It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I finally finished my first game in 2015. :)

Lilly Looking Through
A very short adventure game. I think I played just a little more than two hours when it was finally over (and it ended with a kind of a cliffhanger). Somehow it felt like this was just the prologue to a much bigger adventure.

The game is very atmospheric, the background graphics and the music are really beautiful and the animations of Lilly are very well done. I also liked how the story was told without using any words. Gameplay itself is mediocre at best. You can't move around freely, but instead only click on hotspots to move around or interact with items or your environment. Even for a point and click adventure this isn't a good idea in my eyes. Some of the puzzles are well done and the ability to change the time by using Lilly's googles is a good one. The colour puzzles at the end of the game on the other hand didn't seem completely logic to me and I solved one of them by randomly clicking at the items.

Overall I enjoyed the game (it was very relaxing) and I think it is a good one to play it with younger kids, but I have the feeling that there was potential for more. Let's see if there will be a sequel in the future.

Complete list of finished games in 2015
Post edited January 17, 2015 by PaterAlf
Games finished in 2013: 68 - post deleted
Games finished in 2014: 57 List
Games finished in 2015: 28

Currently Playing
Sacred
Quest for Infamy
Oddworld

Games Completed

16 January 2015 - King's Bounty: The Legend
17 January 2015 - Crystal Caves - Episode 1
18 January 2015 - Duke Nukem - Episode 1
18 January 2015 - Crystal Caves - Episode 2
23 January 2015 - Duke Nukem - Episode 2
24 January 2015 - Blackwell Epiphany
24 January 2015 - Duke Nukem - Episode 3
26 January 2015 - Anomaly Warzone Earth
26 January 2015 - Leisure Suit Larry 1
30 January 2015 - Leisure Suit Larry 2
1 February 2015 - Leisure Suit Larry 3
1 February 2015 - Crystal Caves Episode 3
8 February 2015 - Leisure Suit Larry 5
14 February 2015 - Duke Nukem 2
14 February 2015 - The Swapper
10 March 2015 - Eschalon Book 3
12 March 2015 - Leisure Suite Larry 6
28 March 2015 - Expeditions Conquistador
3 April 2015 - Entomorph
5 April 2015 - Enclave
26 April 2015 - Sanitarium
4 May 2015 - Dead Synchonicity
7 May 2015 - Shank
16 May 2015 - Shank 2
16 May 2015 - Broken Age
25 October 2015 - Unepic
26 October 2015 - Legend of Kyrandia
26 October 2015 - Blake Stone: Planet Strike
Post edited October 26, 2015 by htown1980
Puzzle Agent: A short but enjoyable adventure/puzzle game. I beat it in 3 hours, which involved some repeated puzzles. Some of the puzzles are frustrating more than fun, but overall I'd recommend it to anyone who likes puzzles. The ending is fairly cliffhanger-y, but the sequel apparently picks up where this one ends.

My list
include me ( i'm pretty late to the party)

Jan 16th 2015: Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus

Finally finish this shit after 2 (or 3? i don't really sure) months. Hard, tactical ( you can't just jump in and smash button like no tomorrow), crazy, badass and really exciting. Game is long, 19 chapter at 1-2 hours each.

If you think Raiden (MGS2) with sword is badass, think it twice when control this fucking protagonist. He just like a SpecOps with Katana, so much moves to learn (and master), so much weapon to choose.

And i have to to tell this again, this game is freaking hard. Any creep can place a killing blow on you ( i just play on Normal), and the bosses are preaty annoying. Play this game on my bed after a long working day is really nice experience.

Whatever, i'm not good when i want to explain my feeling and my thoughts; so just play this game ( or any port: Ninja Gaiden Black, Sigma....). In fac,t this Vita port is not a best version of this game, if you can, just grab the PS3 one and ready to be blown out!
Chrono Trigger

Decent game. Except for the music, nothing really stood out, but it's a case of the whole being larger than the sum of its parts.

I do sort of wish I could find a jRPG that's...a bit more serious? If you're acquainted with anime, CT is basically a battle shounen, and I'd like a seinen title. I'd appreciate a suggestion, especially if its a MegaDrive/SNES/PSX title, and not especially grindy.
Include me

Last year was a bit lousy. On to 2015

01 | 21.01.2015 Murasaki Baby (Vita)
02 | 24.01.2015 Far Cry 3
03 | 10.02.2015 Grim Fandango Remastered
04 | 15.02.2015 Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
05 | 23.02.2015 The Night of the Rabbit
06 | 02.03.2015 Costume Quest 2
07 | 08.03.2015 Castle of Illusion
08 | 14.03.2015 Journey of a Roach
09 | 19.03.2015 Still Life 2 - horrible :/ inventory, puzzles, dumb protagonist. I liked the first one, but this is horrible
10 | 29.03.2015 The Samaritan Paradox
11 | 30.04.2015 Broken Age Act 2
12 | 09.05.2015 Rayman Origins (Vita) - finished all levels (including Land of the Dead)
13 | 17.05.2015 Bulletstorm
14 | 30.05.2015 Jurassic Park: The Game - meh
15 | 07.06.2015 Professor Layton and The Pandora's Box (3DS) - finished all puzzles in Story Mode
16 | 21.06.2015 Dragon Age: Origins - Awakening
17 | 29.06.2015 Hitman GO (iOS)
18 | 18.07.2015 Castlevania Symphony of the Night (Vita)
19 | 09.08.2015 The Room Two (iOS)
20 | 09.08.2015 Botanicula
21 | 18.08.2015 The Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks (3DS)
22 | 27.08.2015 Teddy Floppy Ear - Kayaking (my first game with my kid finished :) I wonder if he'll choose one the Humongous games next or another Teddy Floppy Ear game :))
23 | 01.09.2015 Freddi Fish and The Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds
24 | 01.09.2015 Lara Croft GO (iOS)
25 | 03.09.2015 Teslagrad - OMG, those 1 hit deaths!?!?! But it is done. Complete.... 100%!!!
26 | 22.09.2015 Valiant Hearts: The Great War™ / Soldats Inconnus : Mémoires de la Grande Guerre™
27 | 01.10.2015 Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor
27.1 | 10.10.2015 - The Lord of the Hunt
27.2 | 11.10.2015 - The Bright Lord
28 | 06.10.2015 Perils of Man
29 | 10.11.2015 - Spider-man Shattered Dimensions
30 | 31.12.2015 - Lumino City
Post edited December 31, 2015 by JediEagle
hyperagathon: Chrono Trigger

Decent game. Except for the music, nothing really stood out, but it's a case of the whole being larger than the sum of its parts.

I do sort of wish I could find a jRPG that's...a bit more serious? If you're acquainted with anime, CT is basically a battle shounen, and I'd like a seinen title. I'd appreciate a suggestion, especially if its a MegaDrive/SNES/PSX title, and not especially grindy.
Seinen in JRPGs? Good luck with that! :P
As I said in another thread, that is imo the most "immature" genre out there, both for what concerns storyline and gameplay.
The only real exception I can think about is Lost Odyseey (for the Xbox360), mostly for the "1000 years of dreams" short stories (p.s. it also has almost no grinding); Xenogears could be another good example, but after a great first part the devs screwed up everything in the second.
Right now, a firend of mine convinced me to play FF Tactics (JRPG-strategy hybrid) , and while I must agree that it is apparently a lot more mature than average, I have a bad feeling about the direction the narrative is taking (i.e. "let's save the world from Evil" trope, AGAIN).

I think Chrono Trigger was a bit more mature than most, but that is debatable. I strongly disagree about the sountrack, though: imo, it is one of the best of its era!
The Wolf Among Us, Ep. 5: Cry Wolf

Finally found the time to finish the game. And I'm sorry to say this, but I was left just a little bit disappointed at the end. If I were to compare this to the final episode of The Walking Dead, the latter had a much bigger impact. All loose ends were tied, Lee and Clementine's friendship got the perfect bitter-sweet ending, and everything simply clicked. I can't say the same for Cry Wolf. In fact, it was even a little bit ridiculous, when a renowned crime lord tried to make a serious defense - and the fact that for a little while, the Woodlands community considered siding with his case. None of it was believable in my opinion. I also don't think I fully understand what the ultimate motive behind the killings were. The victims were disobedient? They wanted to break free? I couldn't say for sure. Add to the fact the last minute conversation Bigby has with a certain character - they don't clearly tell you what really happened, but it is strongly implied that there was some foul play there that was left unsolved. You have the option to go after the person, but whether you do or not doesn't matter, because then the game ends. I was left with an assumption that perhaps the murders were somehow orchestrated even more cunningly than we were left to believe since the murder trial, but like I said: I can't say for sure. There's still some loose ends here, which basically made the very last scene a cliffhanger: and I fucking hate cliffhangers.

Well, to review the game as a whole: even for the fact that a couple episodes were significantly weaker than the rest (plus the BS ending), it was still a great game. It looks and sounds really great, the events and their unfolding are really interesting to watch, the characters are well-written and interesting, and the story is (for the most part) just as well written as in any other recent Telltale games. The gameplay is pretty non-existent, but that doesn't matter because obviously, if you're gonna play the game, you're playing it for the story. And it succeeds there. It's not as good as The Walking Dead Season 1, but compared to numerous other video game stories, it's definitely without any real competition. Overall verdict: recommended, but not before playing The Walking Dead first because it's even better.

Episode rating rundown (just this once):
Ep. 1: Faith ★★★★★
Ep. 2: Smoke & Mirrors ★★★★☆
Ep. 3: A Crooked Mile ★★★☆☆
Ep. 4: In Sheep's Clothing ★★★★☆
Ep. 5: Cry Wolf ★★★☆☆
Jan 18 - Crystal Caves (All episodes)

Decent gameplay with some nice puzzles. A couple of the levels were difficult to figure out, but most took 1 to 3 tries to finish. Has a semi-parody storyline typical of early Apogee platformers (lots of Star Trek and Star Wars references). Took about 5-6 hours to complete. Episode 3 has a bug that traps the player in the upper left area of the main map when you do those two levels, had to cheat to get out in order to avoid restarting my game.
Post edited January 18, 2015 by adambiser
1/18/15 - Puzzle Agent 2. I have mixed feelings about this one. It's basically the same as the first, since it's a direct sequel, with a decent mix of types of puzzles. I can't stand the "program in the directions" puzzles, because their directions always seem to leave something out, but other than that... I have a big problem with the last big "puzzle" of the game being an action-oriented, extremely-time-limited thing. It's simple, but still enough to irritate me, especially since you aren't told that for this ONE puzzle, the way things are connected works differently than ALL the prior puzzles.

I'm also not thrilled that there's an achievement for a perfect game, because in order to get it, you have to use no hints and have no wrong submissions at all in the entire game - so if you mess anything up, even once, you get to start an entirely new game. Argh. I will say that the voice acting is very good, although there are a noticeable number of typos in the text. Still short, but maybe a little longer than the first; I finished this one in four hours exactly.

Overall, a decent puzzle game and I'm sure some of my reactions are due to my personal dislike of certain types of puzzles, but I certainly wouldn't pay $10 for it. I'm pretty sure I picked up PA 1 and 2 in a bundle for a couple of bucks during some Steam sale; I'd recommend waiting for a similar one.

My list.
Post edited January 18, 2015 by penumbren
Enebias: Seinen in JRPGs? Good luck with that! :P
I think I kinda see what you mean heh, but I was hoping it's merely my lack of knowledge.

The only real exception I can think about is Lost Odyseey (for the Xbox360), mostly for the "1000 years of dreams" short stories (p.s. it also has almost no grinding); Xenogears could be another good example, but after a great first part the devs screwed up everything in the second.
Unfortunately, newer titles are off the table, though it's good to know such a game exists on some system. I know the name, I'll have to look up some gameplay videos.

Xenogears in on my list, and actually I've been debating with myself between it and

Right now, a firend of mine convinced me to play FF Tactics (JRPG-strategy hybrid) , and while I must agree that it is apparently a lot more mature than average, I have a bad feeling about the direction the narrative is taking (i.e. "let's save the world from Evil" trope, AGAIN).
for my next game. I like (actual) turn-based combat, and I've liked every SRPG (talk about a misnomer, they're never strategy games, and often not RPGs either) I've so far tried. But I have two "objections" to it:

1) I've looked up the required playthrough time, and it's staggering - that sounds like there'll be a lot of grinding.

2) I've played FF:TA (GBA), and while FF:T is supposed to be a far better game in terms of story (Advanced is very childish, and overall the least interesting of the titles I've tried), I assume the combat is the same. That's a problem, because larger battles lasted far too long for my taste, and if 1) is true...brrrr.

As for Xenogears, people praise the story to high heavens, but apparently the gameplay is so-so and the graphics are horrible. I can sort of fix the second one, but obviously not the first. And it too is very long. Any opinions on that?

I think Chrono Trigger was a bit more mature than most, but that is debatable. I strongly disagree about the sountrack, though: imo, it is one of the best of its era!
Heh, that does not bode well for my future excursions into jRPG land.

As for the music, 'tis a simple case of misunderstanding - we actually agree! Nothing except it stood out for me - meaning it did. It's great.
hyperagathon: Unfortunately, newer titles are off the table, though it's good to know such a game exists on some system. I know the name, I'll have to look up some gameplay videos.
If the game isn't too new (meaning you own a NDS) you might want to give "Radiant Historia" a try.

The battles are turn based but over pretty quickly. There is a bit of strategy involved but overall the game is easy.
I only remember grinding at one point somewhere around the middle of the game but still my main character (the one who has to be in the group at all times) ended up with level 90+. This is mostly because I wanted to see all the short "what if" storys. Some of them can be quite dark.
Differently from Chrono Trigger there is only one end but depending on the "what if" storys you got the ending gets addtional scenes. Some of them can change the ending completely. If that makes sense... it would be hard to explain it without spoilers.
hyperagathon: 1) I've looked up the required playthrough time, and it's staggering - that sounds like there'll be a lot of grinding.
Yes. Hours and hours. I completely despise the very concept of grinding, and this game in particular is DREADFUL: you'll nead loads of experience to move in this uselessly intricated job tree, often being forced to switch a good class for a less useful one in which your character has NO training just to unlock more new ones. Also, several sections are very badly balanced, resulting sometimes in battles entirely based on luck and almost impossible to win without cheap tricks. I'll be sincere with you: I'm playing it only because a friend of mine asked me to, being that one of his favourite games of all time. He wants to convince me that I could like the genre as well, but I'm afraid his schemes are not working as planned! :P

hyperagathon: As for Xenogears, people praise the story to high heavens, but apparently the gameplay is so-so and the graphics are horrible. I can sort of fix the second one, but obviously not the first. And it too is very long. Any opinions on that?
Considering that the game was released during the PSX era, I don't think the graphics were horrible. Quite the contrary, actually!
The story is initially very interesting, combining mystery, political intrigue, science fiction, action and several very "crude" moments with an excellent pace... yet it seems that the funds ran out during the developement of the second part, and that -at least, imo- is painfully evident. The really consistent lenght you mentioned didn't help in that regard, either, so I'm not sure I could recommend it: it will first strike you as awesome, then it will let you down. Maybe it would be better to avoid it, because it *will* leave a bitter taste in your mouth.

hyperagathon: As for the music, 'tis a simple case of misunderstanding - we actually agree! Nothing except it stood out for me - meaning it did. It's great.
Oh, I see!
I interpreted it like: "it was overall decent, except the music which didn't stand out"! Sorry! :)

In any case, take my words with a grain of salt: I don't like JRPGs, that much is obvious and I make no attempts to deny it. What I wrote is clearly absed on my tastes, so you will undoubtedly hear many completely different opinions about the same topic.
From what I read in your post, though, I think our thoughts on the matter might be similar to mine!

Edited for grammar.
Post edited January 18, 2015 by Enebias
hyperagathon: Unfortunately, newer titles are off the table, though it's good to know such a game exists on some system. I know the name, I'll have to look up some gameplay videos.
Dotur: If the game isn't too new (meaning you own a NDS) you might want to give "Radiant Historia" a try.

The battles are turn based but over pretty quickly. There is a bit of strategy involved but overall the game is easy.
I only remember grinding at one point somewhere around the middle of the game but still my main character (the one who has to be in the group at all times) ended up with level 90+. This is mostly because I wanted to see all the short "what if" storys. Some of them can be quite dark.
Differently from Chrono Trigger there is only one end but depending on the "what if" storys you got the ending gets addtional scenes. Some of them can change the ending completely. If that makes sense... it would be hard to explain it without spoilers.
Sigh, I really want to like Radiant Historia :( but it's just so long winded and there's so much backtracking and unskippable dialogue. If I go back to it, I'll do it with a walkthrough next to me. Figuring out what to do just gets so tedious :|
hyperagathon: I do sort of wish I could find a jRPG that's...a bit more serious? If you're acquainted with anime, CT is basically a battle shounen, and I'd like a seinen title. I'd appreciate a suggestion, especially if its a MegaDrive/SNES/PSX title, and not especially grindy.
Suikoden 2

-serious themes and characters
-characters are anime style bitmaps but not cabbage head chibis - not saying chibi prevents a serious mood but some people hate chibi style and therefor Suikoden is a great recommendation for anyone, chibi-tolerant or not
-not grindy
-you won't regret playing it

EDIT: technically, I still regard this a shounen title but it's decisively more mature than Chrono Trigger. Both are great games.
Post edited January 18, 2015 by awalterj