It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
BUG REPORTING: Please use http://mantis.gog.com

Always attach your logs when reporting bugs. You can find them at:
On Windows Vista or later: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On MacOSX: /Users/Shared/GOG.com/Galaxy/Logs

---

Hi, everyone!

The Galaxy team is hard at work to bring you the Client application that will let you manage your GOG.com games library more conveniently. We’d love for the initial release experience to be as smooth and streamlined as possible for everyone, but releasing an app of this scope is no easy feat.

But before we jump in and hand out the alpha Client, we’d like to set some ground rules.

1) The key word here is ‘alpha’, which means that this is not the final app and not all functionalities are present. The purpose of this test is to evaluate the core tech in the Client on a wider set of computer configurations than what we can locally test on, so only core features are included. Below I will post a detailed list of what is present and what we plan to add in future releases.

2) Alpha also means that you can encounter some unexpected issues. If you have a metered connection (a bandwidth cap or payments per bandwidth used) or you’re currently playing and can’t afford a loss of game time, this might not be for you. In other words, if you want to avoid potential problems with the alpha Client, simply wait for the final release.

3) Please, please, please refrain from posting screenshots, reviews or first impressions, both on our forums or elsewhere, as this is not the final product and many changes will still be made.

If you’ve read all of the above proceed to the signup page: http://www.gog.com/galaxy/alpha

We will be sending out invitations in batches (along with some more info on how to install the client and report bugs), so not everyone will receive one right away.
Post edited May 02, 2015 by Destro
high rated
Hi everyone,

we've released the 0.7 version a couple of minutes ago, here's the changelog:

- Back/Forward navigation in the Store section
- Import Folder - it is now possible to import a game which is not compatible with the client, by clicking the game in the Library section and choosing ‘Import Folder’ from the More dropdown
- Startup page option - it is now possible to decide if the client should start on LIBRARY page, STORE page, or continue previous session
- Search option - you can press enter in the search field to continue searching in the Store
- Option to Show Game Folder added to MORE menu
- New sidebar sorting options (sort by name)
- External links will now be forwarded to the system browser
- Wishlist option added to the LIBRARY menu
- Community option in the STORE menu
- Forum Replies option in the ACCOUNT menu
- Option to keep saves, when uninstalling a game
- Windows: starting the client when another instance is already running should now open the running instance (rather than displaying error message)
- Improved ‘Last Played’ information, which should now show the time of the user stopped playing the game, rather than started playing the game
- Fixed uninstallation issues on Windows
- Fixed an issue which prevented using Paypal, when buying a game
- Fixed an issue which prevented from displaying Terms and Agreements when registering new account
- Fixed some issues when installing and uninstalling DLCs
- Bugfix: client will now not allow dragging elements onto its window
- Fixed memory leaks, causing to crash the application when downloading lots of games
- Fixed a bug which was causing the client to crash on exit
- Fixed an issue, which sometimes caused the client to duplicate the news on game view
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
high rated
HOW TO IMPORT EXISTING GAMES INSTALLATIONS INTO GALAXY

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the "+" button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library, then click the More button and select "Manage" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
shade: My username is normally entirely in lowercase, but in the right upper corner of the client, it's entirely written in uppercase.
Lower case was banned by a cartel of "designers" several years ago. It's too damned hard for them to chisel on their tablets.
you guys should run the client in 800x600 full screen. it looks awkward :)

[basically, you can't see the right-most game easily at all.]
lostwolfe: you guys should run the client in 800x600 full screen. it looks awkward :)
Bah, it's not like any GAMES that GOG sells run at a resolution that low... oh wait!
I'm happy to be a part of the beta but for some reason when I try to run the installer nothing happens. Is anyone else having this issue?

Edit: I found the Solution. I right clicked the installer and clicked properties. On the bottom of the properties window it said something along the lines of "This program was downloaded from another computer and may have been blocked, would you like to unblock it?" I clicked unblock and tried the installer again. BOOM it worked.

In case it matters I'm running windows vista.
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Devil_Man_X
jsdratm: My Galaxy Client stopped being able to connect or log in so I uninstalled it with hopes of installing the latest version, but then I realized I don't have the key anymore. Is it possible to get it resent or something? :(
misteryo: Check your library shelf. Does it not contain the Galaxy Client? That is how I was able to reinstall.
Oh you're right, thanks! :D
Venom: - Import Folder - it is now possible to import a game which is not compatible with the client, by clicking the game in the Library section and choosing ‘Import Folder’ from the More dropdown
I randomly happened across that and came here to say thanks. ;) Will there be an option to set the "default" folder so I don't have to go searching each time for GOG games? (Is that something I should request in Mantis?)

Keep up the good work guys! Hope the auto-updating feature means people will feel better about buying games here day #1 (ie, getting patches within minutes or hours of Steam). :)
Just one question before I consider downloading Galaxy, can you tell it (Galaxy) to only download between specific times?
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Moonbeam
Minor Bug Report: Apparently the 3 versions each of X-Wing and TIE Fighter do not have images associated with them in GoG.

So when you download one and it's in your library, instead of an image, you just see a rotating "image loading" icon forever, which is kind of annoying.

Also, I would love having a way to sort my library titles in the left hand column by name instead of last played.
How long does it take to get accepted into the beta?
Awesome, I'm excited.
excalibunny: How long does it take to get accepted into the beta?
actually it is an alpha.
and i got an invite today, but subscirbed for the invitation when gog galaxy was announced.
Also i think i only got the invitation because i own some games which were switched from
a temporary launcher to the galaxy client.
So, i think perhaps no new invitations will be made (perhaps when the beta starts, but who knows) except there are changes with the games you own.
Not a bug but a feature request. Installing games seems to be pretty effortless and so far I'm having no problems. I really wish that it had some sort of notification as to the space a game requires before I install it though. Many of these games will be fairly small but not all will. A notification would let me see how much space I am going to use before I use it.
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Devil_Man_X
Ooooohmygoobers, this is so amazingly awesome! Currently in the process of importing all my games, which is going nice and smooth. I like the look of the client, especially the library view. Really looking forward to more of the features getting implemented, especially auto-updating, achievements, and the social stuff.

I'd definitely like to add my vote for having the ability to pause/resume downloads, as well as having a more obvious Abort/Cancel button. Pre-install info/options (hard drive space used, approximate download time, create desktop icon) would also be really nice.

Keep up the great work!
So far so good. The missing features aren't too much of a problem, specially when I know they've being worked on (such as the back and forward buttons).

I would like to see some basic info about the game before downloading it, though. Such as system requirements, not just hard drive, I'd like to see if the game will run on my laptop before downloading.

I'd also like an option to sort the library by release date, but that's just me, I just like to be able to point at the older games more easily.
Anyone else having issues downloading the client itself? Hitting the download button seems unresponsive on every browser I've tried.