It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GH exclaims "Eureka, I've solved it!" before scratching his head at something and then adding "oh wait, no I haven't.....carry on then"
GymHenson: I near 100% took it as a joke
I don't buy it. Your post reads like you took BW seriously to a decent extend.

GymHenson: Again, as I asked several posts back: Do you get why a town!me might reply as I did to that post, or to other posts in a similar manner?
No

ZFR: Here is my theory:
So GH makes the decision that he should distance himself. ... Bookwyrm has to reply in kind.
Bookwyrm627: Underlining mine. What makes you think this?
I don't know. That's what I see scum!myself doing if my partner scum!GH started such an opening against me. He often gets lynched early; this will only help it, so I might as well salvage what I can and start distancing.

There is the possibility GH's opening post is shading a Townie than distancing a partner, which is why of the two of you I'm voting him.
ZFR: I don't buy it. Your post reads like you took BW seriously to a decent extend.
Yes, because me asking OP if I could half vote for someone is a good indicator I was serious.

Btw, by some of your posts so far I might say ye seem like a scum!zfr trying to get town to off me for one reason or another.

But then i'm guessing if you were scum you'd more likely want me left alive so my play style would distract everyone else, so there's a good chance yer town.

Hmm, what to do...so confusing it be.

*puffs pipe*

ZFR: No
No? Ok then, i'll say it plain: I sometimes post posts to test people's reactions.

Of course, I don't do it all the time, and I try to make it hard to spot. That said, now that people know I do so it'll likely be a bit less effective(hence me trying to avoid spelling it out, and hoping you'd get what I meant)....al though I hope it will still be somewhat useful if/when I do it in the future.
ZFR: I don't buy it. Your post reads like you took BW seriously to a decent extend.
GymHenson: Yes, because me asking OP if I could half vote for someone is a good indicator I was serious.
The half vote wasn't because you were half serious (numbering mine):

"(1) I don't want to lose ya too early (even if you're scum) as you haven't played in awhile & it's nice to have ya back in game, yet (2)I also want to catch scum....decisions, decisions.

Hey OP, can I half vote? I kid, I kid."

The "half vote" was by your own words because you didn't want to lose BW early since he hasn't played in a while. Not because you took him half seriously.
ZFR: No
GymHenson: No? Ok then, i'll say it plain: I sometimes post posts to test people's reactions.

Of course, I don't do it all the time, and I try to make it hard to spot. That said, now that people know I do so it'll likely be a bit less effective(hence me trying to avoid spelling it out, and hoping you'd get what I meant)....al though I hope it will still be somewhat useful if/when I do it in the future.
Wait, so which one is it? First you're trying to convince me your post was almost 100% not serious, now you're saying you wanted to test reactions? That makes no sense.

You can't have it both ways. You can't test reaction to your post if your post is not serious because reactions to non-serious posts are meaningless. If your post was not serious than what kind of reaction where you testing for? "lol" "haha" "very funny"?
ZFR: The half vote wasn't because you were half serious (numbering mine):

The "half vote" was by your own words because you didn't want to lose BW early since he hasn't played in a while. Not because you took him half seriously.
Because apparently you're me and know exactly what I meant by that I guess? Anyhoo, the half vote comment was (also) an indicator that that reply/vote was more silly than serious(but of course, if you want to think otherwise then by all means feel free to do so).

By the way, which post of Blotunga's did you mean in your reply to me earlier? Their first one?

(Regardless of which it was, though: I am guessing I either missed it, or I read/skimmed it and it didn't attract my interest.....or it did but I didn't comment on it for some reason)

ZFR: Wait, so which one is it? First you're trying to convince me your post was almost 100% not serious, now you're saying you wanted to test reactions? That makes no sense.
I test reactions with silly posts sometimes....that clear it up a bit more for ya?

ZFR: You can't have it both ways. You can't test reaction to your post if your post is not serious because reactions to non-serious posts are meaningless.
I disagree a bit on this....but of course we can agree to disagree.

ZFR: If your post was not serious than what kind of reaction where you testing for? "lol" "haha" "very funny"?
Not gonna say much more on that post, in case you are scum and trying to get more info...suffice it to say, I was testing for something.
ZFR: The half vote wasn't because you were half serious (numbering mine):

GymHenson: Because apparently you're me and know exactly what I meant by that I guess?
No. It's because you yourself wrote it.

ZFR: Wait, so which one is it? First you're trying to convince me your post was almost 100% not serious, now you're saying you wanted to test reactions? That makes no sense.
GymHenson: I test reactions with silly posts sometimes....that clear it up a bit more for ya?

ZFR: You can't have it both ways. You can't test reaction to your post if your post is not serious because reactions to non-serious posts are meaningless.
GymHenson: I disagree a bit on this....but of course we can agree to disagree.
Hahaha... No.
ZFR: No. It's because you yourself wrote it.
And you're interpreting it wrong, it seems.

ZFR: Hahaha... No.
GH smiles knowingly and says "Oh yesssss"

Look, I tire of all this, so if ya want to rally a wagon on me then by all means....and if you turn out to be pulling an Nmillar(town tunneling on town) then I shall gladly have a slight chuckle from the sidelines should I get lynched.
Forgot to post this with my previous post. Looks like a bunch more chatter occurred while I was playing something to pass the 10+ minutes, but I'm going to go do other things for a while instead of reading it right now.

my name is capitayn catte: My cat got ill extremely suddenly this evening and unfortunately we had to have her put down.
My sympathies. :(

Bookwyrm627: Is there more than one vote on that wagon? If not, it isn't a wagon. Even two votes isn't particularly interesting; it's seeing what people do when three or more votes accrue that things get interesting and RVS breaks.
Pookina: Ironically, you would make for a pretty good wagon by this logic, don't you think?
Sure. At the moment it looks like I'm the only thing running. Observe who hops on, who hops off, and both when and why.

Microfish_1: 1) it was the game 58, where in one post you day-vigged ZFR and lunched Joe!
That was a fun reread. XD

Sadly, I don't see any way to line up that double tap when I've only got an IC and a bunch of vanilla to work with. If you have any ideas...

Microfish_1: 3) Huh. Interesting. I...realized I had misphrased my original question, so I will ask it as a follow-up. If you suspect Lift, for instance, of being scum (maybe not quite as far as a scum-read, but definitely a scum-lean), but this player is scum-hunting, would you follow his leads?
As long as he's actually scum hunting, then sure. If he's faking it, then no. Mafia don't typically actually hunt for scum for obvious reasons.
Bookwyrm627: Forgot to post this with my previous post. Looks like a bunch more chatter occurred while I was playing something to pass the 10+ minutes, but I'm going to go do other things for a while instead of reading it right now.
Games? Something else that's fun?

(i'm watching tv shows in the meantime between posts today)

Bookwyrm627: As long as he's actually scum hunting, then sure. If he's faking it, then no.
More serious question(re: the above quoted bit): How do you tell the difference? What methods do you use?
Bookwyrm627: Forgot to post this with my previous post. Looks like a bunch more chatter occurred while I was playing something to pass the 10+ minutes, but I'm going to go do other things for a while instead of reading it right now.
GymHenson: Games? Something else that's fun?
A game. Majesty.

Bookwyrm627: As long as he's actually scum hunting, then sure. If he's faking it, then no.
GymHenson: More serious question(re: the above quoted bit): How do you tell the difference? What methods do you use?
Pay attention to what someone is saying, whether it seems consistent, and gut feeling on whether they're genuine or bluffing.
It seems to read to me as GH got stuck in a bind and has no idea how to get back out of it by claiming stuff like his controversial post was a silly one, yet later claiming it was also to test reactions. Something feels like he's trying to wiggle his way out of a lynch? I don't know, but I'd like a definitive answer that I can buy.

Vote GymHenson
Lifthrasil: Weekend. I'm quite busy and mostly without internet. I'll contribute tomorrow again.
Yeah, probably should have mentioned this myself. I don't do weekends.
GymHenson: No? Ok then, i'll say it plain: I sometimes post posts to test people's reactions.

You can't have it both ways. You can't test reaction to your post if your post is not serious because reactions to non-serious posts are meaningless. If your post was not serious than what kind of reaction where you testing for? "lol" "haha" "very funny"?
That is actually a good point. GH suspecting Boowyrm early because of a RVS post looked, to me, like the usual GH quirkiness. His tunneling on ZFR while accusing ZFR of tunneling is also not unusual. But his defense against ZFR's questions starts to look more and more off and here ZFR caught him at an acual self-contradiction.

my name is capitayn catte: Guys, I think I might need to take a day off from the game. It's currently 05:20 and I just got back from an emergency vet. My cat got ill extremely suddenly this evening and unfortunately we had to have her put down.
I am very sorry to read that. Cats are wonderful family members and I can imagine that you miss her very much.

However, as sorry as I am, I won't remove my vote. Yes, useless posts are your forte. But not checking who is actually playing is ... lackluster. And that was before the cat emergency. I took your vote on Joe as just another joke. But in post 91 you admit, that you actually thought that Joe was playing. Meaning, that you never read the OP where all the players are listed. So for now my vote stays on you.
GymHenson: and if you turn out to be pulling an Nmillar(town tunneling on town) then I shall gladly have a slight chuckle from the sidelines should I get lynched.
Pot, have you met kettle?

On a serious note, I do agree that your opening gambit doesn't fit your usual play style. Others have mentioned that you usually do some sort of role play, but they seem to have missed that this game doesn't have any flavour, so there's not anything to role play ...