It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

amok: um...no... I want to push 'the narrative' that you are just guessing just as much as anyone else.

edit - to clarify - I don't care what gOg sells or do not sells, I get the games I want anyway elesewhere, but I do have an issue with your divine knowledge in these matters.
RWarehall: I have an issue with you being a negative nanny. I post my facts. The data stands for itself.
hehe, you even have a "Steam benchmark equivalent for acceptance". Nice facts, there.

Like all of use, you do not actually have any idea on gOg's acceptance or rejecting criteria. You are also just guessing.
RWarehall: I have an issue with you being a negative nanny. I post my facts. The data stands for itself.
amok: hehe, you even have a "Steam benchmark equivalent for acceptance". Nice facts, there.

Like all of use, you do not actually have any idea on gOg's acceptance or rejecting criteria. You are also just guessing.
So you admit you are clueless and don't have any idea? Now we are getting somewhere...

For the rest of us, it should be fairly obvious. GoG is going to base their decisions (for already released games) on many of the same things available to us. It would be silly for them to ignore public sales numbers on other platforms. it would be silly for them not to consider the sales impact of games bundled for pennies (and all the corresponding complaints to expect from the forums like "How can GoG sell this game for $9.99 when I just got it on Steam 4 games for $1?") They probably use other popularity indexes. It's even been posted by a "blue" before that they don't use Wishlist numbers necessarily as is. They pay attention when numbers are artificially inflated by forum campaigning. I believe this came up in regards to one of Damien's threads a few years back.

They are going to look at the overall picture and decide whether the game will sell well on GoG (which incidentally isn't just capitalism but also serves to please more of their customers). We may not know GoG's own sale figures, but we have a clue to them with the bestseller list. About the only things we can't know are how their own playtesting went and whether the developer had special demands.

So, in general, for released games, we have available much of the same information they have. it's not that hard to get an idea. I wouldn't call that merely "guessing". Now, for unreleased games, where all we have to go on is at most a trailer? Yeah, that would be mostly guesswork.
amok: hehe, you even have a "Steam benchmark equivalent for acceptance". Nice facts, there.

RWarehall: So you admit you are clueless and don't have any idea? Now we are getting somewhere...

For the rest of us, it should be fairly obvious. GoG is going to base their decisions (for already released games) on many of the same things available to us. It would be silly for them to ignore public sales numbers on other platforms. it would be silly for them not to consider the sales impact of games bundled for pennies (and all the corresponding complaints to expect from the forums like "How can GoG sell this game for $9.99 when I just got it on Steam 4 games for $1?") They probably use other popularity indexes. It's even been posted by a "blue" before that they don't use Wishlist numbers necessarily as is. They pay attention when numbers are artificially inflated by forum campaigning. I believe this came up in regards to one of Damien's threads a few years back.

They are going to look at the overall picture and decide whether the game will sell well on GoG (which incidentally isn't just capitalism but also serves to please more of their customers). We may not know GoG's own sale figures, but we have a clue to them with the bestseller list. About the only things we can't know are how their own playtesting went and whether the developer had special demands.

So, in general, for released games, we have available much of the same information they have. it's not that hard to get an idea. I wouldn't call that merely "guessing". Now, for unreleased games, where all we have to go on is at most a trailer? Yeah, that would be mostly guesswork.
Indeed Iam clueless, never said anything else.

Unlike you, I am very well aware that I have no insight into gOg's selection process, and I am very well aware that what ever happens here is pure guess work, which includes, your posts.
To highlight your guesswork, take the first line in your post
RWarehall: [...] GoG is going to base their decisions [...]
Actually, you do not know what they are going to base their decisions on, for all you know they are basing them on consulting a magic 8-ball. So you assume this is the case (which is a fancy way of saying "guessing"). The only way you can have "the facts" is if you had some actual insight into the process (ie someone reputable who are part of it explained it to you) or you have been part of it yourself. If either of these are not the case, then all you do is guess work, just as everyone else.
Post edited May 14, 2016 by amok
amok: To highlight your guesswork, take the first line in your post
RWarehall: [...] GoG is going to base their decisions [...]
amok: Actually, you do not know what they are going to base their decisions on, for all you know they are basing them on consulting a magic 8-ball. So you assume this is the case (which is a fancy way of saying "guessing"). The only way you can have "the facts" is if you had some actual insight into the process (ie someone reputable who are part of it explained it to you) or you have been part of it yourself. If either of these are not the case, then all you do is guess work, just as everyone else.
You are making a fool of yourself, you ought to stop. So you are claiming it's just as likely GoG uses a Magic 8-Ball for their decisions? You apparently just don't like being wrong...
amok: To highlight your guesswork, take the first line in your post

Actually, you do not know what they are going to base their decisions on, for all you know they are basing them on consulting a magic 8-ball. So you assume this is the case (which is a fancy way of saying "guessing"). The only way you can have "the facts" is if you had some actual insight into the process (ie someone reputable who are part of it explained it to you) or you have been part of it yourself. If either of these are not the case, then all you do is guess work, just as everyone else.
RWarehall: You are making a fool of yourself, you ought to stop. So you are claiming it's just as likely GoG uses a Magic 8-Ball for their decisions? You apparently just don't like being wrong...
sigh... way to miss the point...
amok: sigh... way to miss the point...
What point? You really don't have one except to vainly claim how "there is no way to know anything". Sorry, as I've pointed out in my prior posts, there is a lot one can know. It's not that hard to figure out that retailers will try to put products on the shelves they think people will buy...and knowing that, the types of things they will look for in making such a decision.
amok: sigh... way to miss the point...
RWarehall: What point? You really don't have one except to vainly claim how "there is no way to know anything". Sorry, as I've pointed out in my prior posts, there is a lot one can know. It's not that hard to figure out that retailers will try to put products on the shelves they think people will buy...and knowing that, the types of things they will look for in making such a decision.
it is pointless, no worries, I will leave you alone.

(but try to read my previous post, and point out where I "claimed" gOg uses a magic 8-ball. Read it slowly, and don't mix assumptions and facts - it is not the same thing).

I wish you luck in your future guesswork
reviews ? who needs reviews? its all for the money after all, especially at big old steam
games can be crap or shit as long as sales will make the bill fit.
funny thing is , i am one of the few on steam who probably buy's games that arent sold that much, but thats because i dont like the default AAA games that are released nowadays, imho 90% is crap, its loads of FPP/3d and mostly pure violence and most have average graphics aswell. Now i dont mind some violence in games (as long as the good guys win)

If i were able to play fpp/3d games there would be only a few games i would have: The Witcher games
compared to others these games have the best graphics imho so if and when i could play 3d i be only buying these ones.

Meja - All 'Bout The Money
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcXMhwF4EtQ

azlyrics.com/lyrics/meja/allboutthemoney.html

and a few lines from Price Tag also fit the 'bill' for big old steam:

Seems like everybody's got a price
I wonder how they sleep at night
When the sale comes first
And the truth comes second
Post edited May 14, 2016 by gamesfreak64
haydenaurion: These:

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/shadowgate_macventure_series

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/uninvited

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/deja_vu_a_nightmare_comes_true

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/deja_vu_ii_lost_in_las_vegas

On Steam but not on gog. Someone mentioned in a thread way back that a facebook post from Zojoi mentioned they were rejected by gog.
voted , i had 1+2 on the amiga in the past
if you like black mirror 1,23 check this one

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games#search=zerzura

form the guys who made blackmirror 2 and 3
its on steam 9.99 listprice which is a price i'd pay rightaway if gog had the game, the funny thing is: the devs are already on gog so i guess it be a formality to get it here

same goes for the secret files: 4 games and the guys who made them are also on gog, so why arent all their old games released first before they release new games?
4 games at 9.99 is another 40 bucks :D
If gog could get more of old games from already devs/publishers that are on gog for awhile they could increase their games a lot at least 20 tot maybe 40 games might be added in a flash....
but maybe these arent 'good' enough? tbh , i dont think that the latest games from these devs aren that good :D

I'd rather buy 4 secretfile games (good old games) then 1 new fresh agatha christy game that has been released in februari this year, i remember the game was 23.99 and had 20% off preorder

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/preorder_agatha_christie_the_abc_murders_a47e5

seems the game is 14.99 now, a price that fits this game better.
Post edited May 16, 2016 by gamesfreak64
amok: (but try to read my previous post, and point out where I "claimed" gOg uses a magic 8-ball. Read it slowly, and don't mix assumptions and facts - it is not the same thing).
The 8-ball is rigged to a degree, but you're still right to say that it's a magic 8-ball after all.

It seems to me that GOG doesn't actively go out and contact developers, they just wait for games to be offered to them and THEN use their magic 8-ball.

There's e.g. the curious case of Nelly Cootalot 2 – the publisher has now gone on record stating that they contacted GOG at GDC directly, but never heard back from them. That's just neglecting their catalogue.

Months after "day one", of course, GOG would not even total the usual one to five percent of total game sales. It just doesn't make sense to still jump through any hoops to eventually get those games on GOG, so they're usually not doing that as well (exceptionally successful games like Firewatch or The Witness are an exception, of course).

This is no ill will from the side of GOG, and no clear cut systemic criteria at work. I think it's just a lack of organizational structure, a lack of people responsible for catalog fosterage, a lack of proactiveness, and of course a massive focus on Witcher DLC instead. :)
amok: One Finger Death Punch got rejected, if I remember correctly.
Release date: Mar 3, 2014 Price: $4.99
Score rank: 99% Userscore: 98%
Owners: 474,802 ± 15,11
Precisely. I contacted the devs about it a year ago. They seemed pretty salty about getting refused. Every single person I talked into getting this game turned out to be absolutely ecstatic about it!
Barry_Woodward: Vote for the list so far:
Dude, kindly add One Finger Death Punch to the list!
Thanks for adding One Finger Death Punch to the list! :)
Post edited May 28, 2016 by fronzelneekburm
Barry_Woodward: ...
Could you please add in general links to the missing Humongous games (mainly the adventure games)? I think by now it's fair to say GOG has passed on these, or at least is putting them as VERY low priority. I can't really blame GOG given how these games sold most of their copies on Steam already, but of course I really want them here.

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games#search=putt-putt&order=votes_total
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games#search=spy+fox&order=votes_total
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games#search=freddi+fish&order=votes_total
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games#search=fatty+b&order=votes_total

Feel free to add in your own links (if you want stuff like Buzzy here).

----

Also, Zoombinis
https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games#search=zoombi&order=votes_total
Post edited June 01, 2016 by tfishell
Party Hard was rejectedby GOG.