It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
BUG REPORTING: Please use http://mantis.gog.com

Always attach your logs when reporting bugs. You can find them at:
On Windows Vista or later: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On MacOSX: /Users/Shared/GOG.com/Galaxy/Logs

---

Hi, everyone!

The Galaxy team is hard at work to bring you the Client application that will let you manage your GOG.com games library more conveniently. We’d love for the initial release experience to be as smooth and streamlined as possible for everyone, but releasing an app of this scope is no easy feat.

But before we jump in and hand out the alpha Client, we’d like to set some ground rules.

1) The key word here is ‘alpha’, which means that this is not the final app and not all functionalities are present. The purpose of this test is to evaluate the core tech in the Client on a wider set of computer configurations than what we can locally test on, so only core features are included. Below I will post a detailed list of what is present and what we plan to add in future releases.

2) Alpha also means that you can encounter some unexpected issues. If you have a metered connection (a bandwidth cap or payments per bandwidth used) or you’re currently playing and can’t afford a loss of game time, this might not be for you. In other words, if you want to avoid potential problems with the alpha Client, simply wait for the final release.

3) Please, please, please refrain from posting screenshots, reviews or first impressions, both on our forums or elsewhere, as this is not the final product and many changes will still be made.

If you’ve read all of the above proceed to the signup page: http://www.gog.com/galaxy/alpha

We will be sending out invitations in batches (along with some more info on how to install the client and report bugs), so not everyone will receive one right away.
Post edited May 02, 2015 by Destro
high rated
Hi everyone,

we've released the 0.7 version a couple of minutes ago, here's the changelog:

- Back/Forward navigation in the Store section
- Import Folder - it is now possible to import a game which is not compatible with the client, by clicking the game in the Library section and choosing ‘Import Folder’ from the More dropdown
- Startup page option - it is now possible to decide if the client should start on LIBRARY page, STORE page, or continue previous session
- Search option - you can press enter in the search field to continue searching in the Store
- Option to Show Game Folder added to MORE menu
- New sidebar sorting options (sort by name)
- External links will now be forwarded to the system browser
- Wishlist option added to the LIBRARY menu
- Community option in the STORE menu
- Forum Replies option in the ACCOUNT menu
- Option to keep saves, when uninstalling a game
- Windows: starting the client when another instance is already running should now open the running instance (rather than displaying error message)
- Improved ‘Last Played’ information, which should now show the time of the user stopped playing the game, rather than started playing the game
- Fixed uninstallation issues on Windows
- Fixed an issue which prevented using Paypal, when buying a game
- Fixed an issue which prevented from displaying Terms and Agreements when registering new account
- Fixed some issues when installing and uninstalling DLCs
- Bugfix: client will now not allow dragging elements onto its window
- Fixed memory leaks, causing to crash the application when downloading lots of games
- Fixed a bug which was causing the client to crash on exit
- Fixed an issue, which sometimes caused the client to duplicate the news on game view
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
high rated
HOW TO IMPORT EXISTING GAMES INSTALLATIONS INTO GALAXY

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the "+" button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library, then click the More button and select "Manage" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
I'm having am issue with the galaxy client now.

I've installed pillars of eternity using the downloadable installer (the galaxy client was having some issues to start the download of the game in my flaky internet connection, so I use the standard installed). I started a new game, and saved if after playing for some minutes.

Later I opened the galaxy client, and it picked up the installation of the game, and did some small update (around 128Mb). After that, whenever I enter the game, I cannot load the saved game (In the main menu the option says "Loading" with a spinning gear next to it ), nor do a new save. I tried starting a new game, and I cannot save.

So, it seems that somehow the game installation got corrupted. I've also tried to repair the game from the galaxy client, with the same result. Any ideas on how can I fix this?

Update: I already fixed the issue, it was not caused by galaxy, but it was a permissions problem. Sorry for the inconvenience

Thanks
Post edited April 01, 2015 by gfbett
Does anyone else have games that stick around 99% for hours on end?

I left Theme Park overnight and it was still installing 6 hours later when I got up. I'd maybe excuse that for a game the size of Ether One or The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, but Theme Park? :-o
icel: Hey!

I'm a Galaxy alpha tester. On Thursday I tried installing the game with the Galaxy client, but couldn't.

After trying to download the game about 4 times, eventually I succeeded in getting all the files, but the client wouldn't install. So I installed the .exe manually. It was successfully.

Unfortunately, the client wouldn't recognize a GOG game that was installed that way.

Is there a way of making the Galaxy client register the game, without removing it?

Thank you.
Destro: Could you please upload your logs, together with a bit more detailed description / steps to reproduce the problem, as a ticket to http://mantis.gog.com? It's virtually impossible to say what was wrong what was the cause of your problems without looking deeper into it - it can be connection issues, it can be Client bug and it can be specific game not being compatible with the Client...

Would be good if you could try installing few more games using INSTALL button, noting down what went wrong / what kind of issues were you experiencing and uploading these logs as well (if you have any troubles with downloading games using out website, please do note it in mantis as well)
No problem. Where are the log saved, or how do I get them?
icel: No problem. Where are the log saved, or how do I get them?
It depends on the operating system:
On Windows Vista or later: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
there are some games missing in the library galaxy shows 57 but gog homepage 66 games .
raivo9n: there are some games missing in the library galaxy shows 57 but gog homepage 66 games .
Not all GOG games are currently compatible with the client.
Hey there, been playing about with the Galaxy Client, and so far so good.

So far I've had two issues, which for some reason got fixed without needing to do anything...

The first issue was with broken installers. Gabriel Knight 20th Anniversary would download but would end up having a broken installer. After downloading and uninstalling over and over again, after about six or seven times it eventually downloaded without having a broken installer.

The next issue was viewing my games that I haven't installed yet. The first page would load up fine, but the next page would just show a blank screen, even if I changed the filter. However after closing it down and running it again, the second, third, and whatever page would load up fine.

There's a few hick-ups there, but I honestly don't know how they rectified themselves... :/
I have found errors installing games with 0.5.0.737 as well (error capture in Mantis).

The worst part is when I tried to download the games - tested with Shadow Warrior (new version) and Divine Divinity all I got was my hard drive making some dog-awful noises until I cancelled the installation. I have no idea what that was all about. As I said, error has been reported, but has anyone else had this problem?
Hi everyone,

we've release a new version of Galaxy Client. In the 0.6 release you can find:
- support for games installed outside of Galaxy Client (click the "+" to scan for installed games)
- Windows: app minimises to system tray when window is closed
- auto start with OS start option was added new Client installers
- UI changes (access to Store and Library moved to top navigation, game Settings and Downloads are now part of game's MORE button)
- numerous small bug fixes and improvements

Update is available for now only via our auto update system. Just restart the Galaxy Client to get the new version.
Post edited April 01, 2015 by Destro
Would it be possible to add a change list to the Galaxy client? If I understand correctly this thread is the place to look for new updates, but it would be nice to be able to see a list of updates immediately after receiving an update.
Thanks for the update Venom. I'm trying it out, and I've noticed something. There's a feature to know scan and import game you've installed from before. However it hasn't put every game in there. Plus it's struggling to put Akalabeth: World of Doom 98 Edition on the list as all I see is a greyed out icon with an animated loading icon on it.

It appears that it doesn't like to import more games as it's trying to import a game as it just hangs, and displays a loading icon right of the search bar. It spins my HDD, but I don't see any results. I'm going to assume that because of Akalabeth: World of Doom 98 Edition struggling to become an icon on the client, it won't show any more games that I have previously installed from installers.

Plus, was it intentional that the "Last played" timers get reset in the update? Mainly because I noticed that when I installed the update.
Galaxy updated without any problems, sadly The Rise of the Triad offline installer does not come with all necessary files, thus still not visible in my library.. We have to wait for proper game update I guess.

Instead Galaxy client found and added to my library, The Witcher Adventure Game (beta) which I forgot to uninstall. Now I'm able to download offline installer from context menu again. No worries though, it's still beta installer. I just had to try before posting, I belive you may want to fix it. Already reported on mantis.
Post edited April 01, 2015 by mike_cesara
On the whole I like the interface changes, but I think navigating between activity/settings/downloads pages was more convenient in the previous version. The links are hidden away a bit now, in a drop-down menu that seems to get everything and the kitchen sink thrown into it.
VanishedOne: On the whole I like the interface changes, but I think navigating between activity/settings/downloads pages was more convenient in the previous version.
The current setup comes from the fact that the top-most navigation of the Client should really be top-most rather than half of it changing depending on what you've clicked on or where you've landed (it's not really obvious that clicking on a news from the installed game page will load... store menu).

This is definitely not the final-final iteration (we're still lacking back/forward navigation just to name a few improvements due) and in future we'll be adding shortcut(s) to make it easier and faster to access settings and download sections without having to resort to "MORE" button.

All in all, we'll be definitely keep looking into this further. Thank you for the feedback!

Arael: Would it be possible to add a change list to the Galaxy client?
Definitely possible and planned, but cannot promise an exact ETA.
Post edited April 02, 2015 by Destro
VanishedOne: On the whole I like the interface changes, but I think navigating between activity/settings/downloads pages was more convenient in the previous version.
Destro: The current setup comes from the fact that the top-most navigation of the Client should really be top-most rather than changing depending on what you've clicked on or where you've landed (it's not really obvious that clicking some news on the installed game section will load... store menu?).

This is definitely not the final-final iteration (we're still lacking back/forward navigation just to name a few improvements due) and in future we'll be adding shortcut(s) to make it easier and faster to access settings and download sections without having to resort to the "MORE". All in all, we'll be definitely keep looking into this further. Thank you for the feedback!
The way the achievements are displayed is not final is it? Looking at The Witcher Adventure Game... clicking show for the achievements just drops a big list achievements. This isn't very efficient

I rather achievements be shown all the time in their own table horizontally with maybe right and left arrows with like 6 or something shown at a time. Earned achievements should be colored and unearned ones grayed out.

Regardless glad to see those are being added now, hope to see more games getting achievements soon. :)

PS: Galaxy also seems to be downloading really slow for me today.