It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm a regular to this thread and I have yet another game I've quit......Judge Dredd - Dredd vs Death. First things first, Judge Dredd is a pussy. He acts cool with the strong chin and deep voice but one shot and bam....dead. However, a lot of the robe-wearing enemies can absorb several bullets and explosions before going to pixel heaven.

Another thing is that it's nigh on impossible to walk up a step any larger than a toddlers shoe box. Sometimes it works but other times Judge Dredd will have to perform various leaps in all directions while I throttle the WASD buttons on my battered keyboard in order to become unstuck from odd bits of scenery.

I wanted to love this game as I enjoy most FPS' but I can't play a hero who's a bigger wimp than I am!
Thief Deadly Shadows for the Xbox

This game reminds me of how awful the 360 emulation is. I played it native many years ago and it was fine. Not being able to emulate your own 10 years old tech is disgraceful. The frame rate barely goes above 15fps and the amount of graphical and animating glitches and hiccups is staggering. I'll grab a GOG copy instead.

Now Microsoft is coming out with backwards compatibility for the XBone. I imagine it will be even worse this time around.

Fuck you Microsoft
Hotline Miami I quit because the controls never got to feel intuitive or fluid enough to cope with the overall difficulty. After watching The Hotline Miami Story, I have this strong urge to give it another go though.
Driveclub - After seeing so many pictures and gifs i was ready to be amazed with the graphics of this game so when the ps+ edition (finally) was released i was... disappointed. I mean, the game looks really good but it wasn't so amazing as those gifs/pictures.

Don't get me wrong, that's not what made me stop playing it, it was the difficulty of this game, you start in the last position (oh, that's new...) and you have to reach the pole position, now, i can do that if i start ramming the other cars but that means that i'll lose points (level up = unlock cars) and i'm not having fun, you simply don't have enough space to overtake the adversaries and they're driving perfectly, either i'm really REALLY good at the game (even then i'm not sure if someone can make a perfect lap and end in first) or the game is just a sequel to the mafia 1 racing level.

It's basically a big demo so i can't really say that is a game that i quit but since i was thinking about purchasing the full game (having the Aston Martin Vanquish is a big plus to me) this... demo thing made me rethink that decision, nope, perhaps i'll give it a new try if the full version ends on ps+ but otherwise i don't feel like wasting money on this.

Edit: Forgot another one, Wayward Souls (mobile). The game is actually good and has nice controls for a touchscreen but it's just too grindy, it almost looks like a f2p game. The game is a roguelike so obviously i already know that the game is difficult and i'll die many times, but as some roguelikes, the game lets you buy some upgrades with the gold that you collect, the problem is that the upgrades are individual for each character and some of those upgrades doesn't feel usefull at all, doing extra damage after being hit is silly because the point of the game is not to get hit.

Dunno, it gets to a poin where the upgrades cost 1400 gold or around that, considering that you will get something between 170~300 gold for each time that you play (and die) you can see how grindy the game is in that aspect. The problem is that the game doesn't have much to offer gameplay wise, you have 2 abilities (you swipe up and down to use them), 1 stronger attack if you hold the attack button and, well, the normal attack.

Playing the same section (even if it is randomly generated) and defeating the same enemies over and over again just to get some upgrades so that you can finally progress in the game gets old fast, you can play 1 round (maybe 10m until you die) and stop but it gets to a point where you start thinking "what's the point?".

Perhaps the pc port will be better...
Post edited July 26, 2015 by Cyraxpt
chevkoch: Hotline Miami I quit because the controls never got to feel intuitive or fluid enough to cope with the overall difficulty. After watching The Hotline Miami Story, I have this strong urge to give it another go though.
Really? I found the controls absolutely sublime with a mouse and keyboard.
NoNewTaleToTell: Fallout 3: Point Lookout has finally inspired me to remove Fallout 3 from my computer.

Real simple reason: Bullet sponge enemies that spawn every five feet and/or when you reach certain spawn areas.

I quit and uninstalled after I reached one area where enemies continuously spawn if you dare run around a bit trying to get breathing room or a better position. Defeat ten enemies but accidentally step over the spawn area while fighting them? Say hello to ten more enemies! Yay! So much fun! Especially since they're all bullet sponges that can take a missile directly to the face (from a well maintained missile launcher with 100 Big Gun/Explosives skill) without losing even a third of their health. Fantastic fun for the whole family!

Point Lookout was the DLC everybody kept recommending, saying it's better than the base game, blah blah blah. Nope. Point Lookout is Fallout 3's equivalent of New Vegas' Dead Money DLC, which I hated enough to download a mod that let me out of it.

Goodbye Fallout 3, I completed your main quest and the main quest of Broken Steel and have come around to think that you're on the lower end of mediocre rather than outright terrible, but you will not be missed or looked upon fondly in the future.
The problem is, the weapons in Fallout 3 are too fucking weak. In Fallout 1 and Fallout 2, later in the game, you have access to weapons that turn you into a walking death dealing machine. But in Fallout 3, the best weapons in the game are still shit. In Fallout 3, I've never felt powerful. I suggest you look for mods to fix this problem.
Post edited July 27, 2015 by monkeydelarge
chevkoch: Hotline Miami I quit because the controls never got to feel intuitive or fluid enough to cope with the overall difficulty. After watching The Hotline Miami Story, I have this strong urge to give it another go though.
ScotchMonkey: Really? I found the controls absolutely sublime with a mouse and keyboard.
I have since finished it in one sitting, got the hang of it this time. Great game, but mostly for style and story - I still feel WASD movement coupled with mouse aiming in a top-down 3rd person shooter is counterintuitive. For some reason I instinctively tried to aim by looking at where my character was facing - and that's hard to make out due to the pixel artwork and a not a lot of visual features that let you differentiate the front and back of the character. Anyway, you can't aim that way - you need to use mouse aim.
Post edited July 27, 2015 by chevkoch
ScotchMonkey: Really? I found the controls absolutely sublime with a mouse and keyboard.
chevkoch: I have since finished it in one sitting, got the hang of it this time. Great game, but mostly for style and story - I still feel WASD movement coupled with mouse aiming in a top-down 3rd person shooter is counterintuitive. For some reason I instinctively tried to aim by looking at where my character was facing - and that's hard to make out due to the pixel artwork and a not a lot of visual features that let you differentiate the front and back of the character. Anyway, you can't aim that way - you need to use mouse aim.
I think it has controller support, you might get better results approaching it with a twin stick shooter setup. I grew up on tank controls so wasd doesn't bother me.

NoNewTaleToTell: Fallout 3: Point Lookout has finally inspired me to remove Fallout 3 from my computer.

Real simple reason: Bullet sponge enemies that spawn every five feet and/or when you reach certain spawn areas.

I quit and uninstalled after I reached one area where enemies continuously spawn if you dare run around a bit trying to get breathing room or a better position. Defeat ten enemies but accidentally step over the spawn area while fighting them? Say hello to ten more enemies! Yay! So much fun! Especially since they're all bullet sponges that can take a missile directly to the face (from a well maintained missile launcher with 100 Big Gun/Explosives skill) without losing even a third of their health. Fantastic fun for the whole family!

Point Lookout was the DLC everybody kept recommending, saying it's better than the base game, blah blah blah. Nope. Point Lookout is Fallout 3's equivalent of New Vegas' Dead Money DLC, which I hated enough to download a mod that let me out of it.

Goodbye Fallout 3, I completed your main quest and the main quest of Broken Steel and have come around to think that you're on the lower end of mediocre rather than outright terrible, but you will not be missed or looked upon fondly in the future.
monkeydelarge: The problem is, the weapons in Fallout 3 are too fucking weak. In Fallout 1 and Fallout 2, later in the game, you have access to weapons that turn you into a walking death dealing machine. But in Fallout 3, the best weapons in the game are still shit. In Fallout 3, I've never felt powerful. I suggest you look for mods to fix this problem.
You must have been playing a different game than me. When I maxed out I was practically Liberty Prime,

Liberty Prime with Lincoln's Repeater.
Post edited July 27, 2015 by ScotchMonkey
chevkoch: I have since finished it in one sitting, got the hang of it this time. Great game, but mostly for style and story - I still feel WASD movement coupled with mouse aiming in a top-down 3rd person shooter is counterintuitive. For some reason I instinctively tried to aim by looking at where my character was facing - and that's hard to make out due to the pixel artwork and a not a lot of visual features that let you differentiate the front and back of the character. Anyway, you can't aim that way - you need to use mouse aim.
ScotchMonkey: I think it has controller support, you might get better results approaching it with a twin stick shooter setup. I grew up on tank controls so wasd doesn't bother me.

monkeydelarge: The problem is, the weapons in Fallout 3 are too fucking weak. In Fallout 1 and Fallout 2, later in the game, you have access to weapons that turn you into a walking death dealing machine. But in Fallout 3, the best weapons in the game are still shit. In Fallout 3, I've never felt powerful. I suggest you look for mods to fix this problem.
ScotchMonkey: You must have been playing a different game than me. When I maxed out I was practically Liberty Prime,

Lincoln's Repeater is a weak weapon. Have you ever played Fallout 1 and Fallout 2?
ScotchMonkey: I think it has controller support, you might get better results approaching it with a twin stick shooter setup. I grew up on tank controls so wasd doesn't bother me.
I'd have tried a pad, but don't own one with sticks for PC. I do like the precision that comes with mouse aim, but WASD moving about in combination with that aiming mechanic still feels a bit awkward.

You must have been playing a different game than me. When I maxed out I was practically Liberty Prime,

monkeydelarge: Lincoln's Repeater is a weak weapon. Have you ever played Fallout 1 and Fallout 2?
If it not weak considering what I had invested in skill wise (no energy or big guns). Rolling about in power armor and a civil war rifle and I was still poppin heads left and right.

I have not yet completed the original Fallouts.
BattleBlock Theater

It's pretty rare for me to give up and ditch a game, especially when i'm mostly enjoying it like i was with this game. But i hate timed platforming and BB Theater ends each chapter with a timed level which you must pass to progress of course. I got past the first 3, but starting the final of chapter 4 i decided to end it, i wasn't having fun. The non-timed regular levels are pretty awesome though.

Maybe i'll come back someday when i'm in a better mood for it.
Quit Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion due to massive burnout. Well, I've finished the main game and most side quest, but there's still the Shivering Isles content. I think it's time to move on to smaller games that don't require 100+ hours to complete..
I haven’t been updating my progress for a while, so it’s catch-up time! I’ll just go alphabetical rather than trying to remember the order I actually played them.

1849:
I wasn’t expecting much out of this game, but I was interested in playing it because of the Gold Rush setting (seldom used, but one of my favourites). However, I found it pretty boring nevertheless. I think it’s just too casual/light for me.

Cortex Command (Steam):
I had a difficult time getting into this game, primarily due to frequent and unpredictable crashes I experienced :(. I decided I wasn’t enjoying the game enough to try to troubleshoot the problem.

Deus Ex Goty (GOG):
I really enjoyed this game a lot at the start, I loved the large open levels and the exploration and stealth, but after I got roughly half way through (most of the way through Hong Kong) I found myself losing interest and decided to move on to other games. I don’t regret the hours I put into this game though, it was fun.

Flat Out (GOG):
A very fun racing game, I also enjoyed the funny mini-games which involve launching your driver at various targets. However, I did not complete the game because it started getting rather repetitive by the time I was partway through the highest tier. That, plus the fact that using the keyboard to drive caused my fingers to cramp after playing ~30mins at a stretch. Still I would definitely recommend it if you enjoy racing games, it has aged rather well in my opinion.

Gunslugs 2 (Steam):
I found this game too simplistic, not enough variety. For this genre of game, Expendabros (FREE on Steam) is an excellent game and much much *MUCH* better than this one.

Half-Life 2: Episode 1 (Steam):
I made it most of the way through the first chapter of this one before quitting. I found it way too linear and scripted, and I didn’t like how it relies almost exclusively on the gravity gun.

The Last of Us Remastered (PS4):
Got this game free with my PS4, read that it had a lot of great reviews, so gave it a try. Hated it. Way too linear and story driven. Watching a bad movie with QTE, then finally being given control over the character but only having one choice of direction for a short while before reaching another cutscene is not my idea of a fun game. If this is the trend for modern games, count me out please.

Metro 2033 (PS4):
Played the free PS4 demo of this game (contains everything up to the end of Riga Station), and I want my money back :D! Linear, story-centric, on-rails (literally in parts). Everything I dislike in a game, see my notes for “Last of Us” directly above which mostly apply here too.

Out There Somewhere (Steam):
Picked this one up for cheap, but couldn’t play it due to stuttering/choppiness (in which situation I am not unique judging by the steam forum).

Postal 2: Apocalypse Weekend DLC (GOG):
While I really enjoyed the base game a lot, I found this DLC to be too linear. The DLC is even more silly than the base game (which I enjoyed), but I it doesn’t have the open world of the base game, which really made a huge difference for me. It also felt much more repetitive, for example when I got to the point in the game where my head injury was causing me to hallucinate Gary Colemans… again! For the second time!, I quit.

Questrun (Steam):
While I often enjoy turn based combat games, I found this game just so lame… way too casual.

Star Wars: Tie Fighter (GOG):
X-Wing was one of my favourite games back in the day, so I was very excited to play this game! And I enjoyed it a lot too for a great many hours. However, by the time I got most of the way through the game I found that the missions were just feeling too repetitive, so I stopped playing and moved onto other games.

Thief Gold (GOG):
I was expecting to enjoy this game, as I normally enjoy old-school FPS games and stealth games, but somehow this game just didn’t draw me in. I felt lost and detached, and wasn’t really enjoying myself so I quit.
Post edited August 08, 2015 by 01kipper
Gods Will Be Watching - Is this seriously just a trial-and-error until you find the one and only method forward? If it's more than that I did not hang in long enough to discover. Disappointed.