It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

shmerl: They modified it. So making a repo for their version is a good idea.
linuxvangog: Any changes to the MojoSetup we made you can find in the .lua scripts and the shell kickstart script - you can review them after unpacking the installer manually. We didn't modify the binaries.
So to file bug reports, we should do it against MojoSetup upstream? For instance not to create that pointless $HOME/.gnome directory.
Linux demo of Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun is out on GOG at last.
linuxvangog: Any changes to the MojoSetup we made you can find in the .lua scripts and the shell kickstart script - you can review them after unpacking the installer manually. We didn't modify the binaries.
I figured out where $HOME/.gnome comes from. The culprit is xdg-desktop-menu script which you use. It uses pretty obsolete logic, like trying to assume that one needs to use stuff like $HOME/.gnome/apps and $HOME/.kde/share/applnk to place .desktop launchers. That's simply wrong these days. Neither Gnome, nor KDE should use those! They should all go in XDG compliant locations, which is $XDG_DATA_HOME/applications or $HOME/.local/share/applications if $XDG_DATA_HOME is not defined. Cleaning this script up would fix this lingering $HOME/.gnome which continues cluttering $HOME directory after each run of GOG installer.
Post edited December 20, 2016 by shmerl
shmerl: I figured out where $HOME/.gnome comes from. The culprit is xdg-desktop-menu script which you use. It uses pretty obsolete logic, like trying to assume that one needs to use stuff like $HOME/.gnome/apps and $HOME/.kde/share/applnk to place .desktop launchers. That's simply wrong these days. Neither Gnome, nor KDE should use those! They should all go in XDG compliant locations, which is $XDG_DATA_HOME/applications or $HOME/.local/share/applications if $XDG_DATA_HOME is not defined. Cleaning this script up would fix this lingering $HOME/.gnome which continues cluttering $HOME directory after each run of GOG installer.
the script is part of xdg-utils
https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/xdg-utils/

there is actually an open bug for your case (sort of):
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=90775
Post edited December 20, 2016 by immi101
immi101: the script is part of xdg-utils

Yeah, I noticed that (and version that GOG use is older than the current one, but even the current one is still wrong). I'm kind of surprised it wasn't fixed upstream yet.
immi101: the script is part of xdg-utils

shmerl: Yeah, I noticed that (and version that GOG use is older than the current one, but even the current one is still wrong). I'm kind of surprised it wasn't fixed upstream yet.
Once the issue is fixed in xdg-utils there should be no problem in moving to the latest version. Until that, I'm sorry, but you'll have to deal with one extra hidden folder in your $HOME.
linuxvangog: Once the issue is fixed in xdg-utils there should be no problem in moving to the latest version.
kde_user_dir is obsolete as well.
linuxvangog: Once the issue is fixed in xdg-utils there should be no problem in moving to the latest version.
shmerl: kde_user_dir is obsolete as well.
well, the problem is, it is only obsolete if you don't use an outdated KDE (or GNOME ) ;)
not sure about the exact time frames here, ie how old would your distro have to be, to be still running GNOME 2 ?
maybe there are still affected LTS distro releases out there?
shmerl: kde_user_dir is obsolete as well.
immi101: well, the problem is, it is only obsolete if you don't use an outdated KDE (or GNOME ) ;)
not sure about the exact time frames here, ie how old would your distro have to be, to be still running GNOME 2 ?
maybe there are still affected LTS distro releases out there?
Solaris was still using Gnome 2, but Oracle is planning to kill it from what I've heard. Besides, if xdg-utils aim to support ancient installations, they need to detect them and address that case explicitly, instead of blindly creating all that clutter in all cases.
I am awful at searching the internet and could not find how to, or whether there is any way but making a new install, change from KDE to something else. Complicating matters is that this is on a multi-OS system.

Anyone wiser than me able to give me some pointers?
Themken: I am awful at searching the internet and could not find how to, or whether there is any way but making a new install, change from KDE to something else. Complicating matters is that this is on a multi-OS system.

Normally, desktop environments can coexist. So just install whatever metapackage in your distro is made for installing another DE. Then your display manager usually detects that there is another DE installed, and when you are at the login screen, you should be able to select what DE to log into. Depending on the DE, some display managers tend to work better than others, so you might want to switch the display manager as well.
Themken: I am awful at searching the internet and could not find how to, or whether there is any way but making a new install, change from KDE to something else. Complicating matters is that this is on a multi-OS system.

shmerl: Normally, desktop environments can coexist. So just install whatever metapackage in your distro is made for installing another DE. Then your display manager usually detects that there is another DE installed, and when you are at the login screen, you should be able to select what DE to log into. Depending on the DE, some display managers tend to work better than others, so you might want to switch the display manager as well.
Thanks! It worked. I have been playing around a bit with this to see what I want and on which computer, even mixing different components with various success.
shmerl: Normally, desktop environments can coexist. So just install whatever metapackage in your distro is made for installing another DE. Then your display manager usually detects that there is another DE installed, and when you are at the login screen, you should be able to select what DE to log into. Depending on the DE, some display managers tend to work better than others, so you might want to switch the display manager as well.
Themken: Thanks! It worked. I have been playing around a bit with this to see what I want and on which computer, even mixing different components with various success.
That's the beauty of this whole "desktop environments" system. They're all just piles of programs which communicate through standard APIs. Mix-and-match to your heart's content.
mmogogirl: So everything that's matchmade [including] new modes and new maps, will be given for free to the players. We'll also have other free content. We are a big team supporting the game after launch."Notice the caveat .rsgole everything that's matchmade." This could mean that the game could collow a Rainbow Six Siege model where maps and modes are free, but heroes will cost extra or possibly be part of a Season Pass.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
A person with ability plus flexibility should apply.
I'm pretty sure you posted in the wrong thread.
ssokolow: I'm pretty sure you posted in the wrong thread.
Wasn't that spam without the link? In which case it's always in the wrong thread or the correct thread.
Post edited January 09, 2017 by Gydion