It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

If you want some filler games with low player count Resistance setups need only 5 players, although they can go up to ten.

That or those Russian Roulette style thingies I recall from around Xmas? Might do the trick.
HijacK: And oh boy, I'm having a field day in the Brexit thread. If one more person tells me I'm racist for bashing on the old communist generations of Eastern Europe, I'm gonna lose my shit.
The conversation got quite a bit more entertaining there, for awhile.

Brasas: If you want some filler games with low player count Resistance setups need only 5 players, although they can go up to ten.

That or those Russian Roulette style thingies I recall from around Xmas? Might do the trick.
I would be a fan of either one. Especially Russian Roulette Mafia! :D
----------

I was just looking at the Host list, and didn't Lift just recently have a turn hosting? Or does it just burn brighter in memory, having been longer ago than I thought?
Post edited June 24, 2016 by Bookwyrm627
Bookwyrm627: I was just looking at the Host list, and didn't Lift just recently have a turn hosting? Or does it just burn brighter in memory, having been longer ago than I thought?
Game 32. November of last year.
So fairly recently considering how long hosting list is but not that much.
Including Russian Roulette and Resistance game there were 10 game in between.
Quite a lot I would say. Even more considering there should be 5 more people in front of him if everyone took their turn.
This might be a bit of a stretch, but I have the materials and the constant enough presence on the forum that I might be able to run a setup of the game Bang! if anybody's interested. Not sure how well it would work in actual practice, but the idea's there.
zeogold: This might be a bit of a stretch, but I have the materials and the constant enough presence on the forum that I might be able to run a setup of the game Bang! if anybody's interested. Not sure how well it would work in actual practice, but the idea's there.
Got a link to a rule list or something?
low rated
zeogold: This might be a bit of a stretch, but I have the materials and the constant enough presence on the forum that I might be able to run a setup of the game Bang! if anybody's interested. Not sure how well it would work in actual practice, but the idea's there.
Bookwyrm627: Got a link to a rule list or something?
Pardon? You mean for how this forum game would work, or how the physical game works for those who've never heard of it?
If the latter, I'll link you to the rules for the dice version (I think the card version might be a little TOO hard to recreate on the forum).
http://www.dvgiochi.net/bang_the_dice_game/BANG!_dice_game-rules.pdf
Post edited June 25, 2016 by zeogold
Presumably different than "Kill Bang Marry."

Which could be fun too.
bler144: Presumably different than "Kill Bang Marry."

Which could be fun too.
Heidi Klum / Scarlett Johansson / Smurfette

gogogogo
yogsloth: Heidi Klum / Scarlett Johansson / Smurfette

gogogogo
Tough one.

Think I'll go with bang / kill / marry. Johansson is annoying. And think of all the little smurf-lettes we could have together in our happy marriage!
bler144: Johansson is annoying.
Blasphemy! You, sir, are not human!
bler144: Johansson is annoying.
HijacK: Blasphemy! You, sir, are not human!
Clearly not - I'm a smurf!

This isn't just an avatar, this is really me.
bler144: Clearly not - I'm a smurf!

This isn't just an avatar, this is really me.
Blue rodents. Stop eating my fiber! US has shitty enough internet as it is.
I was thinking we could wait until after the weekend to try and decide what is up next, but I'm good with wahtever.

I'd be up for a quick Russian Roulette game or some other type of filler game too.

Vitek: Drealmer's game is not ready yet as far as I know and we are quite thin on playerbase recently and and he mentioned he wants biiiiiig game.
I'm pretty close to ready, and figure I'll be ready to go after 1 more game, assuming it goes 2+ weeks. I'm mostly waiting to have some back and forth with my beautiful assist. moderator, krypsyn (have you seen his flowing blonde hair, OMG, it's GORGEOUS! I couldn't be luckier!), to work out any potential kinks (heh) and to get as thoroughly prepared for as many things as we can think of before pushing it into the final stretch of completion, but it's pretty set, and I'm pretty excited for it.

When I initially signed up to host I projected not hosting until at the earliest October, but I've been working on it a lot the past 2 months (also know that I first started coming up with characters and flavor during game #31, so it's gone through quite a development process) anticipating being moved up by a few months and getting excited for things which has been further inspiring and driving to get it more refined and completed.

The setting is during fall-winter months, so it would have been neat to coincide it with northeast US winter, but no matter, and maybe I'll be able to host it again during winter months too! (though I'm already working on 2nd and 3rd setups! the 2nd is a western, the 3rd is a law enforcement convention, but maybe if it goes over well I could re-do this current one.)

I also decided that for moderating my first game there is no way I want to go over 17 players and try and manage all of that. The game I have set is ideal for 17, I'd say, but will work perfectly well at any number 14-17. I really hope we can get that many, I do think we can!

Do prepare for a decent amount of flavor, BUT the majority of it is going to be contained in the signup thread, the opening posts for the game (it will be broken into multiple posts because there is quite a bit!), and in the initial PMs to all of the players (some have a LOT - multiple 11font-sized word .doc pages, others have less than a page.) So, after digesting all of that, when there is flavor, it will be less frequent and less dense. There's just a lot right at the get-go to get everything set, and some characters simply have accumulated a lot of biography over the time I've been working on the game and that is just how it goes!

I know there are some people who don't get down with a bunch of flavor in games, but hopefully this will be well written and flow and be engaging enough that it's not ever a task to get through even for those who don't like to read a lot will even be into it - mostly hopefully the signup thread length isn't discouraging!

The game will have GRAPHIC CONTENT and will be for MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY! Definitely blood and gore and disturbing imagery, maybe some sex and erotica (hey, even if there isn't actually, I'd say there might be just to tease it and draw more attention!), possibly some what some call "vulgar" language, but there's actually none in all that I've written so far, so who knows.
Post edited June 25, 2016 by drealmer7
drealmer7: The game will have GRAPHIC CONTENT and will be for MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY! Definitely blood and gore and disturbing imagery, maybe some sex and erotica (hey, even if there isn't actually, I'd say there might be just to tease it and draw more attention!), possibly some what some call "vulgar" language, but there's actually none in all that I've written so far, so who knows.
I'm beginning to question your forum title.
I never played forum Russian Roulette. As long as no one is harmed, I'd be up for it.