It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Gersen: saying it's not a real thing is like saying that "geek" isn't even a real thing because peoples have different opinion when it comes to hobbies and don't all react the same way.
There is a difference. People self identify as geeks, I'm not aware of anyone who seriously self identifies as a SJW (I'm fairly certain TinyE is taking the piss there).
teceem: And I'm trying not to. I like my politics DRM free... and thus... offline! :-P
Surprise! Joylessness wins! ;D
Post edited March 07, 2019 by SirPrimalform
low rated
SPTX: What was that about me losing an argument because I said you were in an echochamber?
It's funny, because I gave actual arguments (reviews/potential sales) but you didn't even address them. Please tell me more about how wrong I am.
You brought up that the wishlist was at 700 people... which someone else countered pretty well so I didn't feel the need to do so.

I don't remember seeing a review you brought up unless you're talking about the youtube link that I didn't click on cause it won't work for me right now. But it's a single review, I could counter that with any number of poor reviews it received. It doesn't prove your point. It's sitting at 60 on Steam right now, which usually is a sign of a pretty bad game.

Like I said before... I don't care about the game. You obviously do, and that's great. But GoG has refused to release for better reviewed games than this one and no one cried political interference for those. You have zero proof of what you claim... and again, and more importantly, you're arguing something that isn't even relevant to the core topic of the thread. I don't know how to make it more clear to you.... you just seem incapable of understanding for some reason.
Linko64: This thread needs a
A random bald guy? I don't think that will help.
SirPrimalform: Surprise! Joystickless wins! ;D
You're not dragging me into this PC vs Console debate either!
Linko64: This thread needs a
Breja: A random bald guy? I don't think that will help.
Though Cpt Picard would make it so!
Post edited March 07, 2019 by teceem
low rated
teceem: You're not dragging me into this PC vs Console debate either!
Sorry jaded wanderer.
SirPrimalform: On a basic level conservative social values are broadly about tradition and tend to reject change. All I'm trying to say is that calling a conservative worldview limited, as surfersurfer did, is not discriminatory but merely descriptive.
Conservative values have been predominantly about changing the standard economic models since the 80s. They tend to be conservative in the sense that you mean it for social issues, that much is true, but they have been massively disruptive in almost all other areas of government. Even at a grassroots level their watchword would be change, they very much have been pushing for massive changes to economic, financial and tax policy for years. They've also been pushing for massive changes to law and order policy.

I didn't think you were being discriminatory at all. I would agree with your description of conservatism being about reducing the amount of political change if we were to set the benchmark that they want to prevent movement beyond somewhere in the gilded age. That would be an appropriate description. But it doesn't fit with much passed that.
LOL.

What even is this Thread? XD
low rated
SPTX: What was that about me losing an argument because I said you were in an echochamber?
It's funny, because I gave actual arguments (reviews/potential sales) but you didn't even address them. Please tell me more about how wrong I am.
firstpastthepost: You brought up that the wishlist was at 700 people... which someone else countered pretty well
What? Who? Where?

firstpastthepost: I don't remember seeing a review you brought up unless you're talking about the youtube link that I didn't click on cause it won't work for me right now. But it's a single review, I could counter that with any number of poor reviews it received. It doesn't prove your point. It's sitting at 60 on Steam right now, which usually is a sign of a pretty bad game.

Like I said before... I don't care about the game. You obviously do, and that's great. But GoG has refused to release for better reviewed games than this one and no one cried political interference for those. You have zero proof of what you claim... and again, and more importantly, you're arguing something that isn't even relevant to the core topic of the thread. I don't know how to make it more clear to you.... you just seem incapable of understanding for some reason.
I didn't bring up a review, and my whole point about reviews was actually countering the argument you just tried to make. My point being potential buyers are way over the wishlist number because this and the forum are used only by a tiny fraction of the customer base, that having a whishlist with a decent promise of potential buyers makes the bad reviews moot and that anyway, gog sold poorly reviewed games regardless. So it can't be an excuse.

firstpastthepost: You have zero proof of what you claim
What did I claim? I've only made hypothesis and debunked fallacious explanations.
firstpastthepost: Conservative values have been predominantly about changing the standard economic models since the 80s. They tend to be conservative in the sense that you mean it for social issues, that much is true, but they have been massively disruptive in almost all other areas of government. Even at a grassroots level their watchword would be change, they very much have been pushing for massive changes to economic, financial and tax policy for years. They've also been pushing for massive changes to law and order policy.

I didn't think you were being discriminatory at all. I would agree with your description of conservatism being about reducing the amount of political change if we were to set the benchmark that they want to prevent movement beyond somewhere in the gilded age. That would be an appropriate description. But it doesn't fit with much passed that.
Fair enough, I don't feel like I understand economics well enough to disagree with you there anyway! BTW, it wasn't me who was actually accused of discrimination. I was just stepping up to disagree with CowboyPony accusing surfersurfer of discrimination.
Tonight! One night only! Nine Inch Nails, with opening act Fallacious Explanations!

Time permitting: spinal tap
firstpastthepost: You brought up that the wishlist was at 700 people... which someone else countered pretty well
SPTX: What? Who? Where?

firstpastthepost: I don't remember seeing a review you brought up unless you're talking about the youtube link that I didn't click on cause it won't work for me right now. But it's a single review, I could counter that with any number of poor reviews it received. It doesn't prove your point. It's sitting at 60 on Steam right now, which usually is a sign of a pretty bad game.

SPTX: I didn't bring up a review, and my whole point about reviews was actually countering the argument you just tried to make. My point being potential buyers are way over the wishlist number because this and the forum are used only by a tiny fraction of the customer base, that having a whishlist with a decent promise of potential buyers makes the bad reviews moot and that anyway, gog sold poorly reviewed games regardless. So it can't be an excuse.

firstpastthepost: You have zero proof of what you claim
SPTX: What did I claim? I've only made hypothesis and debunked fallacious explanations.
Seriously? You're going to lie now and say you didn't bring up a review or the wishlist when you clearly did? I just went back and verified.... I was responding to your comment saying I didn't refute your "evidence" of " actual arguments (reviews/potential sales)" I was responding to that and I even said I didn't see a review. And you clearly stated in a previous post that the wishlist was "700 strong"... and again brought up "potential sales"

Forget it... you're just obviously trolling at this point. There's no point arguing with someone who says something and insists they didn't say it 10 minutes later. Peace.
SirPrimalform: On a basic level conservative social values are broadly about tradition and tend to reject change. All I'm trying to say is that calling a conservative worldview limited, as surfersurfer did, is not discriminatory but merely descriptive.
firstpastthepost: Conservative values have been predominantly about changing the standard economic models since the 80s. They tend to be conservative in the sense that you mean it for social issues, that much is true, but they have been massively disruptive in almost all other areas of government. Even at a grassroots level their watchword would be change, they very much have been pushing for massive changes to economic, financial and tax policy for years. They've also been pushing for massive changes to law and order policy.

It's all relative isn't it? If I wanted to change current communication methods by bringing back cave paintings, would you call me conservative or progressive?

teceem: It's all relative isn't it? If I wanted to change current communication methods by bringing back cave paintings, would you call me conservative or progressive?
I agree, and I said as much by saying it would be accurate if you meant it in terms of comparing it to the gilded age. But it's hard to argue that people are trying to conserve values from a time in which none of them lived in by a long shot.
teceem: It's all relative isn't it? If I wanted to change current communication methods by bringing back cave paintings, would you call me conservative or progressive?
That would depend on your reasoning for doing so. If you were making a case that cave paintings were in some way a functional improvement over current methods then I guess that would be progressive. If your reasoning was "because it's traditional" then it would be a conservative position. I see your point.
punksurce: What's this rubbish ? lol
Shhhhhh. Keep your head down.............let´s crawl through the bushes.
There´s only one way out of here and I am not taking the back
Post edited March 07, 2019 by LoboBlanco