It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Edit: Is the forum acting up? Editing right now is a pain.
Post edited November 13, 2021 by NuffCatnip
high rated
Hehehe fuck Mike Rose, fuck Mike Rose ! lazy bastard always come up with excuses for why his are out of date or missing content and i'm happy to never have paid for his shit games.

Motherfuckers like this is the reason why GOG needs to see over who they do business with to clean up this list, luckily in recent years i have learned which devs keep their games up to snuff with updates and content so i don't need to worry anymore and there's still plenty of the good ones left so screw Mike.

Ahem sry for the rant but seeing Mikes name pop up gets on my nerves, imagine being so shit at your job that you can't be bothered to update your games for people who paid for your product unless pushed to it and maybe barely even then, i mean by that point most people would have been fired from their normal workplaces for similar behavior.
Post edited November 13, 2021 by ChrisG_
Before we get completely into lynch mob territory, let's just remember that there are plenty of developers out there who think exactly like Mike Rose, except they don't go public with their opinion. I'm not saying that to defend him, but to point out that this is a pervasive problem for us as customers (not just on GOG) and we shouldn't focus our ire on him alone.

If anything, he's just a representative of the new breed of indie devs who're more than happy to support monopolistic companies with their releases if it improves their revenue.

EDIT: Just to create a tentative connection with the topic of this thread: Industria hasn't yet received the 1.0.6 patch on GOG. The patch was released on 31 October 2021 on Steam.
Post edited November 13, 2021 by Exsurgent
high rated
Exsurgent: Before we get completely into lynch mob territory, let's just remember that there are plenty of developers out there who think exactly like Mike Rose, except they don't go public with their opinion. I'm not saying that to defend him, but to point out that this is a pervasive problem for us as customers (not just on GOG) and we shouldn't focus our ire on him alone.

If anything, he's just a representative of the new breed of indie devs who're more than happy to support monopolistic companies with their releases if it improves their revenue.

EDIT: Just to create a tentative connection with the topic of this thread: Industria hasn't yet received the 1.0.6 patch on GOG. The patch was released on 31 October 2021 on Steam.
Ofc there is plenty of these devs but Rami Ismail and Mike Rose are literally the self appointed poster boys of developers who think like this and take every opportunity to rub it into your face, atleast Mike has the courtesy of visiting the forum to defend his bullshit.

All of these opportunists needs to be called out and i don't care who it falls on to take the heat, list them all for all i care. Maybe if some people weren't so obsessed trying to overrule curation all the time we could actually have a few months of fewer releases and trying to get GOG to eject these shitty devs and games from the store.
bluethief: Just came across this tweet from Mike Rose from No More Robots (Yes, Your Grace, Nowhere Prophet) that I think it's relevant for this thread:

https://twitter.com/RaveofRavendale/status/1459196810820476940
He's just a game publisher ( ex-tinyBuild employee ) . He only cares about money .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_More_Robots
Can someone list the games he has released on GOG please so I know which ones to avoid?
high rated
Doc0075: Can someone list the games he has released on GOG please so I know which ones to avoid?
Luckily they haven't published a lot on gog:

Yes, Your Grace
Hypnospace Outlaw
Not Tonight
Nowhere Prophet

Edit: Added hyperlinks.

On a sidenote, I had Yes, Your Grace on my wishlist, but there's only one real ending which completely killed the game for me.
Post edited November 13, 2021 by NuffCatnip
I kind of respect the guy, at least the games realeased here are up tp date, if he decided to not publish their games here anymore, fine, prefer that than being treated as a second class citizen.

In other news, Othercide next update is confirmed to arrive on GOG simultaneously to the other stores.
Post edited November 13, 2021 by KetobaK
KetobaK: at peaat the games realeased here are up tp date, if he decided to not publish their games here anymore, fine, prefer that than being treated as a second class citizen.
I agree, that is commendable comparatively.

In theory, if a game is majority single-player, devs can wait until all major patches are finished / major bugs squashed, then throw the game up on GOG. It's far from ideal but that's better than second-class treatment. (I care about important bugfixes but not really client features, so - personally - missing achievements or multiplayer isn't necessarily "second-class" to me/my purchasing decisions, but I understand not everyone feels the same)
Post edited November 13, 2021 by tfishell
KetobaK: I kind of respect the guy, at peaat the games realeased here are up tp date, if he decided to not publish their games here anymore, fine, prefer that than being treated as a second class citizen.

In other news, Othercide next update is confirmed to arrive on GOG simultaneously to the other stores.
Not before his ass got grilled repeatedly for it and he couldn't leave his games permanently outdated or missing stuff here but he sure never gave a damn about users.

Personally i'm very forgiving when it comes to buggy or poorly launched games as long the devs promise to fix them which you can argue is bad thing but then there are other devs that do nothing of their own accord like Mike or Rami that only added dlcs or updates when they abandoned the store and after an abundance of complaints.

Still thank you for confirming that Othercide is getting updates again.
tfishell: In theory, if a game is majority single-player, devs can wait until all major patches are finished / major bugs squashed, then throw the game up on GOG. It's far from ideal but that's better than second-class treatment. (I care about important bugfixes but not really client features, so - personally - missing achievements or multiplayer isn't necessarily "second-class" to me/my purchasing decisions, but I understand not everyone feels the same)
From where I'm standing, only getting a game after it has ceased development is the right way to go, and that ensures no future missing patches. (And of course, being firmly against a client, features that require it aren't even irrelevant, they're harmful in my eyes.)
That still won't take care of the situations where you have missing Linux (or Mac) versions or missing content freely available elsewhere though. But would sort out most major stuff.
... Except in case of the devs who mainly look to maximize profits of course, like the above case, since most of those tend to be shortly after release. But those aren't, or shouldn't be, worth bothering with in the first place.
Can someone else take over the list so it can be properly maintained? Someone that will actually keep it up to date. There have been so many changes since the last update. Also seems like things are getting worse parity-wise here. Things were looking up for a while with a few longstanding patches showing up, but there has been more and more updates that have dropped to the wayside as of late. Some of which are from the same entities, with no changes at all. GOG is allowing this continue with no real action on their behalf. More or less saying that it is alright to sell broken products to it's customers.

It just would be nice to get the product that was paid for here, the same as on steam or any other store front. Things have to change with this. I mean, what the hell is the point of purchasing a new title if it is unknown if it will be updated here at all when a patch or hotfix is issued?

Going to post this yet, even if the wishlist is nothing but fluff.

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/require_devspublishers_to_maintain_update_parity_with_other_stores
Ys VIII is still missing the hotfix that corrects the F: drive error with the installation of the HQ Texture pack for some users.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/579180/discussions/2/3476150562417165249/?ctp=4

Also got this back on the 10th after contacting NISA concerning the missing Ys VIII hotfix. See what happens, if anything at all...

Hello,

Thank you for your message. I am happy to help!

Although we Support Prinnies are unable to confirm patches for our titles at this time, we have forwarded this information internally to the appropriate party, and we thank you for bringing this to our attention.

If there is anything else that we may assist you with, please let us know.

Best wishes,

Support Prinny

NISA Online Store
NIS America, Inc.
EnforcerSunWoo: Can someone else take over the list so it can be properly maintained? Someone that will actually keep it up to date.
I agree, but IMO they should also accept direct contributions from the people usually reporting.
BlackRiot suggested to allow commenting on the doc, so the new owner(s) would just need to approve them.
Elt is doing his best, but the task is simply too much for too few people.

I'll also repost this again, but at this point probably everyone interested already voted on it:
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/no_more_outdated_or_abandoned_games
Post edited November 14, 2021 by phaolo
Ok, since the developers have never answered me despite repeated requests, I'll report some outdated games that I don't think anyone has reported yet.

Staxel: the GOG version is stuck at update 1.5.59 (201211a), while on Steam it's up to 1.5.63.
Not only that, on Steam was released for free Staxel CE, a parallel version of the game with various extra changes that is now updated up to version s2.226.

THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH: The GOG version is still at update 1.0 hotfix1, while a year ago on Steam a mega-update called Rollback Major Upate was introduced by Code Mystics with many new features, such as: Rollback Netcode, Playback Support, New Graphics Settings etc.
Apparently on GOG there is a different version of the game managed by GOG itself in agreement with SNK and so it isn't clear if and how this update will ever arrive.

THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98 ULTIMATE MATCH FINAL EDITION: the GOG version is still at update 1.0 hotfix1, while the Steam version will soon follow the fate of 2002, even if for now it's still in beta.