It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HeDanny: Are you sure about this? The FAQ has a section about activation which looks rather horrid.
Bigs: Game specific perhaps? None of the games I've downloaded recently have that sort of activation on them (Rance 5D / Rance VI / Beat Blades Haruka... the only game on my account that mentions activations is Edelweiss - 25 games on account)
Thank you for that. I looked up Edelweiss and no where on that page anywhere do I see anything about Actvation. I would have thought important information like this would be somewhere on the product page. Seems like rather poor form if you can't know until after purchase.

I really would like to see Go Go Nippon! 2016 Deluxe appear here. It is the one title from there I would like to get. It is such a good little title. One I'd keep on the USB on my KeyRing so I could show it to people as an example of why I like Visual novels. Can't do that if it has DRM. :(

I could have sworn it was on sale a few hours ago! I did a search because Steam sale, and for the price of the 2016 DLC I could have got the whole thing there instead. Looks like I miss out, but would not have purchased without confirmation it was DRM-Free anyway, which I could not find.
Post edited December 27, 2016 by HeDanny
Bigs: Game specific perhaps? None of the games I've downloaded recently have that sort of activation on them (Rance 5D / Rance VI / Beat Blades Haruka... the only game on my account that mentions activations is Edelweiss - 25 games on account)
HeDanny: Thank you for that. I looked up Edelweiss and no where on that page anywhere do I see anything about Actvation. I would have thought important information like this would be somewhere on the product page. Seems like rather poor form if you can't know until after purchase.
DRM from Edelweiss was removed some time ago.
https://twitter.com/nintendomaniac/status/703507290012442624

HeDanny: I could have sworn it was on sale a few hours ago! I did a search because Steam sale, and for the price of the 2016 DLC I could have got the whole thing there instead. Looks like I miss out, but would not have purchased without confirmdation it was DRM-Free anyway, which I could not find.
Games without "Network: When you start this game for the first time, it is necessary to connect the Internet for Activation." are DRM-Free (see attachment for example)
Attachments:
Post edited December 27, 2016 by Frozen
tremere110: Illusion Soft is "too adult". It features many highly controversial games with content GoG might want to avoid due to it's nature.
Andrey82: Yep, this could be problematic.

tremere110: It eventally created a subsidary company to control it's controversial games - one of which features a hemaphroditic rapist.
Andrey82: In what game? 0_o Never heard about game of this type. o_0

tremere110: Many of their games push the boundaries of what is acceptable internationally causing Illusion to declare all of their games Japan only without exception. They're tired of Western culture coming over to censor them constantly.
Andrey82: I was always wondering, why killing other people in games is considered tolerable in western cultures, but any sexual activity in games is almost taboo. First ME got scandal for his not-even-really-erotic-scenes. Why making sex is considered worse than hammering people with artillery and tearing them to bits?
I'm pretty sure the majority of the fuzz is because of the rapesims which in a shooter terms would probably on Hatered level which also got massive flag. While game scenes with consensual sex sadly do tend to make more fuzz than those with consensual shooting each other both types are being also developed & sold here (edit: here = western world).
Post edited December 27, 2016 by anothername
Popped in here to see if anyone had dug up anything interesting, got a bit disappointed that the best that we seemed to find were a few creepy games and then flipped back a few pages to see maybe Mafia?

That'd be great - I'd grab that one for sure. Never played it, always heard it was a fantastic game. Like an open world GTA but much more story driven and varied missions yes?
Well crawl is already on the upcoming list and has been for a long time. I emailed the devs and according to them, 1.0 is going to be the next update.
New name in the catalog: David Stark, likely for Airships - Conquer the Skies
Design steampunk pixel airships and conquer the skies!

In the game, ships are viewed side-on, and their modules are operated by individual crew members. During combat, players give high-level commands to a small fleet, positioning their ships, ramming and boarding others. Ships and terrain are fully destructible: they can catch fire, explode, break apart, and fall. Players can also compete against one another in Internet and LAN matches.

The ships are highly detailed, teeming with sailors moving around at their individual tasks, like an ant farm or a cut-away drawing. The player's choices in ship layout are crucial, and an important part of the game is exploring the design space of different airships and their matching tactics.
high rated
This is a summary about games which either been confirmed openly, via non-public messages exchanged with the developers (e.g. email) and posted here, where the developers have said that a GOG release is likely (whatever that means), or which have been leaked through entries in the catalog etc in 2016, but aren't available on GOG yet (independent of reason, e.g. still in development, GOG release delayed, GOG release, cancelled) and not mentioned in the Upcoming tab on the front page. For an analysis of the user SCPM's pretty accurate leaked lists (list 1, list 2), see the thread Watchin yo lists 2016 by metricfun. There might be some typos, some links won't highlight the linked post because GOG removed some other posts and the linked posts are now on the previous page where the forum software doesn't expect them.

Format is
game/company/person (date it was mentioned here in YYYY-MM-DD; more information found on the internet [YYYY-MM-DD this was checked])

Companies and people added to catalog still without games:
Sta'r (2016-08-31)
Undead Labs for State of Decay Year-One Survival Edition for (2016-10-04)
Unique Development Studios AB (2016-12-21)
Cybernetic Corporation for Pizza Tycoon? (2016-12-21)
Software 2000, also for Pizza Tycoon? (2016-12-22)
Illusion Softworks, nowadays 2K Czech (2016-12-22)
Stefan Marcinek (2016-12-22)

Developers/publishers confirmed officially:
Captain Quazar (2016-03-15)
BattleTanx (2016-03-15)
Songbringer (2016-05-18)
Universim (2016-08-14; in development [2016-12-25])
Sundered (2016-09-23; in development)
Snowcastle Games for Earthlock: Festival of Magic (; delayed [url=https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_that_are_unofficially_confirmed_for_release_in_the_future_part_2/post5035]2016-09-27)
Thimbleweed Park (2016-10-21)
Wasteland 3 (2016-11-06)
Codename: Panzers - Cold War (2016-11-11)
Torment: Tides of Numenara (2016-12-25)
Memoranda (; release on [url=https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_that_are_unofficially_confirmed_for_release_in_the_future_part_2/post5750]2017-01-25)

Developers "confirmed" inofficially:
The Fall Of Lazarus (2016-08-05)
Imperium Galactica 2 (2016-10-20)

Developers said "Likely":
Kingdom Come: Deliverance (2016-01-05; in beta [2016-12-24])
Way of the Samurai 3 (2016-03-24)
Soul Saga (2016-04-19)
Reflections (2016-07-09; in development [2016-12-25])
Scorn (2016-08-12)

In talk with GOG:
Crime Cities (2016-03-22)
Door Kickers 2 (; [url=http://inthekillhouse.com/door-kickers-2-delayed/]in development)

Support url exists/existed:
Planetary Annihilation (2016-06-12)
Stardrive 1 (2016-06-12)
Stardrive 2 (2016-06-12)
Stranded Deep (2016-06-12)
Postal 2: Paradise Lost (2016-12-16)
Zeno Clash (2016-06-16)
Furi (2016-07-09)
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (2016-10-25)

Developers/publishers confirmed officially, but game didn't show up on GOG:
Shrouded in Sanity (2016-07-09)

Developers confirmed unofficially by email etc, but game didn't show up on GOG:
Dinocide (2016-03-04)
RHEM Trilogy (2016-01-25)
RHEM IV (2016-01-25)
The Quest (; declined [url=https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_that_are_unofficially_confirmed_for_release_in_the_future_part_2/post2685]2016-02-08)
Postal Redux (2016-05-18)

People not released yet:
Konrad

Why did I made this analysis? I remembered that I discovered an entry in the catalog and identified it as information about a movie and there was no movie release, but after I checked this information in the catalog, it turns out this was for the Obduction Soundtrack.

Edit: Removed obsolete rumors about more EA dos games.
Post edited January 01, 2017 by The-Business
Sparkling shiny new 2017!

Stop the sales! Bring on new GAMES!
That was referring to Space Rogue Classic, which is an Origin Systems game, though for some reason EA is not the publisher. Considering that EA does usually add games in bunches, I was pretty sure that Space Rogue Classic meant more EA games, but Night Dive Studios entered the mix, defenestrating my reasoning.
The-Business: Way of the Samurai 3
This one is also on SCPM's second list.
Let's see what we can expect in 2017. Updated list with information from metricfun post and The-Business post:

Officially announced to be released soon:
Battle Chasers: Nightwar
Blitzkrieg 3
Crawl
Diluvion
Elex
Memoranda (Jan 25 2017)
Nights In the Woods (Feb 2017)
Nine Parchments
Outlast 2
Planet Nomads
Spellforce 3
System Shock Remake
The Guild 3
The Long Journey Home
Urban Empire (Jan 20 2017)
Vikings - Wolves Of Midgard (Mar 28 2017)
Yooka-Laylee (Apr 11 2017)

Still waiting for:
Astroneer
<span class="bold">BattleTanx</span>
Black Annex
Caladrius Blaze
<span class="bold">Captain Quazar</span>
Codename Panzers: Cold War
<span class="bold">Crime Cities</span>
Defender's Quest II
Demon Age
Descent Underground
<span class="bold">Doorkickers 2</span>
Dragon Fin Soup
Earthlock: Festival of Magic
Excubitor
Expeditions: Viking
Fallout 3
Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition
Forsaken
<span class="bold">Furi</span>
Future Unfolding
Grav
Gremlins, Inc.
Hammer And Sickle
Imperium Galactica 2
Kill to Collect
<span class="bold">Kingdom Come: Deliverance</span>
Life is Feudal: Your Own
Medieval Engineers
Niffelheim
Planetary Annihilation: TITANS
Postal 2 Paradise Lost
<span class="bold">Project Resurgence</span>
<span class="bold">Reflections</span>
Savage Lands
<span class="bold">Scorn</span>
Sea Dogs City of Abandoned Ships
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
<span class="bold">Shrouded in Sanity</span>
<span class="bold">Songbringer</span>
<span class="bold">Soul Saga</span>
Space Engineers
Stardrive
Stardrive 2
<span class="bold">State of Decay Year-One Survival Edition</span>
Steamworld Heist
<span class="bold">Stranded Deep</span>
Sully: A Very Serious RPG
<span class="bold">Sundered</span>
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - GOTY Edition
<span class="bold">The Fall Of Lazarus</span>
The Mandate
The Political Machine 2016
The Unreleased
<span class="bold">Thimbleweed Park</span>
Torment: Tides of Numenera
Town of Light
<span class="bold">Universim</span>
Upwards, Lonely Robot
Wasteland 3
Way Of The Samurai 3
Zeno Clash

Did i missed something?
Post edited January 02, 2017 by Andrey82
Andrey82: Officially announced to be released soon:

(snip)

Nights In the Woods (Feb 10 2017)

(snip)

Did i missed something?
Since I'm the one that made you add the dates in your list, I'd like to point out that Night in the Woods doesn't have an actual day of release, it was simply pushed to february 2017 (the 10 is in all probability innacurate).
Andrey82: Officially announced to be released soon:

(snip)

Nights In the Woods (Feb 10 2017)

(snip)

Did i missed something?
metricfun: Since I'm the one that made you add the dates in your list, I'd like to point out that Night in the Woods doesn't have an actual day of release, it was simply pushed to february 2017 (the 10 is in all probability innacurate).
Fixed.
Does anyone even know why Poles played in "Defenziva and spies"?
Why do they so carefully hides list of games that will (or could appear) in the catalog? As well as they hide the date when new games will be added.
Steam strongly advertises and promotes that such a game will be in it, and In GOG employees played in strict paranoia mode.
Loger13: Does anyone even know why Poles played in "Defenziva and spies"?
Why do they so carefully hides list of games that will (or could appear) in the catalog? As well as they hide the date when new games will be added.
Steam strongly advertises and promotes that such a game will be in it, and In GOG employees played in strict paranoia mode.
Steam gets games because it exists. GoG needs to fight for them and have to keep contracts and then also if they are allowed to release have to make them work on normal system without the DRM they are usually infected with or make them compatible with modern systems if they are old or both.

Sure they could brag now about the 20 most top wanted games they plan to release but they still need to make them work with i.e. systems without steam and also maybe have the archivements being added to galaxy and all that. And maybe that take two years to fix and now we run each day amok since evil gog does not release the promised games and so on. Hope you get what I mean :)

Those that they are sure of are in the upcoming list.