It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mqstout: Link in top post mentions Stardew Valley and Grim Dawn as "missing soundtrack". Both games sell their soundtrack independently on Bandcamp. Well, in fact Stardew Valley's soundtrack is now free on bandcamp. Not selling the soundtrack on a particular storefront should not have an lesser-treatment qualifications, especially when it is sold independently.
Seems you took a wrong turn on the way to the Games that treat Bandcamp customers as first class citizens thread.
mqstout: Link in top post mentions Stardew Valley and Grim Dawn as "missing soundtrack". Both games sell their soundtrack independently on Bandcamp. Well, in fact Stardew Valley's soundtrack is now free on bandcamp. Not selling the soundtrack on a particular storefront should not have an lesser-treatment qualifications, especially when it is sold independently.
Even if I tend to disagree (this thread is about games that have content ot bonus items on steam or epic, but not on GOG), thanks for the info. Grabbed the OST right away.

Btw, we also have a few (really, I mean FEW) items as well which you can't get anywhere else: For example the soundtrack to Born Punk, which is exclusive to GOG.
Post edited September 23, 2022 by neumi5694
high rated
It seems like somebody is carefully monitoring this thread, because the Soundtrack DLC for Stardew Valley has now been released on GOG:

https://www.gog.com/game/stardew_valley_soundtrack
high rated
SonOfAThief: It seems like somebody is carefully monitoring this thread, because the Soundtrack DLC for Stardew Valley has now been released on GOG:

https://www.gog.com/game/stardew_valley_soundtrack
Wish they'd carefully monitor and fix the broken GOG version of Blood Bowl Chaos Edition I bought over a year ago, and got stuck with because I didn't know about it until well after the 30 day refund period:

https://www.gog.com/forum/blood_bowl_series/blood_bowl_chaos_edition_bug_issues/page1
Post edited September 23, 2022 by Lucian_Galca
May have been brought up before, but I haven't seen it in the spreadsheet: Doom 3 BFG is missing the vanilla version of Doom 3 & Expansion that is now included by default with the Steam version.
fronzelneekburm: May have been brought up before, but I haven't seen it in the spreadsheet: Doom 3 BFG is missing the vanilla version of Doom 3 & Expansion that is now included by default with the Steam version.
You even replied to it being brought up before :)
But latest word was that list was updated up to post 3217. That's from May 13.
Post edited September 24, 2022 by Cavalary
Lucian_Galca: Wish they'd carefully monitor and fix the broken GOG version of Blood Bowl Chaos Edition I bought over a year ago, and got stuck with because I didn't know about it until well after the 30 day refund period:

https://www.gog.com/forum/blood_bowl_series/blood_bowl_chaos_edition_bug_issues/page1
Looks like "they" (Cyanide Studios) don't monitor these threads, while others (ConcernedApe) do.

Which means there's good devs who care and those who don't.
Post edited September 24, 2022 by neumi5694
Are there any instances where the mac version of a game is horribly out of date compared to other platforms?
neumi5694: I am not quite sure if there was a difference. The "Windows 95" version would still run the game in DOS mode as far as I remember. If at all, then they added a Window 95 compatible installer, but I would not even bet on that.

We actually have a superior version now since it can be installed on Windows 7,8,10 and 11.

ps: 16 Bit Windows software doesn't run on our 64 Bit computers.
From what I remember the Win 95 version was supposed to have 'enhanced' audio.
neumi5694: I am not quite sure if there was a difference. The "Windows 95" version would still run the game in DOS mode as far as I remember. If at all, then they added a Window 95 compatible installer, but I would not even bet on that.

We actually have a superior version now since it can be installed on Windows 7,8,10 and 11.

ps: 16 Bit Windows software doesn't run on our 64 Bit computers.
pferreira1983: From what I remember the Win 95 version was supposed to have 'enhanced' audio.
Do you have any reference for that?
I watched a video of the Windows 95 verison. I would have to lie if I said I heared any difference
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-4R6eeQSNc

You got me curious however, so I got my hand on the ISO files of the windows 95 version nd compared it with the DOS version (using winmerge, which compares the content of all files).
The source files are identical, also the executable launcher for the DOS version. The windows 95 version has a updated readme, a DirectX directory, a setup utility and a file called RA2START.EXE. That is a 16 bit windows program and therefore does not run on modern machines. Also some system files are different.
Theoretically it would be possible that the game used the DirectX soundcard settings to run with 44100KHz, the DOS version is set to 22050 KHz (you can see that if you 'exit to launcher' then start the 'setup' and 'advanced settings'). But since the source files are in low quality in both cases, I doubt that it makes any difference.

But it's all just hypothetical anyway, that software does not run on any 64 Bit computer and I don't have a 16 or 32 bit computer to test it with and my SB16 is long gone (I have no intention to experiment with a XP VM).

The one thing I could do was to test the DOS version from the Windows 95 CDs, since some system files are different to what we got from GOG. Also this version only supports 22KHz, 640x480 and 20fps.
Post edited September 26, 2022 by neumi5694
high rated
Sanitarium has been updated. It's now powered by ScummVM and available in three languages: english, french and... german! Finally. Thank you, GOG!

The corresponding entry in the spreadsheet can now be removed.
SonOfAThief: Sanitarium has been updated. It's now powered by ScummVM and available in three languages: english, french and... german! Finally. Thank you, GOG!

Nice update considering i've heard that game has trouble running otherwise. I saw on ScummVM's site that the game is now supported, but untested according the compatibility chart. Perhaps i'll test it myself for my October horror gaming.
SonOfAThief: Sanitarium has been updated. It's now powered by ScummVM and available in three languages: english, french and... german! Finally. Thank you, GOG!

Lucian_Galca: Nice update considering i've heard that game has trouble running otherwise. I saw on ScummVM's site that the game is now supported, but untested according the compatibility chart. Perhaps i'll test it myself for my October horror gaming.
It played smooth with the help of the so called ddrawcompat dll wapper or similar, otherwise it ran laggy and uncomfortable or maye not running at all. You had to take care of it on your own, though.
After the update it is more convenient and stable, indeed. The old savegames will be incompatible probably.
SonOfAThief: Sanitarium has been updated. It's now powered by ScummVM
I had some issues with it before this. It didn't prevent completing the game at least, but I welcome any improvements for everyone else.
TES 5: Skyrim SE is missing Czech language (text only).

The game was released in 2011 on Steam with Czech language support including DLCs Dragonborn and Hearthfire (I think Dawnguard was translated too, but not sure).
When then the special edition was released in 2015, Czech support was already missing and it is missing currently on GOG too.