It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JinseiNGC224: (...)
It dos an amazing job at atmosphere and a strong feeling of terror. Definitely stay on your toes!

I'll probably still buy it though. VERY happy to see a release coming.

Now we need to get Doorways here. Those devs said they were trying, but who knows if it will make it in the near future.
Reading those impressions really whetted my appetite for playing the game, thank you. :)

Doorways and Lone Survivor (played the demo yesterday, talk about a very "Silent Hillish" experience) would definitely be worthy additions to GOG's catalogue, let's keep our fingers crossed.
JinseiNGC224: (...)
It dos an amazing job at atmosphere and a strong feeling of terror. Definitely stay on your toes!

I'll probably still buy it though. VERY happy to see a release coming.

Now we need to get Doorways here. Those devs said they were trying, but who knows if it will make it in the near future.
Phaidox: Reading those impressions really whetted my appetite for playing the game, thank you. :)

Doorways and Lone Survivor (played the demo yesterday, talk about a very "Silent Hillish" experience) would definitely be worthy additions to GOG's catalogue, let's keep our fingers crossed.
You won't be disappointed!

Games like Outlast are really pushing the cinematic quality of games in general. They'll only improve more and more as time goes on.
Post edited October 05, 2013 by JinseiNGC224
So I made a post a bit ago regarding the game Doorways. Since it had been a bit and it's now fall, as well as knowing GOG was going to release some dark/horror titles, I thought I'd ask again if they plan on releasing by halloween. This is what they had to say to me this evening:

Doorways wrote: "Hi Jesse. We talked to GOG but they told us that not right now, maybe when the full game (the four chapters) get released. Sorry, we want that as much as you want. We're also in the making on other sites too ;) Cya!"\

So while it may come here, it might be a while, at least until all four parts are released, which makes sense since GOG specializes in "complete" editions, old and new.

I'll keep my fingers crossed. I saw the demo and it looks pretty interesting.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/wastelands/worlds-of-magic?ref=category

I inquired to Wastelands Interactive about the above project, Worlds of Magic, and after sending a personal thank you for offering a DRM-free copy, and stating how us at GOG really appreciate it when potential games do this for the public, as well as backers, they responded with this:

No problem :)

OK, I think nobody will get hurt if I will tell you that I have been already talking with the gog.com guys and Worlds of Magic will be on their platform.
They like what they see :)

So, try the demo and share your feedback with us.

best,
Leszek

Can't get much more "unofficially confirmed" than that! :)
According to a comment on their Facebook page, Wadjet Eye Games is releasing a "remastered" version of The Shivah to GOG as well as Steam this Chanukah.
pezhead53: According to a comment on their Facebook page, Wadjet Eye Games is releasing a "remastered" version of The Shivah to GOG as well as Steam this Chanukah.
I don't suppose those who already have the low D version on Desura get an automatic upgrade? No?
pezhead53: According to a comment on their Facebook page, Wadjet Eye Games is releasing a "remastered" version of The Shivah to GOG as well as Steam this Chanukah.
Fever_Discordia: I don't suppose those who already have the low D version on Desura get an automatic upgrade? No?
I'm pretty sure there's no difference graphically, or in any other significant way. The "remastering" is simply transferring the game to a more recent version of the Adventure Game Studio engine to allow it to be compatible with Steamworks and able to be ported to iOS. There may be some sort of "7 years later" commentary track (like the one in Blackwell Legacy), but other than that it will basically be the same game. Wadjet Eye is usually fine with giving Steam keys and (I think) GOG copies of their games to those who owned them in the past, as long as you just contact them and send proof you already own the game.
Fever_Discordia: I don't suppose those who already have the low D version on Desura get an automatic upgrade? No?
pezhead53: I'm pretty sure there's no difference graphically, or in any other significant way. The "remastering" is simply transferring the game to a more recent version of the Adventure Game Studio engine to allow it to be compatible with Steamworks and able to be ported to iOS. There may be some sort of "7 years later" commentary track (like the one in Blackwell Legacy), but other than that it will basically be the same game. Wadjet Eye is usually fine with giving Steam keys and (I think) GOG copies of their games to those who owned them in the past, as long as you just contact them and send proof you already own the game.
cool, thanks
Good news for every horror adventure fan - Downfall is coming to GOG.
http://www.desura.com/games/downfall-a-horror-adventure-game/#4155143
Anyone know if Brothers: A tale of Two Sons is coming here?
triock: Good news for every horror adventure fan - Downfall is coming to GOG.
http://www.desura.com/games/downfall-a-horror-adventure-game/#4155143
Not bad at all! OK, Downfall is not even nearly as good as The Cat Lady but it's a very solid p&c nevertheless. It will be good to see it here.
Moonbeam: Anyone know if Brothers: A tale of Two Sons is coming here?
No, but that would be great. I've almost pulled the trigger on this on Steam, but I'd definitely pick it up from here.
Paranautical Activity will be coming to GOG:
https://twitter.com/SpooderW/status/374955260034314240
SCPM: Paranautical Activity will be coming to GOG:
WTF is up with GOG only accepting the game once it was greenlit on Steam? I was hoping GOG was above looking at Steam to determine what should be sold here. (Maybe this was a one-time thing...)
SCPM: Paranautical Activity will be coming to GOG:
tfishell: WTF is up with GOG only accepting the game once it was greenlit on Steam? I was hoping GOG was above looking at Steam to determine what should be sold here. (Maybe this was a one-time thing...)
Eh? What a weird conclusion you make. Here, take a look at some of these games that were put on GOG before they got released on Steam (some of which were going through the GL process, but weren't/aren't approved yet), as well as some that are not on Steam at all (although they may have been found elsewhere, too), some of which are fairly recent releases:
Inquisitor
La Mulana
Eador: Genesis (the only way people could get it on Steam was through a loophole sort of deal)
Smugglers V
Lords of Midnight
Zafehouse: Diaries
Signal Ops
Driftmoon
The Cat Lady
Ring Runner

In the end, does it really matter? I doubt it. There's no point getting worked up about something that's ultimately so trivial.
Post edited October 12, 2013 by mistermumbles