It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bigs: Thinking of Japanese game developer Illusion?? >_>
Andrey82: Yes, a small, but quite well known Japanese company. When i first read Illusion - I was VERY surprised!

Bigs: Be "interesting" to have their games here! :P
Andrey82: Yes, this would be fun.

If serious, why not? We already have at GOG some adult games like "Lula: The Sexy Empire", or Witcher series, or Harvester. They all, if I remember correctly, are 18+.
And HuniePop!
Maxvorstadt: And censored version of HuniePop!
Fixed.
Maxvorstadt: And censored version of HuniePop!
Grargar: Fixed.
Easily uncensored!
Maxvorstadt: Easily uncensored!
Maybe, but doesn't change the fact that GOG ships it censored.
Also we can get Knights of Xentar or Dragon Knight 4 or even Panic in Cobra City. :)
Andrey82: Also we can get Knights of Xentar or Dragon Knight 4 or even Panic in Cobra City. :)
Hah, Knights of Xentar! I played the uncensored version last year, had the censored version in the 90s. :-)
Very cool game which gave me some laughs.
Bigs: Thinking of Japanese game developer Illusion?? >_>
Andrey82: Yes, a small, but quite well known Japanese company. When i first read Illusion - I was VERY surprised!

Bigs: Be "interesting" to have their games here! :P
Andrey82: Yes, this would be fun.

If serious, why not? We already have at GOG some adult games like "Lula: The Sexy Empire", or Witcher series, or Harvester. They all, if I remember correctly, are 18+.
Illusion Soft is "too adult". It features many highly controversial games with content GoG might want to avoid due to it's nature.

Illusion has quite a few rape simulators under their belt (eg RapeLay, Biko series, Interact Play series). It eventally created a subsidary company to control it's controversial games - one of which features a hemaphroditic rapist.

Many of their games push the boundaries of what is acceptable internationally causing Illusion to declare all of their games Japan only without exception. They're tired of Western culture coming over to censor them constantly.
tremere110: Illusion Soft is "too adult". It features many highly controversial games with content GoG might want to avoid due to it's nature.
Yep, this could be problematic.

tremere110: It eventally created a subsidary company to control it's controversial games - one of which features a hemaphroditic rapist.
In what game? 0_o Never heard about game of this type. o_0

tremere110: Many of their games push the boundaries of what is acceptable internationally causing Illusion to declare all of their games Japan only without exception. They're tired of Western culture coming over to censor them constantly.
I was always wondering, why killing other people in games is considered tolerable in western cultures, but any sexual activity in games is almost taboo. First ME got scandal for his not-even-really-erotic-scenes. Why making sex is considered worse than hammering people with artillery and tearing them to bits?
tremere110: Illusion Soft is "too adult". It features many highly controversial games with content GoG might want to avoid due to it's nature.
Andrey82: Yep, this could be problematic.

tremere110: It eventally created a subsidary company to control it's controversial games - one of which features a hemaphroditic rapist.
Andrey82: In what game? 0_o Never heard about game of this type. o_0

tremere110: Many of their games push the boundaries of what is acceptable internationally causing Illusion to declare all of their games Japan only without exception. They're tired of Western culture coming over to censor them constantly.
Andrey82: I was always wondering, why killing other people in games is considered tolerable in western cultures, but any sexual activity in games is almost taboo. First ME got scandal for his not-even-really-erotic-scenes. Why making sex is considered worse than hammering people with artillery and tearing them to bits?
cause religion largely... my faith in particular Christianity is filled with weird double standards and hypocrisy.
Don't understand why Bethesda does not release any new games but always provides the repetitive discounted bundles (66-75%) which are owned/purchased by many members.
Roxolani: Don't understand why Bethesda does not release any new games but always provides the repetitive discounted bundles (66-75%) which are owned/purchased by many members.
Because GOG is too niche™ for Bethesda.
Illusion? Perhaps GOG plans to introduce a new age verification system to start selling adult games. There's an ever "expanding" market for visual novels, dating sims and eroge. If GOG can one-up Steam by selling the uncensored versions of those games, it could be quite lucrative for them.
Post edited December 26, 2016 by Star_Ocean
Star_Ocean: Illusion? Perhaps GOG plans to introduce a new age verification system to start selling adult games. There's an ever "expanding" market for visual novels, dating sims and eroge. If GOG can one-up Steam by selling the uncensored versions of those games, it could be quite lucrative for them.
Won't ever happen but would be cool

Most 18+ games (Japanese eroge) are DRM Free anyway through Mangagamer / JAST
Post edited December 26, 2016 by Bigs
Bigs: Most 18+ games (Japanese eroge) are DRM Free anyway through Mangagamer / JAST
Are you sure about this? The FAQ has a section about activation which looks rather horrid.
HeDanny: Are you sure about this? The FAQ has a section about activation which looks rather horrid.
Game specific perhaps? None of the games I've downloaded recently have that sort of activation on them (Rance 5D / Rance VI / Beat Blades Haruka... the only game on my account that mentions activations is Edelweiss - 25 games on account)