It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Humans, Xenomorphs, Hunters - one of them is the deadliest species in the Universe!

Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000, a suspenseful Sci-Fi first-person shooter with three very different single-player campaigns, one for each species, and a frantic multiplayer mode, is available FREE for 48 hours on GOG.com, as a part of our GOG Galaxy beta tests!

Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 features the Colonial Marine, Alien and Predator Campaigns and the frenetic single-player Skirmish mode from the original title: Alien Versus Predator Gold Edition, which was released to massive acclaim in 2000. It's been updated for modern systems and includes support for Xbox 360 Controller. The three most ferocious species in the universe in a bloodthirsty battle for the ultimate prize: survival. Take your pick: be a Colonial Marine, a Predator or an Alien. Fight through suspense-filled environments: from starships and space stations to colonial bases and eerie planetscapes. One wrong move turns you from hunter to prey. Deathmatch, Species Deathmatch, Predator Tag, and Cooperative modes avait for you in the multiplayer section!

How to get the game for free? Simply sign up for the next stage of GOG Galaxy beta tests and an e-mail with your activation code will be sent to you within the next few days. You'll be helping us to analyze and improve the performance of the multiplayer component of GOG Galaxy, our DRM-free online gaming platform, by playing this acclaimed dynamic first person shooter! The game will be added to your account and yours to keep forever. Don't wait - you can only sign up until Friday, October 17, at 9:59AM GMT.
We're started sending out the last (and the biggest) batch of keys - essentially everyone who signed up should be getting their key in the matter of the next few hours (we really have a A LOT of signups :).

Although the game includes full single player campaign, we'd most appreciate if you could please join or host a multiplayer match today - our reason behind this give-away was to test Galaxy multiplayer in the first place :). In case of problems or if you want to share feedback, please use our dedicated forum: http://www.gog.com/forum/aliens_versus_predator_classic_2000

PS: If you won't get your key by end of Tuesday, please do:
1. check your spam folder - if our mail isn't there, then
2. contact our Support
Post edited October 20, 2014 by Destro
eiii: Ahh, great to hear. :) Thanks for clarification. You just started to scare me with that bundling. :P

So when the Galaxy client is finally released the AvP game will be updated with a version which does not bundle the Galaxy stub anymore, right?
opticq: You can play AvP regularly by going to where you installed the game
It's not about being able to play the game (as I haven't even received a key), it's more about having a "clean" game version for the archive later. :)
I signed up yesterday I more interested in getting the platform so I can get rid of that Annoying Down loader telling me there are updates for my games When they are for the LINUX / MAC version and NOTHING for PC Major Annoying!

I also signed up because I'm an Arsehole! and I've been in Grievous Pain for the last 4 years!
Post edited October 16, 2014 by fr33kSh0w2012
IronArcturus: Do you know if there is some kind of manual or webpage for GOG Galaxy?
There isn't, at least for now. With future development I'm sure this will change.
The only webpage for now is http://www.gog.com/galaxy

the.kuribo: A confirmation email upon submission...
But there is a confirmation albeit not in a reply email form but directly on the web page after submission:

Thanks for signing up! Your free key for Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 will be sent to you within the next few days.
Please note that beta keys will be sent in batches, depending on service availability. Thank you for your patience.
eiii: Wait ... so the Galaxy client is not a separate download but bundled with every game installer?
Being a betatest for now galaxy client is bundled with the avp2000 installer. But with future development this will change, galaxy will be an optional download, as already confirmed by gog.

IronArcturus: GOG Galaxy is in some kind of beta right now, but I'm hoping they're not just going to merge all future games with it. Will AvP also have an installer that is standalone?
Yes, galaxy will be an optional download, as already confirmed by gog.
Yes, avp2000 will have a standalone installer, free of galaxy.

Blaze72: when it's eventually set up, Can i use my copy of the game or will i have to get the GOG version of avp just to play the multiplayer.
You will be able to play avp2000 both in single and multiplayer without the galaxy client if you chooose to do so.

eiii: So when the Galaxy client is finally released the AvP game will be updated with a version which does not bundle the Galaxy stub anymore, right?
Right
Post edited October 16, 2014 by mobutu
When Galaxy goes online, wil it be possibile to play Baldur's Gate online ? Through the galaxy ?
Post edited October 16, 2014 by rumbur
the.kuribo: A confirmation email upon submission...
mobutu: But there is a confirmation albeit not in a reply email form but directly on the web page after submission:

Thanks for signing up! Your free key for Aliens vs Predator Classic 2000 will be sent to you within the next few days.
Please note that beta keys will be sent in batches, depending on service availability. Thank you for your patience.
mobutu:
This is true, but it is pretty standard these days for online submissions to have automated email reply confirmations with details for future reference. Without one it is easy to forget exactly what the wording of the confirmation page said, and you can't really go back to see what it says after you've left the page. It also feels like there may have been a glitch in the system and without an email confirmation there is an atmosphere of ambiguity as to whether the submission was actually successfully accepted and registered into the database.
muy buena iniciativa
signed up
Dzsono: I hope some GOGlodytes will be online this time. I had no one to play The Witcher Adventure Game with me on many occasions!
I'll be online for sure! When I receive my key... (signed up 25 minutes after the offer was up) Will be the first time I'm doing online multiplayer oO
real.geizterfahr: I'll be online for sure! When I receive my key... (signed up 25 minutes after the offer was up) Will be the first time I'm doing online multiplayer oO
When you applied, do you remember if there was the logo of AvP displayed or The Witcher Adventure game? I remember G-Doc saying that you would have to apply again, since in the beginning, the application form was only for The Witcher: The Adventure Game and not for Aliens versus Predator. This might be an explanation why you have no key yet, altough, you were probably one of the first to sign up
born3088: When you applied, do you remember if there was the logo of AvP displayed or The Witcher Adventure game? I remember G-Doc saying that you would have to apply again, since in the beginning, the application form was only for The Witcher: The Adventure Game and not for Aliens versus Predator. This might be an explanation why you have no key yet, altough, you were probably one of the first to sign up
It was the AvP site already. The explanation why I didn't recieve the code yet lies here ;) It's a BETA test. They can't allow thousands of users at once, or we all would be playing "GOGBear vs. Predator" O.O
Blaze72: when it's eventually set up, Can i use my copy of the game or will i have to get the GOG version of avp just to play the multiplayer.
mobutu: You will be able to play avp2000 both in single and multiplayer without the galaxy client if you chooose to do so.
That's the thing. You won't be able to play multiplayer without galaxy.
Check Gamersgate. They have the DRM-free version of AvP Classic 2000 and it doesn't support MP! Only the steam version did. Now, if GOG is going to make it work again, it's going to be through galaxy.
I expect the standalone version will be made available for singleplayer, but I really wouldn't expect the same for multi.
born3088: When you applied, do you remember if there was the logo of AvP displayed or The Witcher Adventure game? I remember G-Doc saying that you would have to apply again, since in the beginning, the application form was only for The Witcher: The Adventure Game and not for Aliens versus Predator. This might be an explanation why you have no key yet, altough, you were probably one of the first to sign up
G-Doc said the opposite yesterday.

"f you entered today, after 10:00AM GMT (that's 25 minutes ago), you'll get AvP no matter what the page was saying.

Don't worry - you don't need to re-submit." Destro above also said that the majority of the codes would be sent after the sign-up period was over.
real.geizterfahr: we all would be playing "GOGBear vs. Predator" O.O
Not GOGBear vs. GOGBear?
Post edited October 16, 2014 by Grargar
Enebias: I sent my email less than an hour after the giveaway started and I have yet to recive my key!
Actually, I'm glad for this: it means that the interest is high! Hopefully, many people will help with the beta and not just grab a freebie...
lol i sent mine yesterday
ohwell no-one loves me
Attachments:
Shadowstalker16: Si I'll have to download the game AND Galaxy to test it out? Guess it kinda makes sense for an MP client, but will any other features be supported?
One_of_Many: GOG Galaxy is included in the game's installer.

Sadly it doesn't work with Wine yet, so I've played for a bit only the single-player mode.
Thanks! But prospect of getting good ping when most players are from the EU/ US is..........low to say the least.
You will be able to play avp2000 both in single and multiplayer without the galaxy client if you chooose to do so.

I was thinking more using my copy of the game with the galaxy client.
Post edited October 16, 2014 by Blaze72