It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Guys please, don't feed the troll, he's already creating too many useless OT posts..
high rated
Dischord: Snip.
Please don't derail the thread with offtopic posts.

@fronzelneekburm, @eric5h5 - there's no need for insults. General warning to everyone not to engage in fights with other users.
People, just giving my two cents here, should The Evil Within be on the list? Recently play the game on Xbox and it feels different from the original. Yes, the game update add a some really interesting QoL features, but the increase of the running time severely affect the gameplay it lost that tension of the first levels and in a horror game is a really bad thing, at least for me but I think more people will agree with me, if I have to recommend a version I would recommend the regular ones without the update.
Just to pitch in a little bit.
It seems that The Long Dark is getting a first ever paid expansion called "Tales from the Far Territory".

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/the-long-darks-mountainous-survival-mode-expansion-beckons-in-december

Now with the base game delisted from GOG I doubt that we will be getting this expansion, or maybe there are plans to bring it back altogether when the expansion launches in December.
KetobaK: People, just giving my two cents here, should The Evil Within be on the list? Recently play the game on Xbox and it feels different from the original. Yes, the game update add a some really interesting QoL features, but the increase of the running time severely affect the gameplay it lost that tension of the first levels and in a horror game is a really bad thing, at least for me but I think more people will agree with me, if I have to recommend a version I would recommend the regular ones without the update.
It should be on the list, if the Steam or Epic or any other PC version are better or offer more content.
This thread is not about comparing games to other versions, but to what gets offered on GOG in comparison to other PC stores.
Naathir: or maybe there are plans to bring it back altogether when the expansion launches in December.
I really hope it does, as I failed to purchase it (because of lack of story mode) the few days leading up to it being removed from GoG (and have been kicking myself ever since)...
Superpower 3 is 1.0b while steam is 1.02
I don't know if that's worth to mention here, but unlike on Steam, Xbox Live & PS4 there are no achievements available for The Colonists on GOG & Epic. I have at least written to the developer to see if there are any plans.

Update for the Turmoil case: 2.09 on GOG, 3.0.70 on Steam. Although I have participated in threads in which the developer takes part, he stubbornly ignores inquiries regarding the GOG situation, while there is multiplayer support on Steam in the meantime. Stubborn case, here you can really only advise against GOG purchase.
Post edited October 22, 2022 by yannif
yannif: I don't know if that's worth to mention here, but unlike on Steam, Xbox Live & PS4 there are no achievements available for The Colonists on GOG & Epic. I have at least written to the developer to see if there are any plans.
This thread doesn't concern itself with missing achievements; those are tracked in List of broken GOG Achievements. The Colonists is already on the list there.
yannif: Stubborn case, here you can really only advise against GOG purchase.
There lies the problem. Do you think someone is coming to check the forum to see if their prospective purchase has been supported by developers every time? It also doesn't help when GOG puts known offending games on sale and people are none the wiser.

No this isn't in the same vein as Dischord's ramblings; this is a blunt observation of time-tested abuse with regards to a second thread with thousands of posts.
tap3ah: Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion Ultimate Edition should be removed from the list since Minor Factions DLC is just released on GOG.
Also the build version is in sync with Steam now.

Also both things mentioned about Succubus have been resolved as of August.

Also the Forsaken Remastered patch from 2018 (1.4.1) was put on GOG in 2020:
https://www.gogdb.org/product/1624591191#changelog
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/668980/view/4040248138383523906

Also Guilds of Dungeoneering is no longer (as) out of date as of the Ultimate Edition update:
https://www.gogdb.org/product/1432809186#downloads
Post edited October 23, 2022 by Plok_HR
KetobaK: People, just giving my two cents here, should The Evil Within be on the list? Recently play the game on Xbox and it feels different from the original. Yes, the game update add a some really interesting QoL features, but the increase of the running time severely affect the gameplay it lost that tension of the first levels and in a horror game is a really bad thing, at least for me but I think more people will agree with me, if I have to recommend a version I would recommend the regular ones without the update.
neumi5694: It should be on the list, if the Steam or Epic or any other PC version are better or offer more content.
This thread is not about comparing games to other versions, but to what gets offered on GOG in comparison to other PC stores.
But he problem is that in this case make the game worse in some aspects, sometimes is better to have an outdsted version than a broken or worse version, another example of this is Jagged Alliance Deadly Games, the games has the latest update on Steam, but that update break the game and make it unplayable! Sometimes less is better on particular cases.
Post edited October 24, 2022 by KetobaK
micktiegs_8: I guess people gave up on this game but Death Road to Canada is seemingly abandoned here. Last GOG update was March '21 Liver update (confirmed in game). Last major Steam update was April '22.

Can't believe this shit still happens.
The devs have tweeted that GOG will catch up to be on par with Steam after the next big update:
https://twitter.com/rocketcatgames/status/1583839230786433025
neumi5694: It should be on the list, if the Steam or Epic or any other PC version are better or offer more content.
KetobaK: But he problem is that in this case make the game worse in some aspects, sometimes is better to have an outdsted version than a broken or worse version, another example of this is Jagged Alliance Deadly Games, the games has the latest update on Steam, but that update break the game and make it unplayable! Sometimes less is better on particular cases.
Yes, that can happen of course. Sometimes it's good to be treaded as second class customer.
KetobaK: But he problem is that in this case make the game worse in some aspects, sometimes is better to have an outdsted version than a broken or worse version, another example of this is Jagged Alliance Deadly Games, the games has the latest update on Steam, but that update break the game and make it unplayable! Sometimes less is better on particular cases.
neumi5694: Yes, that can happen of course. Sometimes it's good to be treaded as second class customer.
While this is indeed a nice side-effect of 2nd class treatement (or that the devs even have forgotten they have they stuff on GOG too), I wouldn't mind if the things were kept on-par with other storefronts.
I mean, GOG does give the possibility to roll your version back a few revisions (I think five), and offers the option to opt out of automatic updates.
Post edited October 24, 2022 by Andrzejef