It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IDK what drealmer was talking about with that whole Harvard thing, but gg to him and trial in particular for cracking the code.
Go Village!

Hahaha, indeed!

Sorry for not being as involved, hope to repeat it some time again, as it can be fun.

bler144: @HSL Just curious why you shot down my theory then. ;) [...]
Because I saw where you were going with it, and wanted to spare you the effort as I was pretty sure he'd not bite.

I should have gone with "I switched one of the claimed villagers with zeogold", but thought of it too late.

But hey, Go Village!
bler144: IDK what drealmer was talking about with that whole Harvard thing, but gg to him and trial in particular for cracking the code.
I was watching The Paper Chase streaming on netflix, that was a culminating scene and I found it amusing enough to share
Pretty inevitable, really. I'm honestly not sure what I could have done to get myself out of that one.

Lordy, that was secretly agonizing. I was hoping the entire time that neither of those guys would claim villager, and...that's exactly what both of them did. Everybody thought I was seer claiming to "lead" the game, but in fact, I WANTED to look suspicious with an overly-bold claim. What I was really doing was trying to tip the both of them off by saying there were werewolf and villager in the middle. This way, I knew that:
1. They'd know I was their minion since they both knew there was two of them and I had to be lying about the wolf in the center
2. They'd see the villager claim and realize not to claim villager, instead claiming power roles and stirring the pot, whereupon I could try to direct it from there
My hints got more and more desperate and everybody picked up on them except the people they were aimed at. o_O

Good game, though. I think my team could have benefited from a couple things:
1. More playtime (I noticed that both Trent and Blotunga seemed to be crunched for time)
2. A bit of pregame communication between those two (in real life, the wolves will have a few moments to form a small plan, albeit with not much more than hand signals and gesturing)

HypersomniacLive: I should have gone with "I switched one of the claimed villagers with zeogold", but thought of it too late.
Actually, it's probably good you didn't. That was the one thing I was hoping you WOULD do, as it would enable me to make the fakeout claim of "I was lone wolf!". Would've given me the lynch right away.
Post edited December 29, 2016 by zeogold
zeogold: Pretty inevitable, really. I'm honestly not sure what I could have done to get myself out of that one.

Lordy, that was secretly agonizing.
Man, I was feeling for you. It was like you were in a finger-trap or barbed-wire or quick(slow)sand and each time you moved you just got more stuck/did more damage and all I could do was watch you struggle.

I don't know what you could have done except not claim seer from the getgo like you did. You knew there were two wolves (and so that they had no peek and were going blind) so maybe what you should have done was just played town who also didn't know as much as you could and just give the game little directional pushes of "veteraned view helpfulness"

5 claimed villagers is better than 2 claimed seers at that point. at least wait and see what other claims there are and hope for no seer claim, then claim it if not, otherwise your move is to claim mason with a wolfbuddy (you say flatout NO WAY trent is my masonbuddy) and get the vote turned on adalia and paint it as a mistake move by a newer player or something. The game is so cut and dry, that is literally how you have to play it, you pick something and you just have to go with it and believe it 100%
Post edited December 29, 2016 by drealmer7
HypersomniacLive: Because I saw where you were going with it, and wanted to spare you the effort as I was pretty sure he'd not bite.
Fair enough. I'd actually been thinking about it for 24 hours, so as long as he didn't see my nod to you I thought I had a chance, but you're probably right that it wouldn't have been worth the effort even if it worked.
drealmer7: I don't know what you could have done except not claim seer from the getgo like you did. You knew there were two wolves (and so that they had no peek and were going blind) so maybe what you should have done was just played town who also didn't know as much as you could and just give the game little directional pushes of "veteraned view helpfulness"

5 claimed villagers is better than 2 claimed seers at that point. at least wait and see what other claims there are and hope for no seer claim, then claim it if not, otherwise your move is to claim mason with a wolfbuddy and get the vote turned on adalia. The game is so cut and dry, that is literally how you have to play it, you pick something and you just have to go with it and believe it 100%
If I hung back too much though, that would have kind of defeated the purpose. I did manage to draw the lynch and get all eyes on me successfully for some time until I slowly managed to lose everybody's attention to the exact two people I was trying to distract them from.
I think that the mason claim would've painted me too heavily as tanner and ended up getting me ignored for the rest of the game. At least after everyone knew I was minion, I still could at least do SOMEthing by making people focus too much on my words and overanalyze my "messages" to my "teammates".
Post edited December 29, 2016 by zeogold
drealmer7: [...] but waiting too long could have backfired hard-core by not giving town enough time to figure out the puzzle [...]
No it couldn't. Or do you think I'd play it the same had I picked a different switch to make?

I was LMAO reading that bler144 robbed you, and knew that very moment that what I did would have absolutely no impact on solving the puzzle/game.

The waiting had nothing to do with making sure bler144 was not lying, I was pretty sure early on he wasn't, it was trying to figure out a way to bait and shake reactions out of the suspicious ones. It took quite longer, as I, and they, had very limited time.

zeogold: [...] 2. They'd see the villager claim and realize not to claim villager, instead claiming power roles and stirring the pot, whereupon I could try to direct it from there [...]
I think they both took your... examples as hints to do exactly that, claim villager.
drealmer7: 5 claimed villagers is better than 2 claimed seers at that point. at least wait and see what other claims there are and hope for no seer claim, then claim it if not, otherwise your move is to claim mason with a wolfbuddy (you say flatout NO WAY trent is my masonbuddy) and get the vote turned on adalia and paint it as a mistake move by a newer player or something. The game is so cut and dry, that is literally how you have to play it, you pick something and you just have to go with it and believe it 100%
Who drew what roles I think mattered as well. I mean, I think I would have town-read Drealmer - mostly. Villager would have been a safer place to hide if there had been 3, no confirmation of any of them, and maybe someone town who looked a bit more suspicious on their own - like, say, hunter.

Blotunga was suspicious mostly just by POE - drealmer "confirmed" and Trial actually towning it up.
HypersomniacLive: I think they both took your... examples as hints to do exactly that, claim villager.
I forget the order of appearances for each person, but with me saying that there were two villagers in-game and with Drealmer and Trial both claiming villager, the "message" was "If you claim villager, it will make you the biggest target. Don't do it."
If my suspicions are correct, they claimed that mostly because they didn't have enough time to invest (with a villager claim, nobody can really confirm or deny your role, so you can pretty much just coast for the rest of the game).
zeogold: [...] Actually, it's probably good you didn't. That was the one thing I was hoping you WOULD do, as it would enable me to make the fakeout claim of "I was lone wolf!". Would've given me the lynch right away.
Are you sure about that? I knew it wasn't true, and I think others trusted me enough to believe me when I'd have revealed it was just bait, so sorry, I don't think you could have won this against me.

And the interesting part for me was to see trentonlf's reaction, pretty sure he had caught on that you were the minion.
HypersomniacLive: Are you sure about that? I knew it wasn't true, and I think others trusted me enough to believe me when I'd have revealed it was just bait, so sorry, I don't think you could have won this against me.
If you said you had swapped me and I claimed lone wolf, at the very least it would have turned peoples' eyes towards me. After revealing it was just bait, it would then open the question of whether I realized it was bait and was prepared for it or if I was legitimately tricked.
Whether I could make it seem like I was legitimately tricked or not would be a question of acting, and that's a question we can't really answer.
A couple of notes from myself, as well.

All in all, I'm pretty content with how it all went down in a forum medium but obviously there are part that can be improved in terms of setup.

First of all, the holiday season proved to not be the best time to do this since it greatly affected a bunch of people, including myself, and not having enough time to get involved may cost you the game.

I'm convinced it'll all go better if there aren't that much side distractions and a 4 RL days game would go even better. Seems like the sweet spot to me. At about that mark people had a few leads to go on but the Werewolf team also wasn't in a bad shape just yet.

With enough time and a bit of luck the Village is usually favored to win which happened here as well.

Zeo did a fantastic job even and if the Werewolves started to play a bit sooner I feel like the game may have gone in a very different direction.

Both Trent and Blotunga managed shift gears in a very impressive way for first-timers but at that point it was already too late to make a difference. The slow start and delay in backing Zeo up became is what decided the game for their team from my perspective.

HSL did a very good job as well, but again, not enough commitment to the game was what gave the Werewolf team hope.

Everyone else played a good game and managed to work things out to good vote target in the end.

@Werewolves, know that basically everyone who voted for trent accompanied their vote with "I'm not sure about this at all but crossing fingers it's the right choice" so you were almost there. You just needed a bit of extra push earlier and you may have taken this :)

Thanks, everyone for taking part in this experiment! I hope you had fun and you'd be up for another round in the future.
zeogold: If you said you had swapped me and I claimed lone wolf, at the very least it would have turned peoples' eyes towards me. After revealing it was just bait, it would then open the question of whether I realized it was bait and was prepared for it or if I was legitimately tricked.
Whether I could make it seem like I was legitimately tricked or not would be a question of acting, and that's a question we can't really answer.
Don't overlook everything that had transpired, and the point in the game I threw a bone to trentonlf. I think that there was hardly anyone on the village team that believed anything you'd have acted anymore.
Also, don't overlook that most didn't buy trentonlf's minion claim, but wouldn't put him on the village team either.

@̶d̶e̶d̶o̶p̶o̶r̶n̶o̶ - curious, what did the others vote for?

EDIT: Never mind, just saw it in the google docs. Why did blotunga vote No-Lynch? *scratches head*
Post edited December 29, 2016 by HypersomniacLive
Lol, didn't get a vote in but it would have been for trent.

Thanks, dedo! That was fun.

Thanks to all the players. Interesting game. I can see what a difference a short time frame would make. No time to really analyze what people were saying.

@zeo - one heck of an effort

@gogtrial - your post helped me see that trent was likely wolf and zeo minion