It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

You always make me feel so excited to participate, drealmer.
a4plz: You always make me feel so excited to participate, drealmer.
Hey, it's nothing personal. I'm actually very very glad to have you here, so please don't misunderstand!
Hello everyone, it's Mother's Day here today, meaning I have plans and such.

I will attempt to post something more tonight, though. I apologise for my absence in the meantime.
drealmer7: Hey, it's nothing personal. I'm actually very very glad to have you here, so please don't misunderstand!
Well alright, disregard my saltiness then.

There's so much spite going around in this game that I can't even tell whether people are roleplaying or not.
HypersomniacLive: ...........<snip>...........

Don't follow. I was not convinced of drealmer7's scumminess; he's perfectly capable of painting himself in that corner even when he's Town. He was low hanging fruit, and, with no flips, his lynch would have told us what exactly?
Does not mean that I discard the case he's exploiting this to his advantage as Scum this game.

...........<snip>...........
Oh surely you do follow.

You were more tempted to put him at L-1 to see if Bookwyrm627 would hammer.

Your assertion of dreamler's Good or Evil status seemed less important than using his lynch to detect Bookwyrm627's alignment.

Or better yet, paint dreamler as Good. The whole conversation from Day One between you two now deserves some scrutiny.
Dessimu: - flubbucket - same as always - master of scum in my eyes,
I agree 110%!!

Why am I still alive?? I long to join Caspwyrm the friendly ghost.

Bookwyrm627: .....................<disputing dreamler & making sense>.............
Confirmed....Bookwyrm627 is the scumz.
HypersomniacLive: Putting this aside for a moment, I'd like to clarify one thing.

In your post #444 you said [emphasis added]:

If anyone suggests that no-lynch is a good idea for today, you have my vote.
HypersomniacLive: I initially read that as your vote being in favour of No-Lynch, hence my question to you (post #468), but after reading your recent post, I wonder if you meant that you'd vote whoever suggested No-Lynch.
Yes, I was saying I would vote for anyone who suggested No-Lynch

cristigale: If a specter is removed from the game on a given night, the Exorcist was alive (at least at the start of the night.)
Bookwyrm627: While you can't know it yet, this is not entirely accurate. Remind me to come back to this closer to the deadline.
Interesting. This mechanic may prove to be a wild ride. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

a4plz: I'm not going to vote No Lynch again today, since there's no new information to wait around for, but I'm really going to struggle to pick a body for the vote unless someone decides to push for another No Lynch round.

Bookwyrm is definitely a townie since the scum team didn't know about the spectre mechanics until we did... I presume. There is a small chance they might pull that stunt in a future round, but only if they have a respectable number of cultists to work with. They might have 6, they might have 2. I don't know if this is available knowledge.
If you don't know who looks scummy, think about who looks town. Sometimes it helps to narrow down scum by process of elimination. (i.e. I think players A, B, C, and D are town so scum must be players E, F, and/or G.) It's hard for me to imagine that you don't have an opinion (one way or the other) on someone by now.

3-4 scum is a typical number of scum for a 13 player game.

trentonlf: All right I'm done with my little experiment. I decided half way through Day 1 to change my meta up and get overly aggressive with someone, and man drealmer do you make it easy, to see what responses I could elicit from other players.
That paints it in a different light. It's a risky gambit for town, but makes sense about what was bothering me. Do you think this was a wise move for town? I'm not fully awake right now, I need to look at this later with fresh eyes.

trentonlf: 2. I am surprised at how little to no response I got from several players, I was being overly aggressive and so narrow visioned that I should have been called out by someone other than drealmer. The one person I found most interesting to have said nothing is Hijack. I think Hijack is scum. He has been deflecting when someone has suggested he is acting scummy instead of defending himself. His involvement in the game is just enough to make is to he is seen but not really doing anything. My guess is he did not want to say anything about my behavior as it kept attention off of him. He is my top suspect for scum.
I do not follow why you expected HijacK to comment on your play. The arguments about deflecting and lack of participation make sense. I don't see the connection between that and his lack of comments on your play.
HypersomniacLive: Putting this aside for a moment, I'd like to clarify one thing.

In your post #444 you said [emphasis added]:

I initially read that as your vote being in favour of No-Lynch, hence my question to you (post #468), but after reading your recent post, I wonder if you meant that you'd vote whoever suggested No-Lynch.
cristigale: Yes, I was saying I would vote for anyone who suggested No-Lynch

Bookwyrm627: While you can't know it yet, this is not entirely accurate. Remind me to come back to this closer to the deadline.
cristigale: Interesting. This mechanic may prove to be a wild ride. Looking forward to seeing how this plays out.

a4plz: I'm not going to vote No Lynch again today, since there's no new information to wait around for, but I'm really going to struggle to pick a body for the vote unless someone decides to push for another No Lynch round.

Bookwyrm is definitely a townie since the scum team didn't know about the spectre mechanics until we did... I presume. There is a small chance they might pull that stunt in a future round, but only if they have a respectable number of cultists to work with. They might have 6, they might have 2. I don't know if this is available knowledge.
cristigale: If you don't know who looks scummy, think about who looks town. Sometimes it helps to narrow down scum by process of elimination. (i.e. I think players A, B, C, and D are town so scum must be players E, F, and/or G.) It's hard for me to imagine that you don't have an opinion (one way or the other) on someone by now.

3-4 scum is a typical number of scum for a 13 player game.

trentonlf: All right I'm done with my little experiment. I decided half way through Day 1 to change my meta up and get overly aggressive with someone, and man drealmer do you make it easy, to see what responses I could elicit from other players.
cristigale: That paints it in a different light. It's a risky gambit for town, but makes sense about what was bothering me. Do you think this was a wise move for town? I'm not fully awake right now, I need to look at this later with fresh eyes.

trentonlf: 2. I am surprised at how little to no response I got from several players, I was being overly aggressive and so narrow visioned that I should have been called out by someone other than drealmer. The one person I found most interesting to have said nothing is Hijack. I think Hijack is scum. He has been deflecting when someone has suggested he is acting scummy instead of defending himself. His involvement in the game is just enough to make is to he is seen but not really doing anything. My guess is he did not want to say anything about my behavior as it kept attention off of him. He is my top suspect for scum.
cristigale: I do not follow why you expected HijacK to comment on your play. The arguments about deflecting and lack of participation make sense. I don't see the connection between that and his lack of comments on your play.
Because when Hijack is town he is all over someone if he thinks they are behaving different or in a scummy manner yet he didn't even mention my behavior once. His response to me was exactly what I expected, still not defending himself but trying to deflect.

@drealmer you need to get over yourself and quit playing butt hurt, there's no contention between anyone. I think you don't like the fact that I accused you again of being scum, get over it, it's a game of accusations. If you can't take the accusations don't play. If you are taking any of this personally that's a you issue and it's clouding your judgement, it's a game and nothing more. I also don't understand your fixation on a4plz, he/she is actually participating in the game while babark is not participating at all and has been proded twice by the mod.
trentonlf: Because when Hijack is town he is all over someone if he thinks they are behaving different or in a scummy manner yet he didn't even mention my behavior once. His response to me was exactly what I expected, still not defending himself but trying to deflect.

@drealmer you need to get over yourself and quit playing butt hurt, there's no contention between anyone. I think you don't like the fact that I accused you again of being scum, get over it, it's a game of accusations. If you can't take the accusations don't play. If you are taking any of this personally that's a you issue and it's clouding your judgement, it's a game and nothing more. I also don't understand your fixation on a4plz, he/she is actually participating in the game while babark is not participating at all and has been proded twice by the mod.
@Trentwolf - so you are admitting that you were behaving differently or in a scummy manner? Please elaborate? I did just play a game of avalon recently, where a girl just voted for everything. Granted she had just played 5 games in a row and wanted to mix it up - but it was ... alarming. It wasn't until the last round or so that i finally got what she was doing and trusted her.

So, WIFOM (btw - just learned what that meant and watched the Princess Bride clip...so well-written), but here are the 2 wine options:
1 - You are town, and just want to mix it up. ironically - you want to see what it's like to be like drealmer and stir any and all pots and get reactions from people
2 - you are scum, and figure it's tough to be scum so why not go guns-a-blazing and try something differently
3 (least likely) - you are PR and trying to shift focus elsewhere. I don't give this high possibility at all as you'd actually have something to lose.

My leaning is #2 - it seems like you are backtracking too quickly. Why admit that you were playing differently now? Why not do so day 1? Why not say - hey i might try something different. The girl with nothing to lose in Avalon, admitted right away she just wanted to try something different. This feels like desperation coming from you now.
trentonlf: @drealmer you need to get over yourself and quit playing butt hurt, there's no contention between anyone. I think you don't like the fact that I accused you again of being scum, get over it, it's a game of accusations. If you can't take the accusations don't play. If you are taking any of this personally that's a you issue and it's clouding your judgement, it's a game and nothing more. I also don't understand your fixation on a4plz, he/she is actually participating in the game while babark is not participating at all and has been proded twice by the mod.
As much as I got fucked in the last game, I'm not butthurt at all or taking anything personally. I'm having fun. I can be irked at (if you're town) your crappy town play and still be having fun, can't I? Yes, yes I can! and I still don't think you're Good.

I have a fixation on a4plz? ummm, no? you seem obsessed with babark though. do you not trust agent to handle him properly or something?
drealmer7: [...] the conspiracy theory [...]
Bookwyrm627 covered it pretty nicely; if you start off with "X player is Scum", I'm pretty sure that you'll manage to find proof to support your theory when reading them, more so if said player is part of the uninformed majority of Town.
The main problem is that even if you've got something right, it will get lost, and you'll have a hell of a hard time convincing anyone.
I prompt you to at least consider the advice I've given Dessimu; not always easy to follow, but it's worth it.

cristigale: [...]

@hyper
Do you still believe this? Who do think was/were the scum on drealmer’s wagon? Did the “orchestration” involve anyone not on the wagon?
Yes, but I've added another POV to it, and still working on it.

drealmer7: [...] are you the mod? no. so let the mod handle it! [...]
Was this childish reaction really necessary?

flubbucket: [...] Or better yet, paint dreamler as Good. The whole conversation from Day One between you two now deserves some scrutiny.
Funny. Funny, but interesting. I'll be waiting with great anticipation to hear the outcome of that.

Seeing that you did find and reply to my post #490, am I to assume that you're not going to answer the question I asked you?

I was puzzled by trentonlf's eyebrow-raising D2 behaviour, he's now provided an explanation, not sure what to make of it. His D1 behaviour was more or less in-line with this town-self, though, as I've said, he's more than capable of passing as Town when he's Mafia.
As drealmer7 said, yogsloth claimed almost the exact same thing when he was Mafia, so with this precedent, would scum-trentonlf use this claim as cover, or would scum-trentonlf do it exactly because of this? WIFOM, I guess. Still keeping an eye on him.

That said, I have to agree with him about HijacK (post #548). If trentonlf's Evil, he may be trying to set up HijacK, but Town-HijacK does not evade, deflect and brush off others this way, especially when becoming the centre of others negative attention, while generally laying low. I wouldn't be surprised if he came and claimed how poorly we read him, he's already laid the ground to make such a case.
If he's Town, he needs to do a much better job, because so far, I've not seen anything that could change my mind.

Speaking of suspects, I've done a bit of rereading on JMich after his post #484.
I've checked the Werewolf game. They did get alignment reveals in that one. But there was no Coroner in it. There is one in this game.
In flubbucket's Milk Game there were also no reveals of any sort, but there was a Coroner. JMich played in that game.

I find the following things at least eyebrow raising:
- He chalked up his assumption of us getting alignment reveals a bit too casually.
- He completely overlooked/(discarded?) the implication of having a Coroner in this game.
- flubbucket's Milk Game, that has more similarities to the current one, did not ring any bells to him as if he hadn't played in that one.
- He kept pointing out potential angles and aspects others should take into account, yet didn't when it came to his own take on things.

JMich is big on examining possibilities and presenting arguments for each one. He's pretty objective about it when he's Town. Not so much when he's not, but plays his cards in a subtle way as to not draw (much) attention; that is the way he's gone about so far in this game.

Add a couple of other things, like the way he went after me on D1 reminding me of the way he went after yogsloth in CSPVG's Game #27, just less aggressive, that his arguments were all emotion-based, when he's repeatedly said he's not good at this sort of thing, and that he tried a bit too hard to portray me as twisting his words when he knew exactly what point I was making, and going all sarcastic.

At this point in D2, I'm good lynching JMich or HijacK Today, and I'd take JMich before HijacK.
I'd also be good lynching the lurkers, but not over the ones I see acting scummy.

Thoughts?
Lazy Sunday, catching up on my Series after yard work. Two comments so far.

1) trent goes the "I decided to mix my meta up" way. I do think this does tend to end up getting the person lynched, curious to see how it goes now.
2) HSL is still dogging after my heels. At least there is consistency in that. Not sure if it's a case of tunnel vision or a case too deep to try and dig out of yet.

And no HSL, I do not correlate coroners with meaning no flips at all. Will have to double check, but I think I've had a game with janitor/coroner combo that did provide full flips otherwise, and I think that was before the werewolf game. Or was that the aliens game, where there was a janitor, but no coroner? Hm, will have to check (or more likely, someone will check and take another pot shot). Thus why I often say that I need to take another look at rules and explanations given so far, because I may misunderstand some of them.
trentonlf: Because when Hijack is town he is all over someone if he thinks they are behaving different or in a scummy manner yet he didn't even mention my behavior once. His response to me was exactly what I expected, still not defending himself but trying to deflect.

lotsofchickenwings: @Trentwolf - so you are admitting that you were behaving differently or in a scummy manner? Please elaborate? I did just play a game of avalon recently, where a girl just voted for everything. Granted she had just played 5 games in a row and wanted to mix it up - but it was ... alarming. It wasn't until the last round or so that i finally got what she was doing and trusted her.

So, WIFOM (btw - just learned what that meant and watched the Princess Bride clip...so well-written), but here are the 2 wine options:
1 - You are town, and just want to mix it up. ironically - you want to see what it's like to be like drealmer and stir any and all pots and get reactions from people
2 - you are scum, and figure it's tough to be scum so why not go guns-a-blazing and try something differently
3 (least likely) - you are PR and trying to shift focus elsewhere. I don't give this high possibility at all as you'd actually have something to lose.

My leaning is #2 - it seems like you are backtracking too quickly. Why admit that you were playing differently now? Why not do so day 1? Why not say - hey i might try something different. The girl with nothing to lose in Avalon, admitted right away she just wanted to try something different. This feels like desperation coming from you now.
Why would I come out from the beginning and go "hey I'm going to play different this time so get ready" if I'm wanting to see how people react to what I do? Nothing desperate at all from me, everything I do is to get reactions from people. Best way I know to gather info on someone is to see how they react to certain situations. I still think it's very likely that drealmer is scum, but I find it more likely Hijack is from the way he is reacting to others and playing.
HypersomniacLive: am I to assume that you're not going to answer the question I asked you?
Frankly I thought the answer was obvious.

As I stated, the possibility exists only from my experience from older games.

Specifically, there were no reveals of Night Kills except to the mafia. Lynches were different but not consistent. It depended on the moderator.
HypersomniacLive: Was this childish reaction really necessary?
getting personal now??? *ping*

if this message of yours isn't a scum tactic then: I found what I said to be fucking HILARIOUS, and intended it in light and good humor for all (especially trent!)...it sucks you couldn't see it that way (I don't want to get into why you thought it was childish or defend/explain it more than that, it's a bad line to go on for the game, I think.) Maybe you're already convinced I'm childish and so you view anything you can find as me being childish?

interesting, trent still thinks I'm very likely scum buuut now HijacK is more likely? Wow, he just contradicts himself all over the place! wriggling scum indeed! (I think!)

BEAUTIFUL DAY after about 2 weeks of cold nights and rainy days. I'M OUT IN IT (just inside for lunch!)