It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
I’m Lina Merlina from the United States, i was been transformed to a Vampire through the help of Vampire Family in California, it was just as easy as possible, at first i was thinking it going to take a while for my ( D.N.A.) to respond to the spell, all i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to my dear friend Mr. Enrique who directed me to Mystic vampire home.

if you wish to be like me contact the vampire at worldofvampir@hotmail.com

Merlina
VVVVVV (completed July 2019)
I came to VVVVVV (one... two... three... four... five... six Vs... that's spelled right, right?) well after its initial release and became interested because of the reviews here. After playing it, I must agree that it's an interesting puzzle game/platformer. You cannot jump; rather, you have to reverse your character's gravity to cross gaps and avoid obstacles.

Many reviewers have highlighted the game's difficulty. I have to say, the main game can be frustrating, but it's not nearly as hard as (say) pronouncing the name of the game. The worst of the worst comes from some optional levels that you need to complete to get the best ending; navigating five screens of spikes to jump over a one-pixel cube is beyond ridiculous. Fortunately for those of us who lack the patience, there is an invincibility mode that you can toggle on and off to handle these levels.

My biggest complaint with VVVVVV is the story. It is forgettable, and I couldn't remember the names of the characters even as I was playing the game. I get that a memorable story is not needed when you have an addictive and innovative gameplay experience, but still...

Nevertheless, VVVVVV is well worth picking up. Given that it's often on sale for less than $2, it's not much of a risk.

Portal 2 (completed August 4, 2019)
Well worth the pennies I spent on Steam. More portals, more mechanics, more GLADOS... what else could a guy ask for?

Underhero (completed August 8, 2019)
Getting this right out of the way... as Underhero makes perfectly clear in its description, the game is heavily inspired by the Paper Mario series. This is particularly clear in the game's combat and two-dimensionality, which draw a lot from the series. When fighting, you have a series of actions that you can use to attack (sword, slingshot, hammer), defend (shield, jump, duck), or heal (potions). You use up stamina points with almost every action; you can increase these (or your health or your damage dealt) every time you level up. At most, you'll be doing 20-30 damage per attack; since enemies seem to max out around 100 or 200 HP, that's not a problem.

The story starts with a subversion of the most common RPG trope: the hero fails to rescue the princess, and is defeated not by the big bad, but by a faceless minion. Over the course of the game - about 12 hours or so - you initially seem to be reconstructing these tropes. You go on a series of quests and try to power yourself up so you can take down the big boss. However, in the last two hours or so the game takes a hard left turn, going from simply hinting at postmodernism to actively deconstructing everything from tropes to mechanics. Sadly, I can't go into too much detail without spoiling. You just need to experience it.

There are a few shortcomings. The combat can become repetitive, and one of the later dungeons just goes on too long for its own good. That being said, Underhero is easily worth the asking price. I can't recommend it enough.
I have just finished my second playthrough of Tales of Symponia on PS3. First time, I've played it in 2014 :). I had not enough Grade to get bonus XP nor to transfer my earned Gald for New Game+, so I had to play it the classic way. With little bit of grinding for equipment and consumables for boss fights :). I was able to finish every single sidequest and minigame, with the exception of Zelos' Gigolo title (because I've picked Kratos at the end of the game), which was a mistake during my planning phase for this playthrough. I've tried to achieve as much Titles as possible, with Kratos getting all of them, so the Platinum Trophy road is now at 54%. Game is still solid gold, with very good storyline, but it has not as enjoyable combat for me. Other Tales of... titles are much better in this regard. I should have now enough Grade to get transfered everything I've need for NG++.

All the games I've beaten this year are listed >>HERE<<
Post edited August 08, 2019 by MMLN
andysheets1975: Comparing Bioshock to System Shock 2, one thing I found lacking in Bioshock is that, although it has a beautiful setting, many of the areas in Rapture are very large and spacious, allowing you to see what's coming at you, whereas the System Shock games are mostly claustrophobic, tight corridors with sharp turns you can't see around. It makes the SS games more tense to explore, IMO.
To me there was more of a tense, horror element to SS2. It was both literally and figuratively darker too I think. Bioshock didn't seem to have that overwhelming sense of foreboding possibly because you were being pulled and pushed along by human antagonists rather than an alien one.
Alicia Griffith – Lakeside Murder

This one's a weird animal - it's a HOG in all ways except there are no actual HOG scenes. Which I guess makes it a plain casual point & click adventure game, except it 100% has the HOG feel to it. Some of the minigame puzzles were annoying, and I had to skip one since I was getting nowhere with it.
andysheets1975: Comparing Bioshock to System Shock 2, one thing I found lacking in Bioshock is that, although it has a beautiful setting, many of the areas in Rapture are very large and spacious, allowing you to see what's coming at you, whereas the System Shock games are mostly claustrophobic, tight corridors with sharp turns you can't see around. It makes the SS games more tense to explore, IMO.
muddysneakers: To me there was more of a tense, horror element to SS2. It was both literally and figuratively darker too I think. Bioshock didn't seem to have that overwhelming sense of foreboding possibly because you were being pulled and pushed along by human antagonists rather than an alien one.
I recently started playing Prey (2017) and it is much closer to System Shock 2 than Bioshock is. It's not nearly as claustrophobic, but there is still tension because any item you see for the first time might be a shape-shifted alien.
Post edited August 09, 2019 by kalirion
muddysneakers: I noticed that trend too.
Cavalary: Well, I for one seem to pretty much stick to my pace. Games finished by end of August each year (since I won't be finishing another this month, that's for sure), as far as I could tell (tracking dates since 2013, bar what I didn't consider as really "counting" in some years, and could dig up approximate dates back to 2010):
2010: 5
2011: no more than 1 (unknown date for that)
2012: 4
2013: 3 (actually 2 parts of one and another that shouldn't really count, so may be just 1)
2014: 6 or 7 (unknown date for one that shouldn't really count)
2015: 2
2016: 4 (counting base and expansion of one separately due to major differences)
2017: let's say 4 (counting a base game, expansion not finished, and counting a bunch of little browser games made during the major protests that were here that year as a single game)
2018: 4 (including a mobile game and the expansion mentioned as not finished in 2017)
2019: 3

2011 and 2014 stand out at either end, maybe 2015 and 2010 too if you want to be stricter about it, otherwise, 3-4 in 2012, 2013 and from 2016 onwards.
It is hard to tell how many games per person are being completed but the number of people posting is going down. If you count just the number of people listed in the first post it has declined significantly over the last few years.
muddysneakers: It is hard to tell how many games per person are being completed but the number of people posting is going down. If you count just the number of people listed in the first post it has declined significantly over the last few years.
Been years since GOG's been aiming to be just a store just selling games to people who just care to play games. New users don't engage, old ones give up.
muddysneakers: I noticed that trend too.
Cavalary: Well, I for one seem to pretty much stick to my pace. Games finished by end of August each year (since I won't be finishing another this month, that's for sure), as far as I could tell (tracking dates since 2013, bar what I didn't consider as really "counting" in some years, and could dig up approximate dates back to 2010):
2010: 5
2011: no more than 1 (unknown date for that)
2012: 4
2013: 3 (actually 2 parts of one and another that shouldn't really count, so may be just 1)
2014: 6 or 7 (unknown date for one that shouldn't really count)
2015: 2
2016: 4 (counting base and expansion of one separately due to major differences)
2017: let's say 4 (counting a base game, expansion not finished, and counting a bunch of little browser games made during the major protests that were here that year as a single game)
2018: 4 (including a mobile game and the expansion mentioned as not finished in 2017)
2019: 3

2011 and 2014 stand out at either end, maybe 2015 and 2010 too if you want to be stricter about it, otherwise, 3-4 in 2012, 2013 and from 2016 onwards.
Meh, those are some minor league numbers....do what I do and beef em up with small hidden object/puzzle/ags games. ;D

(That first bit is just a silly dig and not meant as an insult, if anyone wonders.:))

linamerlina: I’m Lina Merlina from the United States, i was been transformed to a Vampire through the help of Vampire Family in California, it was just as easy as possible, at first i was thinking it going to take a while for my ( D.N.A.) to respond to the spell, all i did was just to follow the procedure that i was been told, and i bet you that procedure I took change my entire life to something i ever desire, freedom, sickness free, pains free, fame, influence, connections and even more that i can. Thanks to my dear friend Mr. Enrique who directed me to Mystic vampire home.

if you wish to be like me contact the vampire at worldofvampir@hotmail.com

Merlina
I don't get why this is low rated...YEAH, it's SPAM....but it's funny spam and interesting to boot.

I mean, who wouldn't want to be like blade(minus the tax evasion)? o.0

muddysneakers: To me there was more of a tense, horror element to SS2. It was both literally and figuratively darker too I think. Bioshock didn't seem to have that overwhelming sense of foreboding possibly because you were being pulled and pushed along by human antagonists rather than an alien one.
The respawning enemies of Bioshock 1/2 still made it a bit tense, though....especially on the highest difficulties.

Also btw: Did you try the custom SP mod episodes on the SS2 fansites? There are 4 main ones made by one or two european people and they are very good imo.
Post edited August 09, 2019 by GameRager
GameRager: The respawning enemies of Bioshock 1/2 still made it a bit tense, though....especially on the highest difficulties.

Also btw: Did you try the custom SP mod episodes on the SS2 fansites? There are 4 main ones made by one or two european people and they are very good imo.
SS2 had respawning enemies as well if I remember correctly.

I haven't played those mods. With few exceptions I haven't played any mods.
GameRager: The respawning enemies of Bioshock 1/2 still made it a bit tense, though....especially on the highest difficulties.

muddysneakers: SS2 had respawning enemies as well if I remember correctly.

I haven't played those mods. With few exceptions I haven't played any mods.
Yep it did.

Also you need to put those mods on your mod short list....they are pretty good(although one needs to use the mod/fm loader to make it easier to load and play them), imo.
inFAMOUS (PS3)

The Sony answer to Crackdown on the 360. It's not often I say this, but this game is one where I feel it suffers because of performance problems. Generally I'm pretty tolerant of performance as long as a game is fun, but this time the frame drops when using Coles powers in combat made it seriously hard to aim at times and negatively effected the experience. I actually remember reading an interview with Sucker Punch in a PlayStation magazine about infamous 2 and how, with their experience from the first game they managed to utilize the cell processors as much as 15% in the sequel! Which makes me wonder how unoptimized this first game must have been then. And Sucker Punch is a Sony first party studio, yet they still had that much trouble getting their head around the cell processor of the PS3 in its early years.

Other than poor performance when it was needed most, the game was pretty good. It's much harder than the newer Second Son and First Light (though some of that was due to performance) and the story is tighter as a result of the main missions being more of a focus than the open world stuff.
The games strong points were the sense of powering up as you gained new super power abilities. The real good stuff was gained through story missions, not experience- this made the missions feel very tailor made, since the developers could be sure of what main powers you have at any time. So you start out as the worlds weakest super powered hero, traversing the world is tedious and slow and your main offense feels like a pea shooter- making you wish you could just have a gun like your enemies do. But as you gain the story powers you transform into a rail grinding powerhouse, able to handle anything.

Like all games in the series you can play as an evil powermonger or a do-gooder. I played as a do-gooder. I doubt I'll play it again for the other side of the experience.

I like these open world super powered traversal games and this one was decent, but I prefer the Crackdown series and especially Sunset Overdrive. I'll try to play infamous 2 later this year I think.
Post edited August 09, 2019 by CMOT70

muddysneakers: SS2 had respawning enemies as well if I remember correctly.
Haha, oh, yes. A few times when I've played the game, I'd go into a small room with one of the cyborg nannies, kill her off, look around, and then turn around to leave only to get shot in the back because the game had spawned another nanny in the room.
After numerous drops - for long and short time - through the years (more than a decade) I finally managed to finish the TES3 Morrowind.

No mods, no fan-patches, just what I got on GOG.

Got PTSD from dealing with these cliffracers, they breed on the mountains like a crazy and constantly get stuck on objects, then unblock at your nearby presence.

Got some annoying error "can't render spell brown blight" or whatever, dealt with it after a while.
Numerous crashes near the end. And dozens of crashes at loading the saves, mostly QS.
For some reasons loading times are pretty long on fullscreen, weird.

Empire espionage with Caius was fun but then... you get to the part where you have to convince 3 houses and 4 tribes to be their man.
So much walking ugh... it took me more than a week to deal with houses and another week (slightly more) with tribes.

Exploring is fun, no scalling for loot was neat.
On the contrary you have truckload of loot that you won't sell to anyone unless you feed the Creeper with money and cheaper items and rest a lot of days. But why you need so much money?

Spellmaking would be ok but restriction are steep. Can't make faster Levitation or else it won't start.
Healing spells are useless, just use Fortify Health with Soultrap and you're done. And all these Cure Disease/Blight/else, wish I could remove some of that bloat but whatever.

Destruction magic was useless, with mana issues it wasn't worth my time, and some monsters were deflecting spells when you least expected it.
Should stick with the Marksman skill but then arrow and other missles would take precious space.

Glad it's over.
Post edited August 09, 2019 by SpecShadow
high rated
Finished Planescape: Torment for the first time.

Pretty floored to be honest, I loved it!
It was a very easy game difficulty-wise, at least for my standard Strength Charisma character.
But the places I went to, the characters I've met... It was all pretty exciting! Also, I hear many say that this is less of a game and more of a choose-your-own-adventure book, but I enjoyed the combat encounters and dungeons too. It wasn't anything groundbreaking gameplay-wise, but I would have enjoyed it less if it were just a book.

As someone who did not start playing games until I was seven years old in 2000 when we got our family computer, it's pretty mindblowing going back to classics like this and playing them for the first time. It's like I am playing games from the future since modern titles often feel like they are still figuring out what a video game should be, while games like Planescape seem to have it figured out. For example, I realized how dumb it is to voice all lines in a video game to make it more movie-like; Planescape understood that conveying most dialogue through text is more efficient as it allows for more lines in a game and gets you back in the game quicker (since you read faster than listening to someone speak). Cutscenes and voiced lines are used only to emphasize the best parts, and I think that's the perfect way to do video games.

There are other things, like the graphics still being better than most Indie-A tier games released today. Tyranny doesn't look that much better than Planescape graphically. The soundtrack is also wonderful in Planescape since it goes for a more ambient track that only hints at emotions, rather than telling you straight up what you should be feeling. Modern games like having very emotional tracks which can often mess with the scenes imo.

Overall, I just love how little disconnect I had with the game! I normally disconnect with most games very easily, where I laugh at supposedly dramatic scenes or just mash the Esc key to skip cutscenes that are trying way too hard to get me feel something
Post edited August 09, 2019 by Karterii1993
Far Cry 3 (PS3)

I could never see what the fuss about Far Cry was. I got half way through the first one before encountering a very steep difficulty spike. I didn't get long into the 2nd, roadblocks were frustrating and I recall there being no autosave feature (Which was pretty atrocious for a console game that young) causing me to lose a lot of progress after dying. I had briefly played 3 a few years ago but lost interest quickly. I came back to it recently because a friend said it was really good, and he was right. The problem is the beginning is terrible, the restrictions placed on you are appalling, you are limited to so little ammo and weapons it makes long stretches away from basecamps impossible. The shear amount of enemies driving along the road at the beginning was also a chore and ammo drain. I get that this is supposed to feel like you're progressing, but the restrictions were too tight in my opinion. I beelined for max ammo, gun holsters and loot bags and the game suddenly became so much better, I wasn't restricted between going pure stealth or pure assault with more weapons to carry, with increased ammo I was able to fight off random encounters and clear out enemy bases, stealth upgrades suddenly made stealth a viable option.

Aside from that rant, the game was pretty good. Gameplay was fun and side quests are a bit more unique than those found in other RPG's. The story was alright, although there are 1 or 2 major plotholes/inconsistencies, which I get was done to improve character development, but in hindsight were strange. The bossfights were one of the worst parts, insta-fail quicktime events in a hallucinogenic world that ruins immersion and one boss where waves of enemies are sent at you whilst you have a gun with a relatively small magazine. It was a good rpg, however the failings put it nowhere near my favourites. You can get it fairly cheap though, and you can spend a long time doing sidequests.