It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
This thread needs a
Attachments:
john.jpg (11 Kb)
I need some help.... should I be drinking while reading this thread?
low rated
teceem: Whether I agree with your dislike for conservative people or not; please don't drag the innocent concept of "conservation" through the mud!
SirPrimalform: Conservation is keeping things the same, it's by definition a limiting position. I'm just talking on a pure technical level here, nothing to do with likes or dislikes.
Come on... now you're being a little obtuse there. You know that's not what he means by conservative. And besides, "conservative" in a political sense hasn't meant keeping things the same for a long time now.
teceem: Whether I agree with your dislike for conservative people or not; please don't drag the innocent concept of "conservation" through the mud!
SirPrimalform: Conservation is keeping things the same, it's by definition a limiting position. I'm just talking on a pure technical level here, nothing to do with likes or dislikes.
How is the existence or concept of musea a "limiting position"?
Or how about history books?
Or keeping old games available or playable?
Etc. etc.
What's this rubbish ? lol
low rated
wolfsite: I need some help.... should I be drinking while reading this thread?
That's a trick question. You should always be drinking.
low rated
wolfsite: I need some help.... should I be drinking while reading this thread?
yes!
low rated
SPTX: The lack of self awareness here is astonishing. You guys don't even notice you're in a hug box, distributing good points to each other and coming down full force on the one guy that has concerns (as in worries) about GOG. Just like reddit, the cesspit of the internet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctCrNFmVOHQ
Don't come crying later when your echochamber crumbles upon itself. Get woke, go broke.
Because of course "the SJWs" forced GOG to ditch the FPP and then they forced GOG to not release a bad game and do business with an unstable nutjob.
The entire premise of this thread is ludicrous.
firstpastthepost: Come on... now you're being a little obtuse there. You know that's not what he means by conservative. And besides, "conservative" in a political sense hasn't meant keeping things the same for a long time now.
On a basic level conservative social values are broadly about tradition and tend to reject change. All I'm trying to say is that calling a conservative worldview limited, as surfersurfer did, is not discriminatory but merely descriptive.
Post edited March 07, 2019 by SirPrimalform
low rated
SPTX: The lack of self awareness here is astonishing. You guys don't even notice you're in a hug box, distributing good points to each other and coming down full force on the one guy that has concerns (as in worries) about GOG. Just like reddit, the cesspit of the internet. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctCrNFmVOHQ
Don't come crying later when your echochamber crumbles upon itself. Get woke, go broke.
firstpastthepost: I'm sorry you're mad that you're losing the argument here and therefor everyone else is in an "echo chamber."
lol
firstpastthepost: Like I said before, most of the people on the forum who have hangups over the SJW stuff commented in the thread about Grimoire not being released here and they pretty much all agreed that GoG was right to not release it.
What was that about me losing an argument because I said you were in an echochamber?
It's funny, because I gave actual arguments (reviews/potential sales) but you didn't even address them. Please tell me more about how wrong I am.
low rated
SirPrimalform: Because of course "the SJWs" forced GOG to ditch the FPP and then they forced GOG to not release a bad game and do business with an unstable nutjob.
That's what happened! But I missed when the illuminati changed their name into SJW.
low rated
teceem: How is the existence or concept of musea a "limiting position"?
Or how about history books?
Or keeping old games available or playable?
Etc. etc.
I was of course talking about political and social views. :P
One of us should have posted this five hours ago.
samuraigaiden: First of all SJWs isn't even a real thing. People have different opinions on all subject matters and diversity of opinion is a fundamental part of a healthy society. When someone uses a word like SJWs to label anyone who either disagrees with them or is remotely associated with a ideas they don't like, what that person is doing is trying to stop any form of debate. The result is - and we see this all the time on social media - people only preaching to the choir and any form of dissent turning into a barrage of insults.
It is just a "label" and in that it's not really any different (or less real) than any other labels whenever they were made up recently or centuries ago, saying it's not a real thing is like saying that "geek" isn't even a real thing because peoples have different opinion when it comes to hobbies and don't all react the same way.

IMHO the real problem is not whenever "SJW" is a real thing or not but more that, as you said, nowadays peoples are no longer able to discuss anything without resorting at throwing insults and labels at each others as soon as they are disagreeing. Whenever those labels are "SJW", "NPC", etc... on one side or "gater", "manbabies", "mysoginerd", or whatever "...phobes / ...ist", etc... on the other side doesn't really change a thing.

Sadly it doesn't look like it getting better anything soon with the crazy ultra polarized outrage culture we are living in nowadays.
low rated
teceem: That's what happened! But I missed when the illuminati changed their name into SJW.
The OP whose name escapes me now is our revolutionary leader, here to save us from the SJW that worked out how to disguise themselves as financial pressures. I wish I knew how to disguise myself as a non-corporeal economic concept.
SirPrimalform: I was of course talking about political and social views. :P
And I'm trying not to. I like my politics DRM free... and thus... offline! :-P