It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I, Gladiator

It looked interesting since there isn't many gladiator games available (for pc at least) so i gave it a try. Welp, the moment that i saw that i couldn't control the volume i already knew it was a mobile port... And it is. It could be somewhat good but the terrible controls (playing with the controller and it's always losing the lock on the enemies not to say that is just mash mash mash until you kill) and the grinding ("do this, this and this in this battle to earn more coins") made me quit.
deleted
Wizardry 7

I enjoyed Wizardry 6 when I played it a while back, so I was ready to try Wizardry 7.

W7 is essentially the same in gameplay aspects (which is a good thing if like me you enjoy creating a party, first person grid-based exploration, and phase-based combat). However, where this game let me down is the wilderness area: it’s maze-like, gigantic, and everything looks the same, making it very easy to get lost and very hard to find anything. When I play these games I want dungeon exploration with monsters, traps, treasure, secret doors, etc., not a HUGE boring forest to get lost in. It just wasn’t worth it to me to struggle through the forest to find the places I wanted to get to.
Post edited April 18, 2016 by 01kipper
01kipper: Wizardry 7

I enjoyed Wizardry 6 when I played it a while back, so I was ready to try Wizardry 7.

W7 is essentially the same in gameplay aspects (which is a good thing if like me you enjoy creating a party, first person grid-based exploration, and phase-based combat). However, where this game let me down is the wilderness area: it’s maze-like, gigantic, and everything looks the same, making it very easy to get lost and very hard to find anything. When I play these games I want dungeon exploration with monsters, traps, treasure, secret doors, etc., not a HUGE boring forest to get lost in. It just wasn’t worth it to me to struggle through the forest to find the places I wanted to get to.
I'm just now wondering the forest in wiz7 .:D
Wiz8 has a good auto-map, so not so bad as Wiz7.
Hitman: Codename 47: I was expecting to beat this but the game turned out to be worse than I have imagined. There are some good things about the game such as the badass character Codename 47 which planted the seeds for a strong game franchise. The level designs were good as far as I have played, although I have read that in later missions they get abysmal. What made me quit this game was the game mechanics. Ok, you play a silent assassin so it just makes sense to be careful and try to beat episodes without calling any attention. But the original game unfortunately suffers from a horrible scripted game design. In order to beat a level first you need to do A and then B and then C... You cannot really use your own method to complete a mission. What makes this even worse is that there is no save function during the missions. So you repeat every mission over and over until you find out what scripted A-B-C flow the game expects you to accomplish, then start over and do exactly the things that you are supposed to do. I am a rather patient person when it comes to finishing games but Hitman: Codename 47 does not really deserve such patience. Even if you are new into the series, just skip this one.

Games quit in recent years: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Crash Bandicoot, Killzone, Borderlands, Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee, Guild Wars 2, OddVille, Hitman: Codename 47
damien: Hitman: Codename 47: I was expecting to beat this but the game turned out to be worse than I have imagined. There are some good things about the game such as the badass character Codename 47 which planted the seeds for a strong game franchise. The level designs were good as far as I have played, although I have read that in later missions they get abysmal. What made me quit this game was the game mechanics. Ok, you play a silent assassin so it just makes sense to be careful and try to beat episodes without calling any attention. But the original game unfortunately suffers from a horrible scripted game design. In order to beat a level first you need to do A and then B and then C... You cannot really use your own method to complete a mission. What makes this even worse is that there is no save function during the missions. So you repeat every mission over and over until you find out what scripted A-B-C flow the game expects you to accomplish, then start over and do exactly the things that you are supposed to do. I am a rather patient person when it comes to finishing games but Hitman: Codename 47 does not really deserve such patience. Even if you are new into the series, just skip this one.

Games quit in recent years: Marvel: Ultimate Alliance, Crash Bandicoot, Killzone, Borderlands, Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee, Guild Wars 2, OddVille, Hitman: Codename 47
This is really a deal breaker for me, when the devs insist on you doing things in a *very particular* order and everything else leads to "mission failed". The ranting potential of that issue is over 9000, but I'm not gonna do that here. Let's just say that I play games for the fun and exploration/experimentation and don't take kindly to being forced to go a linear (often uninteresting) path. Ubisoft is the prime target for my ire, they often seem too eager about telling you what to do, but there are several others who won't let me play around with the tools I've been given.

On topic, I don't often quit games, because I'm quite picky on which games I play and I'm also a completionist and want to finish what I've started. I do sometimes feel finished with a game I haven't finished, case in point Darksiders 1 and Battlefront 2.

Darksiders 1 has great combat, but the console heavy tropes of checkpoint saving, tedious platforming and gimmicky boss fights (to be honest, they didn't feel all that bad after fighting the giant bat) made me tire of it. Then the crushing blow came when I died, because the clunky UI wouldn't let me select and use a healing stone quickly enough. I then restarted at a place where there was previously a fight and then a door opened, but no fight and no door opening this time. So, I couldn't progress past that point. It was at the end of the game, a bit before fighting the penultimate boss, so it wasn't that bad. I watched the rest on youtube, just to see the cutscenes and what else you did. I don't regret not playing through that final bit.

Battlefront 2, being hailed by people as great in comparison to the rebooted Battlefront, seemed like a game I'd really enjoy. It also had lots of stupid design decisions, e.g. I could only save after completing a mission, but perhaps it all came down to the fact that the singleplayer campaign was too much multiplayer oriented. I'm wholly uninterested in multiplayer. I don't mind having objectives to complete, but capturing points and especially defending things isn't what I consider fun. I stopped playing halfway into the campaign after having tried the Jedi temple mission three times, with its "defend the bookcases" objective. I want to kill and destroy stuff/people, not stop enemies from destroying things I'm defending. The Force Unleashed 1 and 2, not to mention the Jedi Knight games, are far superior in the destroy/kill department and don't demand any defending.
Post edited April 19, 2016 by hurvl
damien: Hitman: Codename 47
I think discovering the A-B-C is part of the fun. And using the letters analogy, you can change letters, think up new letters and spell out completely different words with a bit of luck and creativity. Only the mission objectives are scripted usually, it's up to you how you accomplish them.

Thought it's the most uncompromising and unpredictable of the hitman's, I like it a lot. It has an amusing puzzle / chess like element to it.

I'm not sure if you would have made it through the jungle missions. Say Hello to my Little Friend has no A-B-C, every choice is a bad choice. :)
Post edited April 19, 2016 by bad_fur_day1
Fallout 4. I loved 1 and 2 (definitely top 10 games of all time of any genre for me), 3 was and still is my #1 of all time of any genre, and FNV was absolutely terrific IMO, but.. after a month.... I dunno. Played over 200 hours, so obviously had some fun, but... I dunno... just didn't hold me like the other Fallouts. Too much..... junk.... (literally and figurately) or something.

Might give it a go again someday (the survival mode sounds pretty interesting to me from I've read so maybe then that comes out I'll borrow my nephew's laptop again and try again) but then again... maybe not.

I like where Bethesda and especially Obsidian took the series (when most Fallout fans probably didn't) but I didn't like where they took it here. Felt a lot like playing Skyrim with guns in a different world to me. Not a horrible thing, but not a total Fallout experience either.
yoshino: I'm just now wondering the forest in wiz7 .:D
Wiz8 has a good auto-map, so not so bad as Wiz7.
I'm starting W8 right now :), I've never played it before either. Currently I'm reading through the manual etc. and deciding on my party.

damien: Hitman: Codename 47: I was expecting to beat this but the game turned out to be worse than I have imagined.
LOL, this game is literally next on my list to play after W8! Now I'm having my doubts whether I should just skip it altogether, but I really enjoyed the other two games back in the day (never had the opportunity to play this first one) so I think I'll still give it a chance.
Post edited April 19, 2016 by 01kipper
damien: Hitman: Codename 47: I was expecting to beat this but the game turned out to be worse than I have imagined.
01kipper: LOL, this game is literally next on my list to play after W8! Now I'm having my doubts whether I should just skip it altogether, but I really enjoyed the other two games back in the day (never had the opportunity to play this first one) so I think I'll still give it a chance.
let me know what you think if you end up playing it :)
Anachronox

The whole damn game is a weird mesh of both slippery and clunky. Nothing really enticed me.

Rex Nubular

Complete meh with a side of double mild weak sauce.
Magicka Wizard Wars.

(Soon™©)

They are closing the servers down in just under three months.
Despite a fair few bugs, some sodding awful servers & netcode, it is the one game I keep going back to for a few minutes play & am still logged in hours later.

R.I.P. to all faceless Vizards :$
Ronin - It looked interesting but the awkward controls and difficulty made me quit, it's just annoying trying to get the skill points considering that a few levels in a lot of enemies will raise the alarm and i have a "time" limit to reach there (while fighting).

A Bastard's tale - Meh, way too hard to get a feeling of it not to say that i don't think the game will get any fun (or anyway different) later on.
Battlestation Harbinger (android) - I have to say that i enjoyed what i've played (especially considering that i paid $1 for the bundle) but the game becomes boring, the major point in this game is to grind, get the better ships and better weapons and you're set, there's no strategy nor content to play it for a long period (like FTL for example). And i still don't get the leveling up system, i played until the 3rd sector on easy (few hours of gameplay) and died, got a small amount of xp, i played less than 5 minutes of the hard mode and when i died i got the same (if not more) amount of xp. What the hell?

Dunno, had potential but it wasn't enough, perhaps the pc version is better...
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs.
Screw this game, tried to get through twice.
Got a different gamebreaking bug both times.
I'm not restarting the entire game a third time.
Post edited April 30, 2016 by omega64