It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
BUG REPORTING: Please use http://mantis.gog.com

Always attach your logs when reporting bugs. You can find them at:
On Windows Vista or later: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On MacOSX: /Users/Shared/GOG.com/Galaxy/Logs

---

Hi, everyone!

The Galaxy team is hard at work to bring you the Client application that will let you manage your GOG.com games library more conveniently. We’d love for the initial release experience to be as smooth and streamlined as possible for everyone, but releasing an app of this scope is no easy feat.

But before we jump in and hand out the alpha Client, we’d like to set some ground rules.

1) The key word here is ‘alpha’, which means that this is not the final app and not all functionalities are present. The purpose of this test is to evaluate the core tech in the Client on a wider set of computer configurations than what we can locally test on, so only core features are included. Below I will post a detailed list of what is present and what we plan to add in future releases.

2) Alpha also means that you can encounter some unexpected issues. If you have a metered connection (a bandwidth cap or payments per bandwidth used) or you’re currently playing and can’t afford a loss of game time, this might not be for you. In other words, if you want to avoid potential problems with the alpha Client, simply wait for the final release.

3) Please, please, please refrain from posting screenshots, reviews or first impressions, both on our forums or elsewhere, as this is not the final product and many changes will still be made.

If you’ve read all of the above proceed to the signup page: http://www.gog.com/galaxy/alpha

We will be sending out invitations in batches (along with some more info on how to install the client and report bugs), so not everyone will receive one right away.
Post edited May 02, 2015 by Destro
high rated
Hi everyone,

we've released the 0.7 version a couple of minutes ago, here's the changelog:

- Back/Forward navigation in the Store section
- Import Folder - it is now possible to import a game which is not compatible with the client, by clicking the game in the Library section and choosing ‘Import Folder’ from the More dropdown
- Startup page option - it is now possible to decide if the client should start on LIBRARY page, STORE page, or continue previous session
- Search option - you can press enter in the search field to continue searching in the Store
- Option to Show Game Folder added to MORE menu
- New sidebar sorting options (sort by name)
- External links will now be forwarded to the system browser
- Wishlist option added to the LIBRARY menu
- Community option in the STORE menu
- Forum Replies option in the ACCOUNT menu
- Option to keep saves, when uninstalling a game
- Windows: starting the client when another instance is already running should now open the running instance (rather than displaying error message)
- Improved ‘Last Played’ information, which should now show the time of the user stopped playing the game, rather than started playing the game
- Fixed uninstallation issues on Windows
- Fixed an issue which prevented using Paypal, when buying a game
- Fixed an issue which prevented from displaying Terms and Agreements when registering new account
- Fixed some issues when installing and uninstalling DLCs
- Bugfix: client will now not allow dragging elements onto its window
- Fixed memory leaks, causing to crash the application when downloading lots of games
- Fixed a bug which was causing the client to crash on exit
- Fixed an issue, which sometimes caused the client to duplicate the news on game view
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
high rated
HOW TO IMPORT EXISTING GAMES INSTALLATIONS INTO GALAXY

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the "+" button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library, then click the More button and select "Manage" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.
Post edited May 01, 2015 by Destro
apehater: this invite friends stuff is planned to replace the pm system?
I don't think so. As far as i know friends function is tied to Galaxy, which is optional. Besides that, many of us still want to use pm.
I don't think it's worth making a new thread so I'll ask here,
is there a way to search for a specific user's profile?
I have a friend that has never posted on the forums and I would like to add them to my friends list, but the only way to do that is by hovering over their avatar.
Got the beta and tested it.

At first, my internet connection is not the fastest and sadly not the most stable of the world.
At the moment i can download with around 0,5mb/s and when i tried to download the normal installfiles from GoG i often got damaged files.

And because it seems that it is possible to download an offline installer with galaxy - lets give it a try. Maybe it works as good as a "normal" downloadmanager that is watching out that the files are healthy.

I see 2 problems.
The first is, Galaxy will allways use full download speed. But if i want to run a downloader in the background i want to restrickt its use of bandwith.
The second is a major one for me. Galaxy strongly slows down my internet connection. Even if i restrict it to 1 connection it takes nearly one min to load the gog main page for example. It is just a matter of seconds without galaxy downloading.
Galaxy is opening many many connections as if it would work with P2P.

The only client i know that is slowing down my connection that much is the Warthunderclient.

So whats going on here?
Sorry, but if some functionality of the site is only available in GOG Galaxy, it is no longer true that this software is "optional".
DreamedArtist: I have a quick question for everyone using the alpha/beta of galaxy, Is there a way to shut the program down when exiting it out like any other program? when I close it down it does not shut down at all and just minimizes to my icons area.

Does anyone know a way shut this thing down without going to alt control delete end process method?

any help would be great thank you! ^_^
Lodium: If you are using windows
right click the icon, there should be two choices Exit and Open
click exit.
no option at all just says gog galaxy
pin to start menu
close window

and the x at the top right of the screen and when I do any of those it just minimizes the screen to the icons area so I can later re open it from the bottom right side of the screen on windows 7 home premium 64bit

it's odd cause every method some of you are saying does not exist here I can post a screencap of a few things to show but you will see what I mean here are the screens.
Attachments:
screen_1.jpg (486 Kb)
screen_2.jpg (487 Kb)
screen_3.jpg (484 Kb)
screen_4.jpg (455 Kb)
Lodium: If you are using windows
right click the icon, there should be two choices Exit and Open
click exit.
DreamedArtist: no option at all just says gog galaxy
pin to start menu
close window

and the x at the top right of the screen and when I do any of those it just minimizes the screen to the icons area so I can later re open it from the bottom right side of the screen on windows 7 home premium 64bit

it's odd cause every method some of you are saying does not exist here I can post a screencap of a few things to show but you will see what I mean here are the screens.
What the other person meant by "the icon" is that thing you highlighted in your second screenshot. Right-click this and select exit.
Otherwise no, there does not seem to be an option to shutdown the program by simply clicking the x.
DreamedArtist: no option at all just says gog galaxy
pin to start menu
close window

DrKat: What the other person meant by "the icon" is that thing you highlighted in your second screenshot. Right-click this and select exit.
Otherwise no, there does not seem to be an option to shutdown the program by simply clicking the x.
HOLY SHIT! you can right click that???? it worked! HAHA! that is an annoying way to shut it down...

well Thanks now I know how to shut this down when I don't need it on. ^_^

pfft me thinking right click was not an option on that menu..... I feel so dumb now
WARNING!!! Dont add Baldur's Gate if you are using the BG Trilogy. It is removing everything.
coffeecup: Sorry, but if some functionality of the site is only available in GOG Galaxy, it is no longer true that this software is "optional".
welcome back mr "gog is dead". tell us please: what features that gog promised to offer on the website or offered in the past on their website were taken away from you and exclusively added to galaxy, making it no longer optional for you as of today?

if such features do not exist and you purely talk about galaxy showing something that the website doesnt, then following this brilliant logic you can also claim that client is not optional because galaxy offers auto updating or ability to launch games from your hard drive.
Little update to my post the side before.

Galaxy is influencing my connection that strong that galaxy is loosing the connection to GOG and and is not able anymore to use online features when i download the offline installer file.

In other words, not useable for me.
I've experienced some serious loss of download speed when downloading some games via the download extras. It's not doing that with all games, just some of them : broken age, aarklash legacy,... I need to test the rest of my library.

I will report it by a mantis ticket later, but I would just like to know if someone else has an inconsistent connection and some loss, and even cut, of download speed when they download the standalone version of certain games by Galaxy ?

EDIT : RandomuserUser833 seems to have something like this, someone else ?
I have to add that I have an excellent connection...
Post edited May 06, 2015 by MacArthur
Sorry if this is answered elsewhere, but search is giving me a 500 Error right now.

I'm on a Mac using the Galaxy client - some of my games (notably Leisure Suit Larry games) that are available for Mac don't show up as being available to install. Is it just that all of the games are not available yet? They do show up if I set the filter to PC games (and they don't show 'not currently available'), so I have to assume they've been made compatible with Galaxy.

Thanks!
coffeecup: Sorry, but if some functionality of the site is only available in GOG Galaxy, it is no longer true that this software is "optional".
d2t: welcome back mr "gog is dead". tell us please: what features that gog promised to offer on the website or offered in the past on their website were taken away from you and exclusively added to galaxy, making it no longer optional for you as of today?
I don't trust the promise that the client will be optional for launching the games, especially because that the "optional" is being used like a monstrance like the kind of thing that regional pricing will not be introduced to GOG. Alongside the dawn of regional pricing and localization some games were removed for some regions.

On the web site, the game shelf is broken, if you own too many games, there are countless threads about this topic (mostly manual sorting). This heated up due the prepping the games for Galaxy (aka unbundling).

There are talks that the friend system won't be available for the web pages.

MacArthur: I've experienced some serious loss of download speed when downloading some games via the download extras. It's not doing that with all games, just some of them : broken age, aarklash legacy,... I need to test the rest of my library.

I will report it by a mantis ticket later, but I would just like to know if someone else has an inconsistent connection and some loss, and even cut, of download speed when they download the standalone version of certain games by Galaxy ?

EDIT : RandomuserUser833 seems to have something like this, someone else ?
I have to add that I have an excellent connection...
I don't think that it has anything to do with the quality of the internet connection.
I usually got some packed loss because of old cables, but thats all.

It seems that galaxy is opening to many connections when downloading offline installer.
This might kill an internet connection. I'm not shure if it has to do with security software that is monitoring the connection or with whatever else.

I use Eset Nod32 and the Comodo Firewall.
It seems like I have to reopen Friends window everytime to see recently added people on the list.

Already reported