It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Play a reimagined version of the all-time RPG classic from The Elder Scrolls series. Daggerfall Unity – GOG Cut brings this amazing experience to modern gamers. It has been made possible, thanks to the efforts of the GamerZakh, a gaming content creator with a love for classics.

The GOG Cut of Daggerfall Unity doesn’t require any special actions on your behalf. All you have to do is download the game and simply launch it. Thanks to settings and mods that were selected by GamerZakh you can explore the rich world of Daggerfall with enhanced visuals and gameplay.
low rated
Totenglocke: Anyone who makes mods only to be outraged that people play those mods needs to take down their mod page. Don't post things for people to download and play if you're going to throw a tantrum that people actually played it. That's just being a jerk purely for the sake of being a jerk.
TurdFerguson87: None of that is what this is about.
Except it is. Modders who want people to play their mods are happy to have someone recommend and share it. Only a colossal asshat posts something for people to download, then gets pissed off and claims someone "stole" it when they actually download and use it. Those people need to be shunned right out of the community for their toxic attitude and need for pointless drama.
Totenglocke: Only a colossal asshat posts something for people to download, then gets pissed off and claims someone "stole" it when they actually download and use it. Those people need to be shunned right out of the community for their toxic attitude and need for pointless drama.
As pointed out yesterday, the only toxic people here are trolls like yourself who repeatedly misrepresent the issue then yell "everyone but me is mentally ill" for the sake of attention seeking. Take a break from the forum if you can't hold a grown-up conversation.
BrianSim: Some people here seem stuck in a "can't see the forest for the trees" moment in promoting 'I want, I want, and I'll get away with what the law says' is more important to yourselves than showing a bit of basic respect to the modding community who made the mods you want to use, when such cheerleading of "Nice mod, I'll take it. Permission not needed, license is all that matters" approach would literally be the fastest thing that would kill off a potential GOG Workshop stone dead from day one. I was ambivalent about such a workshop for a while but after reading some of the "attitudes" here from ChuckBeaver's "Kick, scream and throw a tantrum" to your own "anyone who disagrees with me has severe mental issues", I hope & pray that a potential future GOG Workshop never ever becomes a thing if that's what the "modern" hyper-entitled GOG modding community has sadly already turned into...
Reading some comments above, I have to agree. I wouldn't want to see a GOG Workshop filled with such over-entitled a**holes hating on the same modders with "Give me everything I want pre-tweaked now, then shut up or I'll call you mentally ill crybabies". I don't see obnoxious comments like that on Nexus when a modder says they want to put it on Nexus but not Steam Workshop. The attitude of this 'community' is getting worse by the day... :-(
Post edited June 18, 2022 by ListyG
TurdFerguson87: None of that is what this is about.
Totenglocke: Except it is. Modders who want people to play their mods are happy to have someone recommend and share it. Only a colossal asshat posts something for people to download, then gets pissed off and claims someone "stole" it when they actually download and use it. Those people need to be shunned right out of the community for their toxic attitude and need for pointless drama.
Nope. The issue has nothing to do with modders not wanting people to use the mods. That's absurd. That's not what the issue is about. The issue is that GOG is duplicating their content without permission. It doesn't matter if you or others want to twist that to justify the fact the mods were free, when it was wrong of GOG to monopolize other people's content.

Modders would be perfectly fine if people used the mods sourced from one of their own places - just not from GOG. Simple. They are not preventing people using the mods. Their complaint was never about use of the mods. The complaint was that GOG went over their heads and bundled their content without permission.
Cool release, but why is there no Linux and macOS version? Daggerfall Unity has binaries for both.
ListyG: Reading some comments above, I have to agree. I wouldn't want to see a GOG Workshop filled with such over-entitled a**holes hating on the same modders with "Give me everything I want pre-tweaked now, then shut up or I'll call you mentally ill crybabies". I don't see obnoxious comments like that on Nexus when a modder says they want to put it on Nexus but not Steam Workshop. The attitude of this 'community' is getting worse by the day... :-(
on the other side of the coin, it's not a great look when all the other modders have been ok with the idea. looking at magicono's (i see that mod is now removed from the GOG pack) comments have me wondering why this modder claims they were not being respected enough, and then claiming the GOG pack is rubbish, which looks like this modder is showing a lack of respect for the work of all the other creators in the mod list.

that said i hope GOG learned a lesson from this, and go to the nth degree to make sure they are doing the right thing.
ListyG: Reading some comments above, I have to agree. I wouldn't want to see a GOG Workshop filled with such over-entitled a**holes hating on the same modders with "Give me everything I want pre-tweaked now, then shut up or I'll call you mentally ill crybabies". I don't see obnoxious comments like that on Nexus when a modder says they want to put it on Nexus but not Steam Workshop. The attitude of this 'community' is getting worse by the day... :-(
tedeee: on the other side of the coin, it's not a great look when all the other modders have been ok with the idea. looking at magicono's (i see that mod is now removed from the GOG pack) comments have me wondering why this modder claims they were not being respected enough, and then claiming the GOG pack is rubbish, which looks like this modder is showing a lack of respect for the work of all the other creators in the mod list.

that said i hope GOG learned a lesson from this, and go to the nth degree to make sure they are doing the right thing.
There are at least 3 other mod makers who were not contacted (there's maybe more who don't want to participate in a discussion or have no time for this). Also there are plenty of people who share the same thought on gog cut, that gog had very low quality of communication in this case. This "we contacted all creators" feels like another "many gamers" bs.
low rated
tedeee: on the other side of the coin, it's not a great look when all the other modders have been ok with the idea. looking at magicono's (i see that mod is now removed from the GOG pack) comments have me wondering why this modder claims they were not being respected enough, and then claiming the GOG pack is rubbish, which looks like this modder is showing a lack of respect for the work of all the other creators in the mod list.

AWG43: There are at least 3 other mod makers who were not contacted (there's maybe more who don't want to participate in a discussion or have no time for this). Also there are plenty of people who share the same thought on gog cut, that gog had very low quality of communication in this case. This "we contacted all creators" feels like another "many gamers" bs.
it was implied that i was including all modders who didn't want their mod in the pack, not just the one. it's still a small percentage. and i think you are incorrect saying some where not contacted at all, as i have read elsewhere that modders had been contacted, but had not had a fair chance to reply to the request from GOG. to be fair to GOG, their actions have still been in line with the Nexus mods sites terms of distribution, and as requested have removed mods that creators have asked to remove, which said modders have every right to do. you are outright assuming that the other modders feel the same.

my only gripe with GOG on this occasion is putting their own name on the Company listing of the store page.

the "poor quality" reference to the GOG cut was about the contents of the pack itself, not about communication prior to the release.
Post edited June 18, 2022 by tedeee
magicono: I don't think it was intentional, but that does not change my stance that I don't want my mod/mods distributed in this way. Especially after showing lack of respect by not even bothering to contact me and others before releasing this pre-pack anyway.
Gede: I hope that this goof by GOG results only on the company learning a lesson and not on leaving a sour taste on your mouth.
The dedication and effort that you and other modders invested is recognized and appreciated by the users. That has not changed.
Thanks for the kind regards, Gede, that is much appreciated as well. Though after this whole thing I seriously have no interest in "working" or being associated with GoG in anyway involving any of my mods at least.

The seemingly negative opinions that many apparently have for modders that don't enjoy being walked all over by a large company like GoG is... disconcerting to say the least.

But I want to make it clear that those that have more positive things to say are very much appreciated, even though I (and others) don't always do that properly or frequently enough. As usual the negative stuff always sticks around longer than the positive, but that does not mean we/I don't appreciate it immensely.

I mostly just wanted this crap to be over with after getting my request for removal fulfilled, but today have only gotten more direct negative feed-back for daring to step on GoG's toes and not sitting back and taking it.

Negatives aspects aside, thanks for the kind words and I hope this does not sour any opinions of me from the users I actually care about that enjoy what I make.
Post edited June 18, 2022 by magicono
tedeee: And i think you are incorrect saying some where not contacted at all, as i have read elsewhere that modders had been contacted, but had not had a fair chance to reply to the request from GOG.
This is where you are wrong. I was never contacted. I had to go out of my way to get in contact with them to get my request for removal heard. There were others as well that had gotten no contact either, just because they have not made complaint about it, does not mean it did not happen.
Post edited June 18, 2022 by magicono
Gede: I hope that this goof by GOG results only on the company learning a lesson and not on leaving a sour taste on your mouth.
The dedication and effort that you and other modders invested is recognized and appreciated by the users. That has not changed.
magicono: Thanks for the kind regards, Gede, that is much appreciated as well. Though after this whole thing I seriously have no interest in "working" or being associated with GoG in anyway involving any of my mods at least.

The seemingly negative opinions that many apparently have for modders that don't enjoy being walked all over by a large company like GoG is... disconcerting to say the least.

But I want to make it clear that those that have more positive things to say are very much appreciated, even though I (and others) don't always do that properly or frequently enough. As usual the negative stuff always sticks around longer than the positive, but that does not mean we/I don't appreciate it immensely.

I mostly just wanted this crap to be over with after getting my request for removal fulfilled, but today have only gotten more direct negative feed-back for daring to step on GoG's toes and not sitting back and taking it.

Negatives aspects aside, thanks for the kind words and I hope this does not sour any opinions of me from the users I actually care about that enjoy what I make.
Good to know that a vocal minority won't stop you continuing to release much needed and quality mods. Keep it up, Magicono! :)
tedeee: And i think you are incorrect saying some where not contacted at all, as i have read elsewhere that modders had been contacted, but had not had a fair chance to reply to the request from GOG.
magicono: This is where you are wrong. I was never contacted. I had to go out of my way to get in contact with them to get my request for removal heard. There were others as well that had gotten no contact either, just because they have not made complaint about it, does not mean it did not happen.
and going by Nexus mods rules, they didn't have to, only credit the work, yet they still attempted to contact mods. Nexus site rules are pretty open and i couldn't find a way to easily establish licences for each mod. as per Nexus mods rules, you also have the rights to pull your mods from a distribution, which GOG has done as you requested. you at least have to admit that GOG has followed Nexus' rules still. i'm not here singing that mods should be open slather, that's just unfair to modders. but GOG didn't do anything aggregiously wrong per the rules of the site the mods are listed on. i'm tired of hearing "GOG bad just because" in this case.

on the other hand GOG has exposed some mods that i would never have found. and i make donations to mods i enjoy where the option is available.
Post edited June 19, 2022 by tedeee
low rated
BrianSim: Some people here seem stuck in a "can't see the forest for the trees" moment in promoting 'I want, I want, and I'll get away with what the law says' is more important to yourselves than showing a bit of basic respect to the modding community who made the mods you want to use, when such cheerleading of "Nice mod, I'll take it. Permission not needed, license is all that matters" approach would literally be the fastest thing that would kill off a potential GOG Workshop stone dead from day one. I was ambivalent about such a workshop for a while but after reading some of the "attitudes" here from ChuckBeaver's "Kick, scream and throw a tantrum" to your own "anyone who disagrees with me has severe mental issues", I hope & pray that a potential future GOG Workshop never ever becomes a thing if that's what the "modern" hyper-entitled GOG modding community has sadly already turned into...
The only ones with a bad attitude are the people you're defending who are angry that people are playing the mods they uploaded specifically for the purpose of people playing. Don't upload something for people to play if you're going to be a jackass and get angry that they played it.
low rated
magicono: Thanks for the kind regards, Gede, that is much appreciated as well. Though after this whole thing I seriously have no interest in "working" or being associated with GoG in anyway involving any of my mods at least.

You're getting crap for posting mods, then getting outraged that people played those mods. If you don't want people to play them, take your page down. There's zero difference between if a person goes to nexus and downloads your mod or gets it through a single-click installer, it's free either way. The only reason you're mad is because of the same "no casuals!" mentality that holds linux back where you don't want the average person to have access to it just because you think they're not "skilled" enough to use it.
high rated
Totenglocke: The only ones with a bad attitude are...
...Are those shoveling out bile like "off your meds, severe mental issues, asshat, toxic attitude, he needs drumming out of the modding community, jackass" against a modding community that just gave you free content. And that is you. The issue already appears to have been sorted yet you're still here "piling on" with your ego. If you feel you can do any better, then step forward create your own mods and "put up or shut up".