It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thanks for the bump, I'm slow.

cristigale: -There are no apparent instances where flubb is town and uses a scum related avatar, which some are arguing in this game. I think it's more likely he is scum.
Bookwyrm627: His avatars are more likely a breadcrumb for his role than his alignment. I'm seeing a future role or flavor claim from this, if anything, not a pun based alignment reference. Even the Jim Jones could easily be a reference to the CL role, not the alignment.

I'd have expected you to realize this as well. All I'm seeing here is Cristi hunting for a potential PR. Between this and the sleeper cylon question, my hackles are raised.
Unlike Vitek's objection, I don't know what to make of this. This feels disingenuous. Here's where it hit my gut – in bler's crazy game, Bookwyrm originally lied about why he chose to use his role on CSPVG. Bookwyrm turned out to be town, but I was right that he was lying about why he chose CSPVG at the time. That is how this feels (that he is fabricating it). But I also know that I could simply be in OMGUS territory. With that in mind:

@Bookwyrm – if you are scum – good for you, you yanked my chain.

If you are town….wow…I'm surprised that was your conclusion. I can see now how flubb's avatars have mainly been about roles (or generic game stuff) but that hadn't clicked, the way you describe it, as I was going through the process. I was never trying to PR hunt. I couldn't care less what flub's role is, I thought he was hinting Cylon. I guess you'll either have to take or leave it.
cristigale: Sorry, just refreshed, bump
Thanks - I looked for a few minutes and couldn't find it. Apparently I miss the things Damnation actually says, and imagine things he didn't....

sigh.

@cristi - What's your read on Wyrm v. Damn: T/T, TW/WT, W/W, other?

Bookwyrm627: Cristi brought up the idea of a sleeper cylon, which seemed really odd to me so early in the game.
It didn't seem odd to me as raw conjecture - it is a major plot device in both the mini-series and [spoiler] later in the full series as well, that was annoying as shit in the show, and would be worse here because we can't just turn the game off. ;)

We can discuss more post-game, or perhaps once a few flips/claims are on the table. I don't think it's particularly worth going into at this point. I definitely don't find it scummy - maybe even sliiiightly clearing depending on the motive.

Not having a sharp night - I swear I already wrote this question out to you but can't find it. I think I just keep pasting over things like an idiot. Putting aside your dust-up with Damnation, he's not on ZFR's wagon. What's your independent read of both ZFR, and that wagon?

You asked him his thoughts on brig mechanics, gently responded to his query about PR (though he attacked me as being too friendly, and not you for same), but you don't ask him anything meaningful, nor really commented on a read of him at all either way other than the (fair) response to trent in 161.

None of that, by itself is damning as you haven't engaged with any number of players, but...

I guess I'm a little bit curious you aren't commenting at all on the largest wagon either as a good/bad/indifferent/simplyexisting thing in the context of trying to make other wagons. It is the elephant in the room, relatively speaking, isn't it?

______

Where I'm at:

>randtown reads, won't vote (D1) period (no order):
Joe
Vitek
HSL
Trent

Null, will likely sort through play later. Highly unlikely to vote in current gamestate:
cristi
Wyrm
fraknation

________

D1 considerations....

Null/unsorted, in POE (in order):
flub
ele
rabbit

<randtown, preferred vote:
SPF
zfr

unvote SPF
vote ZFR
littlerabbit: SPF jumped on the ZFR train a bit soon for me with no real reasoning.
I agree with this.

bler144: I'm getting on the wagon with SPF, and the rabbit, and probably flub eventually based on his scumlist above.........no enthusiasm for SPFwagon? Anyone?
I'll provide a "who I will vote" list when I'm done.

cristigale: I should read today critically (I skimmed) but I'm not feeling it. Is there anything that needs addressed right now?
Damnation: Yes, everything.
;-p
littlerabbit: Meta-analysis:
Damnation: FWIW, I remember SPF as trying hard to appear non-scummy. But this is way metaing is not very constructive - either his playstyle has evolved and he is playing into old tropes consciously, or it is completely consistent meaning his playstyle cannot tell us if he is town or scum based on it - thus rendering analysis of the meta completely fruitless.
Tell me, what does all this meta discussion of other players tell you about their alignment? If it's more than nothing, I'm genuinely curious: how can you be so sure it IS more than nothing?
littlerabbit: Trent, ZFR and Cristie - what's your response to this? (most meta discussion seems to come from you).
I disagree. Meta is useful. Of course players can be aware of their meta and (attempt to) change it. Consistently strong players typically can. But for the most part, we are creatures of habit and I think is it often useful in mafia. (Big shocker, right? <sarcasm>)

@bler- just got through what I assume is most of what you asked....will get to when I'm fully caught up
trentonlf: Well it seems the cyst was really a malignant tumor on her ovary. The doctor removed the tumor and ovary and said the good news is that the type of cancer it is has an 85-90% chance of being cured. They will not do anything else until after the baby is born. They are also keeping her at the hospital for a couple of days to monitor her and the baby (both are doing great right now).
Sorry, to hear that. And thankful the prognosis is good.
littlerabbit: /snip
flubbucket: This is scummy.

Vote: littlerabbit
Oho! Why do you think all this is scummy? (I read that last action for comedy value, personally, since rabbit has said she's wary of brigging on D1 and it's in response to a serious-joke by Damn).

SirPrimalform: Now that's an interesting development.

Distancing..?
If you think Wyrm and I are scummy, what do you make of my case? If we're both on the list, isn't voting him a good move to see what happens? (For example, I might leap off the wagon at L-3 until "he explains himself" then leap back on again :P ) Or you could vote me and see who jumps?

I presume you read ZFR as the stronger scum, but unless the ZFR case sprouts wings somehow I can't get behind that in good conscience.

@Damnation, Joe, thoughts? Who could you lunch at this point?

bler144: I think you're missing that I listed you on my wildguess scum team, and you're still in the POE even if I'm much more interested in other happenings over you[...]
Yes I know you find me suspect, but I wasn't counting wild guesses or POE....!

I could lynch Wyrm or SPF at this point and would be happy to pressure Vitek. I'm consciously not using brig votes on D1, don't start on that again wyrm :P

{Out of game: I am really enjoying this game. I love the mix of people and players and styles, re-reading frequently makes me laugh out loud. Here's to a good one!}
Slightly off topic, but maybe saying it will help the affect. Every time someone uses the word "toaster" to refer to mafia it reminds me of this:
Toast! It makes it really hard to focus on the argument.

Damnation: Here's the thing - I'm more sarcastic than your average Dane. I'm so sarcastic I have friends who are unsure when to take me seriously and when to assume I'm joking.
Here's what I say to them (And now to you):
If you think I'm joking, I'm serious. If you think I'm serious, I'm joking. (And surprisingly as it may be, it describes me quite well)
bler144: Well then...maybe that's why I'm having trouble following you? I think the rest of your post is serious...so, it's joking?
This. The tone feels so serious and then right in the midst a goat joke.

Drifting off, got to call it quits.

bler144: 3) Yeah. Trent/Joe felt pretty T/T. This has another vibe. Not W/W, but leaning T/W, just not sure which way. Feels like something is at stake there. Makes me more inclined to see ZFR lynch through, though. He's the common denominator here, it feels like.
Now, finally getting to your question. I'm inline with what you said. My take is this is T/W. When I first read Dammation's grill on ZFR and Wyrm's initial response, I mostly agreed with Wyrm because the grill felt overly harsh. But the longer the back-and-forth continued, the more Damnation's side felt better and Wyrm's less. If the wagons were Wyrm and Damnation....I'd go with Wyrm. My OMGUS concern on wyrm still lingers. I am OK with the ZFR lynch and could go SPF. Both are in my POE but I don't see what you and Vitek see on SPR.
My only real ping was the ZFR vote felt off
@trent Hope everything goes well for your daughter and grandchild.
@SPF I'm male. You can use he/him when referring to me. Also, other than cristi who are the females here? Just so I can pick my pronouns properly.

bler144: Tactically (all other things being equal) it matters waaay more as non-town to not get lynched for newbieisms than it does for town. Especially here we tend to lynch town terribly D1 far more often than not, and it's not a game killer by itself. Scum going down easy on D1...however...I don't recall a game town has lost with that gift in hand.
Since Damnation misunderstood 3-4 of my sentences I wondered if it's because my semantics are really that bad and my posts are ambiguous. So I went back and reread all my posts and found this. Nothing more to it.

But the second sentence actually puts my mind at ease. I didn't know how detrimental for town was a mislynch on D1. Good to know it's not a game killer.

bler144: Uhhh....I can't tell if you believe that or not.

But as a point of fact, your logic seems entiiiiirely backwards. My argument at the time I made it, was that your wagon was (oversimplifying) LHF, and thus not particularly valuable as an information source. That makes it HARDER to justify a later vote on you, not easier.
What's LHF? From the context I understand it to mean "lynch for doing newbie things" but I can't find the abbreviation on mafia wiki.
Any way, why would it make it HARDER to justify a vote later on? scum!X votes for Newb. Newb flips town. X has an easy excuse: "But I voted for him because he was acting so scummy! Turns out it was just newbie mistakes".

ZFR: He was far from being in immediate danger of being lynched. If he or someone pointed out that's his usual side I could always unvote.
bler144: I actually don't think there's a ton of value in this particular query from HSL, but...since we're here, if that was your gambit / thinking, why not vote him simultaneous to the question rather than partially delayed?
I don't remember exactly. I view these forums also while at work during free time and sometimes have to get back to something else.
cristigale: Now, finally getting to your question. I'm inline with what you said. My take is this is T/W. When I first read Dammation's grill on ZFR and Wyrm's initial response, I mostly agreed with Wyrm because the grill felt overly harsh. But the longer the back-and-forth continued, the more Damnation's side felt better and Wyrm's less. If the wagons were Wyrm and Damnation....I'd go with Wyrm. My OMGUS concern on wyrm still lingers. I am OK with the ZFR lynch and could go SPF. Both are in my POE but I don't see what you and Vitek see on SPR.
My only real ping was the ZFR vote felt off
If this is the case, why are you still voting for flub?
elebutterfly: C.f. Damnation's excellent hounding of ZFR about this in post #286. Damn puts my vague feeling into words: not acting townie, but attempting to prove you're acting townie is suspect this early.
Maybe I went the wrong about it, but I never attempted to prove I'm townie. As I explained before, I meant to show that some actions are not scum indicative. And NOT that they necessarily make you town.

P1: X is doing A, therefore X must be scum.
P2: Not necessarilly. Y, who was town, also did A in a previous game.

In the above, P2 isn't trying to prove that X is town! Just wants to show that A is not scum-indicative.
flubbucket: This is scummy.

Vote: littlerabbit
elebutterfly: Oho! Why do you think all this is scummy? (I read that last action for comedy value, personally, since rabbit has said she's wary of brigging on D1 and it's in response to a serious-joke by Damn).

........snip>............
The role fishing and the flip flop on avatars. And....

littlerabbit: Thumbs up to cristie for such an in-depth analysis that must have taken a lot of time to go through. I am reading the result as Flub looking scummy? I am unsure that his choice of avatar should be read into that much though, is he the kind if person to risk a cylon-referencing pic if he were a cylon? Should we be lynching someone based on their avatar?
Still reading cristie as town based on the above.

Joe: vaguely indicates that Flub could be mafia because he has been mafia in many games, but this is a terrible argument and he therefore smells a bit of burnt toast to me.
(emphasis added)

Joe's argument is terrible.....ironic :/
HypersomniacLive: @Vitek - is your place big enough for me to move in until this mess is fixed for good? I promise that I won't even ask for a turn with the Nintendo.
You may move here but only if you don't mind sleeping in the cage with my pet procupine.
Or it could be with flub but I don't even bother to offer it over the porcupine.
For the last page EB and CG (yes, you are now all going to be just abbreviations :-)) get some town points and BW gets few scum points.
Then I took at previous BW's town play and took those points from him again.
Can anyone point me to a game where BW was aifam/mucs?

Littlerabbit gets huge amount of scum points for textbook role-fishing.
HSL small amount of bad points for posting spoilers.

bler144: <randtown, preferred vote:
SPF
zfr
Preferred for best lynch or you think they are mafia?
Together or one only of them?
If both mafia what is your take on SPF actions against ZFR? Buddy trying to throw the other under the bus?

Also, yeah, what's LHF?

SirPrimalform: Well I don't know if the stick is what achieved it, but what I wanted were more posts from ZFR. Sometimes scum can wriggle away by going quiet, votes motivate them to defend themselves.
You mean like you did when we turned attention your way? ;-)

Joke it may be but it pointed me towards mafia in the past.

SirPrimalform: While I happily admit I got caught up in the brig mechanics discussion, define "no scum hunting"?
Not searching for mafia.

SirPrimalform: Your scum hunting != all scum hunting. I like to play with Reckless Abandon™ and throw my vote around wildly. I find vote pressure and seeing how people respond to it to be most effective for my way of thinking. I'm not one of those players who keeps spreadsheets or anything, sorry.
Never said it does equal and also never asked you to keep spredsheets.
I had one some notes in like 3 or 4 games I have played tops.

The thing is I don't just see much attempts in your posts to solve anything. You voted bler (OK, you are not going to be all abbreviated. I hate it already) for buddying up/distancing with ele and then abandoned it. What's your take on bler and ele now, anyway?
Then said trent convinced you about ZFR but what striked my as most peculiar was when he convinced (after ZFR accrued 2 other votes). When pointed out you jumped off but clearly stating you are ready to get back anytime it is necessary.
I give you it is early so it was minor thing but to me it added up with other things.

What's your current scumteam currently? Not 3 most suspicious player but who do you expect to be mafia team together?

SirPrimalform: I did!? I must have missed one, which was it? And no, I thought Joe was your soulmate. I'm more of a comic-relief-nemesis with no face.
OK, OK, you got me, I was trying to be nice to you, you big goof.
It was that late Joe's game where we played older people in some sort of resort? We all had clues about others and there was something with gems going on. It was right after the other one where you were mafia and got flawless victory.

ZFR: *not important*
You spend most of the time defending yourself so let me instead ask you about your suspects.
Is bler still your number 1? If so why? Do you see him as mafia orchestrating your mislynch?
Who else?
How do you feel about other people that draw more suspicion?

cristigale: I disagree. Meta is useful. Of course players can be aware of their meta and (attempt to) change it. Consistently strong players typically can. But for the most part, we are creatures of habit and I think is it often useful in mafia. (Big shocker, right? <sarcasm>)
@everyone; I love meta. I once built castle out of it and then ate it if some ice cream.

To be more serious, I really always liked it but I know some people don't and I never saw any side as scummy. Just different approach.

Being out of the loop for several years made meta-reads much less useful, though, I admit that. :-)

Damnation: Hmm, excellent. I see I have ... made a fool of my self ... (But perhaps that is exactly what I'm looking to do?)
I think that's a goal every player of mafia should strive to achieve.

trentonlf: Well it seems the cyst was really a malignant tumor on her ovary. The doctor removed the tumor and ovary and said the good news is that the type of cancer it is has an 85-90% chance of being cured. They will not do anything else until after the baby is born. They are also keeping her at the hospital for a couple of days to monitor her and the baby (both are doing great right now).

@Vitek, I’m am 46 years old ;-)
90% that's nice very high, almost infallible, number. I like that. :-)
In any words. I hope evyrthing will work out the best way it can.

I see. But you were 18 when you started playing mafia here, right?
What's next? Learning that flub is not 108? Gosh, I hope not.

cristigale: I learned that game that I'm not a fan of cult games. I don't think I've played a cult game since then. I weighed it when considering to playing this game. The mod was deliberately non-committal when Hyper asked about it.
Are you me?

ZFR: @SPF I'm male. You can use he/him when referring to me. Also, other than cristi who are the females here? Just so I can pick my pronouns properly.
Ele, rabbit and our glorious mod.

Hope I didnt screw any formatting here. Sorry in advance.
Vitek: You spend most of the time defending yourself so let me instead ask you about your suspects.
Is bler still your number 1? If so why? Do you see him as mafia orchestrating your mislynch?
Who else?
How do you feel about other people that draw more suspicion?
Yes, bler.

I've got other suspects, but it's mostly for meta reasons and/or gut feelings. If someone put a gun to my head and asked for a top 3 scum it'd be bler, SPF for a meta reason I'd rather not mention, and HSL because his style of questioning seems scummy to me (though I really can't put my finger on why).

Damnation I see as town; I don't see him questioning me the way he did and reacting to my answers if he were mafia.

Littlerabbit seemed role-fishing, which according to people here is scummy? I don't know.
When I asked about roles Bookwyrm gave me an answer instead of going "stop role-fishing!" Is it because he's mafia? Or genuinely trying to answer a newb question? Before the previous game started I asked him lots of mafia questions in chat, so he could simply be answering a question from an inexperienced player. There is also something else that struck me about Bookwyrm, making him townie, but again can't put my finger on it now.

That's pretty much it. Not much, I know but I don't think I have more on D1.
ZFR: Yes, bler.

I've got other suspects, but it's mostly for meta reasons and/or gut feelings. If someone put a gun to my head and asked for a top 3 scum it'd be bler, SPF for a meta reason I'd rather not mention, and HSL because his style of questioning seems scummy to me (though I really can't put my finger on why).
Those are not good explanations.

ZFR: Damnation I see as town; I don't see him questioning me the way he did and reacting to my answers if he were mafia.
I ceratinly can certainly think of reasons why he would do it as mafia as well as town.

ZFR: Littlerabbit seemed role-fishing, which according to people here is scummy? I don't know.
You really don't understand what is wrong with mafia knowing who PR are? o_O

ZFR: Before the previous game started I asked him lots of mafia questions in chat
Hmmm, I see. Good to know.

In that previous game were you mafia or town?