It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EnforcerSunWoo: Anybody have any idea on this?

https://www.gog.com/forum/hotline_miami_series/hotline_miami_double_barrel_shotgun_sound_bug

Contacted more delinquent devs/publishers, will see if anything is accomplished or not.
ChrisG_: It shouldn't be an issue with lacking patches seeing as the last update was 2015 on steam and 2017/19 on GOG which brought the version back then up to date so it's either that those updates introduced something or that it randomly bugged because versions between stores sometimes differs slightly.
Fair enough, it is difficult when GOG has their own version #s that are different than that of the devs. Kinda makes figuring out which versions are which a pain without posted changelogs here.
ChrisG_: It shouldn't be an issue with lacking patches seeing as the last update was 2015 on steam and 2017/19 on GOG which brought the version back then up to date so it's either that those updates introduced something or that it randomly bugged because versions between stores sometimes differs slightly.
EnforcerSunWoo: Fair enough, it is difficult when GOG has their own version #s that are different than that of the devs. Kinda makes figuring out which versions are which a pain without posted changelogs here.
That is true, the YS VIII Drive hotfix you posted about is not listed on steam either from what i can see, only the durante update which GOG received 10 days later than at January 27th 2020 so by all info listed by both stores GOG should have all fixes for that too. How was that discovered and maybe the same can be done for Hotline Miami because the stores do no list any differences.
EnforcerSunWoo: Fair enough, it is difficult when GOG has their own version #s that are different than that of the devs. Kinda makes figuring out which versions are which a pain without posted changelogs here.
ChrisG_: That is true, the YS VIII Drive hotfix you posted about is not listed on steam either from what i can see, only the durante update which GOG received 10 days later than at January 27th 2020 so by all info listed by both stores GOG should have all fixes for that too. How was that discovered and maybe the same can be done for Hotline Miami because the stores do no list any differences.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/2/3476150562417165249/?ctp=4

I did some digging and found that it was fixed on Steam. Owned the game here for quite a while, but finally got around to installing the HQ Texture pack and can confirm that it is still broken here. Which is why I contacted NISA about it and still waiting on them to get back to me on that.
ChrisG_: That is true, the YS VIII Drive hotfix you posted about is not listed on steam either from what i can see, only the durante update which GOG received 10 days later than at January 27th 2020 so by all info listed by both stores GOG should have all fixes for that too. How was that discovered and maybe the same can be done for Hotline Miami because the stores do no list any differences.
EnforcerSunWoo: https://steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/2/3476150562417165249/?ctp=4

I did some digging and found that it was fixed on Steam. Owned the game here for quite a while, but finally got around to installing the HQ Texture pack and can confirm that it is still broken here. Which is why I contacted NISA about it and still waiting on them to get back to me on that.
Hmm technically the same could be done for Hotline i guess but randomly finding a bug ingame might more difficult than an drive issue but i might play around a bit more on GOG and see what i can find, i don't have the steam version though.
Post edited November 16, 2021 by ChrisG_
EnforcerSunWoo: https://steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/2/3476150562417165249/?ctp=4

ChrisG_: Hmm technically the same could be done for Hotline i guess but randomly finding a bug ingame might more difficult than an drive issue but i might play around a bit more on GOG and see what i can find, i don't have the steam version though.
I haven't found anything about Hotline Miami at all in my searching, so your guess is as good as mine.
high rated
EnforcerSunWoo: Anybody have any idea on this?

https://www.gog.com/forum/hotline_miami_series/hotline_miami_double_barrel_shotgun_sound_bug

Contacted more delinquent devs/publishers, will see if anything is accomplished or not.
Unfortunately, a version parity between Steam and GOG is by no means a guarantee that all fixes made on Steam are the same as those made on GOG, even when we are provided with a changelog. After all, everything is handled by humans who can make mistakes, and the number of a version of a game is decided arbitrarily, no one can guarantee us that every single file is identical between all stores.

For example, the GOG version of Control has a bug that causes the game to crash during a boss fight that isn't present in other store versions.
Darksiders Genesis has a bug that has been fixed in the Steam version that prevented you from hearing the soundtrack during the end credits. Although the version is identical to the Steam version, the bug is still present on GOG.
In the GOG version of Ruiner, the Arena leaderboard never worked properly.
In all of these cases, the publishers have never done anything despite multiple reports of these bugs.

These are very specific cases that can only be uncovered by fans of the games who can make comparisons between versions, so I wouldn't be surprised if Hotline Miami is also a similar case.
Alexim: In the GOG version of Ruiner, the Arena leaderboard never worked properly.
I opened support ticket 1025172 for that. After nearly a month, the response was,
Problem has been forwarded to QA Team for verification, unfortunately I'm unable to promise when exactly it could be fixed.
That was on April 26th.
According to GOGDB, Staxel has received the 1.5.63 update today and should be on par with the Steam version now. I'm not seing any information about Staxel CE, however. Can someone who owns the game confirm whether Staxel CE is now part of the GOG package or not?
I just sent a support ticket to Ghostlight asking for the cut contents of Agarest 2 and Zero to be added back. Now to wait and hope they don't ignore my ticket.
Exsurgent: According to GOGDB, Staxel has received the 1.5.63 update today and should be on par with the Steam version now. I'm not seing any information about Staxel CE, however. Can someone who owns the game confirm whether Staxel CE is now part of the GOG package or not?
Yes, the regular version of Staxel is finally on par with the Steam version, but unfortunately no sign of Staxel CE, and of the Mac and Linux versions.
Blackwell Epiphany is more expensive on GOG than on Steam.

On Steam, the price was reduced to $9.99 (from $14.99) in 2016, while on GOG it still costs $14.99.

I'll check out other games from Wadjet Eye later. Perhaps some of them also have outdated price tags.
Rejoice, for Ion Fury hath finally attained patch 2.0 on GOG!

Alexim: Yes, the regular version of Staxel is finally on par with the Steam version, but unfortunately no sign of Staxel CE, and of the Mac and Linux versions.
That's a bummer, considering someone made the effort to update the core game in the first place. Could be a bad sign that they don't intend to bring CE here at all.

OHMYGODJCABOMB: Blackwell Epiphany is more expensive on GOG than on Steam.
Now that sounds like the kind of issue GOG could actually be bothered to take action on if someone brought it up to them, simply because this probably directly impacts their sales.
Alexim: the GOG version of Control has a bug that causes the game to crash during a boss fight that isn't present in other store versions.
According to PCGamingWiki this isn't exclusive to the GoG version?
And seems to be entirely dependent on the individual hardware setup, at least going by the wildly different solutions that people claim "fixed it for them".
Finally, I never doubted Ion Fury 2.0 would arrive because it is in true Voidpoint tradition to take their sweet fucking time but they always trickle in sooner or later, still i will not buy their future games because of this so i guess i should thank them.

Alexim: the GOG version of Control has a bug that causes the game to crash during a boss fight that isn't present in other store versions.
Swedrami: According to PCGamingWiki this isn't exclusive to the GoG version?
And seems to be entirely dependent on the individual hardware setup, at least going by the wildly different solutions that people claim "fixed it for them".
No it's not exlusive for GOG, too many people take a few individuals at their words far too easily without taking taking in consideration that testing bugs between stores requires a decent sample. I know for a fact that people has had that particular bug on both Steam and Epic and not too long ago.
Post edited November 17, 2021 by ChrisG_
Swedrami: According to PCGamingWiki this isn't exclusive to the GoG version?
I've read in the past several posts stating that the same person, with the same computer, had the crash with the GOG version, but not with the Epic version for example. I couldn't say more because I couldn't test it personally.