It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

rgnrk: We already have here A Machine For Pigs from The Chinese Room, but we never got Dear Esther, and there are always lots of haters toward the genre just because.
Tyrrhia: I played Dear Esther to the end and I didn't really like it. I felt it was rather bland. I don't remember: Are there notes you have to collect or something? Is there a story and, if so, is it told to the player? Maybe there wasn't enough interaction for my taste or it just didn't captivate me enough, because I don't really have anything against "walking simulators."
I have it on Humble, but didn't play it, nor I'm interested in doing so. Its importance is more historical at this point, as it was probably the first walking simulator (at least the first commercial and successful one, and the one that started the trend). And as far as I know it didn't have much more apart from the not knowing were you are and what your suppose to do.

karnak1: Now that's suspect!
Why would they put the banner so early, just to remove it some days later? It'd make more sense to put it online a week before the release. Me thinks they're preparing for some other big advertising.
It still wouldn't make any sense, would it? They would be still putting the banner early just to remove it some days later. The question would still be, why put the Tyranny banner at all? (regardless of your big advertising hopes of the week)
Post edited October 24, 2016 by rgnrk
Why would they put the banner so early, just to remove it some days later? It'd make more sense to put it online a week before the release. Me thinks they're preparing for some other big advertising.
rgnrk: It still wouldn't make any sense, would it? They would be still putting the banner early just to remove it some days later. The question would still be, why put the Tyranny banner at all? (regardless of your big advertising hopes of the week)
Well... Skyrim Special Edition is coming out next fri... naahhhh...forget it. I'm done with the hype :P
Post edited October 24, 2016 by karnak1
Don't look too much into it. They did the same thing with No Man's Sky, Shadow Warrior 2 and Witcher 3. Reasoning? Perhaps something like "OMGZ! Witcher 3/Shadow Warrior 2/No Man's Sky/Tyranny will be here soon! For the time being, you can preorder it!" The banner will be back when the game is nearing release. GOG would most likely do the same thing if they could get some AAA releases that allowed preorder.
karnak1: Well... Skyrim Special Edition is coming out this fri... naahhhh...forget it. I'm done with the hype :P
Fixed it for you.
Post edited October 24, 2016 by Grargar
rodrolliv: Uhm, I noticed the Tiranny banner has disappeared. Guess it'll be back in time for the release.
2017? :)
classicgogger: *cough* Killing Time *cough*
jkiiskinen: Release stream scheduled for Sunday:
Killing Time ?!
Hoooray !!!
rgnrk: It still wouldn't make any sense, would it? They would be still putting the banner early just to remove it some days later. The question would still be, why put the Tyranny banner at all? (regardless of your big advertising hopes of the week)
karnak1: Well... Skyrim Special Edition is coming out next fri... naahhhh...forget it. I'm done with the hype :P
*dies*
Skyrim will turn 5 years old on 11.11., wouldn't that be a well-timed release? ;)
Tyrrhia: I played Dear Esther to the end and I didn't really like it. I felt it was rather bland. I don't remember: Are there notes you have to collect or something? Is there a story and, if so, is it told to the player? Maybe there wasn't enough interaction for my taste or it just didn't captivate me enough, because I don't really have anything against "walking simulators."
rgnrk: I have it on Humble, but didn't play it, nor I'm interested in doing so. Its importance is more historical at this point, as it was probably the first walking simulator (at least the first commercial and successful one, and the one that started the trend). And as far as I know it didn't have much more apart from the not knowing were you are and what your suppose to do.
I see. I don't really know a lot about its story, but from what you said, I guess it was praised especially for being a novel thing at the time and not much else. It's a shame; with more immersion, I think it could have been pretty good.
karnak1: Well... Skyrim Special Edition is coming out next fri... naahhhh...forget it. I'm done with the hype :P
fortune_p_dawg: *dies*
Don't worry, they're coming... and there's going to be dragons, and it's going to be amazing!
Vainamoinen: Well, not exactly, but we have Thimbleweed Park confirmed, possibly for January.

That's like an 80s LAEC adventure game set in the 80s with 90s graphics and 00s audio. :)
rgnrk: I don't think GOG are interested in p&c adventure games anymore. We didn't get any of the new indie p&c adventure released through the year. The last one being Kathy Rain. Which was related to Wadjet Eye, so it's understandable they brought it. So, at their current trend, I only expect publisher adventures to arrive here (wadjet eye/daedalic/telltale mainly).
The last good batch we got was about one year ago. The last p&c adventures we got were the pilot brothers 2&3, and those were publisher related.
Obviously they will bring Thimbleweed Park, as it was a very successful kickstarter. And they would bring something like Life Is Strange (arguably a point&click). But they don't seem actively interested, so I wouldn't expect any 80s/90s/00s adventures apart from the missing lucasarts ones if they can get them.
I both agree and disagree with you on this. It is good that we keep getting the games from Daedalic and Wadjet Eye and we did get Samorost 3 this year which wasn't so surprising because the other Amanita Deisgn games are already here and The Last Door: Season Two because it's Phoenix Online. So all of those go with your theory. Another company that has some luck here is Screen 7. We got Downfall: Redux this year but I am doubting that we will get Tales which comes out next month. We will see.

The biggest surprises were that Dreambreak game that didn't sell very well and The Interactive Adventures of dog Mendonca and Pizzaboy which probably got most of its "sales" from kickstarter backers like myself.

So yes it seems like they (as much as I hate to say it) "rightfully" are rejecting adventure games because they just aren't worth it. I do hope we have better luck next year and I am veery much looking forward to reading your upcoming posts about the rejected adventure games.
classicgogger: *cough* Killing Time *cough*
jkiiskinen: Release stream scheduled for Sunday:

http://j.mp/streaming_schedule

Screenshot, in case they change it:
Nice, nice. *thumbs-up*
popperik: Skyrim will turn 5 years old on 11.11., wouldn't that be a well-timed release? ;)
Too early for Beth when it still sells like hot cakes. Maybe it will get a DRM free version on it's 10th anniversary...
high rated
New company in the catalog: for [url=http://www.antagonist.no/throughthewoods/]Through the Woods. Release date: This Thursday, Oct 27th.
Through the Woods is a third-person psychological horror game set in a forest on the western shore of Norway about a mother and her missing son. Through dynamic narration, you play the mother’s re-telling of the events surrounding her son’s disappearance in a setting heavily influenced by Norse mythology and Norwegian folk tales.
Somewhere I have read, that with Witcher 3 and Elex coming GOG has the two biggest Fallout 4 competitors in their catalogue. Does this increase chances to get Fallout 4 here? Whaddaya say?
The-Business: New company in the catalog: for [url=http://www.antagonist.no/throughthewoods/]Through the Woods. Release date: This Thursday, Oct 27th.
Not bad, not bad. I was researching that a while ago. :)