It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Microfish_1: would you please link the practice game mentioned?
Here you go
trentonlf: Here you go
Thank you! I don't promise to read all of it, but I'll give it a go.
I've created the trent QT. PM me for the link.
whoop whoop! Give em hell Trent!

And remember - if you get killed early, you just did it on purpose so you'd get to play the next GoG Mafia game. (Dare I say... REAL Mafia game???)
Hang on, what day is it?

Don't give em hell just yet, Trent. Conserve your energy till the game starts ;)

:p
trentonlf: I am in Game 2, it starts Monday. I will not be able to discuss the game so if anyone decides they would like to talk about it please create a QT for it so I can't see it :)
HypersomniacLive: Looking forward to it (I've also been following your practice game with much interest).

If anyone's gong to create a QT for trentonlf's Champs game, I'd like the link; cheers.
They asked for people to change dates to accommodate others so I have a new date now. I’ll be in game #7 that starts on May 25th
yogsloth: I've created the trent QT. PM me for the link.
New start date of May 25th
Post edited May 02, 2020 by trentonlf
yogsloth: I've created the trent QT. PM me for the link.
Send me link please.
trentonlf: They asked for people to change dates to accommodate others so I have a new date now. I’ll be in game #7 that starts on May 25th [...]
That's actually nice, now we can cheer for you properly when the time comes (following two games on MU is too much for me).
While we're waiting for Joe's game (and if you haven't joined yet, why haven't you), I've got another idea for a PR from the Sultan game.

Since the Vigilante can be swingy, here is something new: the Vig Duo. Two Town people get this role. They are unlimited-shot vigilantes, but their shot only works if they both target the same person and they both survive the Night.

So only someone pegged as very scummy by two people dies. They don't know who the other person is, but they of course know he exists, so they have to be on the lookout for signs of who the other person might be.

To make it more difficult to communicate, the existence of them is made public. So any communication they attempt to surreptitiously pass regarding the target, can be intercepted by the Mafia.

They can of course claim and corroborate each other, at which point they become as powerful as two innocent childs (sic*) or chatless masons, but they practically lose their vig power since they need both to survive the Night for it to work.

*sounds better than "innocent children".
I like that idea!
Sounds cool.
ZFR: So only someone pegged as very scummy by two people dies.
This is interesting.
It's an interesting concept, but I think it's going to be incredibly hard to balance. As ZFR notes, the role really has two powers:

1/2 NK (very weak by itself)
IC (strength is dependent on overall balance and how it's played)

The NK function is incredibly weak in most circumstances, but it also creates a bit of a catch 22 for balancing, esp. when town knows the roles exist.

If you add a lot of other town roles to protect the killing function of the position, then the IC component of the role particularly becomes overpowered (as with any NK, even if they can coordinate, they may kill a townie).

If you acknowledge that Dual IC is incredibly powerful to the point of potentially game-breaking if used on D1, then you need a stronger mafia and/or weaker town, and the killing component becomes more or less irrelevant.

Really the only potential saving grace is that, without knowing the overall setup the townies with these roles might not come forward D1 or D2, but the odds of a successful kill is so low that you arguably should just play it as IC.

Without going into too much detail, I had a very loosely similar idea a few years ago, and instead treated it like a poisoner, where 1 dose wasn't enough to kill anyone, but 2 doses accrued over the course of the game had a significant impact, and 3 meant death.

That sort of approach would limit the need to coordinate on any given night, but now that you've announced the role exists, it's going to be hard to NOT have some sort of IC aspect to it if you move ahead.
bler144: but the odds of a successful kill is so low that you arguably should just play it as IC.
Yes, this is my main concern. Given the difficulty in executing a successful hit, the better strategy for them might be simply to play it out as IC.
Hi guys

trenton’s Championship game has been scheduled :)

GAME 7 (MAY 25, 48/24, 12 AM EDT EOD)
AXIS (TarValon.Net)
Captain Video (The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe)
feitan (Hallyu Plus)
IainC (Broken Forum)
KZA (Canucks Community)
LightFoot (The Giraffe Boards)
Marshmallow Marshall (SC2 Mafia)
roundbox (Flash Flash Revolution)
Sheppard (LA Gaming Circle)
SilverKeith (MafiaLandia)
SmartBomb (Mafia Universe)
tonystarkprime (HeroClix Realms)
trentonlf (GOG)
Trustworthy Liberal (Ultimate Dangan Werewolf)
Zone Q11 (Novel Updates)

Do you wish to spectate and/or talk with players from other communities?
We have a big server on Discord (1,000+ members) for those that want to spectate and talk about these games. The representatives will be added to this channel too after they die. Or if you just want to chat with people from other communities, we have a general chat too that is unrelated to the Mafia Championship.

1) CLICK HERE TO JOIN: https://discord.gg/CwDKmjQ

2) Upon joining the server, please inform us of who you are and which community you are from. We will then give you the necessary permissions to see the spectator channel. This is necessary to avoid the wrong people (the representatives and their backups) joining the channel.

You don't need to have Discord installed in order to join the channel, as there is a web version.

Do you want to have your own private community spectator chat?
This is definitely both allowed and encouraged. However, I ask that you please do everything possible to make this chat private and inaccessible to your representative, backup and your representative's opponents. It's important that your thoughts and comments don't influence the game. In other words, please don't post about the game in public threads -- this is very important.

Mafia Championship Podcast
For the first time ever, there will be a Mafia Championship podcast.

The first episode goes live on Twitch at Sunday 4 PM Eastern - i.e. tomorrow. It will feature 4 former winners. There will also be podcasts on the following Sundays.

It will go live here, if you are interested: https://www.twitch.tv/mrthingyman/

Where do I get more info?
Refer to this thread: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/25499-Season-7-General-Information

This thread will tell you all the details about this season. It also includes a list of the 165 participating communities and their representatives.

If you need to get in contact with me, my Discord is Thingyman#6075