It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

trentonlf: ...if the results are lynching a scum I'm glad I did it this time.
well if that truly does turn out to be the case, I'm glad to have helped you so much, (I appear to have been the crucial element, making it "so easy" for you to do what you wanted...errr except achieve my lynch, that is, of course)

Bookwyrm627: Maybe I'm missing something, but what evidence is there that Hijack is town? You mention in post 683 that you've said why you don't want to lynch Hijack; could you link where you did that for me?
There's no evidence, of course. But here's the link to the post you maybe missed? In which I quoted you and asked you to explain why you find him scummy enough to vote, which I'd still love you to do.
adaliabooks: [...]
One simple question, when did Bookwyrm find out he was a Spectre?
Beginning of day 2.
So his conversation with agent must (logically) have occurred after that.
So any message sent to scum because of said conversation must have happened mid day 2.
Any further questions?

[...]
Did he actually say so? Could you link to it? I see him speaking of a late notice, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was before N1 officially ended. And a quick skimming through his posts didn't reveal anything related. Did you just indirectly admit that you got this info at the same time he locked your scum chat?

I never encouraged Bookwyrm to keep us in the dark, I gave me opinion on whether he should share his info or not and left it up to his judgement.

[...]
I wouldn't expect you to admit it if you're Scum, would I now?

Anyway, it's too late to try convince him to vote me as, unless there is more fishy business with the Spectres, his vote for HijacK stands for the rest of the day.
Do I detect a bit of smugness in your comment about his vote being stuck on HijacK?
My comment was not so much about his vote, as it was about keeping the pressure on you. But it seems that it may be too late for even that now.

JMich: The opposite actually. Prevent the dismissing of another townie's spectre.
Assume we do lynch someone today. That will be the exorcist's most likely target, since targeting Wyrm will mean town loses a voter. On N3, the exorcist could pick whoever we lynch on D3 (if we do lynch any), or one of the night kills (Wyrm or whoever may be killed on N2). That means a lynch target or two townies. But if he can pick the D2 lynch again as the target, that means he doesn't remove a vote from the table.

So no, not reviving dead-dead spectres, but keeping spectres around for the extra votes. Or do you not think that to be a good idea?
I see. That would indeed be a good idea. But as I said, the way I read the D2 opening post, I don't expect the Exorcist to be able to pick the same player twice, if said player is permanently removed from the game the first time they're picked; the wording reads pretty permanent to me. Unless one of the Spectres' special abilities and mechanics is to reverse the Exorcist's action(s).

We could always ask the mod, and see if he'd shed light on the matter, but if there's a related Spectres mechanic or ability, I don't think he'd answer.

@agentcarr

Is there any way the Exorcist could pick the same player a second time?

But what's with lumping Bookwyrm627 with future NKs? Didn't he just say that Spectres can't be NK-ed?
See what you've done now? I'm trying to see you in a more pro-town light, but you just seem determined to keep my eyebrow raised...
Bookwyrm627: I can't tell whether you are paying close attention or not, JMich.
Me neither ;)
I did reread agentcarr's posts on D2. Nowhere does it say that the exorcist cannot target the same person twice. All it says is that he may or may not use his power on N1.

HypersomniacLive: But what's with lumping Bookwyrm627 with future NKs? Didn't he just say that Spectres can't be NK-ed?
Seriously? You seriously cannot understand what I said in my hypothetical post?
I'm not going to explain it tonight. I do think you are smart enough to be able to decipher my meaning, even if I couldn't decipher that you meant you'd be the exorcist's target if you were lynched today.
If you still can't figure it out in ~12 hours, or if no one else cares to explain it to you, I will explain it.
Hint: We did have a N1 NK.
HypersomniacLive: ...
Without causing a huge ruckus, I'd like to ask what you think the potential of Evil (I feel like it's only possible there are 4 of them) having killed their own N1 to plant him as a bad-seed for the rest of the game as "confirmed town" with bookwyrm?

CONSPIRACY THEORIST at work, you know (just trying to consider ALL possibilities)
HypersomniacLive: Did he actually say so? Could you link to it? I see him speaking of a late notice, but that doesn't necessarily mean it was before N1 officially ended. And a quick skimming through his posts didn't reveal anything related. Did you just indirectly admit that you got this info at the same time he locked your scum chat?

Do I detect a bit of smugness in your comment about his vote being stuck on HijacK?
My comment was not so much about his vote, as it was about keeping the pressure on you. But it seems that it may be too late for even that now.
Not as far as I'm aware.
But are you trying to suggest that he was told before the end of the night that he was the NK?
How exactly would that work? Counter to every game I've ever played where Night action PMs were sent just before the dawn post was posted.
Then you have to take into account the time taken for Bookwyrm to have this conversation with agent, and to decide he needs to inform scum of their inability to NK Spectres, and you think all that happened before the day restarted?
Highly doubtful.

Probably. It's hard not to be a little smug when you're right.
adaliabooks: *poke*
Have you ever played an Arcane Blade in ToM'E?

If so, how do you feel about the Cunning / Dirty Fighting skill line?
adaliabooks: *poke*
drealmer7: Have you ever played an Arcane Blade in ToM'E?

If so, how do you feel about the Cunning / Dirty Fighting skill line?
I have (I've played every class), I have little love for the Arcane Blade though as I find they suck at both combat and magic (at least until you get to a higher level, but they don't often survive that long)

I've never bothered with the Dirty Fighting skills for any character (maybe the odd rogue, I can't remember if the later skills are any use) as I find there are usually better things to spend points on.
adaliabooks: Not as far as I'm aware.
But are you trying to suggest that he was told before the end of the night that he was the NK?
How exactly would that work? Counter to every game I've ever played where Night action PMs were sent just before the dawn post was posted.
Then you have to take into account the time taken for Bookwyrm to have this conversation with agent, and to decide he needs to inform scum of their inability to NK Spectres, and you think all that happened before the day restarted?
Highly doubtful.

Probably. It's hard not to be a little smug when you're right.
Try again. I think it was under 12hrs, but not by much.

JMich: Me neither ;)
I did reread agentcarr's posts on D2. Nowhere does it say that the exorcist cannot target the same person twice. All it says is that he may or may not use his power on N1.

Seriously? You seriously cannot understand what I said in my hypothetical post?
I'm not going to explain it tonight. I do think you are smart enough to be able to decipher my meaning, even if I couldn't decipher that you meant you'd be the exorcist's target if you were lynched today.
If you still can't figure it out in ~12 hours, or if no one else cares to explain it to you, I will explain it.
Hint: We did have a N1 NK.
Seriously what?

I believe I understood your hypothetical scenario, and the fact that you didn't object to anything but the point about Bookwyrm627, at least indicates that I actually did.
I only point out that I don't see why you needed to mention Bookwyrm627 with future NKs to lay it out.

I'm fully aware we had a N1 NK. We knew nth about Spectres and the related mechanics before D2 started. We knew nth about Spectres being off the table of possible NK targets until Bookwyrm627 revealed it.

I assume that the argument you want to make is that every NK represents a choice for the Exorcist. Here's the thing though for me.
Bookwyrm627 returned as a Spectre, so obviously the Exorcist didn't pick him N1. If the Exorcist has even a single cell of grey matter, he won't pick him Tonight either. Bookwyrm627 will probably remain the most confirmed (NK-ed) Town until the Coroner comes forward with evidence to the contrary, or actual data about another dead player being Town. That's if he gets a chance, either while still alive, or as a Spectre.

So, again I don't really see why it was necessary to include him with future NKs to get your point across.
If I'm missing something here, please go ahead and point it out, but for now it looks to me that you're trying a tad too hard to cover every single aspect and angle. After I called you out on not doing it.

drealmer7: Without causing a huge ruckus, I'd like to ask what you think the potential of Evil (I feel like it's only possible there are 4 of them) having killed their own N1 to plant him as a bad-seed for the rest of the game as "confirmed town" with bookwyrm?

CONSPIRACY THEORIST at work, you know (just trying to consider ALL possibilities)
Are you willing to make the argument that the Evil knew about the Spectre mechanic from the get go? Please do, but in a coherent and logical manner that also includes what that would mean for each side, if that wouldn't perhaps be overpowered Evil, and what the counter-measure Town would have in that case.

If not, what would their motive be to kill their own? I asked cristigale the same question, but never got an answer, IIRC.

And replying to JMich made me wonder about something.

@aganetcarr16

Does the Coroner have the ability to investigate a Spectre, or does the player need to have died and be gone for good from the game?
Hmmm...so I guess not posting every single page counts as lurking, which is scummy for some reason? What on earth does "offensive lurking" even mean? :D

I'm assuming this is all in good fun, but some people seem to be able to get quite realistically angry here...
vote trentonlf
babark: Hmmm...so I guess not posting every single page counts as lurking, which is scummy for some reason? What on earth does "offensive lurking" even mean? :D

I'm assuming this is all in good fun, but some people seem to be able to get quite realistically angry here...
vote trentonlf
With all due respect - your last post before this one was #571, and the timestamp on it reads "2 days ago", again; you barely escaped another mod prod . That's hardly just not posting on every single page.

Could you elaborate on why exactly you are voting trentonlf?
The evening wears on. Some mutter that adaliabooks is actually a member of the Mafia, from the big city, but others aren't so sure.

The mayor seems to be going up and down like a Jack-in-the-Box, answering questions thrown at him from all around the room...

Can Spectres be Nightkilled?

No, Spectres cannot be Nightkilled, just as they cannot be Lynched.

Is there any way the Exorcist could pick the same player a second time?

No, the Exorcist cannot exorcise the same Spectre twice.

Does the Coroner have the ability to investigate a Spectre, or does the player need to have died and be gone for good from the game?

Yes, the Coroner can investigate a Spectre.

Votecount

HijacK: 5 (trentonlf, adaliabooks, cristigale, CSPVG, Bookwyrm627)
trentonlf: 2 (lotsofchickenwings, babark)
babark: 1 (drealmer7)
HypersomniacLive: 1 (HijacK)

Not Voting: a4plz, flubbucket, HypersomniacLive, JMich

HijacK is closest to lynch at L-2

The deadline is Wednesday, May 11 at 20:00 EST.
Post edited May 11, 2016 by agentcarr16
HypersomniacLive: With all due respect - your last post before this one was #571, and the timestamp on it reads "2 days ago", again; you barely escaped another mod prod . That's hardly just not posting on every single page.

And on that note a4plz hasn't posted in three days according to the timestamp...

Lurkers, lurkers, everywhere,
And HijacK hangs on by an inch;
Lurkers, lurkers, everwhere,
And not enough votes to lynch.
HypersomniacLive: With all due respect - your last post before this one was #571, and the timestamp on it reads "2 days ago", again; you barely escaped another mod prod . That's hardly just not posting on every single page.

Perhaps that is so. I still don't understand. Why is that wrong? I speak as often as it seems useful to, no more, no less. The last time it was a simple issue of me not realising day 2 had started (and quoting/replying to me in this thread doesn't seem to create a notification). Does me not posting every page (or every two pages or every three pages, considering how heated discussion gets in here) make me scummy? Why?
Avoiding posting makes people scummy, posting too much makes people scummy....if you're paranoid enough, everything can be scummy.

Currently my two possibilities for evil are trentonlf and drealmer7 (for reasons mentioned in my last post). I simply chose trentonlf because he already had one other vote.

adaliabooks: And on that note a4plz hasn't posted in three days according to the timestamp...

Lurkers, lurkers, everywhere,
And HijacK hangs on by an inch;
Lurkers, lurkers, everwhere,
And not enough votes to lynch.
...I was just about to go looking for things of that sort...

Official Prod

a4plz: (...)
a4plz, please return to the game. Your most recent post reads "3 days ago".
babark: Perhaps that is so. I still don't understand. Why is that wrong? I speak as often as it seems useful to, no more, no less. The last time it was a simple issue of me not realising day 2 had started (and quoting/replying to me in this thread doesn't seem to create a notification). Does me not posting every page (or every two pages or every three pages, considering how heated discussion gets in here) make me scummy? Why?
Avoiding posting makes people scummy, posting too much makes people scummy....if you're paranoid enough, everything can be scummy.

Currently my two possibilities for evil are trentonlf and drealmer7 (for reasons mentioned in my last post). I simply chose trentonlf because he already had one other vote.
First off, you're violating rule #12.

Secondly, I don't think that anyone ever argued that posting too much is considered scummy. On the contrary, if it's game-related, active participation is considered a very positive thing - if one is Town, they add to the discussions, try to root out Scum, if one is Mafia, chances are that they'll slip. And even if not, they put themselves out there, so can be reread, scrutinised, questioned.

Lurking is considered a bad thing, it's a known scum tactic, as it deprives players from doing what I described above - the less one talks, the less likely they are to make a mistake. Showing up once in a blue moon allows for careful planning of what to say, and how to say it.

Discussions can get, and often are, pretty heated. They can be a distraction, but they can also serve to scum-hunt - people react in various ways under pressure. This should be an incentive to be around, not to lurk.That's if you're Town. If you're Mafia you probably want to lay low as to not attract attention to yourself.

To sum it up - you have a few posts since game start, you've been evasive and terse in your replies, often selectively answering questions, you appeared to ask for ideas/advice on how to go about scum-hunting, then disappeared for the next 2ds, only to come back now to complain about why anyone would think you're acting scummy.

If you are Town, you'll have to do a lot better than this.

Indulge me, and state your reasons for suspecting drealmer7 and trentonlf again, please.