It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

All right, here are some pictures of my (still-unfinished) scarf. It actually has glitters too but you can't really see that because of the crappy picture quality. :P
Attachments:
scarf1.jpg (353 Kb)
scarf2.jpg (406 Kb)
scarf3.jpg (465 Kb)
Hope it's not too late to participate? Here are some portrait sketches from life made in January, most of these were drawn on the train. Half the people didn't know I was drawing them and the other half was kind enough not to run away, or more precisely they had nowhere to run off to. I intend to draw many more this year as there is an endless supply of humans (and dogs etc) and I must draw everyone.
Attachments:
Post edited February 01, 2016 by awalterj
Klumpen0815: I'm in (better late than never).

I didn't have any time this month to what I planned to do due to work and I have to be quiet tomorrow, so I recorded something just now to keep my word, sorry for the few hickups, haven't been practicing much lately and jammed my left index finger yesterday when repairing my bike yet again.

My USB audio interface works perfectly now plug'n'play with Linux thanks to a simple setting in Pulse, so:
Mazurka à Rigal
Just a traditional dancing tune played on my trusty wheelfiddle.
A lovely tune, as always! Catchy, too. I dig it.
FearfulSymmetry: All right, here are some pictures of my (still-unfinished) scarf. It actually has glitters too but you can't really see that because of the crappy picture quality. :P
Oooh! It's sparkly! And blend-y with the colors! Whoever wears this shall indubitably be the most fabulous scarf-wearer on the block.
awalterj: Hope it's not too late to participate? Here are some portrait sketches from life made in January, most of these were drawn on the train. Half the people didn't know I was drawing them and the other half was kind enough not to run away, or more precisely they had nowhere to run off to. I intend to draw many more this year as there is an endless supply of humans (and dogs etc) and I must draw everyone.
It's never too late! At least, not while it ain't the 1st.
But man alive, those are AMAZING! You could get a job going into comics!
MadyNora: Not in, here have a kitten :3
The only problem I have with that thing is that I'd feel terrible eating it.
misteryo: I wrote this yesterday. I will use it to be "in" as you young folks say.

That night I drove into the heart of the city. It was the same city I drove into every night. But this time it was more. It was the city of my dreams. Of my blood. The city of my threadbare conscience. It was as if the city understood that now that I was hers--now that she had changed me to match the image of me she held in her heart--she knew she was now free to change herself into the image of her that I carried. A Picasso image of splintered sight-lines, a Banksy image of stencils on crumbling brick, a CAT scan of shattered bone. I let the car drive itself. I was already far ahead. I was already home
...but what comes next?
We must have more!
Post edited February 01, 2016 by zeogold
FearfulSymmetry: All right, here are some pictures of my (still-unfinished) scarf. It actually has glitters too but you can't really see that because of the crappy picture quality. :P
Nice scarf! I like how colors go change. Looks warm and very suitable for the winter time.
awalterj: Hope it's not too late to participate? Here are some portrait sketches from life made in January, most of these were drawn on the train. Half the people didn't know I was drawing them and the other half was kind enough not to run away, or more precisely they had nowhere to run off to. I intend to draw many more this year as there is an endless supply of humans (and dogs etc) and I must draw everyone.
Amazingly nice! You have skills!
Post edited February 01, 2016 by Dessimu
Last day, folks! Giveaway closes at midnight, PST!
But... We haven't done our MAMMOTHS yet! It is too soon! Ho...Wh... Ehh, I need to get back to my mammoth.
Dessimu: But... We haven't done our MAMMOTHS yet! It is too soon! Ho...Wh... Ehh, I need to get back to my mammoth.
Hey, I did MY mammoth.
zeogold: Hey, I did MY mammoth.
Well, yes. But WE didn't do OUR yet. And you know what they say... One mammoth is not an army of mammoths.

Actually, no ones says that.
Post edited February 01, 2016 by Dessimu
zeogold: Hey, I did MY mammoth.
Dessimu: Well, yes. But WE didn't do OUR yet. And you what they say... One mammoth is not an army of mammoths.

Actually, no ones says that.
But...but...I drew an army mammoth!
zeogold: It's never too late! At least, not while it ain't the 1st.
Thank you! Drawing comic books is really extremely hard (as in over 9000 hard) even if one chooses a simplified style. I greatly admire people who have the stamina to finish an entire book, regardless of what style they work in.

When I do more illustrative stuff, I employ a sort of pseudoretarded style, here's an example of some comic style illustrations I made for a retirement party where they did stand-up comedy poking fun of the retiree and I was commissioned to supply drawings to visually underline the jokes. For this assignment, I had to stealthily stalk the guy at his office job and study his movements and habits without him having any idea what I was up to. It's a bit like Hitman in RL without the strangulation wire.
I wasn't there at the retirement event but was told that he enjoyed the cartoons and had a great laugh and that's what it's all about.

PS: Over here, it was already 7 AM on Feb 1st when I posted my entry but I now realize that you must live somewhere in the US West Coast area so it was around 10 PM on January 31st for you - time zones to the rescue :)

Dessimu: Amazingly nice! You have skills!
Thanks dessimu :)
Attachments:
vespa.jpg (40 Kb)
yoghurt.jpg (24 Kb)
Post edited February 02, 2016 by awalterj
zeogold: It's never too late! At least, not while it ain't the 1st.
awalterj: Thank you! Drawing comic books is really extremely hard (as in over 9000 hard) even if one chooses a simplified style. I greatly admire people who have the stamina to finish an entire book, regardless of what style they work in.

When I do more illustrative stuff, I employ a sort of pseudoretarded style, here's an example of some comic style illustrations I made for a retirement party where they did stand-up comedy poking fun of the retiree and I was commissioned to supply drawings to visually underline the jokes. For this assignment, I had to stealthily stalk the guy at his office job and study his movements and habits without him having any idea what I was up to. It's a bit like Hitman in RL without the strangulation wire.
I wasn't there at the retirement event but was told that he enjoyed the cartoons and had a great laugh and that's what it's all about.

PS: Over here, it was already 7 AM on Feb 1st when I posted my entry but I now realize that you must live somewhere in the US West Coast area so it was around 10 PM on January 31st for you - time zones to the rescue :)

Dessimu: Amazingly nice! You have skills!
awalterj: Thanks dessimu :)
I was thinking more like a webcomic or something where you work on your own schedule rather than a comic BOOK. You really are very talented.
You could compile it all into a book later if you so desire.
Post edited February 02, 2016 by zeogold
zeogold: I was thinking more like a webcomic or something where you work on your own schedule rather than a comic BOOK. You really are very talented.
Thanks again, yes I quite like the idea of a non-deadlined book which just so happens to become viable when you have enough pieces of whatever it is you're doing. That way, one can gradually chip away at the project without too much pressure. One of these days, I should learn how to use Adobe InDesign or some layout program though. Self-publishing could be very interesting and I assume it's highly satisfying.
zeogold: I was thinking more like a webcomic or something where you work on your own schedule rather than a comic BOOK. You really are very talented.
awalterj: Thanks again, yes I quite like the idea of a non-deadlined book which just so happens to become viable when you have enough pieces of whatever it is you're doing. That way, one can gradually chip away at the project without too much pressure. One of these days, I should learn how to use Adobe InDesign or some layout program though. Self-publishing could be very interesting and I assume it's highly satisfying.
I'd commission you for some artwork if I weren't so dang broke.
awalterj: Thanks again, yes I quite like the idea of a non-deadlined book which just so happens to become viable when you have enough pieces of whatever it is you're doing. That way, one can gradually chip away at the project without too much pressure. One of these days, I should learn how to use Adobe InDesign or some layout program though. Self-publishing could be very interesting and I assume it's highly satisfying.
I'd love it if you made a webcomic.
You could make your own handmade font via http://www.paintfont.com/ to fill the bubbles without losing the time for text, I know a webcomig where it's done and it seems to work pretty well.
Post edited February 02, 2016 by Klumpen0815
Alrighty, looks like it's over folks.

THAT'S A WRAP!

I'll compile up the winners sometime soon-ish and spit out the results.