It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PookaMustard: This only works if your team acts in lockstep with itself all without a central point of communication. So you need your other mafiosos to have the same brain wavelength as you and the same time commitments. Unfortunately, this dream scumteam is only going to happen in very few games, if Lady Luck was ever so gracious with you. This downside will occur with more games than the upside of "we did all this without day communication."

Nightchats are dying (or already dead) in every other community I know of for good reasons. Personally, I appreciate that daychats respect real life commitments and are open 24/7 instead of just 48 hours, and I'll take that over anything else.
Then it is generational thing I suppose. Back in my times (*waves cane with his elderly hand*) it was considered very normal thing and nobody even batted an eye when there was none.
I really don't know, maybe past few years every single game here had daychat, so this was odd one out and thus surprised people, but I feel like it is not something I would need to knock the game down for, either way the chat is.

I don't think wanting mafia to post few times during the Night is not asking them for that much. If they don't, it's on them, they had the chance.

I suppose then for many years there either were numbers of "dream scumteams" or there were very dysfunctional mafia teams that managed to win despite it. They couldn't coordinate every step, instead they had to outline basic course of the Day at Night nad then they were on their own.

"I am going to try that and that Tomorrow."
"OK, I think I will try to direct lynch at X, they seem to be possible lynch candidate."
"Great, but make sure not to out yourself, you tend to be overzealous."
"Thanks, take care."

Something like that and then it is up to each of them to do the right thing as is the case for townies. You have to guess yourself when to back them, when to distance or even bus, if your mates are online to make lynch happen, etc. You don't need to read minds, you have to guess and well, sometimes it doesn't work and that's part of the fun as well.

I am not knocking current meta down and am not saying youngs have it easy nowadays :-), I am just trying to say that I don't think not having daychat should be met with contempt as IMO it just adds other layer to the game and is not that unheard of.
Now that we are done, how do i get rid of the "You have 42 new replies" notification?
DkKobaPL: @dedo frankly. This was the worst game of mafia I have played, integrity wise primarily.
ugh i don’t want to come across as rude but i’mma say it anyways:

dk don’t come into another community and trash the rules just because it’s not what you’re used to- the reason there’s a limit on posting and editing is pretty much common sense- someone could spill information and then delete it before anyone sees it/ before anyone can reference to their past words.

it’s stated in the very first posts of the thread that you can’t edit- those are not hard to take a second and read through.

you did nothing but complain and then after being warned several times, continued to ignore the host telling and reply defensively to anyone that questioned you about your defiance.
you were eventually modkilled because you then refused to comply with the marked activity (song naming stuff), therefore again just breaking the rules.

yeah, i agree, it kinda sucks that the game ended so quickly because you and scene were modkilled/ lynched early on, but after reading mafia chat, dedo had every right to modkill you after the way you continually harassed them over the rules and anything else you simply weren’t used to…
if you want to control the rules so much, go make your own game.

smh…
Everyone, please, let's stop this and move on to Pooka's game. He's up next!
Vitek: Now that we are done, how do i get rid of the "You have 42 new replies" notification?
I forget if it's adalia fundamentals or barefoot monkey, but get one of those, then the notifications for forum posts will show up under the notification bell, and THEN you can clear them.

Magic.
PookaMustard: I forget if it's adalia fundamentals or barefoot monkey, but get one of those, then the notifications for forum posts will show up under the notification bell, and THEN you can clear them.

Magic.
I have that and tried various clicking in there to get rid of them but until today I never noticed the huge CLEAR ALL button.
How wonderful. :-)
Thanks.
Lifthrasil: By the way, for the first time in my personal Mafia history I breadcrumbed my role. Did anyone notice? Or was it hidden enough?
Vitek: I have not but I never look for them. Even now when I do quick skim of your posts, I don't see it.
There is a reason why I don't like them at all. :-)
What was it?
It was me telling Joe: "I know you haven't moved..." which was my investigation result hidden in a reference to our quarrel.
Lifthrasil: It was me telling Joe: "I know you haven't moved..." which was my investigation result hidden in a reference to our quarrel.
Oh, I see. Now I do. But I would never be able to find something like that. So I suppose it was successful crumb and hopefully someone smarter than me could find it you were NK'ed and we were looking for oyur actions.
PookaMustard: Maybe I've been spoiled by playing several games with daychat and appreciating just how much more dynamic scum is.
I do like having daychat, but I feel like it's a little overpowered considering the mafia is already the team with the most information.

I quite like that nightchat mirrors the day, with the mafia only being able to speak freely at night and needing to plan ahead and coordinate in secret during the day. I enjoy the secrecy aspect of it, being the text equivalent of trying to communicate by making eye contact. Daychat is like giving the mafia telepathy.
Having said that, while I have a preference for nightchat I appreciate the variety and would never complain to a mod about whatever they chose for their game.

Vitek: You can consider it one of mafia skills, when you are able to communicate with your mafia buddies only at Night, you have to formulate plan for next Day and during the Day you can only guess what are they going for and act according to it. I find it preferable to when you can just share your every thought and action. Things like coordinated voting to quickhammer are certainly more thrilling without it.
I see you are a flying rat of taste.
Post edited August 08, 2022 by my name is grompy catte
PookaMustard: This only works if your team acts in lockstep with itself all without a central point of communication.
But that's part of the fun! It's like a dance that you're all making up as you go along based on what you see your teammates doing. The chaos is the entire point!

I have no objections to people using daychat in their games but I would be very sad if night-only chats disappeared, because it's definitely part of the thrill of playing as scum for me. Things never go completely the way you planned it during the night and I love that.
Vitek: Now that we are done, how do i get rid of the "You have 42 new replies" notification?
There is a way of doing it, but it always comes back eventually for me. I've kind of given up and learned to embrace my permanent pile of notifications.
Vitek: I have not but I never look for them. Even now when I do quick skim of your posts, I don't see it.
There is a reason why I don't like them at all. :-)
What was it?
Lifthrasil: It was me telling Joe: "I know you haven't moved..." which was my investigation result hidden in a reference to our quarrel.
Ahhhhh!

How are you feeling now by the way?
my name is grompy catte: I have no objections to people using daychat in their games but I would be very sad if night-only chats disappeared, because it's definitely part of the thrill of playing as scum for me.
My thrill as mafioso is a little different, come to think about it. I like coming up with insane theories and plans and then executing the hell out of them. I like manipulating Townies into thinking I'm a townie just as much as they are and getting them to fall into that trap. It's why I like being scum more, I'm the one writing the mystery, not the one solving it.

How Daychat ties into all of that? Well it lets me enhance that aspect, I have an outlet to which I throw my thoughts and get feedback on them it's not open for 48 hours when the day is usually 168 hours or something. I believe coordination among scum is a necessity, not a luxury, basically, and the real luxury is how each one of the scum is gong to beautifully trick Town into losing the game.

(also it's not telepathy, could be modern chat apps or something heh)
PookaMustard: (also it's not telepathy, could be modern chat apps or something heh)
Hehe, but it's telepathy by analogy. The forum thread is analogous to a gathering in the town square or something. The bad guys can't openly talk to each other while everyone is gathered and people would get suspicious if they were whatsapping each other during the meeting.
PookaMustard: My thrill as mafioso is a little different, come to think about it. I like coming up with insane theories and plans and then executing the hell out of them. I like manipulating Townies into thinking I'm a townie just as much as they are and getting them to fall into that trap. It's why I like being scum more, I'm the one writing the mystery, not the one solving it.
I like all of that too (including preferring being mafia), I just find it's more fun to have to execute it by the equivalent of eye signals. The stakes are higher and trying to get someone's attention while not being spotted is fun. You can even agree on codewords during the night to change plan and things. Daychat is just a bit... boring by comparison.

p.s. Just so it's clear, I'm not arguing that you or anyone else shouldn't use daychat, just explaining why I love not having it.
Daychat mafia is like swimming with floaties. It's still fun, but it's greatly diluted.
DkKobaPL: don't expect me to come back or recommend games here to anyone.
p.s. I meant what I said in my PM before all this, I would still be very happy to play with you again. We may disagree over some things but I see no reason to hold a grudge.
PookaMustard: This only works if your team acts in lockstep with itself all without a central point of communication.
my name is grompy catte: But that's part of the fun! It's like a dance that you're all making up as you go along based on what you see your teammates doing. The chaos is the entire point!

I have no objections to people using daychat in their games but I would be very sad if night-only chats disappeared, because it's definitely part of the thrill of playing as scum for me. Things never go completely the way you planned it during the night and I love that.
my name is grompy catte: There is a way of doing it, but it always comes back eventually for me. I've kind of given up and learned to embrace my permanent pile of notifications.
my name is grompy catte: Ahhhhh!

How are you feeling now by the way?
Every day a bit better. Thank you. But still a long shot from how fit I was before. I'll spend the next weeks in cardio rehab to train my heart, so that I won't be that exhausted from minor activity anymore. Hopefully.