It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Redeem 17 Steam games DRM-free | Check out 300+ deals up to -90%!

Have you heard? School is (finally) back in session! And so is <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span>, in time for the 2016 GOG.com Back to School Sale. All in all, it's great games up to 90% off, new game collections and deals added every day, as well as 17 titles to grow your DRM-free library with GOG Connect.

No need for long faces - after all going back to school is a wonderful opportunity to learn new things, make new friends, and even expand your gaming horizons during these cold after-school evenings. This year's curriculum consists of 300+ deals up to 90% off, starting with Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition, Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines, Day of the Tentacle Remastered, Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition, Dying Light: The Following - Enhanced Edition, and more.

And hey, we did some of the homework for you! Check out our neat game collections: hand-picked selections of series and similar titles we think you'll really enjoy. Whether you grab an entire collection or otherwise, you'll still get the highest available discounts normally reserved for entire bundles only.

New games and collections will be added every day at 10 AM UTC — so check back and look out for more deals. Once added to the Sale, the deals will stick around until its end.

GOG Connect is back — connect your Steam account and add eligible games to your GOG.com library for free. The June premiere of <span class="bold">GOG Connect</span> was a resounding success and we're now happy to announce the second major batch of 17 GOG Connect titles, including:

[i]Hotline Miami
X Rebirth
Anno 1404
Dex
Shadow Warrior 2013[/i]
and more!

Just like last time, these are limited-time offers made possible by our awesome partners!

If you're looking for a place to hang out and discuss which games you picked, how much homework you've got, or the titles you Connected, make sure to stop by our <span class="bold">Facebook event</span>. All the cool kids will be there.

The Back to School Sale will last until Sunday, October 2, 9:59 PM UTC.
Post edited September 26, 2016 by maladr0Id
Smannesman: And my wallet is safe for yet another day.
Cecco: ditto
Plus: there is this game, Brothers, that no one ever cared to rate or review. Or is it a novelty here on GOG? Is it any good?
Brothers is short but sweet.
Do not play it if you don't have a controller. If you do you're in for a ride.
Plus: there is this game, Brothers, that no one ever cared to rate or review. Or is it a novelty here on GOG? Is it any good?
omega64: Brothers is short but sweet.
mmm I see it's a console port :) thanks!
It was just added today (probably with the sale update), so small wonder nobody reviewed it. There is not even a release post, yet. Anyway, I have not played it myself yet (although I own it on Steam), but I have heard from people who have that it is very good and the Steam reviews agree.
omega64: Brothers is short but sweet.
Cecco: mmm I see it's a console port :) thanks!
Nope, it's not a console port per se.
More that there's no way to make the control scheme work without a controller.
You control 2 characters, 1 with each stick with the triggers being their respective interaction buttons.
It does work with the keyboard but might be a bit fiddly. (haven't played it with keyboard myself)
omega64: Nope, it's not a console port per se.
You control 2 characters, 1 with each stick with the triggers being their respective interaction buttons.
It does work with the keyboard but might be a bit fiddly. (haven't played it with keyboard myself)
oh it sounds challenging
omega64: Nope, it's not a console port per se.
Cecco: oh it sounds challenging
The pace isn't high so it's not like you need to master them completely, it's okay to make mistakes. ;)
Same here. But i did buy 1 game in this sale so it was a good one for me. :D
omega64: The pace isn't high so it's not like you need to master them completely, it's okay to make mistakes. ;)
it's wishlisted :) I have enough stressful games -_-

And I'd like some more id/Bethesda stuff just for "virtual shelf collectionism" but there are no extras, they are over-priced and the discount is not enough. Funnily, the only id game i want badly here is Catacomb and I might even get it at full price on a whim when I feel like playing it. It's such a classic for me.
Cecco: it's wishlisted :) I have enough stressful games -_-

And I'd like some more id/Bethesda stuff just for "virtual shelf collectionism" but there are no extras, they are over-priced and the discount is not enough. Funnily, the only id game i want badly here is Catacomb and I might even get it at full price on a whim when I feel like playing it. It's such a classic for me.
Not sure but Apogee might own that nowadays, or whoever owns Apogee.

I'd really like to see DOOM3 and it's expansion show up here soon, as well as DOOM3 BFG Edition. That would complete my collection of that era of FPS games, as I have all of the others that were big from the timeframe (Far Cry, HL2 etc.)

We're long overdue for a Bethesda drop now. Hopefully the next drop has more id stuff.
skeletonbow: I'd really like to see DOOM3 and it's expansion show up here soon, as well as DOOM3 BFG Edition. That would complete my collection of that era of FPS games, as I have all of the others that were big from the timeframe (Far Cry, HL2 etc.)

We're long overdue for a Bethesda drop now. Hopefully the next drop has more id stuff.
I don't particularly need to rebuy Doom 3 even worse edition. :P
Kind of annoying that the "Bethesda Collection" is not called "id Software collection" because that's what it actually is. Sure, Bethesda might now own id Software, but if it's going to be that way, then it might as well be "Zenimax Collection" because Zenimax owns Bethesda. :)

Or even better... "Providence Equity Partners Collection"
Post edited September 30, 2016 by skeletonbow
Already have the games that interest me in the latest round, I bought the Sherlock Holmes bundle though.
skeletonbow: Kind of annoying that the "Bethesda Collection" is not called "id Software collection" because that's what it actually is. Sure, Bethesda might now own id Software, but if it's going to be that way, then it might as well be "Zenimax Collection" because Zenimax owns Bethesda. :)

Or even better... "Providence Equity Partners Collection"
Same for all the "Square Enix" bundles that often surface during these sales, which should be named "eidos bundle".
I'm humming and hawing in contemplation of Anno 1503, but I've never really played or seen any of the Anno games before other than the screenies and trailers. Would anyone recommend it, and could you compare it with other games of the genre? I'm fond of the Tropico games, Pharoah+Cleopatra, etc. and this looks of a similar vein.

Also, are either or both of the Indiana Jones games any good, as well as stable and reliable? I do like the genre, but my potential interest in these is basically "OMG, Indiana Jones!", so I'd like to know if they hold up.
Nice final day. This sale surprised me with the variety on offer, plus the nice new additions. Here's my haul:

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
Stories: The Path of Destinies
GUN
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
Kona
Dex
Grim Dawn
Corpse Party
Cossacks II
Dying Light: The Following – Enhanced Edition

Plus an X Rebirth expansion and 10 Interplay games, in case they do disappear from here.