It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Update 1.2 brings Universal Cloud Saves, the option to fully customize the Client to your needs, and much more!

NOTICE: The update is now live for everyone. Make sure to check it out and tell us what you think!

GOG Galaxy, our gamer-friendly Client, is coming out of beta with a major new update that greatly improves and enriches the user experience by introducing many long-awaited features. Let's take a closer look at some of them:

The highlight of Update 1.2 is, of course, the Universal Cloud Saves. This new feature makes it possible to add cloud saving functionality not only to new games but also to titles that never offered cloud saving before. Thanks to this, excellent games like Planescape: Torment, Heroes of Might & Magic® III, or Vampire®: the Masquerade - Bloodlines gain the benefits of saves syncing and cloud backup for the first time ever. Of course, if you prefer to keep your precious saves close at hand, your data is still saved locally for you to use, while GOG Galaxy also lets you download a backup of your saves at any time.

This huge Update introduces the option to customize the Client to your needs by selecting which features you want to use. In addition, there is a brand new hibernate mode that cuts down on Client CPU usage while playing a game and saves resources as well as battery life when idling in the background. We also went through the GOG Galaxy community wishlist and packed Update 1.2 with some of the most-requested features, including bandwidth limiting and scheduling, FPS counter, screenshot capturing, a sleek in-game overlay, achievement rarity, desktop and in-game notifications system, a new chat, and more!

The GOG Galaxy Update 1.2 is now available for all users. To download GOG Galaxy or see what’s new and improved visit <span class="bold">GOG.com/Galaxy</span>.
If you run into any issues, feel free to submit them <span class="bold">here</span>.
high rated
Linux support?
God news. I tried Galaxy when it first came out, and removed it again fairly quickly - can’t remember why, I suspect it was something to do with “achievements” (which I dislike) or some other feature that felt like it was nagging and couldn’t be disabled. So I went back to my favourite download-and-install system. The new saves feature isn’t quite enough to make me use a client, but it is a step in the right direction.
Ok. So now I am curious to see if HOMM3 will reach the second bestseller spot it deserves.
p3rox: I'm not receiving update yet
Did you opt for the testing proccess? If not then you will get the update sometime in April. It is all written above in the write up about it.
MarkoH01: [...]
BUT unfortunately much of it simply is not true, not working or simply now missing. I really wonder why GOG is absent in this thread to comment on the things said here.
Impaler26: Well, did you really expect Galaxy to work properly as advertised in the OP? We're talking about GOG. ;)

For me there's still no reason to use Galaxy even if those bugs and missing features get fixed one day. I just hope that it will really stay optional.
I guess I am just too optimistic and you know what they say about hope ...
Johny.: If you'll play offline - Galaxy Client will sync your saves later when you're online.
You can just download your cloud saves as a backup to a single folder - as an additional feature.
MarkoH01: Does this mean that no matter if you are offline or online the game will be saved in the regular (game assigned) folder as well?
Game saves will stay in the game assigned folder. Those files are "just" (pretty complicated stuff here) synchronized with the cloud. Also, if you play on another machine

As for the saves backup download - you can download them e.g. along with installers to have your own backup bundle for later offline installation. :)
bhrigu: But regarding cloud saves, I feel, one important feature to implement would be to have an interface to browse and manually manage and delete the savefiles stored on the cloud specific to individual games.
I think this is an important point.
In the past I had some problem with cloud saves in steam (with savegames and video/control configuration files) and an option like that could have saved me a lot of time.
high rated
MarkoH01: Does this mean that no matter if you are offline or online the game will be saved in the regular (game assigned) folder as well?
Johny.: Game saves will stay in the game assigned folder. Those files are "just" (pretty complicated stuff here) synchronized with the cloud. Also, if you play on another machine

As for the saves backup download - you can download them e.g. along with installers to have your own backup bundle for later offline installation. :)
That suddenly makes sense. I still say these new features are useless to me because there's no Linux version though. Can we get an update on how that's coming, please?
high rated
Johny.: Game saves will stay in the game assigned folder.
Jemolk: That suddenly makes sense. I still say these new features are useless to me because there's no Linux version though. Can we get an update on how that's coming, please?
Or at least an explanation, why you can't give any concrete update? That would be OK too. Pretending this isn't an issue isn't helpful.
Post edited March 22, 2017 by shmerl
Johny.: Game saves will stay in the game assigned folder. Those files are "just" (pretty complicated stuff here) synchronized with the cloud. Also, if you play on another machine

Jemolk: That suddenly makes sense. I still say these new features are useless to me because there's no Linux version though. Can we get an update on how that's coming, please?
Unfortunately I can't give you any concrete update about that.
I think I can say it's not an abandoned idea as some may think. :)
Post edited March 22, 2017 by Johny.
high rated
Johny.: I think I can say it's not an abandoned idea as some may think. :)
That much is known, there are even open positions for Linux support in Galaxy: http://en.cdprojektred.com/jobs/senior-software-engineer-gog/

But still, some updates would be really a good relation to the community.
Adding cloud saves/retrieval is excellent however the ability to to throttle and schedule downloads is an even better feature. Now I don't have to disable Galaxy when using my PC for other things or having to turn it on while I sleep when installing/updating large games/patches.

Now to add searches to the community forums.

I sort of remember Steam integration when Galaxy Client was announced. That will be great as well as adding Twitch/Amazon integration. Adding Gog/Steam/Twitch friends, too...

One client to rule them all!
To all those asking about a/the Linux release: it's "coming soon"
straight from www.gog.com/galaxy, see screenshot

keep it up, gog. and ty :)
Attachments:
Wow, this is huge. Thanks GOG!
high rated
mobutu: To all those asking about a/the Linux release: it's "coming soon"
straight from www.gog.com/galaxy, see screenshot
I also see there:

9. Will you release a Linux version of GOG Galaxy?

A Linux version of our client is planned eventually, but we don't have an expected release date right now. Stay tuned for future announcements!
So it's more like Soon™.