It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Step up your game GOG. If you don't value your integrity, then you don't value my money. Why should I support someone who disrespect me and shows nothing but contempt for gaming?
KajQrd: I do like me some SJW... A Steak with Jelly and Wild rice...
tinyE: okay not this post, though the Wild Rice is a stretch. :P
It was either that or raw Wheat... And being a diabetic wild rice is most def better than wheat...
low rated
Telika: The reality is that, whatever its origin, this "journalism ethics" movement has drawned itself in a very specific, unrelated current, with very strong and polarizing identity markers. Hence the irredeemable shift of signification.
Megabyte: Funny thing happens when the issue of malcontent is the very people who's job is to tell the news but are really just spinning narrative... they tend to make a narrative to cover themselves. This is why Gamergate was doomed in the PR arena before it even really started, and why when a media site (regardless of what they cover) is the topic of controversy they are a LOUSY source on it.
Except that, frankly, my image of the gamergate current comes mostly from the gamergate advocates in their many gog threads, and oh boy.
high rated
I really love GOG from a customers perspective, but even I feel they have forsaken something really important, in this. I understand if you're about games, it's best to stay off politics. Avoid politics like the plague. To me, Gamergate is something meaningful. Useful. And well meant. Manipulative press took it hostage, and into a stranglehold so quickly, painted it as something so terrifying and horrific that it's no wonder, tweets get removed in sheer Angst, still.

People looking from the outside in, will hardly find anything good to see, under that thick plaster of horror, now. Most of the negative press was manipulatively constructed around the mistakes that actually had been made in it's name.

Anyway. GoG might learn something.
high rated
Gog, I've been with you since day 1. I have almost completed your catalog of classic games. You amazed me by changing the industry giving me the chance to play classic games again.

However. This is the first and probably only time I will post. Don't ever, EVER go on your knee's like that again. I'm really, really dissapointed and promise that if you pull that again I'm out and will never look back. Polygon and kotaku can kindly go you know what themselves, gaming media mafia is a cancer and I can't tolerate a company going on it's knee's like this to the likes of those types.
Post edited July 20, 2018 by zeckt
Arinielle: ...
Thank you. Much appreciated. And no it wasn't too much at all.
low rated
There is now a long thread on gOg, because someone got offended over an apology
high rated
amok: There is now a long thread on gOg, because someone got offended over an apology
It's been said a lot of times already. If they left it at an apology it would've been fine - It's the part where they called people abusers people have a problem with.
low rated
amok: There is now a long thread on gOg, because someone got offended over an apology
ivanivanov123: It's been said a lot of times already. If they left it at an apology it would've been fine - It's the part where they called people abusers people have a problem with.
off course it isn't. The result would be the same if gOg deleted the gif and then said "sorry, we should not have done that" in response to the critique they got. people would still complain that gOg "bows down to SJWs!!11!!!1" - thinking anything else is delusional.
amok: off course it isn't. The result would be the same if gOg deleted the gif and then said "sorry, we should not have done that" in response to the critique they got. people would still complain that gOg "bows down to SJWs!!11!!!1" - thinking anything else is delusional.
Well, I can only say what I had a problem with, but apparently you have the ability to know my thoughts better then I do.
ivanivanov123: It's been said a lot of times already. If they left it at an apology it would've been fine - It's the part where they called people abusers people have a problem with.
amok: off course it isn't. The result would be the same if gOg deleted the gif and then said "sorry, we should not have done that" in response to the critique they got. people would still complain that gOg "bows down to SJWs!!11!!!1" - thinking anything else is delusional.
It'd be among minority, like very small numbers who would prolly be shunned by gg itself. But most people would ignore it, maybe be disappointed but forget about it quickly the fact gog stayed out of this bs gave them a lot of respect on gg side. This however will stay as a stain on cdpr rep.
No, we really would not of. I take offense they sided with the sj police and called everyone outside of that spectrum abusers rather then just taking a neutral stance on the apology. They picked a side, so now they have to deal with it. There are now several retailers I will give my money to first rather then Gog, which hates gamers. Gog, if you hate your customers get the hell out of the industry.
Post edited July 20, 2018 by zeckt
low rated
zeckt: No, we really would not of. I take offense they sided with the sj police and called everyone outside of that spectrum abusers rather then just taking a neutral stance on the apology. They picked a side, so now they have to deal with it. There are now several retailers I will give my money to first rather then Gog, which hates gamers. Gog, if you hate your customers get the hell out of the industry.
what about SJW's who ARE gamers?
low rated
I see that you know their behavior patterns too.
zeckt: No, we really would not of. I take offense they sided with the sj police and called everyone outside of that spectrum abusers rather then just taking a neutral stance on the apology. They picked a side, so now they have to deal with it. There are now several retailers I will give my money to first rather then Gog, which hates gamers. Gog, if you hate your customers get the hell out of the industry.
amok: what about SJW's who ARE gamers?
That's a contradiction in many ways. If someone is a sjw in gaming, they're typically more concerned with arbitrary things like representation and diversity in games instead of the quality of the games themselves. If someone is a sjw in other aspects but keeps it out of gaming, I wouldn't consider them an sjw in the context of gaming, and could accept that they are a gamer. However I don't know of any sjws that don't try to apply their insanity towards literally everything, and I'm not sure you can be a gamer AND a sjw at the same time. You can be a sjw that plays games, but that's not the same thing.