It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JudasIscariot: OK NOW the latest test data shows up :D Took 'em 3 days to approve it this time :P
Nice! Next time flash that badge of yours to speed up the process.
JudasIscariot: OK NOW the latest test data shows up :D Took 'em 3 days to approve it this time :P
Where's mah screenshot?
Gydion: Where's mah screenshot?
You can submit one if you like, the AppDB is open to all :P
JudasIscariot: You can submit one if you like, the AppDB is open to all :P
Sure, but you are on a roll. Not to mention I don't currently have an account there. I have a number of hours in the game now and still only the one crash on quitting the game with that XAUDIO patch applied. :)
Just want to say Linux is awesome and I only buy Windows games if they work on wine. But I much prefer Linux native as I don't have the option of running a Windows game that doesn't work with Wine, due to me not having Windows - I live in a bunker! (Of Linux security)
v3: Either I'm looking at the wrong page or your newly submitted test is not listed. There's only the previous entry from more than two weeks ago.
Sigh. Tried it with wine-staging 1.7.53 (which I assume includes the patches from the trunk 1.7.53 build?) -- the game still quits on launch with some sort of audio related error message (I'm assuming the XAudio bug referred to earlier). I'll wait until the main 1.7.53 trunk build hits the Wineskin engine server before I try again.

Oh well. At least Chantelise, Recettear and Rites of War work flawlessly for me in WINE, so I'm not too hard up for new releases to play.
rampancy: Sigh. Tried it with wine-staging 1.7.53 (which I assume includes the patches from the trunk 1.7.53 build?) -- the game still quits on launch with some sort of audio related error message (I'm assuming the XAudio bug referred to earlier). I'll wait until the main 1.7.53 trunk build hits the Wineskin engine server before I try again.

Oh well. At least Chantelise, Recettear and Rites of War work flawlessly for me in WINE, so I'm not too hard up for new releases to play.
I don't think that XAUDIO patch has been submitted so it might not be included. Not sure how that all works, to be honest.

The patch in question: https://bugs.winehq.org/attachment.cgi?id=52610
Post edited October 27, 2015 by JudasIscariot
rampancy: Sigh. Tried it with wine-staging 1.7.53 (which I assume includes the patches from the trunk 1.7.53 build?) -- the game still quits on launch with some sort of audio related error message (I'm assuming the XAudio bug referred to earlier). I'll wait until the main 1.7.53 trunk build hits the Wineskin engine server before I try again.
As Judas mentioned that patch hasn't been accepted yet. I don't know what ticket it's attached to, but it may even be considered a workaround & not a proper patch. Game typically crashed before I could even click new game before applying it and has only crashed once, while quitting the game, with over 13 hours of play. It's a tiny 2-line patch. Try it.
Gydion: As Judas mentioned that patch hasn't been accepted yet. I don't know what ticket it's attached to, but it may even be considered a workaround & not a proper patch. Game typically crashed before I could even click new game before applying it and has only crashed once, while quitting the game, with over 13 hours of play. It's a tiny 2-line patch. Try it.
Actually, I was wrong.

It has been committed here: http://source.winehq.org/git/wine.git/commit/998e5a0432b10fe88452baebba249efb1471d968
Oooh, nice. Recompiling now. That was just a few days ago though. Looks like 1.7.53 wine-staging was pushed out on the 20th, day before the patch was authored. I also didn't notice any related commits to wine-staging since the 5th.
Are there some Winehq stats?
Like for example: tot tested games\progs 1000, 100 platinum, 200 gold, 300 bronze, 400 garbage.
Gydion: Oooh, nice. Recompiling now. That was just a few days ago though. Looks like 1.7.53 wine-staging was pushed out on the 20th, day before the patch was authored. I also didn't notice any related commits to wine-staging since the 5th.
Like I said, I have no idea how this all works but it looks like it's mostly for the GIT version of Wine?? I just use the source code and patch that...much eisier for me :P
phaolo: Are there some Winehq stats?
Like for example: tot tested games\progs 1000, 100 platinum, 200 gold, 300 bronze, 400 garbage.
You can try browsing the apps to get a glimpse of that.

https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=application&sTitle=Browse%20Applications&sOrderBy=appName&bAscending=true

There's a bunch of filtering options and all :)
Post edited October 27, 2015 by JudasIscariot
phaolo: Are there some Winehq stats?
JudasIscariot: You can try browsing the apps to get a glimpse of that.
It's not great, but ok thanks.

Retail games (5101?):
- platinum --- 1249 --- 24,5%
- gold --------- 1270 --- 24,9%
- silver -------- 917 ---- 18%
- bronze ----- 668 ---- 13,1%
- garbage ---- 997 ---- 19,5%

So some 2500 games seem to work fine (50%).
But what about Gog versions?
What about only good indies or famous AAAs?
What hardware was used for the tests?

Programs:
- too long with those filters :\
Post edited October 27, 2015 by phaolo
JudasIscariot: You can try browsing the apps to get a glimpse of that.
phaolo: It's not great, but ok thanks.

Retail games (5101?):
- platinum --- 1249 --- 24,5%
- gold --------- 1270 --- 24,9%
- silver -------- 917 ---- 18%
- bronze ----- 668 ---- 13,1%
- garbage ---- 997 ---- 19,5%

So some 2500 games seem to work fine (50%).
But what about Gog versions?
What about only good indies or famous AAAs?
What hardware was used for the tests?

Programs:
- too long with those filters :\
Best I can do, honestly.
JudasIscariot: Like I said, I have no idea how this all works but it looks like it's mostly for the GIT version of Wine??
No, that's . o___0 It's in the [url=https://github.com/wine-compholio/wine-staging]Wine Staging README:

What is Wine Staging?

Wine Staging is the testing area of winehq.org. It contains bug fixes and features, which have not been integrated into the development branch yet. The idea of Wine Staging is to provide experimental features faster to end users and to give developers the possibility to discuss and improve their patches before they are integrated into the main branch.
That patch as simple enough that it was pushed directly to Wine.
JudasIscariot: I just use the source code and patch that...much eisier for me :P
As did I using git to obtain the code. I was just a day early from having the patch already implemented.
Post edited October 27, 2015 by Gydion