It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Lifthrasil: Why??? I like playing with you! You're one of the good ones!
drealmer7: no, he needs to be banned from all future games so when he gets over his hissy fit (again) he doesn't come back
Nonsense. If we would ban people for having fits around here, you would have been banned long ago. And me probably too. And HijacK. And many others. It can get heated from time to time and yes, in this case it escalated more quickly than expected. But your call for a ban is just a hurt ego.
Bookwyrm627: I TRUSTED YOU, FLUB!
Now THAT is a sentence I never expected to read from anyone who knows flub! ;-)
drealmer7: no, he needs to be banned from all future games so when he gets over his hissy fit (again) he doesn't come back
Lifthrasil: Nonsense. If we would ban people for having fits around here, you would have been banned long ago. And me probably too. And HijacK. And many others. It can get heated from time to time and yes, in this case it escalated more quickly than expected. But your call for a ban is just a hurt ego.
I'm going to have to second this.

Lifthrasil: Now THAT is a sentence I never expected to read from anyone who knows flub! ;-)
Yeah, it falls under the category of "I can't believe that boop just came out of my mouth", even if Flub is always town.
Lifthrasil: Why??? I like playing with you! You're one of the good ones!
I think a ban is way to harsh. Accidents happens and we are real humans with feelings and sometimes we get angry or mad and act on that. Right or wrong we all have mistakes in our lives. I think a ban is way to harsh.
Sage103082: I think a ban is way to harsh. Accidents happens and we are real humans with feelings and sometimes we get angry or mad and act on that. Right or wrong we all have mistakes in our lives. I think a ban is way to harsh.
it wasn't an accident, it wasn't a mistake (neither the edit OR the revealing of his partners)

he did it with malicious intent to ruin the game for everyone and he should not be permitted to play with others

I see no excuse for such behavior.
Post edited August 28, 2017 by drealmer7
drealmer7: he did it with malicious intent to ruin the game for everyone and he should not be permitted to play with others

I see no excuse for such behavior.
Let me remind you of Bookwyrm's game... ok, you didn't ruin the game (but you had no real info available to you do to so) but you had a pretty major hissy fit..
I'm very sorry trent feels the need to stop playing, but I think if we are going to ban him from playing then we need to ban you too...
Bookwyrm627: [...] I TRUSTED YOU, FLUB! [...]
You've been long enough here to know that trusting flubbucket is not a wise thing, even when he's your scum-buddy.

Lifthrasil: Nonsense. If we would ban people for having fits around here, you would have been banned long ago. And me probably too. And HijacK. And many others. It can get heated from time to time and yes, in this case it escalated more quickly than expected. But your call for a ban is just a hurt ego.
And third it.

drealmer7: it wasn't an accident, it wasn't a mistake (neither the edit OR the revealing of his partners)

he did it with malicious intent to ruin the game for everyone and he should not be permitted to play with others
Curious, how do you know for a fact that the edit was with malicious intent?

As for the latter - ever heard of Hanlon's razor?

Either way, perhaps this can serve as a lesson to all to better stick to the "no post editing of any sort" rule from now on.
HypersomniacLive: Either way, perhaps this can serve as a lesson to all to better stick to the "no post editing of any sort" rule from now on.
This.
It's too easy once you start breaking the rule to break it all the way. I don't think it hurts the game at all to have to think for 10 minutes before posting again sometimes... or to consider your original post well enough not to need to.
HypersomniacLive: Either way, perhaps this can serve as a lesson to all to better stick to the "no post editing of any sort" rule from now on.
adaliabooks: This.
It's too easy once you start breaking the rule to break it all the way. I don't think it hurts the game at all to have to think for 10 minutes before posting again sometimes... or to consider your original post well enough not to need to.
And I'll third this.
I'll fourth every fourthable post above mine
Lifthrasil: Now THAT is a sentence I never expected to read from anyone who knows flub! ;-)
Agreed.
Well. How about: let's get over this disaster, calm down and prod JMich so that he starts the next game?
Lifthrasil: prod JMich so that he starts the next game?
Will need a few days to ponder whether I'll go for a Hot Fuzz or an XCOM flavor game. I think I'll run another Cult C9 game, since people did seem to like it last time. And we do need more cult games, don't we?
Lifthrasil: prod JMich so that he starts the next game?
JMich: Will need a few days to ponder whether I'll go for a Hot Fuzz or an XCOM flavor game. I think I'll run another Cult C9 game, since people did seem to like it last time. And we do need more cult games, don't we?
I'm totally in favour of a cult game. But who will be the cult leader if you are modding and not playing? That is going to be confusing! ;-)

Setting wise I think XCOM is cool, but Hot Fuzz fits a cult theme better. Perhaps the Hot Fuzz village way before Nick Angel arrived, when the village cult was still growing? Or after Nick arrived, all the village is already in it for The Greater Good (TM) - and this bothersome big city cop starts a 'follow the law' cult, by befriending one person after the other (That would be a reverse cult game, so to speak).
Lifthrasil: (That would be a reverse cult game, so to speak).
Hm, this would actually allow for a "The Greater Good" rule as well. Just to make sure you all have posting restrictions to adhere to ;)