It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Redeem 17 Steam games DRM-free | Check out 300+ deals up to -90%!

Have you heard? School is (finally) back in session! And so is <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>, in time for the 2016 GOG.com Back to School Sale. All in all, it's great games up to 90% off, new game collections and deals added every day, as well as 17 titles to grow your DRM-free library with GOG Connect.

No need for long faces - after all going back to school is a wonderful opportunity to learn new things, make new friends, and even expand your gaming horizons during these cold after-school evenings. This year's curriculum consists of 300+ deals up to 90% off, starting with Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Day of the Tentacle Remastered, Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition, Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition, and more.

And hey, we did some of the homework for you! Check out our neat game collections: hand-picked selections of series and similar titles we think you'll really enjoy. Whether you grab an entire collection or otherwise, you'll still get the highest available discounts normally reserved for entire bundles only.

New games and collections will be added every day at 10 AM UTC — so check back and look out for more deals. Once added to the Sale, the deals will stick around until its end.

GOG Connect is back — connect your Steam account and add eligible games to your GOG.com library for free. The June premiere of <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> was a resounding success and we're now happy to announce the second major batch of 17 GOG Connect titles, including:

[i]Hotline Miami
X Rebirth
Anno 1404
Dex
Shadow Warrior 2013[/i]
and more!

Just like last time, these are limited-time offers made possible by our awesome partners!

If you're looking for a place to hang out and discuss which games you picked, how much homework you've got, or the titles you Connected, make sure to stop by our <span class="bold">Facebook event</span>. All the cool kids will be there.

The Back to School Sale will last until Sunday, October 2, 9:59 PM UTC.
Post edited September 26, 2016 by maladr0Id
zeogold: That's also kind of what I was thinking, but I was trying to avoid the whole paranoia sound of that.
Indeed, but I'm sure that you also recognized the underlying sarcasm intended as well and weren't taking me seriously. :) I only mention it now for those who may have forgot to put their sarcasm detectors on the charging stand. ;oP
So how's everyone dealing with the aftermath of the first week sf school?
mecharma: So how's everyone dealing with the aftermath of the first week sf school?
I believe the majority of gamers here finished school years to decades ago.
Most of the young ones will be on vaporized water.
Post edited October 02, 2016 by Klumpen0815
skeletonbow: Indeed, but I'm sure that you also recognized the underlying sarcasm intended as well and weren't taking me seriously.
Shhh, the forum will hear you.
mecharma: So how's everyone dealing with the aftermath of the first week sf school?
Klumpen0815: I believe the majority of gamers here finished school years to decades ago.
Kinda this.
Most of the people on the forum are old folks. I'm one of the few exceptions.
In fact, I kinda find the whole concept of a "back-to-school" sale weird in that sense:
Y'all have any idea what school books cost? And this is somehow being advertised as a prime time to buy games? O_o

Also, Klumpen, nice to see you again, man! How you been?
Post edited October 02, 2016 by zeogold
I work at a school and summer holidays ended about eight weeks ago (it was very early this year). In fact on monday two weeks of autumn holidays start. So I would say you were a little late with your sale. :P
Second week of school sale CONFIRMED.
I love squad and turn based strategy games, but I just can't decide wether to buy Invisible Inc. or to let it stay on my wishlist.

Someone help me out please? :P
zambrey: Second week of school sale CONFIRMED.
I confirm that's not confirmed!

...see what I did there?

Wait, where are you going?
NuffCatnip: I love squad and turn based strategy games, but I just can't decide wether to buy Invisible Inc. or to let it stay on my wishlist.

It is super good.

Very easy to get into, but super hard to actually...master (or finish...).

Amazing atmosphere, slick presentation, UI fits like a glove, enjoyable meta progression and a LOT of replay value.

Klei had a few [url="https://www.twitch.tv/kleientertainment/videos/all" ]"behind the scenes"[/url] videos about it, back in the day, if you are into that.
Post edited October 02, 2016 by mecharma
zambrey: Second week of school sale CONFIRMED.
mecharma: I confirm that's not confirmed!

...see what I did there?

Wait, where are you going?
NuffCatnip: I love squad and turn based strategy games, but I just can't decide wether to buy Invisible Inc. or to let it stay on my wishlist.

mecharma: It is super good.

Very easy to get into, but super hard to actually...master (or finish...).

Amazing atmosphere, slick presentation, UI fits like a glove, enjoyable meta progression and a LOT of replay value.

Klei had a few [url="https://www.twitch.tv/kleientertainment/videos/all" ]"behind the scenes"[/url] videos about it, back in the day, if you are into that.
Thanks for the info, but I'm still on the fence. :/

I'll get it next time (during an upcoming sale) when my backlog is a bit smaller. :)
Pherim: Yes, they do, and again, 1503 may be the best in this regard. For once, in contrast to 1602 and 1701 there are five different climate zones (from arctic to desert) instead of just north and south. They are placed in a manner that makes sense climatically, but there is still a lot of variety in my opinion.

[...]

Also, maps in 1503 are gigantic, which is great on the one hand, but on the other you barely ever have problems finding the resources you need, which certainly is different in 1602 and 1701, where the smaller number of islands often makes it necessary to conquer islands from your opponents in order to get everything you need. In 1503 I never colonized the entire map because it was not necessary and would have taken too much time. So in terms of competition for resources and land, 1503 might actually be the weakest of the three, but that may be just my opinion.
Cool, I really enjoy the city building aspects of 1701 and don't care about conquering islands so it sounds like this game would be right up my alley - especially considering how fans of the series tend to stress that it offers the most complex economy and largest selection of buildings.

Have you played 1404 and, if so, is it really that different from 1701?
Lemon_Curry: Have you played 1404 and, if so, is it really that different from 1701?
No, I haven't, so I don't really know. But it has a different setting than the first three (Orient instead of New World) and for the first time you can play a different nation (again, the Orient ;) ). So I guess there are some differences.
Pherim: No, I haven't, so I don't really know. But it has a different setting than the first three (Orient instead of New World) and for the first time you can play a different nation (again, the Orient ;) ). So I guess there are some differences.
Ah okay, well thanks a lot for your help (+1's and all that jazz). :)
Post edited October 02, 2016 by Lemon_Curry
Pherim: Yes, they do, and again, 1503 may be the best in this regard. For once, in contrast to 1602 and 1701 there are five different climate zones (from arctic to desert) instead of just north and south. They are placed in a manner that makes sense climatically, but there is still a lot of variety in my opinion.

[...]

Also, maps in 1503 are gigantic, which is great on the one hand, but on the other you barely ever have problems finding the resources you need, which certainly is different in 1602 and 1701, where the smaller number of islands often makes it necessary to conquer islands from your opponents in order to get everything you need. In 1503 I never colonized the entire map because it was not necessary and would have taken too much time. So in terms of competition for resources and land, 1503 might actually be the weakest of the three, but that may be just my opinion.
Lemon_Curry: Cool, I really enjoy the city building aspects of 1701 and don't care about conquering islands so it sounds like this game would be right up my alley - especially considering how fans of the series tend to stress that it offers the most complex economy and largest selection of buildings.

Have you played 1404 and, if so, is it really that different from 1701?
Well, I bought 1404 in this sale and played a few hourd yesterday. It`s really fun, You don`t have to play the campaign, but can play a game where you fully customize nearly every aspect of the game, be it victory conditions, amount of resources, opponents and so on. You can adjust about 50 settings, so that the game totally fits your stile of play. :-)
Maxvorstadt:
Nice though you can do that in 1701 as well. :)
Maxvorstadt:
Lemon_Curry: Nice though you can do that in 1701 as well. :)
Didn`t know that, haven`t played it. I tried 1602 and 1503 before, but never really got into those games. I decided to give 1404 a try when I saw it on sale and I didn`t regret it yet.