It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
BUG REPORTING: Please use http://mantis.gog.com

Always attach your logs when reporting bugs. You can find them at:
On Windows Vista or later: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On MacOSX: /Users/Shared/GOG.com/Galaxy/Logs

---

Hi, everyone!

The Galaxy team is hard at work to bring you the Client application that will let you manage your GOG.com games library more conveniently. We’d love for the initial release experience to be as smooth and streamlined as possible for everyone, but releasing an app of this scope is no easy feat.

But before we jump in and hand out the alpha Client, we’d like to set some ground rules.

1) The key word here is ‘alpha’, which means that this is not the final app and not all functionalities are present. The purpose of this test is to evaluate the core tech in the Client on a wider set of computer configurations than what we can locally test on, so only core features are included. Below I will post a detailed list of what is present and what we plan to add in future releases.

2) Alpha also means that you can encounter some unexpected issues. If you have a metered connection (a bandwidth cap or payments per bandwidth used) or you’re currently playing and can’t afford a loss of game time, this might not be for you. In other words, if you want to avoid potential problems with the alpha Client, simply wait for the final release.

3) Please, please, please refrain from posting screenshots, reviews or first impressions, both on our forums or elsewhere, as this is not the final product and many changes will still be made.

If you’ve read all of the above proceed to the signup page: http://www.gog.com/galaxy/alpha

We will be sending out invitations in batches (along with some more info on how to install the client and report bugs), so not everyone will receive one right away.
Post edited May 02, 2015 by Destro
high rated
Hi everyone,

we've released the 0.7 version a couple of minutes ago, here's the changelog:

- Back/Forward navigation in the Store section
- Import Folder - it is now possible to import a game which is not compatible with the client, by clicking the game in the Library section and choosing ‘Import Folder’ from the More dropdown
- Startup page option - it is now possible to decide if the client should start on LIBRARY page, STORE page, or continue previous session
- Search option - you can press enter in the search field to continue searching in the Store
- Option to Show Game Folder added to MORE menu
- New sidebar sorting options (sort by name)
- External links will now be forwarded to the system browser
- Wishlist option added to the LIBRARY menu
- Community option in the STORE menu
- Forum Replies option in the ACCOUNT menu
- Option to keep saves, when uninstalling a game
- Windows: starting the client when another instance is already running should now open the running instance (rather than displaying error message)
- Improved ‘Last Played’ information, which should now show the time of the user stopped playing the game, rather than started playing the game
- Fixed uninstallation issues on Windows
- Fixed an issue which prevented using Paypal, when buying a game
- Fixed an issue which prevented from displaying Terms and Agreements when registering new account
- Fixed some issues when installing and uninstalling DLCs
- Bugfix: client will now not allow dragging elements onto its window
- Fixed memory leaks, causing to crash the application when downloading lots of games
- Fixed a bug which was causing the client to crash on exit
- Fixed an issue, which sometimes caused the client to duplicate the news on game view
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
high rated
HOW TO IMPORT EXISTING GAMES INSTALLATIONS INTO GALAXY

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the "+" button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library, then click the More button and select "Manage" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
BKGaming: I assume you mean stop the downloading of the game? That feature isn't added yet, you must wait until done and then uninstall the game. There is no official way within the client, I'll just put it that way. ;)
That's really annoying, especially since it's easy to implement. Also if it's a large game i have to wait like hours literally before uninstalling and installing a new one... Also can't start downloading anything else before the first one is done. I can remove the files already downloaded of course, but I can't remove it from the client's list.
Post edited December 17, 2014 by blotunga
BKGaming: I assume you mean stop the downloading of the game? That feature isn't added yet, you must wait until done and then uninstall the game. There is no official way within the client, I'll just put it that way. ;)

Not all games are supported by Galaxy yet, games installed with newer standalone installers will be picked up by Galaxy when you start it, for games installed with older installers... go to the library and click install again. If the files are there Galaxy should only download what is needed. Note there is a bug with some games were Galaxy wants to download the entire game again.

The store page is not final, and is temporary... an embedded store will be added, and I would assume then you will have more options.
blotunga: That's really annoying, especially since it's easy to implement. Also if it's a large game i have to wait like hours literally before uninstalling and installing a new one... Also can't start downloading anything else before the first one is done.
My advise would be only install what you will play for now and only do one at a time when those you have going now finish. If you have enough space just leave them all installed. This is an alpha after all. There are ways to technically stop it, but I'm not going to explain how since it's pretty easy to break your Galaxy installation (which I have done).

If you have standalone installers use those, for most game they will cut down the download time a lot... if you have one for the game you are downloading that you don't want to wait for, you could try deleting the download from the downloads folder, installing via standalone installer then letting galaxy restart the download which should be smaller since the files are now there.

EDIT: For known games that re-download the entire game even if installed via standalone installer see issue #995
Post edited December 17, 2014 by BKGaming
BKGaming:
I was hoping that the Galaxy would cut down download time :/. Also standalone installers have the downside of occupying extra space and take time to unpack also. Especially in case of large games like Wasteland 2...
BKGaming:
blotunga: I was hoping that the Galaxy would cut down download time :/. Also standalone installers have the downside of occupying extra space and take time to unpack also. Especially in case of large games like Wasteland 2...
It might when it's done, but right now it doesn't even include game compression... so installers are far quicker to download.
anomaly: Nit-picking point, but games listed in the Library that have "The" in the the name are alphabetised differently in the games list on the left.

For example in my library I have "Chronicles of Riddick" near the beginning of my games list, since it starts with C. But when installed it comes under T for "The Chronicles of Riddick".

I don't think this is a Galaxy issue per se, since it could be how the game is named in different parts of the installation or something. It is just an inconsistency that could be easily cleared up... or maybe not - sometimes the smallest parts are the hardest to fix!
VanishedOne: If that's going to be looked at, I'd like to add that listing by title sometimes places series in the wrong order (ARMA 2 precedes ARMA: Cold War Assault in both the client's and the website's listing by title). Also, I don't think the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games are client-ready yet, but the website places them before Sacred.
The message I was given on my Library sorting issue was that it would be addressed in the next release, so right now it is wait and see. What I have to hope for now is that they expand the list of Galaxy compliant games and that the list includes the games that I have that belong to series so we can see if it does work.
I'm facing a reproducible issue with the client that causes it to crash if more than 15/16/1700MB (unable to pin down this figure) is downloaded in a single session. I'm already in contact with one of the GOG devs regarding this and plan to test the client on another machine but won't be able to do it within the next 12 hours. Thing is, I'm not sure how widespread the issue is, or if it's something specific to my build/configuration (too many variables to list). I have a 2mbps broadband connection and am apparently leaking about 500+ MB/hr. Perhaps people on fat pipes don't see it. The only crash on a BIG game I could locate is the one reported by OmegaX (post 296 in this thread).

So, if someone has the time... try downloading a big game, say Divinity 2 Dev. Cut (or anything >= 2GB), or a set of small games adding up to, say, 3GB and see if the client downloads and installs it successfully without crashing WITHIN a single session (don't restart the client). The only additional condition is that the client session should run for at least 6 hours and be downloading something all that time. So, throttle the connection if need be.

If someone else comes across this problem, I'll inform the dev. and raise the bug report.
Post edited December 18, 2014 by ksryn
ksryn: If someone else comes across this problem, I'll inform the dev. and raise the bug.
Do raise the bug, especially since it's reproducible. I did download ArmA 2 in a single session, and it is ~16GB. Line at about 10MB, but it still took a few hours to download.
ksryn: If someone else comes across this problem, I'll inform the dev. and raise the bug.
JMich: Do raise the bug, especially since it's reproducible.
I shall. But I'm going to give it 24 hours. Testing the client on the other machine (completely different hardware config) should give me a better idea. Just wanted to see if someone else has encountered this issue under the conditions that I specified.
ksryn: I shall. But I'm going to give it 24 hours. Testing the client on the other machine (completely different hardware config) should give me a better idea. Just wanted to see if someone else has encountered this issue under the conditions that I specified.
It's possible that it's a memory leak that's causing it, and you may have a bit more info in the event viewer. May also be totally unrelated though.
JMich: Do raise the bug, especially since it's reproducible. I did download ArmA 2 in a single session, and it is ~16GB. Line at about 10MB, but it still took a few hours to download.
Can confirm. I also downloaded the same game at 16 GB on version 0.2.0.626 without issue.
JMich: It's possible that it's a memory leak that's causing it
It's definitely a memory leak, at least on my system. I have noted private working set values from the task manager in excess of 1,700,000K for the GalaxyClient. Couldn't record the exact value before the crash.
JMich: Do raise the bug, especially since it's reproducible. I did download ArmA 2 in a single session, and it is ~16GB. Line at about 10MB, but it still took a few hours to download.
BKGaming: Can confirm. I also downloaded the same game at 16 GB on version 0.2.0.626 without issue.
How long did the session last? I'm assuming no client restarts. And your broadband connection speed?
Post edited December 18, 2014 by ksryn
JMich: It's possible that it's a memory leak that's causing it
ksryn: It's definitely a memory leak, at least on my system. I have noted private working set values from the task manager in excess of 1,700,000K for the GalaxyClient. Couldn't record the exact value before the crash.
BKGaming: Can confirm. I also downloaded the same game at 16 GB on version 0.2.0.626 without issue.
ksryn: How long did the session last? I'm assuming no client restarts. And your broadband connection speed?
Erm, it probably took an hour or two, and as far as I know the client never restarted. This was on a Comcast connection, not sure of the speed, as this was done at a relatives house so not my normal connection.
BKGaming: Erm, it probably took an hour or two, and as far as I know the client never restarted.
The reason I'm asking is, I think the leak is limited to 400-500MB/hr. It should reach the 2GB 32-bit app limit in 4-5hours. Perhaps, that's why it hasn't come up earlier (people download and close the client before the crash). I'm continuing the divinity 2 dc download from 13% and over the last 100 minutes the PWS has moved from 30,000K to 750,000K. I'm 100% certain the client will crash something within the next 3-4 hours.
BKGaming: Erm, it probably took an hour or two, and as far as I know the client never restarted.
ksryn: The reason I'm asking is, I think the leak is limited to 400-500MB/hr. It should reach the 2GB 32-bit app limit in 4-5hours. Perhaps, that's why it hasn't come up earlier (people download and close the client before the crash). I'm continuing the divinity 2 dc download from 13% and over the last 100 minutes the PWS has moved from 30,000K to 750,000K. I'm 100% certain the client will crash something within the next 3-4 hours.
Then yea the best bet is to let them know what your doing and what you have experienced in a bug report on Mantis. ;)
omega64: Downloading the games isn't a core functionality?
Edit, the upcoming features list seems to state downloading standalone installers and bonus content. Which made me wonder whether is just one big package right now or whether the bonus content isn't included yet at all.
Fallen_Zen: You cannot yet download standalone installers, DLCs or bonus content but this will be added later.
In the final version, if you download a standalone installer, will it still be marked as 'installed' and launchable through Galaxy?