K it's been 2 days, pretty much amount of time it took for konrad to grovel among facists, remove the gif and insult gamers supporting gamergate.

Given there's no response I believe it's clear there's no intention to fix the problem, as such I'll be assuming this is official gog & cdpr stance.

There's no point deluding oneself anymore.
Arinielle: *snip*
Realtalk, thats an outstanding comment even if its quite neutral. Really hits home why I stay out of threads like these. All these drama threads add to is polemical discourse that simply exist to divide people into certain groups. Even stuff like downvoting comments exist simply to add fuel to the fire and to alienate opposing groups even further.

If people would follow what you've written there the world would be a better place. Instead of perpetuating this sort of toxic discourse that only exist to alienate, it would be so much better for any group to directly contact said companies in support or opposition. Not only that but to think that there are people on here argueing that they're not political is simply nonsense. This entire thread is a political statement and thus is every participant in it.

I used to joke about putting online groups into a coloseum and watch the action oldstyle but to be honest all that would do is to make these groups realize how silly and toxic this perpetuation of "discourse" actually is if its taken to such extremes. You already know its bad if even the more neutral commenteers seem to be fed up by how some people are seemingly asking to be tossed out here.

Personally I have nothing to add because everything already got said like half a dozend times in one way or the other in this thread though its disheartening to see VG247 pulling support. I'm very optimistic that its only temporary however after things settle down a bit.
Post edited July 21, 2018 by Dray2k
high rated
is this
https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/07/gog-com-apologizes-to-sjws-for-tweet-after-being-threatened-by-game-journalists/64315/
a joke
never ever apologize to sjw - when will you learn?
low rated
I was gone for two days and there's already 20 pages? Funny to see SJW butthurt in full both on twitter and on this forum. Do you fucks never understand the concept of taking a joke?
low rated
Shadowstalker16: I was gone for two days and there's already 20 pages? Funny to see SJW butthurt in full both on twitter and on this forum. Do you fucks never understand the concept of taking a joke?
It's funny that you think those 20 pages are SJW butthurt. If you skim through you'll see it's actually page after page of broflake raiders crying about a tweet being deleted.
high rated
Shadowstalker16: I was gone for two days and there's already 20 pages? Funny to see SJW butthurt in full both on twitter and on this forum. Do you fucks never understand the concept of taking a joke?
PoppyAppletree: It's funny that you think those 20 pages are SJW butthurt. If you skim through you'll see it's actually page after page of broflake raiders crying about a tweet being deleted.
Honestly it was mostly discussion, if anything you were only one crying and trying to provoke people, well at least from what I saw since most of your posts were downvoted to hell, at later point i didn't even bother unhiding them since they were all the same.
Post edited July 21, 2018 by ashtonx
high rated
PoppyAppletree: It's funny that you think those 20 pages are SJW butthurt. If you skim through you'll see it's actually page after page of broflake raiders crying about a tweet being deleted.
And people virtue signaling how they are above all this, while writing comment after comment how people should shut up.
It's the reverse here dude. People are disappointed that GOG bowed down to a game journalist hit peace that was a big pile of lies how there (GOG's) Twitter post was supporting minority abuse (which it wasn't).
Post edited July 21, 2018 by Yeshu
low rated
ashtonx: Honestly it was mostly discussion, if anything you were only one crying and trying to provoke people, well at least from what I saw since most of your posts were downvoted to hell, at later point i didn't even bother unhiding them since they were all the same.
If you say so. Given that you and your raiding buddies downvoted all of the GOG regulars and upvoted anything you see as "pro-GG" I wouldn't call that much of a discussion. It's pretty obvious that you aren't here to have a conversation.
high rated
ashtonx: Honestly it was mostly discussion, if anything you were only one crying and trying to provoke people, well at least from what I saw since most of your posts were downvoted to hell, at later point i didn't even bother unhiding them since they were all the same.
PoppyAppletree: If you say so. Given that you and your raiding buddies downvoted all of the GOG regulars and upvoted anything you see as "pro-GG" I wouldn't call that much of a discussion. It's pretty obvious that you aren't here to have a conversation.
You are the one who seams to no want have a discussion as most of your comment are belittling statements and calling other people "broflakes".
high rated
PoppyAppletree: If you say so. Given that you and your raiding buddies downvoted all of the GOG regulars and upvoted anything you see as "pro-GG" I wouldn't call that much of a discussion. It's pretty obvious that you aren't here to have a conversation.
These forums are not your little circlejerk, generally theres no reason to browse these forums because GOG is usually a good service with very little to complain about. Not much to discuss when everything runs smoothly. But when they do make a major mistake, people who use GOG can reasonably get concerned and provide feedback in GOGs own forums.

And I'm sure these forums were primarily meant for feedback, not for you and your buttbuddies to masturbate each other how "regulars" and "elite" you are. Also its pretty funny that you make fun of people complaining about this "caring too much", when you're one of the primary posters in every single thread about the subject. You seem to care an awful lot about this issue.

And it turns out GOGs PR-rep went to apologize to Resetera of all places, so at least we can now pinpoint who to blame for this screw-up.