It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SCPM: And the homepage for the game Gremlins Inc features the GOG icon, so the game may release here when it's done in 2016:
http://gremlinsinc.com/videogame/
Grargar:
muntdefems: By chance, I've just stumbled upon this: Gremlins, Inc.. Haven't heard about it before, but seems interesting.
Grargar: The game was released today on Steam, but I doubt it will be released here. Why? Because:

Can I play this game offline?

No. All of the game logic is based on the server, where we constantly update it; so even for single-player sessions, your client will ping the server for AI moves. The data traffic is not big, but we do require online connection.
I was... kinda excited. Was ;(

edit: for a game that (the cat said to me) won't hit our shores the website surely mentions gog a lot. Same thing for the trailer. And all the other games the dev has worked on are here, so... maybe Galaxy integration or something.. always online.. crap, dunno where to start.
Post edited March 11, 2016 by vicklemos
NuffCatnip: Maybe we´ll see a couple Moorhuhn games.
Ja, ja, in Farbe und 3D :D
Grargar: The game was released today on Steam, but I doubt it will be released here. Why? Because:

No. All of the game logic is based on the server, where we constantly update it; so even for single-player sessions, your client will ping the server for AI moves. The data traffic is not big, but we do require online connection.
vicklemos: I was... kinda excited. Was ;(

edit: for a game that (the cat said to me) won't hit our shores the website surely mentions gog a lot. Same thing for the trailer. And all the other games the dev has worked on are here, so... maybe Galaxy integration or something.. always online.. crap, dunno where to start.
Not just merely mention; at the end of the gremlins inc. trailer below the price for the game is even the gog logo next to the steam one :D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMTh1-6_m3s
high rated
vicklemos: edit: for a game that (the cat said to me) won't hit our shores the website surely mentions gog a lot. Same thing for the trailer. And all the other games the dev has worked on are here, so... maybe Galaxy integration or something.. always online.. crap, dunno where to start.
They possibly thought that the Galaxy client was required to play GOG games (a perception that some people got with the release of the physical version of Witcher 3), which is why they might have wrongly put GOG as a place where the game will be released. As can be seen from this thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/369990/discussions/0/412449508278477740/ , their excuse for wanting always-online is because the game is supposedly multiplayer-only, a claim that I don't particularly buy, as you could always play such a game by LAN. Also, someone else asked them about GOG. Let's see what's their response.

Edit: His answer:

"We won't! GOG does not allow releases of games like ours, that require server-client connection for every session. To me this sounds like a loss for GOG's audience. But it's their platform and their policy. I know that we, like other indies, have only 5 pairs of hands, that we will rather use to add more kick-♥♥♥ features to the existing game, than to create a parallel AI/game mechanic logic in order to allow a part of the game (single-player challenges) to be playable offline.

My bet would be that in 2016 or 2017, we'll see games like Gremlins, Inc. being released on GOG "as is", since we offer the gameplay that GOG's audience will love (Alexey Bokulev's original Eador has 450+ positive reviews there) and there's simply no reason except for superstition, to keep these games from that audience.

Yup. The only reason we don't want always-online games is because of superstition. You heard it right here folks. :D
Post edited March 11, 2016 by Grargar
Not a new game, just an updated version:
(excerpt from email)

... We also have some news for Among the Sleep! We released an updated version of the game for PlayStation 4 this december, and the Steam version has just been updated to the newest version as well. It is out on Steam (PC, Mac, Linux), and will be available at GoG and Humble soon!

For those waiting for the Xbox One version, we are solving the last standing technical issues and are aiming for release later this spring!

Lots of love,
Krillbite Studio
Hopefully we'll also get their coming game here: The Mosaic Game
Post edited March 11, 2016 by gixgox
high rated
Grargar: Yup. The only reason we don't want always-online games is because of superstition. You heard it right here folks. :D
Again: screw them.
high rated
vicklemos: edit: for a game that (the cat said to me) won't hit our shores the website surely mentions gog a lot. Same thing for the trailer. And all the other games the dev has worked on are here, so... maybe Galaxy integration or something.. always online.. crap, dunno where to start.
Grargar: Edit: His answer:

"We won't! GOG does not allow releases of games like ours, that require server-client connection for every session. To me this sounds like a loss for GOG's audience. But it's their platform and their policy. I know that we, like other indies, have only 5 pairs of hands, that we will rather use to add more kick-♥♥♥ features to the existing game, than to create a parallel AI/game mechanic logic in order to allow a part of the game (single-player challenges) to be playable offline.

My bet would be that in 2016 or 2017, we'll see games like Gremlins, Inc. being released on GOG "as is", since we offer the gameplay that GOG's audience will love (Alexey Bokulev's original Eador has 450+ positive reviews there) and there's simply no reason except for superstition, to keep these games from that audience.

Yup. The only reason we don't want always-online games is because of superstition. You heard it right here folks. :D
Fuck 'em, they clearly don't deserve my money.
Post edited March 11, 2016 by omega64
Grargar: ...snip...
Deleted from my "secret" wishlist and of course from the Steam list.
Grargar: Yup. The only reason we don't want always-online games is because of superstition. You heard it right here folks. :D
You heard it here first though, GOG will start selling always online games 2016-2017.
muntdefems: Again: screw them.
It's more educate them than screw them.
Most of their line of thought comes from sheer ignorance. I guess many developers are too young to know any better. It's one of the many issues of the console generation. At least I hope that's the reason.
Post edited March 11, 2016 by rgnrk

Yeah...right... If we've learned something from Diablo 3 is that people love always online games and nothing could possibly go wrong with that...
omega64: You heard it here first though, GOG will start selling always online games 2016-2017.
That's a given.
New company: "Test" does GOG have something to hide? But given there are also "TEST DEVELOPER", "TEST DEVELOPER 2", "TEST PUBLISHER" and "TEST PUBLISHER 2", it might be something different.

Siegor: Yeah...right... If we've learned something from Diablo 3 is that people love always online games and nothing could possibly go wrong with that...
especially since Diablo III have now sold over 30 million copies... still selling almost 5 million units each year... maybe chose a different example?
high rated
Grargar: They possibly thought that the Galaxy client was required to play GOG games (a perception that some people got with the release of the physical version of Witcher 3), which is why they might have wrongly put GOG as a place where the game will be released. As can be seen from this thread: http://steamcommunity.com/app/369990/discussions/0/412449508278477740/ , their excuse for wanting always-online is because the game is supposedly multiplayer-only, a claim that I don't particularly buy, as you could always play such a game by LAN. Also, someone else asked them about GOG. Let's see what's their response.

Edit: His answer:

Wow, OK. That's pretty insulting all the way around.

How unreasonable of us to actually care about the long term viability of a game, to even care more about it than the creator apparently. But then it just superstitious nonsense this idea that putting game logic unnecessarily on the server has down sides. Bad internet connections are a myth after all, and it's not like that sort of thing killed a game 11 days ago or anything.

And we should be more considerate of their limited resources before suggesting they write less complicated code. Wouldn't want that to get in the way of all of those "kick-ass" features or anything. That's just weird. He somehow managed to turn it into a victim scenario.

How about he just takes our logo down? The second he gets his game in here "as is" is the second GoG makes itself an irrelevant platform. The only significant reason for us to exist is that we don't accept terminally ill games. That's a pretty good reason beyond superstition to tell him to go take a hike all by itself.