It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

EDIT: nevermind
Post edited June 12, 2022 by sparksgog
low rated
ALAKAZAM1: Control. The Steam version is fine and dandy, but this one is completely broken and 505 and Remedy don't seem to care at all and it's been this way for years.
I never really thought twice about this thread...

... until a few days ago when I went to purchase Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen for a friend. In the process, I found out the pawn system in the GOG version is not working properly. Not wanting to give a GOG game that's essentially broken (the pawn system is a HUGE part of the game), I grudgingly bought the game / gift from another platform. I'd hoped to use DDDA to introduce my friend to GOG, but sure didn't work out that way.

Now Control is broken too?

I can handle issues popping up over time, but when the devs and publishers won't even patch the games GOG is selling...

... seems that there would be laws against selling games that are broken.

But then I guess these devs and publishers just plain don't care.

Really depressing
high rated
ALAKAZAM1: Control. The Steam version is fine and dandy, but this one is completely broken and 505 and Remedy don't seem to care at all and it's been this way for years.

Source: https://www.gog.com/forum/control/ctd_in_anchor_fight
As far as I know the CTD still happens in the Steam version like in the GOG version, so this is not something which only affects the GOG version Remedy does not seem to care for GOG specifically, but simply not care for the game at all, regardless of the platform/version.

Also the suggested fixes work for the GOG version as well, so I don't exactly see the problem.
Can we add Rise to Ruins to the list ?
kai2: I never really thought twice about this thread...

... until a few days ago when I went to purchase Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen for a friend. In the process, I found out the pawn system in the GOG version is not working properly. Not wanting to give a GOG game that's essentially broken (the pawn system is a HUGE part of the game), I grudgingly bought the game / gift from another platform. I'd hoped to use DDDA to introduce my friend to GOG, but sure didn't work out that way.

Now Control is broken too?

I can handle issues popping up over time, but when the devs and publishers won't even patch the games GOG is selling...

... seems that there would be laws against selling games that are broken.

But then I guess these devs and publishers just plain don't care.

Really depressing
What is the problem with the pawn system and how does it impact gameplay? I'm asking since I haven't played it yet.
Mjauv: What is the problem with the pawn system and how does it impact gameplay? I'm asking since I haven't played it yet.
Maybe this thread will give you more information:

https://www.gog.com/forum/dragons_dogma_dark_arisen/requirements_for_hiring_pawns_and_any_problems_with_hiring_them
Ueber: As far as I know the CTD still happens in the Steam version like in the GOG version, so this is not something which only affects the GOG version Remedy does not seem to care for GOG specifically, but simply not care for the game at all, regardless of the platform/version.
Don'tknow about Steam but since I do own the Epic AND the GOG version I can tell for sure that GOG is crashing in anchor fight while the Epic version isn't. Combining Epic and GOG version fixes the issue on GOG as well. So yes, it is different on the platforms.

Also the fixes don't work for everybody. 505 themselves was able to reproduce the bug. I have attached a screenshot from their discord - as you can see the issue is known for quite some time.
Attachments:
505.jpg (83 Kb)
Post edited June 12, 2022 by MarkoH01
Curse of the Dead Gods is missing paid soundtrack.
Mjauv: What is the problem with the pawn system and how does it impact gameplay? I'm asking since I haven't played it yet.
MarkoH01: Maybe this thread will give you more information:

https://www.gog.com/forum/dragons_dogma_dark_arisen/requirements_for_hiring_pawns_and_any_problems_with_hiring_them
Ueber: As far as I know the CTD still happens in the Steam version like in the GOG version, so this is not something which only affects the GOG version Remedy does not seem to care for GOG specifically, but simply not care for the game at all, regardless of the platform/version.
MarkoH01: Don'tknow about Steam but since I do own the Epic AND the GOG version I can tell for sure that GOG is crashing in anchor fight while the Epic version isn't. Combining Epic and GOG version fixes the issue on GOG as well. So yes, it is different on the platforms.

Also the fixes don't work for everybody. 505 themselves was able to reproduce the bug. I have attached a screenshot from their discord - as you can see the issue is known for quite some time.
Is the epic version the standard or the ultimate edition? I'm asking because I remember when Control was part of Humble Choice, people pointed out that on Steam the builds were different. So might it be that this anchor fight issue is exclusive to the ultimate edition?
Police Stories:
In addition to all that's already listed, also misses the paid "Zombie Case" DLC.
bluethief: Is the epic version the standard or the ultimate edition? I'm asking because I remember when Control was part of Humble Choice, people pointed out that on Steam the builds were different. So might it be that this anchor fight issue is exclusive to the ultimate edition?
Interesting thought. My (working) epic version was the standard release with both dlc installed.
Mjauv: snip
The pawn system is kind of an async multiplayer component in the game, you upload your pawn, people add them to their party and when they're dismissed, you receive some RC (a kind of currency) depending on how much they accomplished while they were in said party and an optional gift. The issues is that people don't seem to receive these rewards. RC is mostly used for renting pawns (the pawns of your friends are free) and some end-game purchases.

As for how impactful this is, I wouldn't worry too much about it. The game's not particularly challenging even with the default party of two, so you won't need to get new pawns every time you level up and you can farm more than enough RC in the DLC dungeon.
bluethief: Is the epic version the standard or the ultimate edition? I'm asking because I remember when Control was part of Humble Choice, people pointed out that on Steam the builds were different. So might it be that this anchor fight issue is exclusive to the ultimate edition?
That's a dev thing. Also for Alan Wake they had different platrofms on different systems. That does NOT mean however that the games are different ... or does it? Yes, they ARE different, the Steam version of course uses a different .exe than the GOG ver sion (or humble or epic, you chose).
So if they change the .exe for any new feature or because a updated launcher dll requires it, the game gets a new build number - but only on that platform! The other platforms remain unchanged because there is no reason to change them.

btw. Epic sells both standard + DLCs edition and also the Ultimate Edition (which is not just a bundle, but a completely separate product).

They also most likely have different build numbers.
Post edited June 13, 2022 by neumi5694
neumi5694: btw. Epic sells both standard + DLCs edition and also the Ultimate Edition (which is not just a bundle, but a completely separate product).
They also most likely have different build numbers.
The question remains if the anchor crash bug would also happen in the ultimate edition sold on Epic. If that's were the case it would not be a second class problem but rather a "this version is broken" problem. Unfortunately I don't own the ultimate edition on Epic so I can't test it myself.
Post edited June 15, 2022 by MarkoH01
Like MarkoH01, the question remains if this is a problem with the Ultimate Edition, regardless of the store.
I've seen people saying that the issue also happens on the Steam version, so if who said that could provide more info about the version they played would be appreciated.

When I mentioned on my previous post that on Steam the builds are different, I meant that people were saying that having the original version + dlcs was not the same thing as having the Ultimate Edition. Could it be that the Ultimate doesn't have all the patches, for some reason?
If I'm not mistaken this would not be a first. As fas as I remember, Deux Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut suffers from this problem, despite this version supposed to be the definitive one.
Dragon's Dogma's problem is double, on one hand gog has an outdated version and on the other gog players can only access a pool of pawns available for Galaxy alone. However I don't think the pawn functionality is fully up as it was before, but even then, GOG's version still has some issues that were fixed by the 2017 patch.