It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Linko90:
WinterSnowfall: I think some people want to be punished
I TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM MY DIARY!!!
low rated
Breja: At this point I think this forum needs to shut down already.
Lord_Kane: LETS SHUT EVERYTHING DOWN.
SHUT IT ALL DOWN.
I didn't realise you were the President of Madagascar.
high rated
sigh that feeling when notch takes pot shots at you ....

https://twitter.com/notch

we have become a mockery and stuck in a fight that gog brought upon itself and failed to get out properly .....

@linko90 it will take some time for the users here to settle down into forum moderation , it did not exist before so we are all used to going at things full force, be aware that some users do deliberately try to bait others into lashing out hard.
Post edited July 20, 2018 by liquidsnakehpks
high rated
WinterSnowfall: Ok, we get it... GOG did not handle this well, you're all upset about it. What now? Should they apologize to you about the original apology? Do you think that won't make other people go ballistic?

And last but not least: wouldn't it be more productive to just stop this nonsense and enjoy life for a bit, give GOG some time to reflect on what they did or did not do properly?
I can only speak for myself, but I don't want an apology. I want GoG to be less ignorant and cowardly in the future.
In regards to being productive, giving a service you use or desire to use feedback on how you feel about their PR decisions is productive. Also, I should point out that just because people aren't always happy with decisions taken doesn't automatically mean that they are unhappy in general and not enjoying life.
Post edited July 20, 2018 by takamina
low rated
tinyE: I TOLD YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM MY DAIRY!!!
Yeah, I hope you don't mind - I got up a little early so I took the liberty of milking your cow for you.
low rated
tinyE: does anyone have the Cliff Notes for that? :P
Oh god there was a tweet and now there isn't a tweet oh god god oh god we're all gonna die
high rated
WinterSnowfall: Ok, we get it... GOG did not handle this well, you're all upset about it. What now? Should they apologize to you about the original apology?
"We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked"

Do you think that won't make other people go ballistic?
I know they're in a tough spot (though they kind of put themselves there), but on the other hand I'd just like a reason to keep spending my money here. Why should I do that, if they choose to side with people that insult me?

If they want a compromise solution (and a good compromise is one where no one is happy), just delete all mentions of this entire affair (well, maybe except for this thread, it's fun), including the stuff written by their employee who went to resetera, and for the love of everything that's holy, keep him on a leash in the future.
low rated
takamina: Also, I should point out that just because people aren't always happy with decisions taken doesn't automatically mean that they are unhappy in general and not enjoying life.
Never quite said that. However, keeping this thread going for about 2 days now is a bit too much if you ask me... just my 2 cents.
takamina: In regards to being productive, giving a service you use or desire to use feedback on how you feel about their PR decisions is productive.
I think your point has come in clear and loud by now.
Dalthnock: Psst, lean closer, I wanna tell you a secret.

If the reason for GOG's abject grovelling at the feet of game journalists was fear those journalists would make the store look bad in front of *potential* customers, then GOG has absolutely nothing to worry about.

You guys are doing a damn fine job of it in front of *existing* customers. :)
Lord_Kane: While being smug as fuck, I find myself sorta agreeing with you on this.
Thank you. :)
low rated
Breja: Oh god there was a tweet and now there isn't a tweet oh god god oh god we're all gonna die
Go away, you're upsetting the upset people! :P
ivanivanov123: keep him on a leash
Out of several threads spanning many pages, with people on both sides going "full retard", this is really the only sensible and constructive thing that has been said.
Lord_Kane: While being smug as fuck, I find myself sorta agreeing with you on this.
Dalthnock: Thank you. :)
Sorta, but not completely, just remember that man.
:) been a while!
WinterSnowfall: Ok, we get it... GOG did not handle this well, you're all upset about it. What now? Should they apologize to you about the original apology?
ivanivanov123: "We apologise again for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible for sacking the people who have just been sacked have been sacked"

Do you think that won't make other people go ballistic?
ivanivanov123: I know they're in a tough spot (though they kind of put themselves there), but on the other hand I'd just like a reason to keep spending my money here. Why should I do that, if they choose to side with people that insult me?

If they want a compromise solution (and a good compromise is one where no one is happy), just delete all mentions of this entire affair (well, maybe except for this thread, it's fun), including the stuff written by their employee who went to resetera, and for the love of everything that's holy, keep him on a leash in the future.
do you have a link to the resetra posts?
Post edited July 20, 2018 by Lord_Kane
WinterSnowfall: Never quite said that. However, keeping this thread going for about 2 days now is a bit too much if you ask me... just my 2 cents.
Does it ultimately matter how long it takes for people to get bored of the discussion? 2 days is nothing and I honestly can't see your point.
Actually, if this discussion completely died down in as few as 2 days, I'd hazard that people didn't really care about it at all.
high rated
tinyE: does anyone have the Cliff Notes for that? :P
Paragraph 1: The left is acting like the right used to.

Paragraph 2: Whomever is currently accusing the other side of hate is most likely just projecting their own.

Paragraph 3: The journalists are the most guilty of the above.

Paragraph 4: GoG is terrified of the accusations being made against them.

Paragraph 5: You reap what you sow.

Paragraph 6: Money speaks the loudest.

Paragraph 7: Apologies will never be enough.

Paragraph 8: No GoG is an island, a GoG divided can not stand.
Arundir: Yeah that started as I said at the time of the release of Galaxy and later Witcher 3, I recognized that too.
MarkoH01: So if we agree on this and since I guess it's highly unlikely that GOG would get rid of Witcher 3 and Galaxy it should be clear that some moderation now and then is a good thing.
Now and then swift action, yes. That was the case back then also. Not somebody running around using duct tape and threats. As somebody said earlier do not just delete the threads, often you have people in there who are actually having a discussion apart from the few who are going apeshit. A bartender does not throw out all his customers because two people were beating each other up.
Post edited July 21, 2018 by Arundir