It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
!!! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING !!!

== BUG REPORTING ==

Please use: http://mantis.gog.com and include
1. steps to reproduce the bug (if possible)
2. screenshot or movie showing the bug (if possible)
3. Galaxy Client logs (see below)

Where can I find Galaxy logs on my computer?
On Windows 7 or later: C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\Galaxy\Logs
On Mac OS X: /Users/Shared/GOG.com/Galaxy/Logs

== FEATURE SUGGESTIONS ==

Please use: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy. For feature suggestions and votes on them please try do explain how Galaxy and its users will really benefit from it.

== IMPORT ALREADY INSTALLED GAMES TO GALAXY ==

1. For GOG games installed using installers from the last few months (so called Galaxy-compatible installers)
Click the Galaxy logo button on top of the sidebar and select "scan and import folders" - it will find all compatible games within that folder and add them to the Client.

2. For remaining GOG game INSTALLATIONS
Find the game in the Library (click on the image of the game), then click the More button and select "Manage Installation" -> "Import folder" and point the folder selector into the folder where that game is installed.

== KNOWN ISSUES ==
- throttling max download speed is not yet possible
- notifications related to incoming chat messages and friend requests does not always disappear instantly when consumed and may require reloading Store page
- games imported from existing installations will auto-update once, even if updating is disabled
- Moving Galaxy from /Applications on Mac OS X will stop the app from working
- Galaxy cannot be launched by other users on the same computer
Post edited October 03, 2016 by Liosan
high rated
Hi Everyone,

Below you can find the changelog of GOG Galaxy.

Changelog 1.1.15 (September 7th, 2016):
Changes / Improvements:
• Added Wallet button in dropdown menu under user's avatar
• Performance improvements on UI speed and a little on CPU usage
• Enabled copying text in Galaxy forums
• History will now remember only the 100 most recent pages in history
Bugfixes:
• Fix for "Disk access problem" bug, which broke installation and updates of games. (Bug happened on Windows only, but general mechanism is better on OS X as well)
• Fix for Verify/Repair, which did not work in some scenarios (The above bug for example)
• Fix for "Server problem" while downloading backup installers or other goodies. They will now work, even if temporary download folder is same as destination folder
• Fixed situations in which Store page sometimes did not load properly after waking up computer

Changelog 1.1.16 (September 19th, 2016):
Improvements:
• Galaxy now supports H.264 codecs
• Much better handling of paying using third party processors (PayPal, paysafecard etc.)
• Friends and chat window now scale with the system scaling factor
• New and prettier GOG Eula will be used in games
• Better handling of loading timeouts

Bugfixes:
• "INSTALLED" label will appear all pages of the library now
• Fixed a bug with game time tracking for some games. Galaxy will now register more than one minute:)
• Fixed a bug in which Galaxy in rare cases could not be able to update the game (bug rather existed in rollbacks)
• Galaxy will no longer show a little bit of bare code upon launching
• Fixed blurred images in sidebar expanded list mode

Changelog 1.1.17(hotfix September 20th, 2016):
• Fixed crashes and 'Disk Access Problem' caused by updating Galaxy from 1.1.12 (and earlier versions) to 1.1.16

Changelog 1.1.18 (October 19th, 2016):
Improvements:
• More accurate game time tracking mechanism
• Improved mechanism showing current online status between friends

Bugfixes:
• Fixed a bug which caused Galaxy to stop tracking game time

Changelog 1.1.19 (October 25th, 2016):
Improvements:
• We have removed download size from Galaxy updater. It showed faulty data, as Galaxy Updater doesn't download > 100mb each time and only downloads differences. It will come back in nearest future, when it will show correct data:)
• The first check for game updates will be done 15s after Galaxy starts, instead of 5 minutes.
• OSX: Improved mechanism responsible for removing old files left by Galaxy updates
• OSX: Improved the way Galaxy handles installing games into protected locations like /Applications; you will receive a password prompt about a "Helper tool" installation

Bugfixes:
• Fixed "Essential components missing" error which sometimes appeared after fresh installation
• Fixed a situation where failure in Updater could lead to Galaxy not being able to launch
• Fixed self-update on OSX to properly delete leftover files
• Fixed friends window losing functionality after network loss and reconnect
• Fixed blurry Windows 10 Galaxy tray icon
• Galaxy will remember maximised window status

Changelog 1.1.20(November 2nd, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Fixed installing XNA4 and other msi-based dependencies.
• Store page won't be reloaded twice upon logging in

Changelog: 1.1.21 (November 17th, 2016)
Improvements / changes:
• Added "with preview updates" suffix to Galaxy window title
• Small optimizations with memory and Galaxy loading time
• Small improvements with updater, it should fail less

Bugfixes:
• Fixed a bug with Galaxy refreshing pages
• Fixed occasional crashes

Changelog 1.1.22 (November 22nd, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Galaxy will no longer freeze when downloading a game update and checking another game in library
• Galaxy should crash even less now:)

Changelog 1.1.23 (November 28th, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Galaxy will be now able to reconnect to internet correctly, if computer was put to sleep and then woken up without (initially) Internet connection
• Downloading of games/updates should have less impact on starting other installations

Changelog 1.1.24(December 6th, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Downloading an installer with Galaxy and using it to install the game should not result in redownloading the whole game again
• Updater should no longer report over 100% progress on download

Adjustments:
• Increased timeout for failures during sign in
• Increased timeout for "Loading Timeout"

Changelog 1.1.25 (December 20th, 2016)
Bugfixes:
• Fixed a crash when trying to install certain games (Game affected was 1979 Revolution: Black Friday).

Changelog 1.1.26 (December 23rd, 2016, Preview only)
Changes:
• Introduced new downloading mechanism

Changelog 1.1.27 (January 26th, 2017, Preview)
Bugfixes:
• Aborting or pausing downloads will be smoother (They will stop faster)
• Pausing downloads will no longer cause memory usage to go super high

Changelog 1.1.27 (January 31th, 2017)
Changes:
• Introduced new downloading mechanism
Bugfixes:
• Aborting or pausing downloads will be smoother (They will stop faster)
• Pausing downloads will no longer cause memory usage to go super high

Changelog 1.1.28 (March 10th, 2017)
Changes / Improvements:
- Better support for differential patches. They are now seperate depending on game's language and system bitness
- Italian & Japanese partial support + more Spanish translations
- Improved checking for new available updates of the games
- We'll sort available DLCs alphabetically
Bugfixes:
- Fixed a crash when Galaxy doesn't have permissions to the logs directory
- Fixed showing empty grey page after a while of inactivity
- Fixed infinite spinner after going to support page
- Fixed displaying of prices in cart when they were over 999 (Bug caused by a comma in the price)
- MacOS: Popup windows (for example chat) will no longer open as a tab but as a separate window instead
- MacOS: Fixed memory leak (~30MB upon GOG Galaxy launch)
- MacOS: Fixed memory leak while playing a game

Changelog 1.1.29 (March 14nd, 2017)
Changes:
- Changes in downloading mechanism, which allows for better control over download's flow
Bugfixes:
- Fixed displaying progress of differential patches (It did not display the "Extracting" status)

Changelog 1.1.30 (March 16th, 2017)
Bugfixes:
- Fixed a crash within games downloading mechanism

== PREVIEW UPDATES* ===

HOW TO ENABLE PREVIEWS?
Go to your Galaxy settings and check the option to receive preview updates.

HOW TO DISABLE PREVIEW?
- Uninstall Galaxy
- Download current installer from gog.com/galaxy
- Install Galaxy
- Import your games

Changelog 1.2.0 (March 22nd, 2017)
Changes and improvements:
- Cloud saves backup and syncing (supported games only)
- Screenshot capture with F12 (supported games only)
- In-game overlay with FPS counter and notifications (supported games only)
- Greatly improved chat, also in overlay
- Ability to enable or disable achievements, game time tracking, auto-updating games and more
- Desktop and in-game notifications system
- Ability to set bandwidth limit and scheduler
- New settings window
- Rarity information in achievements
- Abort button next to installation status
- Only one Galaxy Updater window will be shown in most cases
- GOG Galaxy updates will be downloaded in the background
- Games are now downloaded directly to their install directory, instead of a temporary location
- Galaxy changelog is displayed in Galaxy

Bugfixes:
- Fixed game time tracking issues
- Initial size of Galaxy Client window will respect Windows scaling
- Improved Windows 10 Galaxy tray icon
- Fixed a bug which caused Galaxy to redownload whole data in case of a failure of installation/update
- Thumbnail highlighting in media gallery now works properly
- Decreased client's network and CPU usage (especially for a lot of games)
- MacOS: Fixed situation when Galaxy Client could downloading due to App Nap
- MacOS: Fixed crash when logging out with "New post" popup open
- MacOS: Fixed game processes not being properly cleaned up after exiting
Post edited March 22, 2017 by TheTomasz
high rated
For everyone who has a problem with missing api-ms-crt dlls in Client's versions post 1.1.5:
Please install one of those windows update: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2999226 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3118401
You may need to update Windows to meet the requirements for these:
For Windows 8.1 and for Windows Server 2012: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2919355
For Windows 7 and for Windows Server 2008 R2: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/976932

You can also try reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables 2015 (x86) if you meet above requirements.
Available here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

If above instructions doesn't work for you, create a separate issue on mantis.gog.com and we'll try to help you individually.

Please note that this solution only helps with the missing api-ms-crt dlls.

========================================================================================

Answering this question: Why 1.1 doesn't work after updating to 1.2?

This is happening probably due to incompatible database from version 1.2, please delete this folder:
%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\GOG.com\Galaxy\storage
usually
C:\ProgramData\GOG.com\storage\

Then you'll have to use scan&import (menu under the top Galaxy logo) function to see your games back in Galaxy Client.
Attachments:
Post edited March 27, 2017 by TheTomasz
This bug is still here: The extras and game installers arent downloading into the right folder.
dyrl: This bug is still here: The extras and game installers arent downloading into the right folder.
They should download into the directories that are configured in Galaxy settings. Keep in mind that if you change the location of these directories, sometimes on new Galaxy installs or upgrades the client wipes out the settings and goes back to factory defaults and you need to reconfigure the directories where it downloads to again.

Make sure that the directories are configured correctly in the client, and check it after every client update also, or if you need to reinstall the client.
Dante_215: skeletonbow sry but gog galaxy crash without overlay dlc for witcher 3 and disabled overlay global in gog galaxy. Galaxy crash in all games when you click play.
All I can recommend is uninstalling Galaxy, blowing away previous configuration and reinstalling it. If the problems still happen then there's something more complex happening. Having said that, all of the games I launch work fine for me so I'm not able to reproduce what you're seeing. You can always file a bug report in mantis though for GOG to have a look at, but be sure to attach the log files so they have something to work with. Instructions in the first couple of posts in this thread. If you need additional help, you may want to try GOG support as well.

Hope this helps.
Post edited July 01, 2016 by skeletonbow
Anyone else getting a cosmetic error with SOTS: The Pit?

Particularly, it's icon doesn't appear on the compact game list, but it will in expanded.
Projectsonic: Anyone else getting a cosmetic error with SOTS: The Pit?

Particularly, it's icon doesn't appear on the compact game list, but it will in expanded.
Same here if I use compact mode

Also another bug, Galaxy doesn't detect the add-ons as installed if you use their standalone :/

I thing this "add-on"bug happen also with another game, but don't remember which one right now...
Post edited July 02, 2016 by Sarasa
Mantis is currently broken (for me at least). Basically, if you want to have a piece of software tested to the limits to find bugs in it, I'm your man. :) Mantis just met its death thanks to me on the "view all bugs" page. I didn't want to page through 50 bugs at a time (I hate forced pagination with small values), so I clicked on the filter to change the results per page shown and I chose "5000" because why not.

Anyhow, that caused mantis to spin for a while then pop up a GOG bear. Other parts of mantis still work ok, but the view all bugs page no longer works for me now. It may work for others perhaps, hard to say - but it chokes for me now. I'm guessing that it not only accepted my input of 5000 but it also remembered it permanently and doesn't actually work properly with that value so I am permanently locked out it would seem.

If it stores that data in cookies or LocalStorage I can flush my browser and re-login and that might fix it, however if the software chokes on user-supplied input such as what I did above, I'd consider that a bug. Never trust user supplied input without doing input validation to ensure the input is within proper and reasonable limits. If 5000 is not expected to work or breaks the software, the software should throw up an error or auto-cap the limit to a fixed predetermined amount.

Next time I'm going to put 892739472934792384 into that field and see what happens. Muahahahaha. :)

Update: The issue persisted, but I found a cookie set in the browser that remembers your filter prefs and I removed it and reloaded the page and it sorted itself out. Still, if Mantis can't handle anything the user types into the field it should restrict the input within a range that will work or people could get locked out. Granted, not many people would likely edit that field and put 5000 in it, but they sure could. :) Not sure if it causes a server-side problem or not too, but if it does, then it should definitely validate input and reject un-safe values.

I'd report this in Mantis, but there is no entry in Mantis to report bugs against itself so you get'em here. :)
Post edited July 02, 2016 by skeletonbow
When I started up my computer, the Galaxy icon on the taskbar was flashing, so I opened it up and there was a red box with an exclaimation mark on my user name (see attatched). What does that mean? The drop down menu doesn't give any indication.
Attachments:
galaxy.jpg (26 Kb)
tikeno: When I started up my computer, the Galaxy icon on the taskbar was flashing, so I opened it up and there was a red box with an exclaimation mark on my user name (see attatched). What does that mean? The drop down menu doesn't give any indication.
Same thing as it means on the GOG website for your ACCOUNT menu, it means you have a notification waiting that you have not yet seen, which could be a chat message, forum reply etc. Click on it and it should be highlighted in red.
GOG devs (or anyone else really): Is there a secret Windows registry key, or config file option for Galaxy to either tell it "Remember last window geometry, co-ordinates and display", or to hard code those things and then mark the file READ-ONLY so that future Galaxy updates, humans, a tornado, etc. never ever touch it again? I'm curious because Galaxy starts up with a fixed size window about the size of my wrist watch on screen, seriously it looks like it is sized to fit on an Atari 2600 or something :) My monitor is 2560x1600 so the Galaxy client default window sized for an Atari starts up every single time in the upper left hand corner of my monitor like a cute little icon. I almost need binoculars to use it, but instead - every single time I have to click on maximize or double click the title bar unlike every other application ever made since 1995 for Windows that remembers the user's last used state of the program and restores it the next time it is ran.

It's driving me nuts because while testing 10/20/30 games per day and filing bug reports and having to restart Galaxy 10000 times, and then notice the Atari 2600 sized window, it gets old fast. :) There are bug reports filed about this in Mantis since forever, but what's surprising is that I distinctly remember Galaxy actually remembering the window state at some point in time a year and a half ago or so and then it stopped doing it not long after and has never done it again since.

If it is supposed to remember the window state, well... it isn't, not for me anyway. If that functionality isn't there, is it possible to add it in the next update perhaps?

In the mean time, I'm going to see if I can find some 3rd party program to force programs to maximize and stay maximized 24/7 no matter what, and also pin them to a single monitor in a multihead system (sometimes Galaxy decides it wants to start on one of my other monitors that are currently powered off, and it's like... where did it go....). Maybe there's a program called Maximiazepam or something, that'd be just about what I need right now. :oP

Update: Oh, an in case someone was about to suggest editing the Galaxy shortcut and changing it to start with the Window "Maximized", not only does that not work (it still starts as a normal window), but Galaxy loads at startup without clicking on the shortcut anyway so it wouldn't work either way.
Post edited July 03, 2016 by skeletonbow
tikeno: When I started up my computer, the Galaxy icon on the taskbar was flashing, so I opened it up and there was a red box with an exclaimation mark on my user name (see attatched). What does that mean? The drop down menu doesn't give any indication.
skeletonbow: Same thing as it means on the GOG website for your ACCOUNT menu, it means you have a notification waiting that you have not yet seen, which could be a chat message, forum reply etc. Click on it and it should be highlighted in red.
I have been through the menu and nothing is highlighted. I've gone through the forum replies just to make sure, and the mark is still there.
Attachments:
tikeno: I have been through the menu and nothing is highlighted. I've gone through the forum replies just to make sure, and the mark is still there.
Ok, it's a glitch then, try doing an account refresh then waiting a bit to see if it clears up on its own, it might take an hour or so:

https://www.gog.com/account/refresh
While poking around to try to figure out how to force Galaxy client to maximize as per my query a few comments up, I added it to my "Galaxy quirks" wiki page on my LAN to keep track of over time, and while looking on that page a couple more issues that annoy me popped up and I decided to try to fix them myself. One issue that drives me nuts, is the default library sidebar in Galaxy is only 300 pixels wide and truncates long game names off, which is particularly annoying if you have multiple games with longer names that start out the same and they get truncated and you can't tell which one is which. Likewise, if you're downloading files and they start out with the same characters and have long names and you want to cancel one of the downloads you have no way to know what file is which because they are named:

very_long_filename_galaxy-is-downloading-that-is-really-long1.zip
very_long_filename_galaxy-is-downloading-that-is-really-long1.zip

but they show up in Galaxy lets say as:

very_long_filename_ga...
very_long_filename_ga...

Which one is which? Open the revolver, dump all the bullets out, put one bullet back in, close it, spin and shoot. Good luck.

Or... do what I just did, and make a backup copy of the file "\Program Files (x86)\GalaxyClient\web\css\83f5dd1.css", then edit it in Notepad and do a text search for "300px", it is the first hit in the file. Change it to 500px or whatever you think is appropriate for your monitor and your sanity, then save and exit. Alternatively, change it to a percentage such as 20% or whatever floats your boat.

Save and exit, restart Galaxy client -> sidebar is a sane width now and looks 10000 times nicer, you can read long installed game names no problem.

For the download list, search the file for "400px" and change it to the same thing you made the sidebar with set to above. For some reason GOG has the sidebar set to 300px wide, but the download popup set to max 400px. I set both to 500px and they both work now.

For shits and giggles, poke around the rest of the CSS files and find some other nice little tweaks and share them with the rest of us.

Finally, after making changes, make another backup copy of your modified files outside of the Galaxy directory as they'll most likely get blown away every time Galaxy updates.

Enjoy!
Post edited July 03, 2016 by skeletonbow
I installed Outlast (latest backup INstaller) and even though it seemed to install fine on Galaxy it says
INSTALLED RETRY and when I click on retry it says installation postponed game is already running - which it is not. What has gone wrong here?
MarkoH01: I installed Outlast (latest backup INstaller) and even though it seemed to install fine on Galaxy it says
INSTALLED RETRY and when I click on retry it says installation postponed game is already running - which it is not. What has gone wrong here?
Galaxy is trying to see if it can Outlast your patience! :)

(see what I did there?) :)
MarkoH01: I installed Outlast (latest backup INstaller) and even though it seemed to install fine on Galaxy it says
skeletonbow: Galaxy is trying to see if it can Outlast your patience! :)

(see what I did there?) :)
It would do a better job with this if the game would not work but there is no problem with the game itself.
Post edited July 03, 2016 by MarkoH01
Had the same problem. Did not find any solution for that. So once I got annoyed enough at the message I removed it and just installed it through galaxy directly.