It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

nmillar: Based on current knowledge, there are likely 2 from each house, which does leave four that wouldn't belong. So there's either a house with an extra member gaining an unfair advantage, or there's something else going on ...
That's a really interesting hypothesis. It ties in with a ping I had early on D1. Would ZFR, the avowed "Everything is fluff and randomized. Randomized!" mod deliberately give each house the same number of players, thereby allowing this type of analysis?

Anyone up for a House-only mass-claim, to see where we end up at?
GymHenson: Trent being a goner wasn't so foregone a conclusion.....we had around 10 hours or so left to reach majority, so it's possible the day could've ended in nolynch had you not hammered and everyove had listened to my plea to give Trent time to reply.
Yet you didn't unvote ...
GymHenson: That said, you're saying scum would've been happy with 1 town dead(NK) instead of two as it is now(mislynch and NK).....really? In what world does that make a lick of sense?

I guess that answers the below for me:

gogtrial34987: So... how is that different from any other mislynch instance? Do you not hold with the common belief that a mislynch on D1 is preferable over nolynch, or ...?
GymHenson: Dunno how to answer this atm(head is aching due to a minor bump I sustained earlier IRL, and also not that good a player...even with me trying to do a bit better this game).
It does cast you moving to trent's wagon in a new light, though...
Ugh, I know I'm being more awful than normal. I'm sorry, I'm really struggling to summon up any enthusiasm right now.
nmillar: On to the accusations. GymHenson feels different in this game, and there's a fair few of his posts that seem really off. It may be that he's tunneling, but he's pinging my radar.
Lemme guess....scum team can't get town to mislynch me easily this game, so y'all have to get the ball rolling yourselves?

nmillar: I believe dedo is town. There's no reason why he would admit to being Slitherin otherwise, and yes, Joe was correct that this is what I was getting at, as I am also Slytherin. I know I'm town, so this makes dedo town for me too.
*Alarm Bells*

Op said it's all houses(all of Hogwarts) against the yanks, so house name very likely means jack and squat in this game.

So then why mention it and also "clear" dedo as town?

Is it because you're trying to pocket them perhaps?

nmillar: It's also interesting to see who voted after Trent claimed, as I think the scum in this game are from outside Hogwarts?
Yes, yanks....from the states....they are the scum team, as per the OP posts.

You should know this.

This is why if your wagon gets closer to lynch that lift's I will join in....heck, i'll likely even be willing to hammer if need be.

(After giving you a chance to claim in such a situation, of course)

nmillar: Yet you didn't unvote ...
I wanted to avoid nolynch, I warned everyone not to vote until Trent had replied, and: the next vote came in 7 or so minutes.

Even if I had felt someone might vote and hammer, and wanted to stall the wagon a bit longer, I had little choice once Lift rushed in and hammered.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Why do I feel so confident this game? Am I maybe on the right track in hunting scum? Time will tell...but I feel good about my hunches and good overall....so:

The Karate Kid tells it best in this little number, about how I feel atm
(Song starts at 30ish seconds)

To all players, two questions: What do y'all think of NMillar's bringing up of their house in the post I just now replied to, and about their musings on house? Seem suspicious or no?

Also, would town!NMillar really miss such details in the Op post of a game, in general?

@Gogtrial: I feel house is irrelevant fluff. That said i'd be willing to claim house for the heck of it, if you think it might somehow help.
gogtrial34987: It does cast you moving to trent's wagon in a new light, though...
If you could explain this post and what you meant a bit more I would appreciate it.

(Also if yer trying to say I am scum!GH going for easy lynches.....then you haven't been paying attention to the tells of my past games as scum)

(Also no, won't list em.....then I wouldn't be able to use em easily in future games where I am scum)

++++++++++++++

@Catte-Post 486: *Pic related* is for you
(I took 5 minutes to make it just for you :))
Attachments:
cattez.jpg (41 Kb)
gogtrial34987: That's a really interesting hypothesis. It ties in with a ping I had early on D1. Would ZFR, the avowed "Everything is fluff and randomized. Randomized!" mod deliberately give each house the same number of players, thereby allowing this type of analysis?

Anyone up for a House-only mass-claim, to see where we end up at?
I think it's too soon and may actually give scum hints than help town. So nope, I don't think it's a good idea.

Now about the Lift situation, I do think he hammered by mistake. But I think it's NAI.

In this game I'm actually quite surprised about GH, he's game is quite good, either very good scum like HSL or good town play. I haven't followed games after I haven't played, have we played before, you with a different name? Not much else for now, I will try to be more active the next days, I had much on my plate in the past few ones.
nmillar: On to the accusations. GymHenson feels different in this game, and there's a fair few of his posts that seem really off. It may be that he's tunneling, but he's pinging my radar.
GymHenson: Lemme guess....scum team can't get town to mislynch me easily this game, so y'all have to get the ball rolling yourselves?

nmillar: I believe dedo is town. There's no reason why he would admit to being Slitherin otherwise, and yes, Joe was correct that this is what I was getting at, as I am also Slytherin. I know I'm town, so this makes dedo town for me too.
GymHenson: *Alarm Bells*

Op said it's all houses(all of Hogwarts) against the yanks, so house name very likely means jack and squat in this game.

So then why mention it and also "clear" dedo as town?

Is it because you're trying to pocket them perhaps?

nmillar: It's also interesting to see who voted after Trent claimed, as I think the scum in this game are from outside Hogwarts?
GymHenson: Yes, yanks....from the states....they are the scum team, as per the OP posts.

You should know this.

This is why if your wagon gets closer to lynch that lift's I will join in....heck, i'll likely even be willing to hammer if need be.

(After giving you a chance to claim in such a situation, of course)

nmillar: Yet you didn't unvote ...
GymHenson: I wanted to avoid nolynch, I warned everyone not to vote until Trent had replied, and: the next vote came in 7 or so minutes.

Even if I had felt someone might vote and hammer, and wanted to stall the wagon a bit longer, I had little choice once Lift rushed in and hammered.

Why do I feel so confident this game? Am I maybe on the right track in hunting scum? Time will tell...but I feel good about my hunches and good overall....so:

The Karate Kid tells it best in this little number, about how I feel atm
(Song starts at 30ish seconds)

To all players, two questions: What do y'all think of NMillar's bringing up of their house in the post I just now replied to, and about their musings on house? Seem suspicious or no?

Also, would town!NMillar really miss such details in the Op post of a game, in general?

@Gogtrial: I feel house is irrelevant fluff. That said i'd be willing to claim house for the heck of it, if you think it might somehow help.
This is full of contradictions. Houses mean nothing because the scum team are Yanks? The Yanks are not members of any of the four houses!

In reference to your comment about missing stuff, I'm exclusively reading from my phone (on vacation as mentioned before the game even started), so moving backwards and forwards to check things is a little bit more awkward.
blotunga: In this game I'm actually quite surprised about GH, he's game is quite good, either very good scum like HSL or good town play. I haven't followed games after I haven't played, have we played before, you with a different name?
Well, I try to be a bit better every new game(if I remember to, that is).

Also it's my actual IRL birthday this month, so i'm trying to make this game memorable and make a good shot at playing this time in part because of that.

As per the question: check PM

+++++++++++++++++

As to the game/to all, IF (big if) I am somewhat or mostly right on my suspects list, scum are between a rock and a hard place I think:

either they NK me and draw attention to themselves re: my suspects list, or they let me live and I possibly hone in more on them and pick them off, one by one.

That said, if I am doing that well this game then that is a bonus to my birthday celebrations. :)
GymHenson: That said, if I am doing that well this game then that is a bonus to my birthday celebrations. :)
Quite ok, though I agree with nmillar that town normally should oppose such early claims. Or so I think.
nmillar: This is full of contradictions. Houses mean nothing because the scum team are Yanks? The Yanks are not members of any of the four houses!
What contradictions? Maybe you misread what I meant?

As I said: It is hogwarts vs the yanks from the states. The yanks wouldn't have a house, so they'd just make one up if everyone did house claims(as gogtrial suggested) or wanted to muse on houses of players(like you did).

So in effect, the house claim and musings is near pointless, in all likelihood.

(This is why i'd be ok with claiming house...as it's likely fluff due to the game setup)

nmillar: In reference to your comment about missing stuff, I'm exclusively reading from my phone (on vacation as mentioned before the game even started), so moving backwards and forwards to check things is a little bit more awkward.
I hear ya, vacation comes first and all...that said, a question: wouldn't you have more time to play the game on vacation?

(like while in your hotel/lodge/etc room for example)

+++++++++++++

@Blotunga-Post 492: If (as I feel, due to reading the setup carefully) the house info is as fluff as I feel it is, it would likely be ok to all mass claim it.

Also tbh i'm less wanting to mass claim house and more like: "eh, it's fluff, if everyone else wants to then whatevers"
GymHenson: I hear ya, vacation comes first and all...that said, a question: wouldn't you have more time to play the game on vacation?
Your turn to check the facts. ;)

Yesterday was spent climbing Mount Snowdon with my sisters, which took around 9 hours, including the drive there and back. Today we visited the town of Portmeirion (where the TV show, The Prisoner was filmed), which was a good six hours. Tomorrow it's the world's fastest zipline, which will be most of the morning taken up, followed by whatever my family decides to do in the afternoon.

I'm with my wife, 8 month old son, my two sisters and my parents, with my brother joining us (separate accommodation due to the new restrictions) and his daughter from Thursday, so no, not a lot of time to be participating, except for a little while in the evening before going to bed, and that really depends on how tiring the day's activities have been!

We're mooching around some of the local towns on Thursday, so will have some time in the evening to catch up, but we're off to Chester Zoo on Friday, so unlikely to be checking in until fairly late. No idea what the plans for the weekend are yet.
Vote Count

Lift 1 - GH
nmillar 1 - Lift
GH 1 - nmillar

Not voting - catte, phaolo, Micro, dedo, gogtrial, Vitek, blotunga

Lift, nmillar, GH are closest at L-5

10 players. Takes 6 to lynch.
Post edited September 22, 2020 by ZFR
nmillar: Your turn to check the facts. ;)

Yesterday was spent climbing Mount Snowdon with my sisters, which took around 9 hours, including the drive there and back. Today we visited the town of Portmeirion (where the TV show, The Prisoner was filmed), which was a good six hours. Tomorrow it's the world's fastest zipline, which will be most of the morning taken up, followed by whatever my family decides to do in the afternoon.

I'm with my wife, 8 month old son, my two sisters and my parents, with my brother joining us (separate accommodation due to the new restrictions) and his daughter from Thursday, so no, not a lot of time to be participating, except for a little while in the evening before going to bed, and that really depends on how tiring the day's activities have been!

We're mooching around some of the local towns on Thursday, so will have some time in the evening to catch up, but we're off to Chester Zoo on Friday, so unlikely to be checking in until fairly late. No idea what the plans for the weekend are yet.
Then maybe put them on mafia game duty? ;D

(Jokes aside, if it seemed I was doubting your IRL or similar I apologize if it came off as rude/etc. Also hope you enjoy yer vacation time with your family :))
Vitek: So where do you stand on him now?
Did you have him as scum leaning and now you are onto him or were you simply not paying attention to him and now you are?
I wasn't avoiding him, per se, but I was unwilling to lunch him yesterday. ToDay, I struggle as to whether or not to include his previous actions against him or for him, and have concluded that he is lunchable, though I'm not yet convinced that he is scum.

phaolo: It's the second time that he mentioned that he allowed me to live only in D1..
Feels a bit ominous
Not ominous, but one of the unwritten semi-rules on gog is that we let people who have not played with us before stay in the game through N1. This "new-player-immune-to-lunch" feature goes away at the start of D2. Essentially, I'm going to look just as hard as you as at the others. Assuming no Day-chat, if you were lucky enough to roll scum, your teammates coached you overNight.

I think houses are truly irrelevant fluff-balls.

I find NMillar's bringing it up suspicious, but I don't recall playing with nmillar before (I probably have but don't recall).

GymHenson: Well, I try to be a bit better every new game(if I remember to, that is).

Also it's my actual IRL birthday this month, so i'm trying to make this game memorable and make a good shot at playing this time in part because of that.
That said, if I am doing that well this game then that is a bonus to my birthday celebrations. :)
Admirable trait; I'm trying it myself (and mostly failing.)

Happy Birthday Month!

nmillar: Your turn to check the facts. ;)

Sounds like a wonderful time!! Have fun!

++++++++

I'm getting somewhat frustrated at @gogtrial for ignoring my questions.

vote gogtrial to get his attention (yes, i know this isn't a vote.) I've asked you now several times, why did you switch from Joe to Trent? I get that we now know they were both town, but back on Day 1, why did you switch? We both thought Joe scummy, but then all of a sudden you are pushing Trent. Please explain (in words of no more than 64 syllables to help this reader) what your reasoning was.

@catte In your 423
my name is magike catte: since i didn't Get a chance to say this before, I just wanted to Say: what the actual **** lift? Still i don't think a claim of vanilla would have saved him
Why the Capitalization? What are you trying to breadcrumb? I've given it a pass on 3 separate occasions and now i'm curious.
Are you scum without day-chat returning investigation results? a cop saying G(ymHenson) is Scum? Strawberry? Sandpaper? Syracuse (New York)? Salmon?